Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: bug of inventors triggered between turns  (Read 1025 times)

zetsansun

• Pawn
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
bug of inventors triggered between turns
« on: November 27, 2020, 11:03:06 pm »
+3

If somewhat inventor are triggered between turns by donate (that is possible if you use way of the mouse on vassal, sheepdog, and use donate to trash catacomb to gain an inventor), the cost reduction effect continuous until the end of your next turn (even during lord rattington's turn).

I guess in coding the cost reduction effect only vanish if the turn of the player of inventor ends, so that the effect will not be lifted until my next turn ends.

This somewhat leads to more questions about donate: does the "between turns" counts as a turn? If not then by the discription of inventor the cost reduction effect shall never be triggered, even in the "between turns" period. I notice that because at first I try to use this combo by inheritance and trash the hunting grounds, and notice that estates are not playable as an action by vassal.

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: bug of inventors triggered between turns
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 05:39:22 am »

You are right, "until end of turn" or "this turn" effects have an incorrect duration in the online client, the same cost reduction for example from Bridge also lasts until your actual next turn ends.

In reality, from my understanding, between turns is nobody's turn, so "until end of turn"/"this turn" is undefined, because there is no turn going on. So like all undefined things, the thing it refers to doesn't happen, so no cost reduction comes of this Inventor (so if you trash 2 Catacombs and do the mentioned sequence twice, the second Inventor will see the same costs of cards as the first one).

Inheritance (under its  new October 2019 wording) only works "on your turn", so Estates are never Actions between turns.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.