Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Online old games  (Read 1392 times)

BBobb

• Moneylender
  • My brother says thief is amazing.
  • Respect: +138
    • View Profile
Online old games
« on: November 16, 2020, 03:13:21 pm »

Is there any way that you can find the logs for previous games for Dominion Online?

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
Re: Online old games
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 10:56:41 pm »
+1

Is there any way that you can find the logs for previous games for Dominion Online?

Yeah. It's alittle clunky, but you can get them, if you have the game #.  At the beginning of every game log it says "Joining game #59827576 on frankfurt."

If you want the log you need this #, sometimes I just screenshot a page if i think I may want to revisit the game or play the deck again etc.  You also can just copy and paste the chatlog after you've played a set of games to have a list of #'s, but it would be hard to remember what the deck was so I usually just screenshot.

To get back to that game

when you are on the  "new game" page click on "load old game"

Then enter the # from above

Now on the page it goes to you will see it set up to go back to that game if someone was to challenge you, or u could add bots etc and play the game.

On the bottom left side under that game # it says Decision 215 (or how ever many moves you were into that game, that's just how many this game was in.)  If you just want to replay the kingdom from here/practice this deck again, you can just reset the 215 to 0.  If you want a log of the game you can just change it to 214 and see the log in the chat box on the right.  If when you do this the game immediately ends it just means that you need to change the order of the players from you to the bot (since the bot will finish the game if he is the playing player at 214.  To avoid this entirely and if you don't need every move in the last move say, you can just set the # back like 15 moves and put in 200 instead of the 214 from above, which should be enough unless it was a super mega engine game.

There used to be a cool tool called "dominion scavenger" that would allow you just to scrape the database without the game #, but it's been dead for a bit.  Not sure if anyone has plans to Necromancer the Scavenger or not.

RIP http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger/?user=honkeyfresh

« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 11:11:15 pm by Honkeyfresh »
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.