Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Should I sleeve my cards after having used them for a while?  (Read 1261 times)

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
Should I sleeve my cards after having used them for a while?
« on: November 05, 2020, 01:00:34 pm »

I got my first couple boxes of Dominion a few years ago now, and over the last few years worked up to the eight I have now and I have my eye on the remaining few. My older sets (especially base cards) are rather noticeably more used than my newer sets. Recently I've been liking the idea of sleeving my games. Should I bother going back and sleeving all my Dominion cards even though some of my cards are starting to be visibly aged?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Should I sleeve my cards after having used them for a while?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 01:57:53 pm »
+2

I got my first couple boxes of Dominion a few years ago now, and over the last few years worked up to the eight I have now and I have my eye on the remaining few. My older sets (especially base cards) are rather noticeably more used than my newer sets. Recently I've been liking the idea of sleeving my games. Should I bother going back and sleeving all my Dominion cards even though some of my cards are starting to be visibly aged?

You may be able to find Euro-sized sleeves with opaque backs somewhere. Then it wouldn't matter if some of your cards have noticeable wear.

If it's mostly just your base cards (Copper, Estate, Curse, Province, etc.) that have noticeable wear, you could get a set of Base Cards. If you have the first edition of the base game and all of its cards are looking old, you could get the second edition, which comes with an (admittedly super thin) trash mat, better card wordings, and larger font sizes on cards. If you do any of this, I guess it's up to you whether you want to invest in sleeves. I did (I use penny sleeves) and have no regrets so far.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
Re: Should I sleeve my cards after having used them for a while?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 06:33:46 pm »
+1

I would do it, yes. It'll stop things from getting worse, and if it really bothers you down the line you can replace the most heavily worn sets for fairly cheap. Maybe you had first edition Base and can use this opportunity to upgrade to 2nd. You can replace the Base Cards for fairly cheap as well.

I initially tried Mayday's Euro Black sleeves to cover up the card backs - the quality just isn't there, though. I switched to Fantasy Flight premium sleeves and have ad a noticeably better experience with them - more than enough to make up for the clear back.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.