Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Questions about Ways  (Read 833 times)

CaptainTheo

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
Questions about Ways
« on: October 25, 2020, 05:49:21 pm »
+2

Good morning,

I had three questions ask about Ways:

1. If I play Crossroads as a Way, does this count as the first time I've played Crossroads this turn?
2. If I play an Attack card as a Way, does it count as an attack for the purposes of activating an Urchin, or other players being able to react?
3. If I play a card as Way of the Mouse, does it count as two actions played for the purposes of activating Conspirator?

I understand that for questions 1 and 2, the answer is yes if I instead play Crossroads or an Attack Card when under the effects of Enchantress (because I still technically played the card) and wondered if it were also true for playing one of these cards as a Way. And for #3 I wondered if it counts as an extra action because Way of the Mouse tells you to play a card, like an Emulator does.

My guess is that the answer is 'yes' for all three, but I'd like to confirm.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Ways
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 06:50:28 pm »
+4

It is “yes” for all 3. With Crossroads and attacks, you did still play the Crossroads/attack card. You just followed different instructions when playing it.

Way of the Mouse tells you to play another card, so it is just like how Vassal tells you to play another card. You played both the original card and the Mouse card.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:09:36 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Ways
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 05:59:56 am »
+1

Especially for question 2, it pays to remember that the decision if to use a Way on a given Action card playing happens after all the "first" effects for it have happened, like opponents revealing a Moat, or Urchin triggering or the Adventure tokens doing their effect.

If you know this, the answer to question 2 becomes blindingly obvious, because the Urchin effect needs to have already happened before even the time comes to decide if you want to use a Way.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.