Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Way of the Chameleon Instructions  (Read 1216 times)

cookiedrugs

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Way of the Chameleon Instructions
« on: October 01, 2020, 09:22:05 am »
+1

Consider following game situations:

(a) Play Chapel with Way of the Chameleon, trash Rats, get +1 Card or +1$
(b) Play Rats with Way of the Chameleon, get +1$. Later buy Bonfire, trash this Rats, get +1 Card or +1$
(c) Play Priest with Way of the Chameleon, get +2 Cards. Later play Chapel, trash Copper, get +2$ or +2 Cards from Priest

Which +Card, +$ will be triggered by Way of the Chameleon?
(i) All instructions on the chameleoned card (triggers (b) and (c), so +1 Card, +1$, +2 Cards)
(ii) Only instructions on the chameleoned card above the line (triggers only (c), so +1 Card, +1 Card, +2 Cards)
(iii) All +Card, +$ produced by the chameleoned card during following the instructions of this card (triggers only (a), so +1$, +1 Card, +2$)
(iv) ?

I assume (ii), hence:
(a) +1 Card, (b) +1 Card, (c) +2 Cards
Is it right?

If (ii) is right, are there another abilities triggered by Way of the Chameleon after following the instructions of the chameleoned card besides Priest? I didn't find anything.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:28:14 am by cookiedrugs »

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: Way of the Chameleon Instructions
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 09:35:52 am »
+6

Consider following game situations:

(a) Play Chapel with Way of the Chameleon, trash Rats, get +1 Card or +1$
(b) Play Rats with Way of the Chameleon, get +1$. Later buy Bonfire, trash this Rats, get +1 Card or +1$
(c) Play Priest with Way of the Chameleon, get +2 Cards. Later play Chapel, trash Copper, get +2$ or +2 Cards from Priest

(a): +1 Card.
(b): +1 Card.
(c): +2 Cards.

Which +Card, +$ will be triggered by Way of the Chameleon?
(i) All instructions on the chameleoned card (triggers (b) and (c))
(ii) Only instructions on the chameleoned card above the line (triggers only (c))
(iii) All +Card, +$ produced by the chameleoned card during following the instructions of this card (triggers only (a))
(iv) ?

The answer is a slight variation on (ii), it will effect only those instructions on the chameleoned card above the line (more precisely: the on-play instructions), that happen during this turn.

So playing Merchant Ship using Way of the Chameleon will give you +2 Cards this turn but +$2 on your next turn, and the other way around for Wharf.

If (ii) is right, are there another abilities triggered by Way of the Chameleon after following the instructions of the chameleoned card besides Priest? I didn't find anything.

Merchant comes to mind, though this likely not often useful.

cookiedrugs

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: Way of the Chameleon Instructions
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 10:00:33 am »

(a): +1 Card.
(b): +1 Card.
(c): +2 Cards.
Thank you!

The answer is a slight variation on (ii), it will effect only those instructions on the chameleoned card above the line (more precisely: the on-play instructions), that happen during this turn.
You are right. I forgot to mention the turn restriction.

Merchant comes to mind, though this likely not often useful.
Ah yes, I never keep the new base and intrigue cards in mind.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.