Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A wild idea: a pure Duration card!  (Read 1960 times)

Jonatan Djurachkovitch

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jonis20004
  • Respect: +95
    • View Profile
A wild idea: a pure Duration card!
« on: September 18, 2020, 04:06:53 pm »
+1

Here's a card I came up with, which I guess isn't technically a Duration. Maybe if I put it in play instead of setting aside? That's functionally the same.
Anyway, here it is:
$2 - Duration
When you gain this, set it aside. Then pay any amount of $ to put that many coin tokens on this card. At the start of each of your turns, remove one coin token from this for +$1. If there are no coin tokens here at the start of clean-up, trash this.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 04:15:34 pm by Jonatan Djurachkovitch »

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1424
    • View Profile
Re: A wild idea: a pure Duration card!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 04:26:47 pm »
+1

I think that you could implement this as Event to save 10 card slots.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 04:45:01 pm »

Yeah, this is an event.  I think it can possibly be 1$ and is pretty cool.

gambit05

• Minion
  • Respect: +495
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 05:05:12 pm »
+1

Here's a card I came up with, which I guess isn't technically a Duration. Maybe if I put it in play instead of setting aside? That's functionally the same.
Anyway, here it is:
$2 - Duration
When you gain this, set it aside. Then pay any amount of $ to put that many coin tokens on this card. At the start of each of your turns, remove one coin token from this for +$1. If there are no coin tokens here at the start of clean-up, trash this.

Could be a project with overpaying function:
When you buy this, you may overpay for it. For each $1 you overpaid, put 1 coin token on it. At the start of your turns, you may move one of the tokens to your Coffers mat. When there are no coin tokens left, you may overpay again when you buy a Victory card (or something like that).

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 05:31:55 pm »

Anyway, here it is:
$2 - Duration

Could be a project with overpaying function:
When you buy this, you may overpay for it. For each $1 you overpaid, put 1 coin token on it. At the start of your turns, you may move one of the tokens to your Coffers mat. When there are no coin tokens left, you may overpay again when you buy a Victory card (or something like that).

Although it's a hit to the power level; it would be a lot cleaner if the refresh criteria were used for the initial load as well.... Simply "when you buy a victory card, you may overpay for it..."
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 06:18:45 pm »

a project is once per game, which is a different design but neither worse nor better.  Maybe nonstrictly better.  As a project it doesn't seem too crazy for it to cost 0$ and be a question of when rather than if.

Jonatan Djurachkovitch

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jonis20004
  • Respect: +95
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 02:07:11 am »
+1

I wanted it to interact with gainers, but in the current version that seems rather pointless. I also wanted them to be able to be amassed. What about this?
$3 - Duration
When you gain this, set it aside. Then pay any amount of $ to put that many coin tokens on this. At the start of each of your buy phases, remove one coin token for +$2. If there are no coin tokens here at the start of clean, up, trash this.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 02:29:50 pm »
+1

Er, that doesn't interact with gainers so much as it interacts with nonterminal virtual $ -> gainers or Storyteller -> gainers.  Because being offered an opportunity to pay doesn't implicitly let you play treasures.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 04:50:27 pm »

a project is once per game, which is a different design but neither worse nor better.  Maybe nonstrictly better.  As a project it doesn't seem too crazy for it to cost 0$ and be a question of when rather than if.

You can make a Project usable multiple times per game by having it remove the cube when it's done.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 08:26:50 pm »

You can make a Project usable multiple times per game by having it remove the cube when it's done.

Yeah, even though this hasn't been done before, I think it's easy enough to implement it this way. Modifying a suggestion from earlier in this thread, you could make the Project wording like this (I also prefer a new method of tracking--I don't like the coin tokens on the project because that seems weird to track for each player):

"When you buy this, you may overpay for it. For each $1 you overpaid, put 1 coin token below your coffers mat. At the start of your turn, move one of those tokens onto your Coffers mat. When there are no coin tokens left below your coffers mat, remove your Project cube from this Project."

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 01:17:28 pm »

Ah, that's cool
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.