Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Game Over! Skum Wins!  (Read 120010 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 2 Has Begun!
« Reply #575 on: October 08, 2020, 10:14:23 am »

Actually, you know what?

vote: faust

Call it OMGUS if you want, but I don't buy town!faust doubling down on this ridiculous non-case. He's smarter than that. So the scum!faust narrative is the only one that works for me. The chairs wagon is stalled out anyway.

I call it OMGUS

I'm back to scumreading glooble. On a reread most of his content is either defending himself or saying that the people voting for him are scum. Eevee mentioned townreading glooble because he's been more vocal than other players, but he's also had a lot of pressure on him, and I think he reads like scum working hard to try and get out from under that pressure

vote: glooble
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 08, 2020, 10:52:41 am »

It never looked like Glooble didn't want to be under pressure though, even if at times he's seemed frustrated of it. He's been almost Mixian with the certainty of his statements!

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #577 on: October 08, 2020, 11:30:10 am »

That L-2 or L-1?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #578 on: October 08, 2020, 11:30:32 am »

Dylan unvoted me, so I think its L2.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 08, 2020, 11:58:32 am »

I am still satisfied with a Glooble exile.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #580 on: October 08, 2020, 11:59:39 am »

I think he reads like scum working hard to try and get out from under that pressure

lol this is not how I get out from under pressure as scum.

This is pissed off town Glooble who wishes his teammate's wouldn't get rolled so easily by the scum setting him up.

Trust me, scum Glooble cares a lot more about being nice.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #581 on: October 08, 2020, 12:01:25 pm »

I am still satisfied with a Glooble exile.

Cool, have fun with that. Just exile faust after I flip, ok? Or ADK. It's 100% one of them. The only reason it wouldn't be both of them is I'm not sure they'd both be on me right now. But honestly this whole "scum tries not to be on the same wagons" thinking has become so orthodox that if scum did decide to all pile onto the same town exile it would probably go swimmingly for them.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #582 on: October 08, 2020, 12:01:56 pm »

No sense in dragging this out.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #583 on: October 08, 2020, 12:02:16 pm »

Actually that's dumb.

vote: faust

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #584 on: October 08, 2020, 12:04:23 pm »

But the only reason I'm not self-voting right now is because it robs the town of information. I might self-hammer out of pure spite. Not ruling that out, that's where I am right now.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #585 on: October 08, 2020, 12:06:49 pm »

I should probably not do that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #586 on: October 08, 2020, 12:07:16 pm »

Didds and Galz have been quiet.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #587 on: October 08, 2020, 12:20:06 pm »

I would like to hear from the following people about faust's case on me:

Didds
Galz
chairs

I would like faust to actually refute any of my points instead of just accusing me of strawmanning him.

Seriously, look at the way faust is arguing with me. Like, somebody who has played with faust tell me that town faust argues like that.

He/ Him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 08, 2020, 12:51:17 pm »

No sense in dragging this out.
Oh well there we go.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 08, 2020, 12:52:39 pm »

I would like faust to actually refute any of my points instead of just accusing me of strawmanning him.
I don't know what I'm supposed to refute. I think scum would jump on a town wagon with only town on it. You seemingly don't. There's not much more to say. Or did you refute anything else and I didn't see it?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #590 on: October 08, 2020, 12:58:23 pm »

I don't know what I'm supposed to refute. I think scum would jump on a town wagon with only town on it. You seemingly don't. There's not much more to say. Or did you refute anything else and I didn't see it?

You keep moving the goalposts, faust! Every time I think I understand your argument, I try to summarize it and you tell me I'm strawmanning.  Here is what I am saying: There are lots of reasons Joseph's wagon would have been more appealing to scum than my wagon. First, there's the fact that Dylan had an actual case on him, and a pretty darn solid one for day 1. Second, there's the fact that at least two players had recently expressed townreads on me, so if either of those players were scum, they probably wouldn't have wanted to move, because it would have looked suspicious. Finally, there's the simple fact that just following the IC from one wagon to another looks suspicious, especially if you've been a relatively inactive player so far. All of those are reasons your theory sucks and I haven't seen you actually address any of them.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 08, 2020, 01:34:13 pm »

Didds
Galz
chairs

Seriously, look at the way faust is arguing with me. Like, somebody who has played with faust tell me that town faust argues like that.
In my last game with faust I felt exactly like you are describing now. We were both town. I don't know how to understand what's going on, either.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 08, 2020, 01:37:45 pm »

You keep moving the goalposts, faust! Every time I think I understand your argument, I try to summarize it and you tell me I'm strawmanning.  Here is what I am saying: There are lots of reasons Joseph's wagon would have been more appealing to scum than my wagon. First, there's the fact that Dylan had an actual case on him, and a pretty darn solid one for day 1. Second, there's the fact that at least two players had recently expressed townreads on me, so if either of those players were scum, they probably wouldn't have wanted to move, because it would have looked suspicious. Finally, there's the simple fact that just following the IC from one wagon to another looks suspicious, especially if you've been a relatively inactive player so far. All of those are reasons your theory sucks and I haven't seen you actually address any of them.
This all seems to be based on a theory that all the scum were on either Joseph or you, which is not true. There are a number of players who could have moved from not!Joseph to you, and I highly doubt that all the scums were on Joseph. So if your whole reasoning is that scum wouldn't move from Joseph to you, then that doesn't really matter that much. I would also debate that supporting a wagon with a "solid case" is all that good for scum; the quality of the case doesn't matter all that much once a player flips town.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 08, 2020, 01:41:27 pm »

Who would have moved? chairs and Didds were positioned as townreading Glooble. I had voted ADK, which also indicates opposition to the Glooble wagon. MiX and Joseph were town.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 08, 2020, 01:46:21 pm »

Didds
Galz
chairs

I feel like you all are often talking at cross purposes. He seems to latterly be basing his arguments on weaknesses in your arguments, but that’s not actually an argument as much as a refutation. I don’t know that it makes either of you scummy, or even that is means that you’re on opposing teams.

You seem super frustrated, which I completely understand. You’re willingness to vote for yourself would be more towny if there wasn’t daychat.

I think it’s way more interesting how low Eevee is laying while all of this goes down.

PPE: EFHW hi
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 08, 2020, 03:39:50 pm »

Wow this is a Day huh.

I will go back after dinner to find Faust's argument and discuss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 08, 2020, 04:31:48 pm »

Vote Count 2.4:

Glooble (3): faust, Robz888, ADK
Eevee (2): EFHW, WCD
chairs (1): Eevee
Galzria (1): chairs
faust (1): Glooble

Not Voting (3): Dylan Galz, Space,

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends on October 9th at 6:15PM Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 08, 2020, 04:33:46 pm »

Who would have moved? chairs and Didds were positioned as townreading Glooble. I had voted ADK, which also indicates opposition to the Glooble wagon. MiX and Joseph were town.
Didds was positioned against both wagons and could have easily jumped one for consolidation. I don't see how voting for ADK indicates opposition to a Glooble exile. chairs yeah came out but he was voting Glooble before that, so it's not like he's worried about changing his mind.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 08, 2020, 06:16:36 pm »

@faust, how common is it for you to make this type of "one scum in x" argument based on a wagon? I know it's a very Space thing to do, and I recall a particular game a few years back where scum!you and scum!Haddock basically succeeded in turning town against an even stronger version of the same argument that I was making to say that at least one of you was scum because otherwise there was a five-towns-on-town wagon.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 08, 2020, 06:18:32 pm »

I guess it's useless to prod Galz, if we're assuming he's run off with the mod?

I think I'd be interested in hearing his thoughts on the faust-Glooble interaction here.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.