Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Game Over! Skum Wins!  (Read 120068 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 1!!!!
« Reply #400 on: September 30, 2020, 11:15:33 am »

As a town player, I have never jumped on another player for agreeing with me. Especially early in the game when the goal is just to generate a few wagons that can be analyzed later.

Idk, I'm going to wait until ADK builds an actual case on me to try and defend myself more. I stayed up too late watching the dumpster fire and my brain is kinda scrambled.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2020, 11:17:46 am »

As a town player, I have never jumped on another player for agreeing with me. Especially early in the game when the goal is just to generate a few wagons that can be analyzed later.

Idk, I'm going to wait until ADK builds an actual case on me to try and defend myself more. I stayed up too late watching the dumpster fire and my brain is kinda scrambled.

Well, you're not ADK.

His latest posts come from town!Glooble, all alone in the world and against everyone. I can't see him having any partners.
Which posts? How do his posts indicate that he doesn't have partners?

This is hard to explain, I'll get back to you.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2020, 11:18:38 am »

Hmm, I don't know, I get suspicious every time someone sheeps me! All those pesky scums wanting to abuse my bad reads for their own benefit!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2020, 11:22:43 am »

I’ve always got an eyes on you, Eevee...the cute, fluffy saboteur!

I am feeling pressure to consolidate (although maybe I am doing that to myself) but feel like both Joseph and Glooble are town friends.

EFHW is the best choice, but there’s what, three votes there, maybe? No one seems interested in Galz (who is more lurky to me than chairs). 

I’ll wait to see what ADK has to say, I guess. These are uninspiring choices... I guess exiling a VT isn’t the worst option, but it would be more awesome to exile scum, you know?

PPE: 4
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2020, 12:01:52 pm »

Am I really lurking that much? Man, sorry. It doesn't feel like it on my end.

I think this it Town gloobs

I think the ADK argument from gloobs makes a lot of sense.

Vote: adk

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 30, 2020, 12:30:38 pm »

I’ve always got an eyes on you, Eevee...the cute, fluffy saboteur!

I am feeling pressure to consolidate (although maybe I am doing that to myself) but feel like both Joseph and Glooble are town friends.

EFHW is the best choice, but there’s what, three votes there, maybe? No one seems interested in Galz (who is more lurky to me than chairs). 

I’ll wait to see what ADK has to say, I guess. These are uninspiring choices... I guess exiling a VT isn’t the worst option, but it would be more awesome to exile scum, you know?

PPE: 4

You should go back and re-read then. I have more game posts than Chairs, and only 4 fewer game posts than you do. And I would argue that 2/3 of my game posts (past the RVS stages) have had game-substance to them. And that's coming from me, who doesn't do D1 particularly well in general. I would very much NOT classify my play this game as being "lurky" in any fashion.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2020, 12:45:25 pm »

The first time I was an IC, on Jimmmm's site, I played it more or less how Robz is playing it. A more experienced player, I wish I could remember who, it may even have been ADK, might also have been shraeye or Galz, advised me to not vote until the very end of wagons as IC, because my vote on a bad wagon gave scum too much cover if they got on after me. In subsequent games where I've gotten the IC role, I've tended to avoid starting a wagon unless I was fairly certain about it.

The fact that my wagon started with a vote from Robz but has been pushed by ADK is telling. It gives ADK cover for when I flip town. "Oh, well I didn't start it, it was the IC, I just followed along." Again, look at the votes. ADK votes for MiX, gives their reasons. I say "those reasons make sense." Robz tells people not to fall into the trap of voting for MiX, then votes for me. Even if Robz didn't outright say "voting for MiX is scummy" the fact that he immediately voted for me implied it. Then ADK jumps on me. Even though I was literally sheeping their case. I just don't see a town narrative for that behavior at all. But it makes perfect sense to me as a deflection tactic from a scum player when the IC calls their case scummy.

This is a good point. Something to consider if Glooble flips town.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2020, 01:27:17 pm »

Deadline is in less than 10 hours?

If it's looking like a noexile, I think we should all go for whoever Robz tells us to go for. Any random exile > no exile in my opinion, and Robz is a good instinctual player to boot, he can do better than random (if anyone can). I'll be up for at least 5 hours still, but will be sleeping at the deadline, so unless there's a majority before that, I'll be switching my vote to whoever Robz is voting for then. (Robz feel free to direct me if it comes to that!)

Obvs would prefer an organic exile. I'll be present on and off for the following hours, people should consider consolidating votes!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2020, 01:36:10 pm »

Deadline is in less than 10 hours?

If it's looking like a noexile, I think we should all go for whoever Robz tells us to go for. Any random exile > no exile in my opinion, and Robz is a good instinctual player to boot, he can do better than random (if anyone can). I'll be up for at least 5 hours still, but will be sleeping at the deadline, so unless there's a majority before that, I'll be switching my vote to whoever Robz is voting for then. (Robz feel free to direct me if it comes to that!)

Obvs would prefer an organic exile. I'll be present on and off for the following hours, people should consider consolidating votes!

Yes.

If Robz is around in deadline, then yes, but even then we can usually gather people around for an exile, so we shouldn't need to follow the IC.

You still prefer Joseph, right?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 30, 2020, 01:41:44 pm »

Yeah, prefer Joseph. I seriously doubt we can do better day 1!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 30, 2020, 02:20:17 pm »

I don't think I can make the full case on glooble that I want to while phone posting, which sucks. For now I just want to point out that he continues to mischaracterize my original reason for voting him as being solely due to him following me on mix and to sheep the IC when I've already explained my thought process

I will be on and on a computer for the two hours leading up to deadline
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 30, 2020, 02:54:34 pm »

Mhf, I've gotta go to bed soonish, if you want to convince me you have like an hour.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 30, 2020, 02:55:53 pm »

Vote Count 1.6:

Joseph (4): Galzria, Dylan, Eevee, Glooble,
Glooble (4): ADK, Space, faust, Robz888
EFHW (3): Joseph, MiX, WCD
ADK (2): EFHW, chairs

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends on September 30th at 10pm Forum Time. That is TODAY! Roughly 7 hours from the time of this post!

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 30, 2020, 03:19:38 pm »

Mhf, I've gotta go to bed soonish, if you want to convince me you have like an hour.
I have about 3-4 hours, as deadline is 3am for me
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 30, 2020, 03:20:47 pm »

Not particularly keen on the Glooble wagon
But if Robz says that's the one to go for, I will
I'm sure his reads are probably better than mine anyway
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 30, 2020, 03:25:16 pm »

It's noteworthy that the primary defense of Joseph hasn't really come from Joseph. This wouldn't be the first time since I came back last year that I caught scum!Joseph on a narrative like this D1 if I'm right (inb4 Joseph "you aren't"). I have a lot to do today, so I probably won't be on much throughout the day, but I should be able to be around to move if needed for an exile later. As it is, I believe I've caught scum, so I'm not moving until I have to.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 30, 2020, 03:30:17 pm »

Here’s where I’m at:

I think Glooble is Town. He’s read incredibly genuine to me, and I don’t want to see him exiled or even forced to claim today.

I think Joseph has the hands down best case for being scum. I’m happy with my vote there, and would ideally very much prefer him.

My second scum read, however, is a gut read, and it’s Eevee. I don’t really want to make any sort of end of day push towards him, but his being on Joseph is the only thing giving me pause on my vote.  It also makes me concerned that Joseph/Glooble are both Town, and we don’t have a GOOD alternative (we could make anyone happen if we wanted, but few are actually good).

So... yeah. Open to suggestions.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 30, 2020, 04:20:56 pm »

Well, that feels like a scummy thing to say if you ask me!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 30, 2020, 04:34:19 pm »

Well, that feels like a scummy thing to say if you ask me!

What does? What Galz just said? Or something else?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 30, 2020, 04:36:44 pm »

What Galz just said.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 30, 2020, 05:21:35 pm »

I will move to Jospeh if that’s the only way to get an exile, but I far prefer EFHW.

I’m making my kid’s birthday cake and stuff for the next few hours but I’ll for sure be around later. (Cake!)
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 30, 2020, 05:42:38 pm »

Yes, and also for me and presumably MiX as well.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 30, 2020, 05:43:28 pm »

Yes, and also for me and presumably MiX as well.

Can confirm.

I'm comfortable where I am right now. Space, who are you voting for?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 30, 2020, 05:49:59 pm »

I think the Glooble wagon is going to be interesting for PoE later after a few people have flipped, but I'm not really feeling that vote any more.

Vote: Joseph

Pretty sure I've given Joseph the benefit of the doubt before in justifying something he'd done that would have been a mistake as town as just careless play, only to have had it turn out that he was scum, so maybe I should learn to put less of a "careless town" prior on him sometime. At the very least, it's a vote against people retconning their narratives about voting reasoning.

PPE 2.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 30, 2020, 05:53:04 pm »

Space, who are you voting for?

Was on Glooble, now on Joseph.

I think the people paging out soonish because of European timezones are faust, you, me, Joseph and Eevee, though TBH I'm not sure where Eevee is these days. Currently Eevee and I are on Joseph, you and Joseph are on EFHW, and faust is on Glooble, which is a bit fragmented, but my move hasn't made it any worse.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.