Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Game Over! Skum Wins!  (Read 120089 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 1!!!!
« Reply #300 on: September 29, 2020, 09:07:31 am »

*they were being inconsistent. Sorry ADK.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 29, 2020, 09:22:54 am »

What’s the argument on Jospeh?

I'm voting Joseph because of the evolution of his "reads" - voting for EFHW for "RVS", that turns into 'leaving his vote there for real reasons' - those 'reasons' being a purchase into the belief that 3 consecutive people expressing town reads on ADK could not themselves all be town, and EFHW (for unexplained reasons) is the scummiest of those 3 people - sorry, 2 people, as Joseph himself was one of the 3 (and thus would not consider himself). The other player, Glooble, has a few votes himself with plenty of conversation happening around him, yet Joseph has been completely silent on that topic. Seems to me that if Joseph genuinely believed that there were scum amongst {EFHW, Glooble}, he would be more interested in considering the arguments surrounding both players in that pair.

Glooble wasn't the 3rd in that sequence of ADK townreads. Glooble was voting for ADK, then EFHW townread, I agreed, then Joseph agreed.

Yes this is why I wasn't on Glooble
And as for Dylan, they've not made many posts for me to analyse right now

Although this post seems more towny than EFHW's vote for anyone post

PPE: 1

Wait, if that's why you weren't on glooble, but at the time (and I didn't realize this had happened until Galz quoted it):

Three people in a row saying I'm townie is noteworthy. I'm going to guess that there's exactly one scum on that group
Well if you're right, then that means there's one scum in {EFHW, Glooble}. And I don't think it was 3 town saying it (although the laziest person was me, for just agreeing, I'm ignoring myself as I'm town)

So I kind of like where my vote is

You also mistakenly thought it was EFHW/Glooble as the other two in that group, and in fact is probably where Galz got those names from, which means that while Galz's logic was based on falsehood, it was a shared wrong assumption that the two of you made. But you just acted like the thing that you first and then Galz messed up was something you knew was wrong all along in order to explain your actions. I can't say this in strong enough terms:

Vote: Joseph

This would be a stronger argument if joseph had been voting for glooble, but the fact that he was voting for EFHW makes it plausible that he mixed up who the other person was
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 29, 2020, 09:28:48 am »

I’m still playing catch up a bit....but my quick takes are that it’s odd to me that Jospeh isn’t doing more in terms of defense. I get that this is priority 100, but X-2.....

EFHW and MiX are playing their own game. It’s not distracting, necessarily, but it’s not engaging with much beyond one another so it’s generating posts without much relevant content. It’s maybe too laid back for one to be scum because they aren’t trying to convince anyone else, but still.

Dylan has made the best argument so far in regard to Joseph. Earlier faust grumbled about wanting to keep reasons close to the vest. Fair enough, since that takes away the topoi for defense but also hard to rally around.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 29, 2020, 09:36:18 am »

I don't think Joseph is scum. If I had to call it, I'd say the scumteam's EFHW/Glooble/Galzria, and these are whom I would like to exile today.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 29, 2020, 09:39:32 am »

I appreciate Dylan's effort, but Joseph's mixup seems fairly innocent.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 29, 2020, 09:40:29 am »

I’m still playing catch up a bit....but my quick takes are that it’s odd to me that Jospeh isn’t doing more in terms of defense. I get that this is priority 100, but X-2.....

EFHW and MiX are playing their own game. It’s not distracting, necessarily, but it’s not engaging with much beyond one another so it’s generating posts without much relevant content. It’s maybe too laid back for one to be scum because they aren’t trying to convince anyone else, but still.

Dylan has made the best argument so far in regard to Joseph. Earlier faust grumbled about wanting to keep reasons close to the vest. Fair enough, since that takes away the topoi for defense but also hard to rally around.

This is a pretty nothing post, actually. Scummy!

Vote: WestCoastDidds
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 29, 2020, 09:43:33 am »

Vote: Robz

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2020, 09:53:18 am »

It's also scummy because several people, me, Robz, MiX and ADK, have spoken up against the Joseph theory but she doesn't acknowledge that. And I have interacted with ADK, Galzria and Glooble in addition to MiX.

vote: Didds

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 29, 2020, 10:01:45 am »

Vote: didds

Yeah that's a big ol nothing burger.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 29, 2020, 10:08:31 am »

That post says Didds is town, not scum.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 29, 2020, 10:25:02 am »

Oh, friends... come on. There is nothing about that post that says "here is my well thought out contribution to all that is going on." I said it was impressions, and it is impressions.  Robz doesn't know me well (or maybe he does but just wishes I was a didds of substance...alas) so I can see why he would find it scummy.

But what is really interesting is the EFHW willingness to jump so quickly based on almost nothing other than noticing that she has been in the weeds with MiX. I didn't say that you had only interacted with MiX so saying that I failed to acknowledge the other people isn't compelling. I feel pretty sure that more having a discussion of the scumminess or not of a moon emoji is exactly the kind of thing you'd find suspect if you weren't the one doing it.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 29, 2020, 10:25:41 am »

That post says Didds is town, not scum.

Yeah, if I am scum I try to have something to say...

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 29, 2020, 11:29:19 am »

Oh, friends... come on. There is nothing about that post that says "here is my well thought out contribution to all that is going on." I said it was impressions, and it is impressions.  Robz doesn't know me well (or maybe he does but just wishes I was a didds of substance...alas) so I can see why he would find it scummy.

But what is really interesting is the EFHW willingness to jump so quickly based on almost nothing other than noticing that she has been in the weeds with MiX. I didn't say that you had only interacted with MiX so saying that I failed to acknowledge the other people isn't compelling. I feel pretty sure that more having a discussion of the scumminess or not of a moon emoji is exactly the kind of thing you'd find suspect if you weren't the one doing it.

Could be. But my main point was your joining the Joseph wagon and uncritically accepting Dylan's theory without acknowledging four different people arguing against it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 29, 2020, 11:40:46 am »

Could be. But my main point was your joining the Joseph wagon and uncritically accepting Dylan's theory without acknowledging four different people arguing against it.

Didds didn't vote Joseph.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #314 on: September 29, 2020, 11:52:35 am »

Three people in a row saying I'm townie is noteworthy. I'm going to guess that there's exactly one scum on that group
Well if you're right, then that means there's one scum in {EFHW, Glooble}. And I don't think it was 3 town saying it (although the laziest person was me, for just agreeing, I'm ignoring myself as I'm town)

I think there's more to unpack here. Joseph lists me as one of the players finding ADK townie while I am voting for ADK and honestly tunneling them pretty hard. It's a fundamental misreading of the game. Then Galz builds a case on Joseph based on this misreading without pointing it out (and in fact, further solidifying the false narrative.) It's a bizarre mistake for one player to make and an even more bizzare mistake for two players to make and no one to notice until several pages later. So the question we have to ask ourselves it is it more likely a town mistake, or a scum mistake? On the one hand, scum tend to scrutinize their arguments more before they present them, but on the other hand, a player who is genuinely trying to find scum, rather than trying to find a compelling narrative that ADK might be scum, is going to be more likely to actually be paying attention to the rest of what's going on, and therefore to know that I am finding ADK the opposite of townie at that point.

I think Joseph and Galz are both super suspicious.

X-1.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #315 on: September 29, 2020, 11:53:27 am »

Sorry, I meant to include the quote from Galz as well:

What’s the argument on Jospeh?

I'm voting Joseph because of the evolution of his "reads" - voting for EFHW for "RVS", that turns into 'leaving his vote there for real reasons' - those 'reasons' being a purchase into the belief that 3 consecutive people expressing town reads on ADK could not themselves all be town, and EFHW (for unexplained reasons) is the scummiest of those 3 people - sorry, 2 people, as Joseph himself was one of the 3 (and thus would not consider himself). The other player, Glooble, has a few votes himself with plenty of conversation happening around him, yet Joseph has been completely silent on that topic. Seems to me that if Joseph genuinely believed that there were scum amongst {EFHW, Glooble}, he would be more interested in considering the arguments surrounding both players in that pair.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 29, 2020, 11:56:51 am »

Dayvig: Glooble

Glooble stop being scum. Why would you put Joseph at X-1?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 29, 2020, 11:57:12 am »

I see that, sorry. But she did include 2 statements endorsing that wagon.

In any case,

unvote.

Distracted town fits better than scum.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 29, 2020, 11:58:51 am »

@ Glooble - You mention Joseph and Galz as super suspicious. Where do you stand on ADK now?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2020, 11:59:07 am »

I think there's more to unpack here. Joseph lists me as one of the players finding ADK townie while I am voting for ADK and honestly tunneling them pretty hard. It's a fundamental misreading of the game. Then Galz builds a case on Joseph based on this misreading without pointing it out (and in fact, further solidifying the false narrative.) It's a bizarre mistake for one player to make and an even more bizzare mistake for two players to make and no one to notice until several pages later. So the question we have to ask ourselves it is it more likely a town mistake, or a scum mistake? On the one hand, scum tend to scrutinize their arguments more before they present them, but on the other hand, a player who is genuinely trying to find scum, rather than trying to find a compelling narrative that ADK might be scum, is going to be more likely to actually be paying attention to the rest of what's going on, and therefore to know that I am finding ADK the opposite of townie at that point.

I think Joseph and Galz are both super suspicious.

X-1.

This argument is terrible, town does this way, way more than scum. Scum would know exactly who is pushing ADK regardless of Glooble and ADK's alignment.

Bolded line is exactly what scum does, present the conclusion of what the "evidence" says, because to them that's all that matters. Glooble sees what they wrote, and reaches the conclusion they should be shading Joseph and Galzria, so they point it out. Town doesn't need to do this, since the argumentation speaks for itself.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 29, 2020, 12:14:43 pm »

MiX is sus. Haven't found a body but someone hit emergency meeting button. Gut feel.

Vote: mix

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2020, 12:21:58 pm »

MiX is sus. Haven't found a body but someone hit emergency meeting button. Gut feel.

Vote: mix

So you went from someone I'm heavily defending to myself because...?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 29, 2020, 12:33:57 pm »

I see that, sorry. But she did include 2 statements endorsing that wagon.

In any case,

unvote.

Distracted town fits better than scum.

No worries. I wouldn't say that I am endorsing the Joseph wagon, either, although I have not been explicit (but it all made sense in my head). I do think Dylan has made the best argument, but I think that says more about Dylan than the argument. I think scum Joseph plays more defense and is likely to also add a dose of righteous indignation. I don't see either one of those here. He is laid back in a way that I don't think suits his scum self.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 29, 2020, 12:39:38 pm »

Hi and also my bedtime 🌙.

I felt like thinking about adding the emoji is a feeling scum have more than town on average, trying to make their posts better.
Obviously trying to get on the IC's good side!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 29, 2020, 12:42:05 pm »

Vote: chairs

Let's try something new!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 20 queries.