Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Game Over! Skum Wins!  (Read 120048 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 1!!!!
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2020, 07:04:41 pm »

What’s the argument on Jospeh?

I'm voting Joseph because of the evolution of his "reads" - voting for EFHW for "RVS", that turns into 'leaving his vote there for real reasons' - those 'reasons' being a purchase into the belief that 3 consecutive people expressing town reads on ADK could not themselves all be town, and EFHW (for unexplained reasons) is the scummiest of those 3 people - sorry, 2 people, as Joseph himself was one of the 3 (and thus would not consider himself). The other player, Glooble, has a few votes himself with plenty of conversation happening around him, yet Joseph has been completely silent on that topic. Seems to me that if Joseph genuinely believed that there were scum amongst {EFHW, Glooble}, he would be more interested in considering the arguments surrounding both players in that pair.

Glooble wasn't the 3rd in that sequence of ADK townreads. Glooble was voting for ADK, then EFHW townread, I agreed, then Joseph agreed.

Yes this is why I wasn't on Glooble
And as for Dylan, they've not made many posts for me to analyse right now

Although this post seems more towny than EFHW's vote for anyone post

PPE: 1
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2020, 08:15:12 pm »

Jospeh, why is it a bad idea? You have a better idea?

I imagine joseph has better ideas than exiling himself
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2020, 08:16:35 pm »

Phone posting for like the next four days.

Not feeling good about this ADK situation that occurred. Feeling worse about the Galz situation.

Didds and MiX getting D1 passes from me

What situation? That some people are town reading me or that some people are scum reading me?

The flurry of attention.

Do you think the amount of attention given to me today is indicative of my alignment? Do you think that it's indicative of anyone else's alignment?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2020, 08:49:45 pm »

Jospeh, why is it a bad idea? You have a better idea?

I imagine joseph has better ideas than exiling himself

Well, one would think but he's not really making any sweet arguments
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2020, 09:08:30 pm »

At this point, I could vote for anyone except myself and Robz. Also, Galz made a good point about Joseph, so maybe not him either.

I don't think this game is anywhere near voting-for-everyone kind of uselessness.

Vote: EFHW
Agree, way too early to start the whatever to get a lynch voting
Isn't deadline in two days?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 28, 2020, 09:20:22 pm »

Sorry, we have so many sets of 3s going,  I didn't notice Galzria's mistake. So a few less scum points for Joseph.

I think the recent votes on me are scummy. Why shouldn't I state that almost everyone is striking me as scummy enough for a day 1 vote?

Going with vote: MiX.  He would try hardest to exile me on Day 1 bc he sees me as most vulnerable then, which is probably true since I am more useful later on. The initial RVSing could have been a smokescreen enabling him to slide into a "real" scumread on me without having much of reason.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2020, 09:39:04 pm »

I see that I wasn't clear, and it sounded like I wanted to vote randomly.  That wasn't what I meant at all. I mean that I don't have town reads right now. Almost all the active people all have something that gives me pause and the people lying low are scummy for doing that.

And even if I had meant what it sounded like, that's more anti town than scummy and it makes no sense for me to say that as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 29, 2020, 01:06:18 am »

Going with vote: MiX.  He would try hardest to exile me on Day 1 bc he sees me as most vulnerable then, which is probably true since I am more useful later on. The initial RVSing could have been a smokescreen enabling him to slide into a "real" scumread on me without having much of reason.
Why would MiX see you as most vulnerable and others wouldn't?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 29, 2020, 01:12:27 am »

What’s the argument on Jospeh?

I'm voting Joseph because of the evolution of his "reads" - voting for EFHW for "RVS", that turns into 'leaving his vote there for real reasons' - those 'reasons' being a purchase into the belief that 3 consecutive people expressing town reads on ADK could not themselves all be town, and EFHW (for unexplained reasons) is the scummiest of those 3 people - sorry, 2 people, as Joseph himself was one of the 3 (and thus would not consider himself). The other player, Glooble, has a few votes himself with plenty of conversation happening around him, yet Joseph has been completely silent on that topic. Seems to me that if Joseph genuinely believed that there were scum amongst {EFHW, Glooble}, he would be more interested in considering the arguments surrounding both players in that pair.

Glooble wasn't the 3rd in that sequence of ADK townreads. Glooble was voting for ADK, then EFHW townread, I agreed, then Joseph agreed.

Yes this is why I wasn't on Glooble
And as for Dylan, they've not made many posts for me to analyse right now

Although this post seems more towny than EFHW's vote for anyone post

Wait, if that's why you weren't on glooble, but at the time (and I didn't realize this had happened until Galz quoted it):

Three people in a row saying I'm townie is noteworthy. I'm going to guess that there's exactly one scum on that group
Well if you're right, then that means there's one scum in {EFHW, Glooble}. And I don't think it was 3 town saying it (although the laziest person was me, for just agreeing, I'm ignoring myself as I'm town)

So I kind of like where my vote is

You also mistakenly thought it was EFHW/Glooble as the other two in that group, and in fact is probably where Galz got those names from, which means that while Galz's logic was based on falsehood, it was a shared wrong assumption that the two of you made. But you just acted like the thing that you first and then Galz messed up was something you knew was wrong all along in order to explain your actions. I can't say this in strong enough terms:

Vote: Joseph
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 29, 2020, 01:17:43 am »

It's late and I have a headache, so while it wasn't long, I'm going to tl;dr my last post for clarity on the salient point.

I pointed out that Galz messed up the group of people who townread ADK back to back to back in trying to read Joseph. Joseph said Glooble not really being in that group explained why he wasn't suspicious of Glooble, but Joseph was originally the first person to put Glooble in that group to begin with by mistake, so he literally was just caught in a lie regarding his motives behind his reads/actions.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 29, 2020, 03:56:52 am »

Ooh, that’s actually a pretty convincing argument from Dylan as far as d1 cases go. I can never read joseph, so i like that this is more about the actions than the man.

vote: joseph

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 29, 2020, 04:05:03 am »

Ooh, that’s actually a pretty convincing argument from Dylan as far as d1 cases go. I can never read joseph, so i like that this is more about the actions than the man.

I think Joseph uses they pronouns, so I would suggest not referring to them as a man.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2020, 04:48:02 am »

I think Joseph uses they pronouns, so I would suggest not referring to them as a man.
I don't care to be honest. I just use "they" as default for everyone so I don't have to think about it
He is perfectly fine for me

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2020, 04:49:00 am »

Sorry, we have so many sets of 3s going,  I didn't notice Galzria's mistake. So a few less scum points for Joseph.

I think the recent votes on me are scummy. Why shouldn't I state that almost everyone is striking me as scummy enough for a day 1 vote?

Well, this sure is a thing I said in our scumchat, yeah. It's precisely why I'm pushing you today. I still think you're scum, so clearly we should exile you now as it's the easiest time to exile scum.

This makes sense even if I'm town, so I don't understand the scumread.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 29, 2020, 04:50:20 am »

It's late and I have a headache, so while it wasn't long, I'm going to tl;dr my last post for clarity on the salient point.

I pointed out that Galz messed up the group of people who townread ADK back to back to back in trying to read Joseph. Joseph said Glooble not really being in that group explained why he wasn't suspicious of Glooble, but Joseph was originally the first person to put Glooble in that group to begin with by mistake, so he literally was just caught in a lie regarding his motives behind his reads/actions.
It was late and I made a mistake. Everything I said about Glooble and Dylan was what I thought, the fact I temporarily forgot which one of them was on the set of people- so what? Mistakes happen

I had about 100 things on yesterday, and this game really was priority 100

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 29, 2020, 05:12:46 am »

This I was not aware of, thanks and apologies to Joseph!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 29, 2020, 06:03:34 am »

Because in our last game we were partners and he said he thought I usually get exiled Day 1.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 29, 2020, 06:07:06 am »

Because in our last game we were partners and he said he thought I usually get exiled Day 1.

That was as scum, not just in general. In general you're unexilable, which leaks into being hard to exile when you're scum, but you're more vulnerable D1.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 29, 2020, 06:12:50 am »

Oh, I didn't know that as scum part. But you flipped from a friendly RVS tunnel to a real one based just on ADK's questionable comment the one of me, Dylan, Joseph is probably scum?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2020, 06:15:26 am »

Oh, I didn't know that as scum part. But you flipped from a friendly RVS tunnel to a real one based just on ADK's questionable comment the one of me, Dylan, Joseph is probably scum?

Three people in a row saying I'm townie is noteworthy. I'm going to guess that there's exactly one scum on that group

This is a good case, and I think you're the scum in this group. I also don't see a difference between this game and the one where we were buddies.

Not the best reason to vote, but it's better than the Galz wagon, and I think I just scumread Glooble every D1 now, I would have to read more into that to know if I should vote there. So, you're the best vote for now.

It wasn't just that, there's a bunch of things I saw from you that look like they come from scum. Unfortunately, I'm not thinking straight this game, so I don't know if it's what scum!you would do. I still think you're out of touch with what town would be thinking, and generally coming at things from a different perspective than the thread signifies having more information than the rest of us.

It's close to deadline, I'll try to reread this and one of your scum games (you have a lot of them!) and see if I'm right or wrong.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2020, 06:16:25 am »

Unfortunately for our scumhunting, it is a very Joseph thing to make a scumread and vote without thinking about it much.

PPE MiX

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 29, 2020, 06:27:01 am »

@MiX,  I think you should post all the other things that seemed scummy.

Your observation of my attitude towards town is correct.  But that's just how I am in general. Low key contrarian. Standing off a bit, especially early on. Not on purpose, and I could make up reasons, but I think it's an Ok approach. 

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 29, 2020, 06:43:34 am »

Hi and also my bedtime 🌙.

I felt like thinking about adding the emoji is a feeling scum have more than town on average, trying to make their posts better. Of course, it's also something I do when I'm sleepy.

Galz is hanging back more than I’d guess.

Galz has been a bit of a lurker in the past few games I've been in with him. He's not someone I expect to be very active D1

PPE of course he posts as I'm writing this

How did you decide to put pressure on MiX but defend Galz?

"How" and not "Why" felt odd with me. The question's a weird shade on ADK that still feels wrong to me, even after the explanation.

I get that.  But the day had hardly begun, and MiX was being encouraged to do his tunnel thing. But in any case, his voting me is starting to feel less like friendly RVS and more like something else.  Not sure what.

If it's not RVS, then it's...not RVS? What else can it be? I don't think I was hiding that my vote was due to reads at that moment.

Hey, heads up my computer crashed and I'm still fixing that (I mean "new OS" crashed, not "reboot" crashed). I literally haven't looked at my QT yet but I thought I'd note that I will be able to play.

I just realized - this is "pure chairs" since he didn't know his alignment.

Scum would've known their alignment, so pure = town.

Galzria, do you have any reads?

Galz has been quieter in games lately, and when he does post, it's 99% anti-Robz content. You can tell I'm not bitter at all!

Only the last game! Because you were buddying me! And you WERE scum!
That's a very good point. But why is everyone giving you a Day 1 participation pass?

I thought I would still have a grudge against faust, but I seem to be over it.

You don't have a grudge against faust since there was a full game between that and now. Also, people have been giving Galz a D1 participation pass for a while. And town!you would have something else to say about faust, I think.

This isn't about you, specifically,  it's about participation passes in general.  ADK and the IC are both defending your lower activity despite the fact that more activity is always better, with the exception of thread cluttering, of course

Not scummy, but I'd like to point out that Galz is a very viable misexile when people push him on activity. So, don't do it :P

That's it I think. A lot of weird pings coming off you, and that's what scum!EFHW does to me, typically anyway.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #298 on: September 29, 2020, 08:36:59 am »

That's E-2 for Joseph, by the way. I'm ready to vote there but I'd like to give Joseph a chance to defend themself. Dylan's argument seems more substantial than anything anyone else has on anyone else right now.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 29, 2020, 09:05:45 am »

Hi and also my bedtime 🌙.

I felt like thinking about adding the emoji is a feeling scum have more than town on average, trying to make their posts better. Of course, it's also something I do when I'm sleepy.

This is random. Anyway, the emoji popped up in my autocorrect, so it was random too, to me.

Galz is hanging back more than I’d guess.

Galz has been a bit of a lurker in the past few games I've been in with him. He's not someone I expect to be very active D1

PPE of course he posts as I'm writing this

How did you decide to put pressure on MiX but defend Galz?

"How" and not "Why" felt odd with me. The question's a weird shade on ADK that still feels wrong to me, even after the explanation.

I was putting some pressure on ADK because he was being inconsistent. "How" is less critical than "why" and was more what I was interested in. A minor distinction, to be sure.

I get that.  But the day had hardly begun, and MiX was being encouraged to do his tunnel thing. But in any case, his voting me is starting to feel less like friendly RVS and more like something else.  Not sure what.

If it's not RVS, then it's...not RVS? What else can it be? I don't think I was hiding that my vote was due to reads at that moment.

Like I said later, I thought you could be trying to create feeling of inevitability about my exile.

Hey, heads up my computer crashed and I'm still fixing that (I mean "new OS" crashed, not "reboot" crashed). I literally haven't looked at my QT yet but I thought I'd note that I will be able to play.

I just realized - this is "pure chairs" since he didn't know his alignment.

Scum would've known their alignment, so pure = town.

I don't get this. It's about chairs not knowing his alignment, not me not knowing it (though I don't).

Galzria, do you have any reads?

Galz has been quieter in games lately, and when he does post, it's 99% anti-Robz content. You can tell I'm not bitter at all!

Only the last game! Because you were buddying me! And you WERE scum!
That's a very good point. But why is everyone giving you a Day 1 participation pass?

I thought I would still have a grudge against faust, but I seem to be over it.

You don't have a grudge against faust since there was a full game between that and now. Also, people have been giving Galz a D1 participation pass for a while. And town!you would have something else to say about faust, I think.

How do you know why I do or don't have a grudge? I was TOWN in that game, btw, as was faust.

snipping last one since you didn't think it was scummy.

That's it I think. A lot of weird pings coming off you, and that's what scum!EFHW does to me, typically anyway.

At what point did you indicate your read had changed from RVS? I didn't know it until after I brought it up specifically.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 20 queries.