Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Game Over! Skum Wins!  (Read 120038 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 1!!!!
« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2020, 02:13:11 pm »

Space, your tracker (intentionally) missed Joseph voting for EFHW in #141, as the vote was formatted incorrectly (no space after colon). I’m not sure if MOD will count vote or not though.

Also, vote: Joseph

Why do you think Joseph is scum?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 27, 2020, 02:31:31 pm »

I reread ADK, absolutely don't want to lynch them. Feels they're making a lot of analysis, while I don't agree with all of the conclusions I think that kind of player is so useful to have around.

I'm reading through individual people, looking for someone to vote for.

chairs: Fairly lurky, but I really enjoyed the long reads post even if it was mostly fluff.

Joseph: I'd expect more visibility and participation from Joseph, but the posts he have made seem towny to me. Seems to be trying to figure out the game, asking things I was wondering about too.

EFHW: Ever so slight scum points for the early mention of being scum so often lately, just feel those jokes are more likely to come from scum.

Dylan and Space: Very few posts still (for understandable reasons), hard to say yet.

faust: Surprisingly lurky, but he's the kind of player I was describing when rereading ADK, I'm hesitant to lynch but would like more from.

I guess I'll vote: chairs

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2020, 02:49:45 pm »

Space, your tracker (intentionally) missed Joseph voting for EFHW in #141, as the vote was formatted incorrectly (no space after colon). I’m not sure if MOD will count vote or not though.

Why don't you?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2020, 02:50:42 pm »

Why don't you?

The fact that he noticed me sheeping people tells me he's trying to read the thread searching for who's scum. That's an excellent town tell for Joseph.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 27, 2020, 02:54:20 pm »

Fine
Vote: EFHW
To correct previous mistake
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2020, 03:20:30 pm »

Why don't you?

The fact that he noticed me sheeping people tells me he's trying to read the thread searching for who's scum. That's an excellent town tell for Joseph.

I think I agree with MiX about Joseph here, but I'm a little bit torn. My gut wants to say MiX noticing that and thinking like this is towny also, but MiX can be MiXian enough that I'm wondering what the odds are scuMiX planned to sheep people early and watch for/comment on whoever noticed. MiX, why are you the way that you are? lol
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2020, 03:25:12 pm »

Phone posting for like the next four days.

Not feeling good about this ADK situation that occurred. Feeling worse about the Galz situation.

Didds and MiX getting D1 passes from me

I don't think chairs ever answered someone's follow up about what Galz situation. Didds and MiX are the two people who had recently voted Galz, so you don't like what Galz had posted before that, or don't like the wagon but think the people on it are town?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 27, 2020, 03:42:55 pm »

I think I agree with MiX about Joseph here, but I'm a little bit torn. My gut wants to say MiX noticing that and thinking like this is towny also, but MiX can be MiXian enough that I'm wondering what the odds are scuMiX planned to sheep people early and watch for/comment on whoever noticed. MiX, why are you the way that you are? lol

Regardless, this would still make Joseph look town, right?

I wouldn't had planned to do something different from what I usually do just so I could townread people that see it, that would be something Didds would point to and say "hmm, this doesn't seem like town!MiX", which as we all know is a death sentence for me.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2020, 03:55:52 pm »

Seems like you're just sheeping anyone and everyone.....

You noticed!

I don't have a top scumread to tunnel on yet, so I'm just voting on my scumreads if there's wagons to follow.

Is it sheeping when two people RVS vote the same person?

Good that Joseph is paying attention, though. But his deciding his vote on me is good because I thought ADK was towny is definitely questionable.

I like my vote on glooble but classifying mix and joseph's votes as "RVS" when they're clearly not is pretty scummy

Aren't they? I mean, Joseph's isn't anymore, but his initial reason for voting me was that I draw scum unusually often lately. MiX has been voting me since the beginning of the game. His reason was the emoji in my first post.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2020, 03:56:42 pm »

That is most definitely not why I'm voting for you now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 27, 2020, 04:58:15 pm »

EFHW's question to ADK at #102 is a bit odd, now I think about it. ADK was clearly criticizing MiX for contributing a lot of words without a lot of analysis, whereas very few people (me, Robz, faust and Dylan) have contributed fewer words than Galz. And on that tangent, I think it's fine for Robz not to say much yet as the IC, and I'm trying to make amends now, even though I'm really not a good D1 player. I think Dylan's been ill, and faust just isn't that verbose, but maybe I should double-check how much he has actually said. Anyway, back on my original point, ADK pointed the distinction out to EFHW at #104.. was that ever followed up/acknowledged?

It's not a strange question if you think of it in terms of applying pressure. I felt like ADK was pressuring MiX, using what was available. But he was defending Galz, when a reason to apply pressure was available. I didn't reply directly (technical problems when I tried), but followed up other posts soon after.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2020, 04:58:37 pm »

Do share!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2020, 05:06:15 pm »

Do share!

Okay!

Three people in a row saying I'm townie is noteworthy. I'm going to guess that there's exactly one scum on that group

This is a good case, and I think you're the scum in this group. I also don't see a difference between this game and the one where we were buddies.

Not the best reason to vote, but it's better than the Galz wagon, and I think I just scumread Glooble every D1 now, I would have to read more into that to know if I should vote there. So, you're the best vote for now.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2020, 07:02:42 pm »

Good catch, and sorry for not checking! I have a flag in the script header that lets me control whether to count missing spaces, so I've enabled it for this game.. guess the last one I played in didn't allow them or something?

I'll post an updated count as soon as I've re-read Glooble and decided whether I want to join the IC and my townread on there, since I should really move myself off the "Not voting" line.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2020, 07:03:01 pm »

Hi hi!

I’m completely unsure where the weekend went and now I need to make dinner and whatnot and time is elusive.

I have only done a rough skim of the last couple of pages.

Space, when I said ADK was being annoyed at people not voting that was in reference to
Yes we've apparently entered some kind of nightmare dimension where we need a pre-RVS chitchat phase before we get into RVS proper

I am surprised that Joseph is being quite so low key. Same with Galzy and especially faust. But it’s the weekend so it’s hard to tell.  I’m also a little surprised that MiX is being so affable.

None of that is particularly important, just something I want to think more about when I have some time to focus tomorrow.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2020, 07:10:41 pm »

I'm finding that I really like this compelling argument from Glooble himself:

Wagons are good. So huzzah!

Vote: Glooble
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2020, 07:12:18 pm »

That makes the current space count:

A Drowned Kernel (2): faust, Glooble
Glooble (3): Robz888, A Drowned Kernel, SpaceAnemone
Dylan32 (1): Chairs
EFHW (2): Joseph2302, MiX
Galzria (1): WestCoastDidds
Joseph2302 (1): Galzria
Chairs (1): Eevee
Not Voting (2): Dylan32, EFHW

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2020, 07:26:17 pm »

Oh, and I also half-did my faust re-read earlier, and have just tidied if off now:
Faust makes a comment about dogs not being allowed to vote, and then a comment about Robz missing an 8, which I don't get.
Throws a question at Eevee in #49, about why MiX is trying too hard, which is probably useful given that Eevee isn't someone who's played a whole lot with MiX, so it may be useful to identify if Eevee's not "getting" MiX.
Then there's a longer comment about flavour.
Kind of a facetious response to MiX about trying hard, but then it was unhelpful of MiX to answer on Eevee's behalf in the first place.
Eevee himself answers at #78. This all seems like really early-game stuff to be looking back on.
More ribbing MiX at #94.
More specific Eevee interaction at #118. Is Eevee just having personal connections with everyone I decide to ISO?
Then there's a link to a cat in space. I'm all for education, but this Anemone is definitely canine! (Though chairs's post was brilliant!).
Good follow-up to ADK at #155. While I townread them, I still approve of scrutiny.
Then faust is missing after that, which is something I can relate to. I recall he has posted a VLA, though also that doesn't come into effect until Thursday. Anyway, I don't think the fact he hasn't posted as much of a volume of words as most other people is immediately concerning, which was the main thing I wanted to ascertain by re-reading.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2020, 07:40:42 pm »

Regardless, this would still make Joseph look town, right?

I wouldn't had planned to do something different from what I usually do just so I could townread people that see it, that would be something Didds would point to and say "hmm, this doesn't seem like town!MiX", which as we all know is a death sentence for me.

Yes, I think it does.

Ok, so if you didn't come into this game planning on doing something different for the reads, why have you been sheeping other people this much so far? Since that is something that is a little different from what you usually do.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2020, 07:51:30 pm »

Glooble got a wagon on him and then vanished, which is another good reason to vote for glooble
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2020, 08:38:03 pm »

I'd like to hear why faust and Glooble are voting ADK.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2020, 08:42:50 pm »

I still don't find the 3 people in row theory at all compelling. And since I was first, it pertains even less to me. Three people have bought into the theory: ADK, MiX  and Joseph. One of them must be scum?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2020, 09:58:31 pm »

Because they're acting incredibly scummy. Basically they vote for MiX, make a case on MiX, I say "That case makes sense" and join them. Then Robz, the IC, says the case is bad. Immediately, ADK attacks me. Why? So that all of the "voting for MiX is scummy" arguments stick to me instead of ADK.

It's so obvious I cannot believe all of you are falling for it.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2020, 10:00:34 pm »

Glooble got a wagon on him and then vanished, which is another good reason to vote for glooble

Had a busy weekend. Bad timing I know. But look at games where I'm scum and come under pressure- I don't lurk, I divert. I usually come in swinging at somebody else, and usually not someone on my wagon cause  I know OMGUS looks suspicious. This isn't how I play as scum.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2020, 10:07:53 pm »

Because they're acting incredibly scummy. Basically they vote for MiX, make a case on MiX, I say "That case makes sense" and join them. Then Robz, the IC, says the case is bad. Immediately, ADK attacks me. Why? So that all of the "voting for MiX is scummy" arguments stick to me instead of ADK.

It's so obvious I cannot believe all of you are falling for it.
Can you point to where this happened?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.