Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Game Over! Skum Wins!  (Read 120081 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 1!!!!
« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2020, 06:20:41 pm »

Vote: Galzria, not scummy but really high chances of having gotten scum this game.

Your logic is astounding.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2020, 06:21:24 pm »

Vote: Galzria, not scummy but really high chances of having gotten scum this game.

Your logic is astounding.

I'm glad you understand it, I thought I was being somewhat obscure.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2020, 06:28:58 pm »

Galzria, do you have any reads?

Galz has been quieter in games lately, and when he does post, it's 99% anti-Robz content. You can tell I'm not bitter at all!

Only the last game! Because you were buddying me! And you WERE scum!
That's a very good point. But why is everyone giving you a Day 1 participation pass?

I thought I would still have a grudge against faust, but I seem to be over it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2020, 06:44:08 pm »

Galz has been quieter in games lately, and when he does post, it's 99% anti-Robz content. You can tell I'm not bitter at all!

That's a very good point. But why is everyone giving you a Day 1 participation pass?

Do you think Galz being inactive is indicative of his alignment in this game, or do you just want him to be more active?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2020, 06:49:25 pm »

Phone posting for like the next four days.

Not feeling good about this ADK situation that occurred. Feeling worse about the Galz situation.

Didds and MiX getting D1 passes from me

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2020, 06:52:12 pm »

Phone posting for like the next four days.

Not feeling good about this ADK situation that occurred. Feeling worse about the Galz situation.

Didds and MiX getting D1 passes from me

What situation? That some people are town reading me or that some people are scum reading me?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2020, 06:52:16 pm »

I don’t have a D1 participation pass, I don’t think. But if I did, why would this be noteworthy to you? Is it because you know I’m Town and don’t understand why what you feel should be an easy mislynch doesn’t seem to be a popular opinion?

And my point was merely that I don’t have any anti-Robz energy. Certainly none that he seems to believe I have. Last time around I was anti-Robz, but only because he was scum and I correctly read him for it.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2020, 07:28:11 pm »

This isn't about you, specifically,  it's about participation passes in general.  ADK and the IC are both defending your lower activity despite the fact that more activity is always better, with the exception of thread cluttering, of course

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2020, 07:33:29 pm »

This isn't about you, specifically,  it's about participation passes in general.  ADK and the IC are both defending your lower activity despite the fact that more activity is always better, with the exception of thread cluttering, of course

I don’t see it as defending (at least in Robz case), as commenting on its regularity - more to make the point that, if anything, it’s NAI. I got the same feeling from ADK’s posts, but it’s possible I missed an argument that he made.

Mafia Record:

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2020, 07:49:00 pm »

Space, do you have anything to say about anyone?

I should have things to say, but I totally forgot about this game yesterday, and only remembered today now that it's almost 1am. Have skim-read a catch-up, but it turns out I'm too sleepy for the words to be sinking in. Have written "mafia game" on my to-do list for tomorrow so I get myself back into the habit of checking f.ds :-)

Also, at least one other person mentioned not getting an email about the role PM -- is everyone else in the same boat? I haven't had an email about my last two forum PMs, which might be bad for prods this game.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2020, 07:53:47 pm »

Space, do you have anything to say about anyone?

I should have things to say, but I totally forgot about this game yesterday, and only remembered today now that it's almost 1am. Have skim-read a catch-up, but it turns out I'm too sleepy for the words to be sinking in. Have written "mafia game" on my to-do list for tomorrow so I get myself back into the habit of checking f.ds :-)

Also, at least one other person mentioned not getting an email about the role PM -- is everyone else in the same boat? I haven't had an email about my last two forum PMs, which might be bad for prods this game.

Which is why I asked when you could've answered it :(

I didn't get any email, which is new.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2020, 08:12:15 pm »

I know! You had me dead to rights and my bitterness is completely irrational!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2020, 08:51:32 pm »

The Galz wagon is so hilariously dumb I almost don't want to speak out against it, just to see what happens.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2020, 10:31:26 pm »

I don’t see it as defending (at least in Robz case), as commenting on its regularity - more to make the point that, if anything, it’s NAI. I got the same feeling from ADK’s posts, but it’s possible I missed an argument that he made.

Your assessment of my feelings is correct
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2020, 08:54:57 am »

The Galz wagon is so hilariously dumb I almost don't want to speak out against it, just to see what happens.

Agree, Galz wagon looks dumb, which make me want to give them a D1 pass
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2020, 08:57:49 am »

Three people in a row saying I'm townie is noteworthy. I'm going to guess that there's exactly one scum on that group
Well if you're right, then that means there's one scum in {EFHW, Glooble}. And I don't think it was 3 town saying it (although the laziest person was me, for just agreeing, I'm ignoring myself as I'm town)

So I kind of like where my vote is

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2020, 09:22:58 am »

Three people in a row saying I'm townie is noteworthy. I'm going to guess that there's exactly one scum on that group
Well if you're right, then that means there's one scum in {EFHW, Glooble}. And I don't think it was 3 town saying it (although the laziest person was me, for just agreeing, I'm ignoring myself as I'm town)

Sure I'll sheep you.

Vote: EFHW

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2020, 09:24:02 am »

Sure I'll sheep you.

Vote: EFHW
Seems like you're just sheeping anyone and everyone.....

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2020, 09:26:27 am »

You noticed!

I don't have a top scumread to tunnel on yet, so I'm just voting on my scumreads if there's wagons to follow.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2020, 10:35:03 am »

You noticed!

I don't have a top scumread to tunnel on yet, so I'm just voting on my scumreads if there's wagons to follow.

Is it sheeping when two people RVS vote the same person?

Good that Joseph is paying attention, though. But his deciding his vote on me is good because I thought ADK was towny is definitely questionable.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2020, 10:40:56 am »

You noticed!

Good that Joseph is paying attention, though. But his deciding his vote on me is good because I thought ADK was towny is definitely questionable.

I like my vote on glooble but classifying mix and joseph's votes as "RVS" when they're clearly not is pretty scummy
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2020, 12:56:17 pm »

You noticed!

My vote started as a RV, but now I like it as a proper vote, based on the 3 people calling ADK towny and not all being town thing

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2020, 01:56:25 pm »

I've tuned up my vote counter and started looking at how things are moving. Here's a current Space Count, in case anyone's interested:

Robz888 (1): Galzria
A Drowned Kernel (2): faust, Glooble
Glooble (2): Robz888, A Drowned Kernel
Dylan32 (1): Chairs
SpaceAnemone (1): Joseph2302
Galzria (1): WestCoastDidds
EFHW (1): MiX
Not Voting (4): Dylan32, EFHW, Eevee, SpaceAnemone
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2020, 01:57:31 pm »

After getting the vote counter going, I also started looking at where the earliest wagon formation started out. ADK is the first person to pick up a multi-vote wagon, at #97 where WCD joins faust on ADK. WCD's assessment was that ADK seemed to be displaying annoyance at people not voting. I don't quite see where that's from, tbh. The original ADK vote was from faust at #77, and was unexplained, but that's pretty common for faust.

From re-reading ADK, I'd say that they fall pretty early into the trap of focusing on what is and isn't normal MiX.

I agree with ADK's response to Eevee about it being more important for scum to live individually than for town.

EFHW's question to ADK at #102 is a bit odd, now I think about it. ADK was clearly criticizing MiX for contributing a lot of words without a lot of analysis, whereas very few people (me, Robz, faust and Dylan) have contributed fewer words than Galz. And on that tangent, I think it's fine for Robz not to say much yet as the IC, and I'm trying to make amends now, even though I'm really not a good D1 player. I think Dylan's been ill, and faust just isn't that verbose, but maybe I should double-check how much he has actually said. Anyway, back on my original point, ADK pointed the distinction out to EFHW at #104.. was that ever followed up/acknowledged?

ADK votes Glooble for a sarcastic comment about MiX being townie for sheeping the IC.

#139, another occasion where ADK directly disagrees with something Eevee says, and again, I feel that I agree more with ADK (in this case that tunnelling someone is an easy role for scum to assume, instead of being something that's hard for scum to mimic).

Aha, apparently from #154, I'm not very original in finding ADK townie. Oh well.

#157-#160: huh, more ADK-Eevee interaction around ADK's asserion that there's probably exactly one scum in the three people who found them townie, which was {EFHW, Dylan, Joseph} in that order.

Okay, so the tl;dr for that re-read is that I find ADK townie, but with an interesting amount of civil disagreement with Eevee in particular, and that I want to re-read faust.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 27, 2020, 02:11:52 pm »

Space, your tracker (intentionally) missed Joseph voting for EFHW in #141, as the vote was formatted incorrectly (no space after colon). I’m not sure if MOD will count vote or not though.

Also, vote: Joseph

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.