Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Game Over! Skum Wins!  (Read 120013 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 1!!!!
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2020, 10:20:57 am »

Why is chairs more scum than normal this game?

Opening post just felt suspicious, idk. "Robz is a good IC" - we all know that, it adds nothing of value, it's just a way of looking like you're not lurking. Then he votes for the mod? How very non-committal. Just doesn't feel genuine.

Glooble is tricky here....I know he is busy, but also when he’s scum he gets quiet.

I'm really only busy on Thursdays right now.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2020, 10:21:09 am »

Have we seen Dylan or Joseph yet?

I think maybe scum EFHW is more present. I’m not finding I gotta anything off about MiX at all, so far. Eevee is always wonderful and so far, not scummy. ADKs annoyance with people not voting makes me giggle and also typical...but perhaps the least interesting in terms of trying to sort people. Galz is hanging back more than I’d guess.

faust and space are hard for me to figure out. Glooble is tricky here....I know he is busy, but also when he’s scum he gets quiet.

Who am I missing? Oh, chairs! I have zero ability to read chairs. I always think she’s scummy. He rarely is.

Vote: ADK
I think this is a towny post. I like the content, and the idea of doing a reads post, all in all good feels.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2020, 10:23:53 am »

Galz is hanging back more than I’d guess.

Galz has been a bit of a lurker in the past few games I've been in with him. He's not someone I expect to be very active D1

PPE of course he posts as I'm writing this

How did you decide to put pressure on MiX but defend Galz?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2020, 10:26:23 am »

I feel Robz reads me well, he'd have been my number one pick for the IC role from the player list.
Is the main quality you look for in an IC whether they read you well?
Iwould say IC’s are most useful when they are a mover and shaker who’s likely to be a strong voice in steering the game, especially if they have a notorious history of doing so as scum and getting away with it (people like yourself, galzria and indeed robz). Extra good for robz because while he’s a great endgame player, he also often gets lynched early for lurking and being indifferent about the game.
It’s a personal perk that robz being the IC I think makes me more likely to live longer, maybe.

It's good that Robz is IC because many games get hung up on the question of whether he is scum or not.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2020, 10:27:13 am »

Galz has been a bit of a lurker in the past few games I've been in with him. He's not someone I expect to be very active D1

Because there's a difference between lurking and making lots of empty posts
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2020, 10:32:35 am »

ADK is making a lot of sense right now. Reread MiX, think about games you've played with town!MiX. Town!MiX makes bold assertions. He's abrasive (intentionally so, I think.) This MiX seems too cautious.

Vote: MiX

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2020, 10:43:05 am »

Thank you ADK... my cats and dogs obviously messed up the first post....

Robz88 is the Innocent Child and  confirmed Town-Aligned

Excellent! A Robz you can trust is the best kind.

Also hi all, it's been a while. :)

Yes, Robz being IC is great. How well do you feel he usually reads you? Also, are you still as happy and friendly as last time we crossed paths? :-)
As fluffy as ever!

I feel Robz reads me well, he'd have been my number one pick for the IC role from the player list.

When *I* buddy people like this, it raises suspicion!

Sorry, I promise at some point I will stop re-litigating grievances from past games.

(But not yet.)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2020, 10:45:28 am »

Iwould say IC’s are most useful when they are a mover and shaker who’s likely to be a strong voice in steering the game, especially if they have a notorious history of doing so as scum and getting away with it (people like yourself, galzria and indeed robz). Extra good for robz because while he’s a great endgame player, he also often gets lynched early for lurking and being indifferent about the game.
It’s a personal perk that robz being the IC I think makes me more likely to live longer, maybe.

It's good that Robz is IC because many games get hung up on the question of whether he is scum or not.

Yes, this is the best case for having me as IC.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2020, 10:46:39 am »

Seems like we are already falling into the familiar pattern of directing all energy and attention toward MiX, which I am learning is at the very least anti-town, if not necessarily scum behavior. A challenge to all: Talk about any other player as much as you talk about MiX!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2020, 10:47:24 am »

Vote: Glooble

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2020, 11:12:16 am »

Why is chairs more scum than normal this game?

Opening post just felt suspicious, idk. "Robz is a good IC" - we all know that, it adds nothing of value, it's just a way of looking like you're not lurking. Then he votes for the mod? How very non-committal. Just doesn't feel genuine.

Glooble is tricky here....I know he is busy, but also when he’s scum he gets quiet.

I'm really only busy on Thursdays right now.

You got scum again? Just don't sub out for joth so I can actually push you, okay?

Seems like we are already falling into the familiar pattern of directing all energy and attention toward MiX, which I am learning is at the very least anti-town, if not necessarily scum behavior. A challenge to all: Talk about any other player as much as you talk about MiX!

That's going to be hard, but I'll try, I guess.

Hey, good reads.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2020, 11:17:28 am »

How do I make posts with meat? What's that anyway?
I suggest you go beef up your analysis and flesh out your scumreads. Don't be a chicken and afraid that someone might pork fun at you!

This is amazing, and exactly what I expected when I asked that.

Have we seen Dylan or Joseph yet?

I think maybe scum EFHW is more present. I’m not finding I gotta anything off about MiX at all, so far. Eevee is always wonderful and so far, not scummy. ADKs annoyance with people not voting makes me giggle and also typical...but perhaps the least interesting in terms of trying to sort people. Galz is hanging back more than I’d guess.

faust and space are hard for me to figure out. Glooble is tricky here....I know he is busy, but also when he’s scum he gets quiet.

Who am I missing? Oh, chairs! I have zero ability to read chairs. I always think she’s scummy. He rarely is.

Vote: ADK
I think this is a towny post. I like the content, and the idea of doing a reads post, all in all good feels.

I agree with this. Not sure what that makes Eevee though. Oh wait eevee's town I already determined that.

Why did you ask this specific question? It's very interesting.

This is very true. It's one of the many reasons why Robz should always be IC when town :P

ADK is making a lot of sense right now. Reread MiX, think about games you've played with town!MiX. Town!MiX makes bold assertions. He's abrasive (intentionally so, I think.) This MiX seems too cautious.

Can you bring up examples? I think I'm being exceptionally townier this game than most, not the other way around.

Think of the previous post as things I really wanted to answer first, and this one as things I felt like I needed to answer.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2020, 11:39:37 am »

Sheeping the IC! Super towny thing to do.

Did you mean you wanted examples of previous games where you came out swinging with substantive arguments, even if they were wrong? Just want to verfiy that that's what you're asking for before I spend a bunch of time hunting them down.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2020, 11:41:44 am »

MiX gives us so much more to talk about though. Chairs made two posts and one of them was about his computer not working. MiX made 15 posts in the same span!

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2020, 11:56:04 am »

Did you mean you wanted examples of previous games where you came out swinging with substantive arguments, even if they were wrong? Just want to verfiy that that's what you're asking for before I spend a bunch of time hunting them down.

How is it my fault that I saw Robz voted for you when I was going to do that already :(

Examples of me not doing than when I'm scum, and how similar that is to this game.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2020, 12:01:56 pm »

vote: glooble
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2020, 12:10:39 pm »

I think Glooble seems more annoyed by Mix than anything else, very tunnel-visiony. Not something scum would usually fake I don’t think. I think exasperation is actually somewhat of a town tell.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2020, 12:25:47 pm »

vote: glooble
You stole my line!

Good thing I'm already voting for you.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2020, 12:30:02 pm »

I think Glooble seems more annoyed by Mix than anything else, very tunnel-visiony. Not something scum would usually fake I don’t think. I think exasperation is actually somewhat of a town tell.
Where are you getting that Glooble is annoyed? from what I read it seems like he's voting MiX because he's not sufficiently annoyed at him:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2020, 12:45:43 pm »

Uh, I kind of feel bad about assuming frustration from Glooble if it’s not really there, wouldn’t want to start a fight or stir up any kind of trouble at all. Just to me (!, i may be mistaken) seems Gloobles tone towards Mix is more hostile than he’d usually be.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2020, 12:59:52 pm »

Let's be real, scumteam is MiX/Chairs/Robz and we bribed the mod to fake-IC Robz.  ::)

Thoughts:
0. Swowl
Obviously secretly playing as the grassy knoll scummer.

1. Dylan
HOW HAVE I NOT WRITTEN ANYTHING ABOUT YOU BY POST 56

2. WCD
First post - towny fluff.
IKR MIXIAN RESPONSE IS THE BEST.

3. EFHW
First post - towny fluff.
Next notable post is talking about liking cats despite being allergic. This is not very doglike behavior, EFHW, and I am disappointed.

4. ADK
First post calls out request for IC info. Means ADK read the setup. Reading the setup is scummy.
Votes MiX but feels the need to explain why. Explanations about MiX votes are for scum who want to feel better about wagoning their teammate (MiX, who is always scum). Scummy.
MIXIAN RESPONSE I love you, I'm not rewriting this post but you get a D1 pass now b/c I love this.
Tries to pair me as scum with mix. Is obviously trying to deflect from their own obvious pairing with mix.

5. Galz
Gets first post of D1, scummy. Eager to dig into MiX, known scum extraordinaire. Clearly D1 ploy to wagon a teammate for towncred. Scummy.
Votes Robz, confirmed Town.

6. Joseph

7. faust
Complicit in Swowl's plot to disenfranchise deserving dogs. Clearly a cat, and thus scum.
"Everybody wants to be a cat" notes. Everybody knows cats are stinky noodlebutts. DOG AM BEST BOI. SUPER SCUM.
Accuses mix of having trouble reading their own posts. I'm dying. Everyone knows cats don't have humor, so this must be a misdogerstanding.
votes ADK. ADK is the less obv of the obv!scum, so this is leaning me back towards dog-status more.

8. MiX
Tells Galz to trust his MiX!Radar. Neutral. We all have a great MiX!Radar, that being that MiX is always scum.
Votes EFHW. Thus, EFHW is Town.
Agrees with ADK voting MiX. IS MIX. Clearly a ploy to make scum!ADK look like town!ADK.
Votes EFHW... again? (reply 57). I can only assume this is some hardcore PR hunting.
Defends me. IS THIS THE RARE TOWN MIX? OR IS THIS A DIRTY CAT PLOY?

9. chairs
It's me! I'm amazing and practically perfect in every way.

10. Eevee
Trusting IC!Robz? Not a good look. Scum.
Fluffy? Good bois are fluffy and pettable. Maaaybe is dog?

11. Space
IS IN SPACE and thus a dog. Have you heard of any famous cats in space? NO. WE ONLY PUT GOOD DOGGOS IN SPACE. NO CAT.

12. Robz
IC.

13. Glooble
"Allergic to cats". Sounds like something a cat would say. Everyone knows even cats hate cats.
Votes me! Confirmed scum.

(14). Jotheonah
Killed N0 by Swowl. Basically John F Doggedy.

Okay I'm bored with that now, ran out of steam about post 84. Main takeaway? This game has had relatively little meat.

Specific notes in not-amusing-myself fashion:
MiX is bit fluffier than usual, which I actually think is a Town!MiX tell - I think scum!MiX kinda bares fangs a little quicker in the outset.
Eevee is stressing that Robz "reads me well" which feels a lil' scummy honestly.
XaL says vote: Dylan is a solid choice. Joseph also a good choice.
Robz as IC is great, because now I don't have to vote Robz off the island for being Robz, who I usually feel like plays a very scummy Town game (and a very scummy Scum game).
The way ADK has played off MiX makes me feel like ADK is kinda scummy.
faust comes off as, well, faust. I'd feel more towny about it from, say, Glooble, but for faust this is neutral.

JOHNNY FIVE NEEDS INPUT. More votes, folks.

Will try to read though stuff past 90 or so in a bit.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2020, 01:04:55 pm »

Why did you ask this specific question? It's very interesting.

I was wondering what it meant that ADK defended Galz there. They didn't need to and they weren't giving other people slack. Plus giving people D1 passes for participation is not conducive to active games.

I'm also not sure what to make of the pressure on you. I feel like they are making a big thing out of a small amount of information, and again, why encourage you to make baseless claims?

Speaking of which, you do know we aren't partners this time around?

PPE: Chairs

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2020, 01:36:54 pm »

OMG, I don't get to see Chairs off the chain like this very often.  I am HERE FOR IT! 
It's like curmudgeon mixed with hipster with a dash of good doggo and its awesome.

Mixy, it seems clear you need to make the MiXian comment your new sig. You've officially been Mixing here long enough to have a spice blend of your own.

Big owl, will you please PROD Dylan and Joseph?  Thanks, friend

Dylan is always town and Joseph is always scum in my mind, so that lurking looks seriously good/bad for them.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2020, 01:39:34 pm »

IS IN SPACE and thus a dog. Have you heard of any famous cats in space? NO. WE ONLY PUT GOOD DOGGOS IN SPACE. NO CAT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9licette

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2020, 01:53:53 pm »

Mixy, it seems clear you need to make the MiXian comment your new sig. You've officially been Mixing here long enough to have a spice blend of your own.

Sure, I'll add it when this game's over. I just really like the current one.

Speaking of which, you do know we aren't partners this time around?

Yes I do, and I wish we were.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.