Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Game Over! Skum Wins!  (Read 120117 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M132: Cats and Dogs Mafia - Day 1!!!!
« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2020, 10:47:04 am »

I've been thinking that this game has a notable lack of setup talk. That makes me believe that players who are likely to turn to setup talk as a way of looking active as scum are more likely to not be scum this time around. The players I feel are most likely to do so are... ADK, Space, Robz (meh).

Not really sure any part of this holds up. Well, maybe the space part. Space is on of those players IMO that just sounds different as scum, not sure whether they have yet figured out how to mimic it but in any case I’m reading space as town.

Who wants to join me in quick lynching the SK?

Vote: Joseph
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2020, 10:59:01 am »

What’s the argument on Jospeh?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2020, 11:41:04 am »

Why are we voting Joseph?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2020, 12:03:40 pm »

You seem to be taking ADK's vote on you more personally than MiX's. Why is that? Your following him to the MiX wagon initially seems to be relevant?

I'm not sure. MiX's vote feels like MiX being wrong. MiX and I misread eachother most games we're both in, it's almost a meme at this point. ADK's vote feels like ADK opportunistically setting me up.

When ADK voted MiX, they didn't know you would follow. Once you did, Robz took it in his head, we don't know why, to vote for you. Then MiX followed. Then ADK. Do I have that right? When did ADK create the opportunity to set you up? I think your MiX vote struck several people as scummy, including ADK. They did do a bit of a 180, but there was no reason to expect them to townread you particularly. It seems to me like Robz set you up, not ADK. Or maybe he was actually setting up MiX and ADK. Sheeping the IC can be pretty scummy, so you do have that argument against them both.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2020, 12:05:11 pm »

Why are we asking questions about why we are voting for Joseph?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2020, 12:06:10 pm »

Why are you asking this question about asking questions about voting for Joseph?

Is anyone other than Robz scumreading Joseph?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2020, 12:10:57 pm »

Cause Robs is calling for the quickxile

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2020, 12:14:08 pm »

Why are you asking this question about asking questions about voting for Joseph?
I am expressing my frustration that people cannot accept the fact that sometimes you don't want to give an explanation. Why not let people clarify in their own time?

Well, I'm voting for them, make of that what you will.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2020, 12:22:52 pm »

I've been thinking that this game has a notable lack of setup talk. That makes me believe that players who are likely to turn to setup talk as a way of looking active as scum are more likely to not be scum this time around. The players I feel are most likely to do so are... ADK, Space, Robz (meh).

Not really sure any part of this holds up. Well, maybe the space part. Space is on of those players IMO that just sounds different as scum, not sure whether they have yet figured out how to mimic it but in any case I’m reading space as town.

Who wants to join me in quick lynching the SK?

Vote: Joseph
Bad idea
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2020, 12:23:41 pm »

Because it's a bad idea from nowhere.
Which to be honest sums up most the wagons so far this game- built off nothing and people just jumping on them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2020, 12:25:09 pm »

Jospeh, why is it a bad idea? You have a better idea?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 28, 2020, 12:52:47 pm »

Phone posting for like the next four days.

Not feeling good about this ADK situation that occurred. Feeling worse about the Galz situation.

Didds and MiX getting D1 passes from me

What situation? That some people are town reading me or that some people are scum reading me?

The flurry of attention.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2020, 01:03:46 pm »

Vote: glooble

I think the adk glooble interaction has me ready to vote one of them off the island and I think glooble has come off scummier in the interactions, personally.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2020, 01:14:36 pm »

Because it's a bad idea from nowhere.
Which to be honest sums up most the wagons so far this game- built off nothing and people just jumping on them

Those are helpful wagons to look back on later, if they get big enough.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2020, 02:15:40 pm »

Vote Count 1.3:

Glooble (3): ADK, Space, chairs
Joseph (3): Galzria, faust, Robz888
Galrzria (2): WCD, MiX
ADK (1): Glooble
EFHW (1): Joseph
chairs(1): Eevee

Not Voting (2): Dylan, EFHW

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends on September 30th at 10pm Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2020, 02:33:14 pm »

Well, I'm voting for them, make of that what you will.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2020, 02:35:02 pm »

It's actually a fairly comfortable position for scum to be pushing a player that they know has no chance of being the exile anyways.

Sure doesn't seem to be helping Glooble.

Hasn't hurt him either.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2020, 02:46:39 pm »

I'm voting Joseph because of the evolution of his "reads" - voting for EFHW for "RVS", that turns into 'leaving his vote there for real reasons' - those 'reasons' being a purchase into the belief that 3 consecutive people expressing town reads on ADK could not themselves all be town, and EFHW (for unexplained reasons) is the scummiest of those 3 people - sorry, 2 people, as Joseph himself was one of the 3 (and thus would not consider himself). The other player, Glooble, has a few votes himself with plenty of conversation happening around him, yet Joseph has been completely silent on that topic. Seems to me that if Joseph genuinely believed that there were scum amongst {EFHW, Glooble}, he would be more interested in considering the arguments surrounding both players in that pair.

Mafia Record:

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2020, 06:13:23 pm »

Vote: glooble

I think the adk glooble interaction has me ready to vote one of them off the island and I think glooble has come off scummier in the interactions, personally.

Because he has been more emotional, or some other reason? And why are you so certain one is scum?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2020, 06:15:25 pm »

At this point, I could vote for anyone except myself and Robz. Also, Galz made a good point about Joseph, so maybe not him either.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2020, 06:26:41 pm »

At this point, I could vote for anyone except myself and Robz. Also, Galz made a good point about Joseph, so maybe not him either.

I don't think this game is anywhere near voting-for-everyone kind of uselessness.

Vote: EFHW

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2020, 06:55:21 pm »

I'm voting Joseph because of the evolution of his "reads" - voting for EFHW for "RVS", that turns into 'leaving his vote there for real reasons' - those 'reasons' being a purchase into the belief that 3 consecutive people expressing town reads on ADK could not themselves all be town, and EFHW (for unexplained reasons) is the scummiest of those 3 people - sorry, 2 people, as Joseph himself was one of the 3 (and thus would not consider himself). The other player, Glooble, has a few votes himself with plenty of conversation happening around him, yet Joseph has been completely silent on that topic. Seems to me that if Joseph genuinely believed that there were scum amongst {EFHW, Glooble}, he would be more interested in considering the arguments surrounding both players in that pair.

Glooble wasn't the 3rd in that sequence of ADK townreads. Glooble was voting for ADK, then EFHW townread, I agreed, then Joseph agreed.

It's interesting that EFHW knows it's ADK vs glooble, but then says galz made a good point about Joseph and the list of people who expressed townreads on ADK while glooble wasn't even actually in that group. Altogether, EFHW's last couple posts are scummy enough to get me off the not voting line.

Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2020, 07:01:53 pm »

Well Glooble has had one of these random wagons on them  and that makes me feel better about them (because it does seem to me like people are just piling onto whoever gets a vote or 2)

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2020, 07:02:33 pm »

I don't think this game is anywhere near voting-for-everyone kind of uselessness.

Agree, way too early to start the whatever to get a lynch voting

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2020, 07:03:53 pm »

Glooble wasn't the 3rd in that sequence of ADK townreads. Glooble was voting for ADK, then EFHW townread, I agreed, then Joseph agreed.

It's interesting that EFHW knows it's ADK vs glooble, but then says galz made a good point about Joseph and the list of people who expressed townreads on ADK while glooble wasn't even actually in that group. Altogether, EFHW's last couple posts are scummy enough to get me off the not voting line.

Looking back, you’re correct. I clearly didn’t check my sources:

Three people in a row saying I'm townie is noteworthy. I'm going to guess that there's exactly one scum on that group
Well if you're right, then that means there's one scum in {EFHW, Glooble}. And I don't think it was 3 town saying it (although the laziest person was me, for just agreeing, I'm ignoring myself as I'm town)

So I kind of like where my vote is

My point is still valid, however: Joseph has decided there’s scum within the group that Townread ADK earlier - he dismisses himself, arbitrarily picks EFHW, and never comments on or discusses the other player (you, or in his mind, Glooble).

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.