Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Confusing Kingdom  (Read 1976 times)

hyperion33

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Confusing Kingdom
« on: March 24, 2012, 08:58:25 pm »

First off, I'm new to this forum. Hi! I mostly play casual dominion with my friends or on iso, but I've been looking at this forum for a while.

Second, I just played a game where I didn't really know exactly what to do... the kingdom had:

Goons, Margrave, Rabble, Caravan, Island, Ambassador, Masquerade, Swindler, Chapel, and something I forgot.

What's the best strategy here?

I'll have the log up as soon as it's on Council Room.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
Re: Confusing Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 09:12:39 pm »

Goons, Margrave, Rabble, Caravan, Island, Ambassador, Masquerade, Swindler, Chapel, and something I forgot.

What's the best strategy here?
Well, that might depend a lot on what the missing card is:

If it's King's Court, probably some variety of the King's Court - King's Court - Goons - Masquerade deck will be dominant.

If it's a village of some sort, I'd go for a +Actions/+Cards deck topped off with Goons.

Anything else... it's a little trickier to come up with an immediate plan.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

hyperion33

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 09:16:06 pm »

I remember enough that it cost $3 and it didn't give extra actions.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:47:53 pm »

I don't think this is overly complicated. There's an option for ambassador/caravan or masquerade at the start and I suspect both of these will pretty much sideline the chapel, islands, and swindler. Build up the decks with caravan/silver/gold. You would probably then add goons to a caravan based deck or margrave to a treasure based deck to pull in the provinces.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 02:39:02 am »

On this board I would likely open masq/silver looking to get a Goons or two ASAP. after that you're going to want to get a bunch of caravans with spare $4-5 hands, and more Goons or Golds on $6 hands and Provinces with $8. The other attacks likely arent worth it. You could potentially do ambassador instead of masq but I think masq provides much better early game income and you do want to get a goons pretty quickly.

Zaphod

• Thief
  • Do you know where your towel is?
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 10:39:11 pm »

According to councilroom.com, Caravan / Ambassador is the seventh-best opening combo to date.  You may want to pick up a Goons at some point for the attack and the VPs, but with no +action cards, you probably only want one.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.