Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: March + Ways  (Read 1122 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
March + Ways
« on: August 20, 2020, 11:42:46 pm »
+1

I had a game with March and Way of the Butterfly.  I tried using March to play a $4 card with Way of the Butterfly to get a Duchy, but it only let me play the card as the card.  It was especially frustrating because I lost the game by only 1 or 2 points, so that Duchy would've won it for me
They/them

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: March + Ways
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 04:46:07 am »
+2

Right, you found bad UI   :(

What you are supposed to do is buy March, move the shown discard pile downward so you can see the Kingdom, and click on the Way you want to use. This changes the Action card pictures to the Way picture. If you play an Action card now, it is played using the Way.

Of course, the interface should just show the "Way" button on the Actions cards in your discard pile, so one click to the right place would be enough to declare your choice.

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
Re: March + Ways
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 12:41:57 pm »

Right, you found bad UI   :(

What you are supposed to do is buy March, move the shown discard pile downward so you can see the Kingdom, and click on the Way you want to use. This changes the Action card pictures to the Way picture. If you play an Action card now, it is played using the Way.

Of course, the interface should just show the "Way" button on the Actions cards in your discard pile, so one click to the right place would be enough to declare your choice.

Ugh, what a bad design :-(  At least I know how to do it next time though, thanks!
They/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.