Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How long do your games last?  (Read 2177 times)

joust85

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
How long do your games last?
« on: August 20, 2020, 12:35:06 am »
+1

New to Dominion! Have really, really been enjoying games with friends over the past few weeks.

My simple question is: how long do everyone's IRL games usually last?

3-4 player games have been great fun, but sometimes last 75+ minutes. Side of the box reads approx. 30 minute games.

Are probably often terrible strategies from new players causing games to last much longer than they usually would? Or is the 30 minutes only really applicable to 2-player games?

Thanks a bunch!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: How long do your games last?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 01:53:11 am »
+3

Just played a two player and a three player IRL game tonight. Two player game was only about 20 minutes, three player game was over an hour. Mostly it comes down to what cards are in play. The three player game was slowed down a lot due to the easy availability of lots of cards that allowed a lot of actions per turn to be played, as well as the presence of Fairgrounds which caused players to not buy Provinces when they normally would.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

mutated

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 03:48:54 pm »
+2

Yeah, some games simply move more slowly than others. I play 2 and 3 player games IRL and they take probably 60 minutes, but we're often chatting at the same time and none of us are particularly great at the game.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +410
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 06:42:31 pm »

It entirely depends on what cards are out. I've had even just two player games go from anywhere between 15 min to 1.5 hrs
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1683
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 06:26:00 pm »

There's way too much variance to really give a concrete answer to this question. Some games take longer to setup than to play, and some take over 2 hours.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 06:27:10 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.