Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fly-Eagles-Fly's fan cards  (Read 3927 times)

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
Fly-Eagles-Fly's fan cards
« on: August 18, 2020, 12:21:19 pm »
+2

It seems like I might become active again here, so I wanted to curate my collection a bit. I took out some cards from my fan card page. Some I might bring back, and some of these might get changed too. I just wanted to trim enough of the fat to be getting on with.
To do: rename Alliance to Treaty or something like that

Click to embiggen:

Kingdom Cards:

Plot:

Credit to Kudasai for this awesome mat!

Extra Cards:

Other Card-Shaped Things:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 12:46:28 pm by Fly-Eagles-Fly »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Fly-Eagles-Fly's fan cards
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 10:54:35 am »
+1

I haven't read all of them too carefully yet, but I think Barbarian should be an Attack, and there's already a card-shaped thing called Alliance.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 01:48:22 pm »

I haven't read all of them too carefully yet, but I think Barbarian should be an Attack, and there's already a card-shaped thing called Alliance.
I had Alliance before Alliance was a thing, and I forgot I had never gotten around to fixing Barbarian. I'm having trouble uploading images right now, so I'll only be able to actually change the images once a week or so, but I'll get these fixed soon.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 01:48:02 pm »

$3 Action-Duration
During this turn and next turn, you may spend a coffer for +1 Buy.
While this is in play, when anyone gains a card costing $5 or more, +1 Coffers.

How's this for a card? I've no idea about name, and cost I'm not real clear on cost either. I'd say in a three player game you'd average 2 coffers per play, then if you spend one for a buy and it only really comes out to +1 Coffers, +1 Buy. I'd like a second perspective.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 03:53:34 pm »

Added Fish and Ram. With Ram, as written you could reveal the same Ram multiple times per gain, which is not the intention. The idea is that if I ever actually play with it my group will just not do that. I'm really unsure about the top part's strength and the cost.

Jonatan Djurachkovitch

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jonis20004
  • Respect: +95
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 12:00:56 am »

Raconteur is pretty similar to my Weekly contest card Fabulist. My version however sets the cards aside the turn before, and doesn't have a second option. Setting the cards aside the turn before removes tracking and isn't as powerful in draw your deck engines.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 01:45:02 pm »
+1

I changed Developer to this:

Maybe it should cost $3.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 03:59:39 pm »

Added Craftsman and Craftsmen Village, and updated the Plot cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 04:04:10 pm »
+2

I changed Developer to this:

Maybe it should cost $3.

Seems comprable to Merchant, since this is harder to activate but you usually want more action cards vs. silvers. $3 seems right.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 04:06:55 pm »

I don't think Developer is a good name because there is an official card named Develop.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2020, 12:45:24 am »

Scientist's +2 Cards should be before the +1 Action, not after.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

gambit05

• Minion
  • Respect: +495
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 05:21:40 am »
+1

Craftsman. Looks good. Maybe some change in the wording: "costing (exactly) the same (as it)"; or: "with (exactly) the same cost (as it)".

Craftsman Village. I have seen this concept somewhere but I can’t remember where. Is it your intention that you combine a Village with the discard/gain part? I see some useful situations for this card, but I am not sure whether the discard/gain options has to be combined with a Village. Wouldn’t it be more interesting to combine it with “+3 Cards”?

In general, I think people should acknowledge the artists whenever possible.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 03:44:45 pm »
+1

Fixed Scientist, Developer (now Raise), Haunted Mansion (for coloring), and Craftsman.
Additionally, I've been experimenting with spacing on the card generator. Which of the two versions of Raise looks closer to official cards?

With Craftsman Village, I see where you're coming from thinking it should be +3 cards. I personally just like putting effects like that on villages, I find it aesthetically interesting (most of these cards will never even get tested). Do you think it's too strong or weak? Otherwise I'll leave it as is.

gambit05

• Minion
  • Respect: +495
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 04:05:15 pm »
+1

Fixed Scientist, Developer (now Raise), Haunted Mansion (for coloring), and Craftsman.
Additionally, I've been experimenting with spacing on the card generator. Which of the two versions of Raise looks closer to official cards?

With Craftsman Village, I see where you're coming from thinking it should be +3 cards. I personally just like putting effects like that on villages, I find it aesthetically interesting (most of these cards will never even get tested). Do you think it's too strong or weak? Otherwise I'll leave it as is.

Raise: I think the newer official cards have a larger text, so similar to the version on the left; the older have a smaller text like the version on the right. I personally think it is more a matter of taste. Sometimes, it looks better (to me) when the text is a bit smaller, but with different instructions being better separated. With Raise, I don't see this problem; so the version on the left looks more like newer official cards.

Craftsman Village: I don't think it is too strong. I just thought that Craftsman has a similar discard-gain mechanic and thus that it would be more distinct to combine it on the Craftsman Village with terminal drawing, which in my opinion also looks more interesting even when not considering the existence of Craftsman.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2020, 04:13:03 pm »

Raise: I think the newer official cards have a larger text, so similar to the version on the left; the older have a smaller text like the version on the right. I personally think it is more a matter of taste. Sometimes, it looks better (to me) when the text is a bit smaller, but with different instructions being better separated. With Raise, I don't see this problem; so the version on the left looks more like newer official cards.

Craftsman Village: I don't think it is too strong. I just thought that Craftsman has a similar discard-gain mechanic and thus that it would be more distinct to combine it on the Craftsman Village with terminal drawing, which in my opinion also looks more interesting even when not considering the existence of Craftsman.
I try not to compare similar cards, if when considered in a world without the other it is interesting. There's definitely a stronger argument to be made for +3 Cards, but like I said I just like the village version for no particular reason.

That being said, while writing this I thought about it a bit more and the two cards are really more similar than they were in their first iterations in my head. I think I'm going to change Craftsman Village to something different but similar, and add a +3 Cards version.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 03:56:06 am »
+1

I've only read a few of these so far, but I like Raise and Deposit. I like Cook too, but I think it might be strong for $5, and maybe okay at $6. There was an outtake from the official sets which was +2 Cards and +$2, and Donald said it was strong and uninteresting. Cook is more interesting but also a little stronger.
...Then again, newer official cards are generally stronger than old ones (on average), and that outtake was not from a recent expansion, so maybe Cook is fine at $5. And Paddock is +$2 and +2 horses (which is a delayed +2 cards). (but personally, I think Paddock becomes OP when there's any empty piles and delayed draw is not quite as good as not-delayed draw.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 03:59:14 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 07:10:06 am »
+1

I've only read a few of these so far, but I like Raise and Deposit. I like Cook too, but I think it might be strong for $5, and maybe okay at $6. There was an outtake from the official sets which was +2 Cards and +$2, and Donald said it was strong and uninteresting. Cook is more interesting but also a little stronger.
...Then again, newer official cards are generally stronger than old ones (on average), and that outtake was not from a recent expansion, so maybe Cook is fine at $5. And Paddock is +$2 and +2 horses (which is a delayed +2 cards). (but personally, I think Paddock becomes OP when there's any empty piles and delayed draw is not quite as good as not-delayed draw.)
Now that I think about it, I think when I first posted Cook on my old thread people said it was too strong but I never got around to changing it. What if I just add +buy and make it 6? It's not a huge change but you're saying it's on the line between them.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2020, 07:15:28 am »

Now that I think about it, I think when I first posted Cook on my old thread people said it was too strong but I never got around to changing it. What if I just add +buy and make it 6? It's not a huge change but you're saying it's on the line between them.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

EDIT: Just read a few more.  I like Anvil/Tool. 
Pub is problematic because putting a card you have in play onto your deck during your action phase can cause problems with tracking and making infinite loops easier to pull off. If it could only put itself onto your deck, that would prevent the problems I think, but then it'd be weak for $5.
Night Market looks too strong compared to Merchant Guild (and too similar in effect IMO).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 07:30:44 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2020, 07:44:31 am »

That's funny, I seem to have just deleted Anvil by mistake. I know the top was Peddler but villager instead of Action. What was the rest? I can't find the old file.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2020, 07:49:52 am »
+1

That's funny, I seem to have just deleted Anvil by mistake. I know the top was Peddler but villager instead of Action. What was the rest? I can't find the old file.
It was there just a couple minutes ago. I think it was something like "While this is in play, when you play a Tool, you may trash a card from your hand."

EDIT: Don't tell me this thread (and the images hosted on imgur) are the only record you have of your fan cards...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 07:53:33 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2020, 07:52:49 am »

It was there just a couple minutes ago. I think it was something like "While this is in play, when you play a Tool, you may trash a card from your hand."
Yeah just after I saw your comment I went back up to check what it was and it was gone. I must have messed it up when I was replacing Craftsman Village with Blacksmith.
That sounds about right.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2020, 08:45:03 am »

I mean, I have an older thread (and another one I forgot about) that I used to update and has older versions of most of these cards. I remembered I could check that so I have the original version of Anvil back. But that's really it. I should probably do something else too.

Also, I have an idea for a landmark but I have two versions. Actually it was inspired by one of the current contest cards, Glamour or something. Like this:
When you play a card from the chosen pile, take 2vp from here.
-
Setup: add an extra Kingdom card pile costing $2 to the Supply. Cards from that pile cost $2 more this game.  That is the chosen pile.

This was the idea, a variation on Obelisk. Then I realized, the cost thing probably isn't necessary. Also, the wording is a bit weird. Thoughts?

exfret

• Thief
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2020, 01:15:41 am »

Fish seems really overpowerd at its price-point. Sure, it's a treasure, but effectively it's a lab, which seems really good. In fact, with Villa, it really *is* a lab.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2020, 05:20:52 am »

I think you can reveal Ram as often as you want and play as many Action cards as you want, in reaction to gaining one card.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.