Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130457 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 6!!!!
« Reply #1325 on: June 16, 2021, 12:36:35 am »

Hyper claimed to me in our qt, and I believe him. He could be scum white knighting, I guess, but either way Awaclus is now obv!town. So it's between MiX and Dylan for me, which is why I mentioned Dylan despite his towny actions. I plan to vote MiX. It's probably safe to vote, but I don't want to think that through right now,  so I'll hold off until tomorrow.

Why was Awaclus obv!town? I honestly don't remember anything specific that he did this whole game, which is probably more just on me rather than his game itself.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 16, 2021, 06:13:10 am »

Hyper claimed to me in our qt, and I believe him. He could be scum white knighting, I guess, but either way Awaclus is now obv!town. So it's between MiX and Dylan for me, which is why I mentioned Dylan despite his towny actions. I plan to vote MiX. It's probably safe to vote, but I don't want to think that through right now,  so I'll hold off until tomorrow.

Why was Awaclus obv!town? I honestly don't remember anything specific that he did this whole game, which is probably more just on me rather than his game itself.

Well, we have a cop result on him now.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 16, 2021, 03:09:35 pm »

Vote Count 6.1 :

Not Voting (5): EFHW, Dylan32, hypercube, MiX, Awaclus

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to exile. 
Day 6 starts now and ends Tuesday, June 22nd at 12:45am  Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 16, 2021, 05:53:45 pm »

Well, we have a cop result on him now.

Yeah, I guess in my head when I read that the first time I thought EFHW meant Awaclus was obvtown before the claim, but yeah I'm tracking now.

I guess from my perspective then it has to be between cube and MiX then. I had been townreading hypercube, so I think right now I would lean towards MiX first. If it's hypercube, that was a really good fakeclaim. Also, 1-shot bulletproof was the scummiest of the claims so far imho. I don't remember Awaclus claiming yet, but unless it was 4 scum + 1 traitor he's probably town. We also (probably) don't have to worry about godfather there since that was part of Joth's flip. If it was 4 scum and a traitor, then it's almost certainly hypercube and Awaclus with that claim, but needing to get 5 correct exiles in 7 nights (or have had the insulin doc successfully kill scum) seems very scum-sided, so I'm not worried about that.

Yeah, I think at this point I'd be ready to vote MiX.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1329 on: June 17, 2021, 07:08:05 am »

I haven't claimed, and I don't think I should.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 17, 2021, 04:09:35 pm »

It's a good thing you're basically conf!town right now, or that would be really frustrating.

So is there a reason to wait until late in the day to vote close the deadline? I don't want to rush things if people have thoughts, but I also don't want this game to completely stall out if no one has other thoughts or their minds are already made up and are just waiting for the deadline to vote.

Actually, I'm going to go ahead and Vote: MiX.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 17, 2021, 04:29:41 pm »

It's a good thing you're basically conf!town right now, or that would be really frustrating.

So is there a reason to wait until late in the day to vote close the deadline? I don't want to rush things if people have thoughts, but I also don't want this game to completely stall out if no one has other thoughts or their minds are already made up and are just waiting for the deadline to vote.

Actually, I'm going to go ahead and Vote: MiX.

Oh I was waiting for EFHW to claim but I see she did.

Yeah we can just do this.

Vote: hypercube, it's what scum claims and also scum's most likely in reverse timeline. Don't forget about this tomorrow.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 17, 2021, 09:37:34 pm »

FWIW, I will say that in our qt hyper advocated a joth exile on two occasions where he didn't need to. He also townread Didds, Dylan, scola and pointed me towards Galz as a good exile.

vote: MiX

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 18, 2021, 01:21:59 am »

I also want to note it pre-exile, but this game feels like it's been the least MiX-like MiX has been in some ways. I noticed it earlier, but there were definitely more pressing issues and notable players to sort out until now. This is part of why I'm pretty confident we'll see a scum flip there beyond the already discussed PoE. Which makes this ironic that I'm so sure it's MiX when it's probably the least scummy sounding he's been to my gut, but most everyone else over the last couple days has had strong reasons they are town besides MiX, hyper, and Awaclus, but with hyper's claim, it basically rules out Awaclus, leaving us with a claimed cop and a claimed 1-shot bulletproof in a game that town did have a vig of sorts.

FWIW, I will say that in our qt hyper advocated a joth exile on two occasions where he didn't need to. He also townread Didds, Dylan, scola and pointed me towards Galz as a good exile.

Then there's this. Either hyper was too accurate (aka knew the alignments already) and tried to use EFHW for the cred by just trying to lone wolf it in a way or they are just town with good reads this game that helped push out 2 scum (at least).

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 18, 2021, 01:27:44 am »

Vote Count 6.2 :

MiX (2): Dylan32, EFHW
hypercube (1): MiX
Not Voting (2): hypercube, Awaclus

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to exile. 
Day 6 starts now and ends Tuesday, June 22nd at 12:45am  Forum Time.
real good. That’s how

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: June 18, 2021, 04:16:22 am »

Intent to hammer.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 18, 2021, 05:06:52 am »

Actually we're presumably going to have twilight again so there's not really a reason to wait.

I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 18, 2021, 05:17:10 am »

I just want to say that I'm leery of treating Awaclus as conf!town, firstly because my cop result is the only reason I have to think he's town, and secondly because he popped up when the possibility of a second godfather came up and made some comment. I'm not sure if that's actually something scum!Awaclus would do but it created some doubt in my mind.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 18, 2021, 05:29:41 am »

I guess Awaclus' lack of claim plus the continued(?) twilights does point towards him being town (unless there are potential scum twilight powers I'm not aware of).

Anyways hopefully MiX is the last scum and none of this matters.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: June 18, 2021, 06:22:11 am »

Okay, yeah, there's that. I knew how my claim would look anyway.

Just remember that hypercube picking me was absolutely useless, and that's exactly what scum wants to do here.

I also want to note it pre-exile, but this game feels like it's been the least MiX-like MiX has been in some ways. I noticed it earlier, but there were definitely more pressing issues and notable players to sort out until now. This is part of why I'm pretty confident we'll see a scum flip there beyond the already discussed PoE. Which makes this ironic that I'm so sure it's MiX when it's probably the least scummy sounding he's been to my gut, but most everyone else over the last couple days has had strong reasons they are town besides MiX, hyper, and Awaclus, but with hyper's claim, it basically rules out Awaclus, leaving us with a claimed cop and a claimed 1-shot bulletproof in a game that town did have a vig of sorts.

Then there's this. Either hyper was too accurate (aka knew the alignments already) and tried to use EFHW for the cred by just trying to lone wolf it in a way or they are just town with good reads this game that helped push out 2 scum (at least).

Yeah, well, after last game I wanted to change my playstyle a bit. I was tired of trying to win and it backfiring. Now I didn't, and, well, we are winning, but no thanks to me. I guess there's merit to the fact town crushed the half of the game I wasn't in. Would I have changed anything this game? Maybe if I had defended uncle, we would've won even harder. But this game ended up being town sided because of the joth exile so who cares.

I just want to say that I'm leery of treating Awaclus as conf!town, firstly because my cop result is the only reason I have to think he's town, and secondly because he popped up when the possibility of a second godfather came up and made some comment. I'm not sure if that's actually something scum!Awaclus would do but it created some doubt in my mind.

Lol no you're gonna have to kill him.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 18, 2021, 06:34:41 am »

I copped you because my preferred exile as of last Night was glooble/scola, so scum killing them definitely simplified my reads.

It's sad that that investigation won't be useful but there's really no other option, if you're town then your read on me would lose us both the game in LxLo.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 18, 2021, 06:36:33 am »

I copped you because my preferred exile as of last Night was glooble/scola, so scum killing them definitely simplified my reads.

It's sad that that investigation won't be useful but there's really no other option, if you're town then your read on me would lose us both the game in LxLo.

...What? That's the dumbest reasoning. The masons couldn't be scum after pps flipped scum.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 18, 2021, 06:41:53 am »

Why did PPS get into all that with Glooble? It being an attempt to signal to his partners is about the only reason I can think of.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 18, 2021, 06:56:34 am »

Why did PPS get into all that with Glooble? It being an attempt to signal to his partners is about the only reason I can think of.

When, yesterday? Well, if you're town, it made you think they were partners, so there's that. I don't think it was anything other than WIFOM.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 18, 2021, 07:06:25 am »

Starting back on D4. I guess if that's what he was going for it worked on me, although that would have been an extremely subtle thing to play for - especially since it would have required the other scum to pick up on it. I am fairly positive it was an attempt to communicate something although I'm not certain what exactly.
I have sigs off.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: June 19, 2021, 01:15:49 am »

I mean, a delayed cop is already pretty nerfed compared to a regular cop, and the presence of 1 godfather already weakens it even more, 2 would make it so weak as to almost be useless in most games. So I think we can probably throw out the 2 godfather idea completely. Not saying something like a redirector couldn't be in play, but I would say the 2nd godfather thing is probably not a concern.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 19, 2021, 09:48:21 am »

Swowl, there's been a hammer!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 19, 2021, 01:49:43 pm »

Vote Count 6.3 :

MiX (3): Dylan32, EFHW, hypercube
hypercube (1): MiX
Not Voting (1): , Awaclus

With 5 alive, it took 3 to exile. 
Twilight starts now and lasts up to 24 hours.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 19, 2021, 03:25:56 pm »

@ hypercube: In our QT, post 16, you said that if joth turned out to be mafia, you would have a great deal of certainty about MiX not being mafia. What was your logic then and what happened since to change your mind?

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 19, 2021, 03:53:29 pm »

I was counting him among the people pushing joth's exile. I changed my mind about that because upon rereading I realized he wasn't actually pushing it very hard, and because scum bussing across timelines makes sense.
I have sigs off.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56  All

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.