Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130531 times)

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 4!
« Reply #1150 on: June 01, 2021, 08:41:51 pm »

My reads are not great, as far as they go: I read uncleeurope as scum, but he flipped town.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 01, 2021, 09:22:56 pm »

My reads are not great, as far as they go: I read uncleeurope as scum, but he flipped town.

So what do you think about other players? Being wrong about a read can give you info that you can use to adjust your reads on other people after the flip, so since Eddie flipped, what do you think now?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 01, 2021, 09:30:21 pm »

I left out a few times when scola randomly talked about WCS being scummy. Sorry I was skimming and I must have skipped past them, but I remember him saying WCD was scummy and me saying I didn’t see it.

Looks like it was towards the end of day 2, when scola was trying to decide who to vote for. I also expressed a scum read on you at the time, though that was based on my assumption that ash was scum and joth was town.

Thank you. That was very helpful!

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 01, 2021, 10:57:22 pm »

So Glooble and Scolapasta are either both masons or both mafiosi. I'm thinking the former is more likely, because fake mason claims are very risky.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 01, 2021, 11:58:57 pm »

So Glooble and Scolapasta are either both masons or both mafiosi. I'm thinking the former is more likely, because fake mason claims are very risky.

Normally, I'd probably agree that it's probably too risky, but the simple fact is that they were the two people that looked the worst in the entire lobby (imo) when you look at their reads (defending Joth against Ash) and being scumread by flipped town. This is exactly the game where you fake a mason claim to try to get both partners out of trouble.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: June 02, 2021, 09:11:53 am »

@Jack Rudd - Was Galzria the reason for the long twilight yesterday?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 02, 2021, 09:17:26 am »

Was anyone the reason for the long twilight yesterday? Why are you asking Jack in particular?

Forward timeline is fun. I know there's a big question of whether or not to trust the masons, but that really needs to be answered today, not tomorrow, so I'm kinda just looking from the sidelines going "yeah I hope scum is killed".

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 02, 2021, 09:20:15 am »

What do think, Mix? Trust the masons or no?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 02, 2021, 09:24:06 am »

I say flip Jack first. Then if he's not scum, we can worry about the masons tomorrow.

But honestly I'm not sure. I'm not sure at all.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 02, 2021, 10:30:21 am »

I say flip Jack first. Then if he's not scum, we can worry about the masons tomorrow.

What's the case on Jack?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 02, 2021, 10:31:45 am »

Also, I have info that comes to bear on the mason claim but I am not sure how best to bring it out. Really, that was Glooble's job and since he denies any knowledge I really just don't know how to parse that.

I'll start by claiming to have targeted Glooble both nights I could take action. He should be aware of this.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1161 on: June 02, 2021, 10:57:11 am »

Also, I have info that comes to bear on the mason claim but I am not sure how best to bring it out. Really, that was Glooble's job and since he denies any knowledge I really just don't know how to parse that.

I'll start by claiming to have targeted Glooble both nights I could take action. He should be aware of this.

PPS was either roleblocked or he's lying. I've received whatsoever at night.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1162 on: June 02, 2021, 10:58:02 am »

sorry that was meant to say "nothing whatsoever".

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1163 on: June 02, 2021, 10:59:48 am »

Also, keep in mind that if there were 2 scum in the reverse timeline, PPS is 100% scum.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1164 on: June 02, 2021, 11:05:12 am »

To clarify, the only thing in my personal QT is my role PM and my confirmation of it.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 02, 2021, 11:05:27 am »

Was anyone the reason for the long twilight yesterday? Why are you asking Jack in particular?

Forward timeline is fun. I know there's a big question of whether or not to trust the masons, but that really needs to be answered today, not tomorrow, so I'm kinda just looking from the sidelines going "yeah I hope scum is killed".

Everyone else has been around and had a chance to say if they were responsible, if that was something they thought would be a good idea to say. Galz/Jack hasn't.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 02, 2021, 12:57:36 pm »

I have no knowledge of who was responsible for the long twilight yesterday.

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 02, 2021, 02:45:13 pm »

What's the case on Jack?

The case on Galz... not on the Joth wagon.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 02, 2021, 02:51:15 pm »

What's the case on Jack?

Pretty flimsy seeing as he was on nothing due to posting nothing.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 02, 2021, 03:14:07 pm »

Hi all, been away for the long weekend (our university gave us an extra day) but am working on my way back.

So yes, I probably jumped the gun on claiming for Gloobie, because I had little to no reception where I was and wasn't sure when I'd get back and didn't want it to get too far in the day.

I think gloobie misread some of our QT because I don't see where I ever said I thought joth was town; as I never had a read for him either way. My defense of him was NEVER about whether he was town or scum, only that he what he said was being grossly misrepresented by ash. Which I still maintain is true. (and so that lead me to vote ash for a while as it felt like the kind of distraction scum might do). Eventually, I decided that the push was so hard that maybe ash could be town, and I trusted by WCD read. (and still do)

If you look back at my earlier posts you'll see I generally tended to try and throw agreement to things gloobie was saying. This was an attempt to bread crumb our masonry early.

I still read WCD as scummy and I think the mason claim has really helped that. She has had to take a stance again me, but that hurt her attempt to town read gloobie. So now she's attempting to create doubt on both of us, more that accept our claim. With no real case against me, except OMGUS because I read her as scum.

Lastly, I don't think scum!Gloobie and scumapasta would actually so strongly defend joth against ash's misrepresentations. i.e. those are much more likely coming from mason us who don't know joth's actual faction.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: June 02, 2021, 03:23:55 pm »

As an aside, why did eddie not get faust's QT (I specifically had asked that) but Jack did get Galz's?

We were given a new QT with a new title, no idea why.

Jack, did you inherit Galz QT with Ashes? If so, can you tell us what Ash had to say?
Nothing of much interest. He complained that the result of "not 2" from the how-many-scum question wasn't particularly useful.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 02, 2021, 03:27:10 pm »

As an aside, why did eddie not get faust's QT (I specifically had asked that) but Jack did get Galz's?

We were given a new QT with a new title, no idea why.

Jack, did you inherit Galz QT with Ashes? If so, can you tell us what Ash had to say?
Nothing of much interest. He complained that the result of "not 2" from the how-many-scum question wasn't particularly useful.

Probably has to do with why faust subbed out and/or that ash was dead already.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1172 on: June 02, 2021, 03:29:51 pm »

Does the fact that Eddie was telling the truth mean scum is planning their kills a night ahead? So whoever is dying tonight, scum has already picked that out?

I promise you this question is pertinent to whether I full claim right now.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 02, 2021, 03:54:12 pm »

Does the fact that Eddie was telling the truth mean scum is planning their kills a night ahead? So whoever is dying tonight, scum has already picked that out?

I promise you this question is pertinent to whether I full claim right now.

No. But it does mean there's a poisoner.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 02, 2021, 06:22:42 pm »

What's the case on Jack?

Pretty flimsy seeing as he was on nothing due to posting nothing.

Agree, but the Joth wagon and it actually getting the exile was by the skin of our teeth. Like it would have been super easy for Dylan or EFHW or I to just let it be a no exile. So easy, in fact, that it leads me to believe that we’re all town because literally each of us was pivotal. Scola defending Joth was super scummy, so if were to believe he was wrong, but not scummy, that leaves Galz. It is entirely POE, but it’s strong POE.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.