Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130466 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 4!
« Reply #1125 on: May 31, 2021, 09:20:20 am »

Surprised scum struck ash. He was sure to aid them against Glooble. Seriously considering a 3 scum loaded forward timeline at this point. Very much in VLA, though, lots of yard work yesterday and today.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 31, 2021, 09:44:09 am »

Glooble, can you tell us more about the mason claim? I don’t trust Scola at all right now, so I need more. Specifically, can he be fooling you?

Dylan and EFHW, along with Ash and I, exiled Joth. It would have been super easy for any of ten three of us to either not move votes that day and not exile Joth. If I hadn’t been completely convinced he was scum, I wouldn’t have hammered him and it would have been a no exile. Scola was voting for me (and not around)  Galz was MIA, there was literally no pressure to get an exile done. So, I’m having a hard time seeing either Dylan or EFHW as scummy.

So that leaves Galz and Scola.

The fact that Ash had his sights on Scola so vehemently makes him an odd kill for scum Scola, but Ash is also persuasive so maybe that was his only hope?

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1127 on: May 31, 2021, 12:02:53 pm »

Glooble, can you tell us more about the mason claim? I don’t trust Scola at all right now, so I need more. Specifically, can he be fooling you?

My PM says scola is guaranteed to be town.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 31, 2021, 07:19:58 pm »

I haven't even started rereading. Luckily the time pressure is non-existent today for me.

Scola and Glooble are masons? This seems like exactly the kind of gambit scum needs to win. On the other hand, I townread Glooble, so...

We should probably flip Galz first anyway.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 31, 2021, 07:22:48 pm »

I’m surprised that scum Galz wasn’t more active, but not so surprised that I won’t vote for him. I don’t trust Scola, but I do trust Gloobs.

So, voting for Galz, I guess. Or once EFHW and Dylan show up anyway.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 31, 2021, 09:41:48 pm »

Ok, sorry, but my two biggest scumreads just claimed masons together. On the bright side, now if one of you flips, the other is either IC or lock!scum, so I don't have to worry about the 1 scum in 2 possibility.

Surprised scum struck ash. He was sure to aid them against Glooble. Seriously considering a 3 scum loaded forward timeline at this point. Very much in VLA, though, lots of yard work yesterday and today.

- snip -

The fact that Ash had his sights on Scola so vehemently makes him an odd kill for scum Scola, but Ash is also persuasive so maybe that was his only hope?

So the NK victim just happened to be set that both of the people who would claim masons the next day were scum?

Scenario 1: Ash, who was somehow exactly right on Joth d2, was also exactly wrong and picked both masons as his next two scumreads and was killed despite the fact he would have had a decent amount of leverage to help push for a misexile today.

Scenario 2: Ash's reads were on point this game, got scum exiled his first day able to vote, His other reads we're accurate, so scum killed him and decided to pull the mason gambit.

One of these seems much more likely than the other.

Also, the "Ok, I guess we're claiming" post sounds much more like a scum partner that had talked about maybe trying to claim masons and being surprised their partner did than a mason who is surprised their partner is claiming. Scola's initial claim was also scummy, because their wasn't really any pressure yet to claim today. The timing feels more like scum coming in with a plan and trying to get out in front of what they felt like was coming rather than town looking for scum and then reacting to pressure.

I'm not right now just to give people time to talk, but I'm probably going to put down a vote on Scola later. Galz is a decent exile just by being off wagon on Joth, but he's so inactive it would be the single least informative exile we could have.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 31, 2021, 09:43:03 pm »

Also, that was from mobile, so pardon the typos
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 01, 2021, 12:00:39 am »

Vote Count 4.1:

Not Voting (10): EFHW, WCD, scolapasta, Jack Rudd, Dylan32, Awaclus, PPS, Glooble, hypercube, MiX

With 5 alive on the ACTIVE TIMELINE, it takes 3 to Exile.
Today, the active timeline is the FORWARD TIMELINE We will remain in the FORWARD TIMELINE until the start of Day 5.
Day 4 ends Sunday, June 6th at 4:25pm Forum Time.

*Galzria has subbed out. They have been replaced by Jack Rudd. This is effective immediately. Unless enough people say otherwise, I will be extending this day by 24 IRL hours.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 01, 2021, 12:27:52 am »

Masons? Interesting twist.  I really did think Glooble was scum. You know, scum partners are a lot like masons.  I will think about this more tomorrow.  Do you guys have daychat?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 01, 2021, 12:57:08 am »

Hi Jack! Thanks for joining!

I’ve been on a plane thinking about the mason claim. Scola knew he was going to be on the hot seat today. It a smart gambit especially if Glooble and Scola are the only scum (although I still like PPS for the fourth). Anyway, I’m less believing than I was before my flight took off after done mulling.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 01, 2021, 07:10:05 am »

Oh hey Jack. I hope you'll be less lurky than in the previous game...

To catch you up to speed, in D1 we exiled mathdude, the vengeful cop, who told us there aren't exactly two non-town in {Glooble, Awaclus, MiX, hypercube}. In D2, we exiled joth, the godfather with a 1-shot strongman. In D3, we exiled Eddie (or uncle), the 2-shot kinda-like-a-poison-doctor. And in D4, Glooble and scola claimed masons.

Oh, and the forward/reverse timeline split is {EFHW, Didds, Jack, Dylan, scola} in forward and {Glooble, Awaclus, MiX, hypercube, pps} in reverse.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1136 on: June 01, 2021, 07:18:34 am »

Of course we have daychat, our timeline QT is our Mason QT.

Ash agreed with me about Uncle by the way, so he wasn’t infallible. Also, part of my reason for pushing Uncle was “dead townies all scumread him” and we all saw how that turned out.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1137 on: June 01, 2021, 07:20:07 am »

My surprise at scola claiming was that I had just kind of suggested we claim today and before he even responded to the suggestion in the QT he just sorta did it.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 01, 2021, 08:19:37 am »

@Glooble and scola: It would help if you could recount your conversations, in paraphrase of course.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1139 on: June 01, 2021, 09:01:39 am »

@Glooble and scola: It would help if you could recount your conversations, in paraphrase of course.

Can't do that without claiming the rest of our role, and I'm really not sure that's the pro-town thing to do.

He/ Him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: June 01, 2021, 10:13:05 am »

Glooble, would you say anything of note has taken place for you on the past two reverse timeline nights?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1141 on: June 01, 2021, 11:14:31 am »

Glooble, would you say anything of note has taken place for you on the past two reverse timeline nights?

No.

He/ Him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 01, 2021, 12:06:54 pm »

No.

That seems highly suspicious to me. though. The weird bit is that even if you were scum you'd still have not much reason to deny it.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 01, 2021, 12:53:28 pm »

Well, hello there. I think I have some idea what's going on.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 01, 2021, 03:23:50 pm »

Jack, did you inherit Galz QT with Ashes? If so, can you tell us what Ash had to say?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 01, 2021, 03:31:40 pm »

Jack, did you inherit Galz QT with Ashes? If so, can you tell us what Ash had to say?
Nothing of much interest. He complained that the result of "not 2" from the how-many-scum question wasn't particularly useful.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 01, 2021, 07:47:42 pm »

Well, hello there. I think I have some idea what's going on.

What's going on?
I have sigs off.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 01, 2021, 07:52:10 pm »

Can't do that without claiming the rest of our role, and I'm really not sure that's the pro-town thing to do.

I'm not sure how to take this. There's no towny attempt to be helpful here. I'm trying to give you a chance to show me you're town.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1148 on: June 01, 2021, 08:19:46 pm »

I'm not sure how to take this. There's no towny attempt to be helpful here. I'm trying to give you a chance to show me you're town.

Okay. I’ll try. The first 15 posts in our QT are a discussion of the other half of our role, which I’m not going to claim yet, and how we should modify our playstyle to accommodate it. After that we talk about how neither of our flavor names are characters in the film Memento and that’s kinda weird. We decide we should bring that up in the thread early so people don’t use it as a reason to scumread us later (which we do.)

Then we talk about whether mathdude is acting too scummy to be scum (this is when mathdude was trying to get exiled. Then we spend some time debating different guesses for mathdude’s power, before settling on 0. That’s an entire page. During the night, we speculate about who scum is gonna kill. Possibilities are me, you, and Galz.

Then there’s a whole page of us agreeing that joth is probably town and ash is probably scum. At one point I say I think they are both town but then I go back to scumreading ash again. Scola laments taking a nap and not being there for the deadline.  We talk about how embarrassing joth’s flip was and if that means I’m getting exiled the next day. We discuss the circumstances under which we would want to claim each half of our role. I complain that Swowl is very late reopening the thread.

I express my overwhelming certainty that Eddie is scum. I express my shock that Eddie is town. I tell scola I think we should soft claim today. Scola says “oops I claimed”. I ask scola if we should claim the other half. Scola has not yet answered.

And that’s the best recap of the thread that I can give you.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1149 on: June 01, 2021, 08:24:30 pm »

I left out a few times when scola randomly talked about WCS being scummy. Sorry I was skimming and I must have skipped past them, but I remember him saying WCD was scummy and me saying I didn’t see it.

Looks like it was towards the end of day 2, when scola was trying to decide who to vote for. I also expressed a scum read on you at the time, though that was based on my assumption that ash was scum and joth was town.

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.