Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130479 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 3!
« Reply #875 on: May 24, 2021, 07:51:44 am »

Looks like E-2 if I'm reading right. There's no hurry though. I just went all in on one side of a 1 v 1 and it went badly for me so I want to do my due diligence this time, which means looking at Eddie's Day 2 and today and also giving pps the same amount of scrutiny. But currently I'm feeling pretty good about an Eddie exile, vague doctor claim or no.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #876 on: May 24, 2021, 09:11:33 am »

I personally would've killed Eddie

Is this a breadcrumb from chairs?

Did he die because scum thought he had a result on Eddie?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #877 on: May 24, 2021, 09:19:24 am »

Yeah, 2 was a bit... Optimistic.

I think the goal was that now we "know" (by attempting to Meta a set-up, which is terrifying) that PPS/Me/Chairs has a bad guy in it.

Which is great for me.

Not so much for anyone else.

Does scum!Eddie state this assumption before anyone else? This is a legit question, I can see both angles.

I can’t read ash.

It is annoying me.

Joth has definitely been raising my eyebrows all game. No idea what to make of him.

Now that they are opposed makes me even more annoyed.

Trying to distance himself from joth or expression a legit scum read? Reads more like distancing to me but I worry about confirmation bias.

You guys can imagine me voting for Joth right now, if it helps.

See above. Bussing seems very safe when you are a tree stump, but what more could he do if he were town?

I feel like I need to step on in here a bit, (this being from someone with little trust for Joth, and a lack of understanding of who the heck ashersky is as a player)

If it ain’t Joth/Ash in this timeline, who is it?

That is a question we should at least spend a day on, right?

But now he wants to back away from the one on one. Which scum would definitely prefer to 50/50 chance of a scum exile.
I will say that Joth has been acting slightly more townie in private than he has in the main thread.

Not much, but enough that I found it worth mentioning.

The main issue I am having is that both versions of a Joth would be frustrated at Ash right now.

I guess I feel pretty confident that Ash and Joth ain’t scum buddies, but that’s it.

Now that a joth exile is looking more and more likely, he's trying to sow doubt.

How exactly has joth been acting more townie in the QT? He doesn't say. And today, when I asked him what had happened in his QT with joth, this is what he said:

How active was your QT with joth?

Did he say anything there that might be useful?

I asked for a recap of what he said with Faust, he said they claimed timelines and nothing else.

I then went silent.

When I said I scumread my QT partner he asked why while saying he town read me, then there was a long pause. He asked if We could come up with something to do in the QT so as not to waste it, I recommended chess, he said he wasn’t experienced enough with chess to do that, (long pause) then he ranted about how anyone could see Ash as townier than him, and then I asked if I could put that we were partners. (He said yes.)

Where exactly is the part where joth is acting townier? (serious question for Eddie.)

Everyone else, please weigh in on the chairs breadcumb question above.

I have to get back to my job now.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #878 on: May 24, 2021, 09:20:48 am »

Ugh I really want to just vote for Eddie.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #879 on: May 24, 2021, 09:22:04 am »

Can somebody else ISO pps and post the juicy bits?

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #880 on: May 24, 2021, 09:27:58 am »

I will say that Joth has been acting slightly more townie in private than he has in the main thread.

Not much, but enough that I found it worth mentioning.

The main issue I am having is that both versions of a Joth would be frustrated at Ash right now.

I guess I feel pretty confident that Ash and Joth ain’t scum buddies, but that’s it.

Can you say more about how joth is being towny?

Eh, his interactions with me have been minimal, but his frustration seems genuine.

But it’s hard to say.

He seems bewildered as to how I (or anyone) could possibly see Ash as Townier than him.

It’s hard to say, I haven’t had the best track record at reading Joth.

He also did claim to be a scummy role to me few days ago, so his fakeclaim was either figured out days ago, or it isn’t fake.

I honestly can’t make heads or tails of him.

I scum leaned him day 1, but his posts to me directly have left me closer to null.

Make of that what you will.

I find value in at least setting up some cases for others today.

Okay, I stopped my ISO too soon.

Emphasis mine. Really interesting that Eddie didn't mention the claim in his recap of the QT to me today. This is a scum slip. Sorry, it just is. You don't mention playing chess in the QT and forget about a claim. This is a thing you do when you are making up a fake QT because the real one is your scum QT.

vote: Eddie

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #881 on: May 24, 2021, 09:31:29 am »

That's E-1, by the way.

He/ Him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 24, 2021, 09:49:04 am »

You are claiming something exists that should scare town into keeping you alive that cannot be verified in any way whatsoever. You suggest that flipping you would give a black and white resolution to that existence but it hinges upon you having claimed it to begin with. The point of my clarification is that were you to be NK'd with no chance to claim town would still be unaware of a poison element. This seems unlikely to me unless another town can come forward to confirm additional knowledge of poisoning.

Your suggestion about how I must be scum for seeing through this fallacy is the real scumread pivot. You've gone from reluctantly voting me out of self preservation to seeking veiled substantiation to convince others into it as well.

Of course, if you flipped town we'd be forced to believe the poison element whether we could otherwise see it or not. Acting as if I can't grok that and that makes me scum is blatantly disingenuous and an obvious scum ploy.

Vote: Eddie

I (and you) have no reason to assume that another town knows about poison.

Wasn’t trying to scare town, I honestly have no intention of using the protective aspect of my role. The other half is more fun.

Me flipping will give Town this info:

Green: My role has the word “poison” in it.

Red: My role may or may not have he word “poison” in it.

Why did you ask me whether my flip would confirm poison? If green, it doesn’t matter, and if Red it doesn’t matter. My answer it irrelevant always.

(All replies to the next few posts will be on my phone, as with this entire game)
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 24, 2021, 09:51:50 am »

Looks like E-2 if I'm reading right. There's no hurry though. I just went all in on one side of a 1 v 1 and it went badly for me so I want to do my due diligence this time, which means looking at Eddie's Day 2 and today and also giving pps the same amount of scrutiny. But currently I'm feeling pretty good about an Eddie exile, vague doctor claim or no.

Hahaha

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 24, 2021, 09:53:21 am »

I personally would've killed Eddie

Is this a breadcrumb from chairs?

Did he die because scum thought he had a result on Eddie?

No. Even if I thought that, I wouldn’t kill him, I would duel him with words. I don’t like killing people who suspect me, it’s boring.

(I actually can’t remember the quote, was that about a NK or Execution?)

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: May 24, 2021, 09:55:45 am »

The towny bit in Joth’s QT was outrage at Ash being seen as townier Jan him. It was one post, I didn’t mention it because I never told him
It was townier, so it wasn’t in my QT. But if you look at my post about him being townier in the QT you can see that. It’s right there.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 24, 2021, 09:58:03 am »

I really hate that I’m Town reading Glooble right now.

Does scum Glooble be emphatically wrong two days in a row? I don’t think so. It’s bad for the ol’ image.

I would still say PPS/Cube if I had to guess.

Uncleeurope Eddie

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 24, 2021, 10:00:27 am »

...were you to be NK'd with no chance to claim town would still be unaware of a poison element. This seems unlikely to me...

Why did you ask me whether my flip would confirm poison? If green, it doesn’t matter, and if Red it doesn’t matter. My answer it irrelevant always.

Bolded portion is my answer already. I have played with arsonists and bombers and in most cases it's ideal for the defusers to claim only when pressed so they aren't removed leaving the attackers unchecked. The huge upside being that if they flip without a chance to claim the presence of a delayed threat is still telegraphed. It's bad design to try to make the claim/no claim pressure cut both ways.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 24, 2021, 10:02:12 am »

My title is “Insulin Doctor” don’t know what to tell you man, I didn’t design this game.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 24, 2021, 10:06:54 am »

My title is “Insulin Doctor” don’t know what to tell you man, I didn’t design this game.

Eh, I’ll give it all, I don’t mind, it’s cool to talk about anyway. I’m actually quite poised here, because I can kill and scum will want to keep me alive.

Sammy here:
I am a 2-shot Poison doctor that will kill any player I use both shots (heh) on.

That’s it, full stop.

Wanted to wait to use my power until I knew who to kill. (So I haven’t used it yet)

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #890 on: May 24, 2021, 10:07:26 am »

Why would an insulin doctor be in the reverse timeline? In the movie the insulin thing was in the black-and-white portion, which was being told in order. The colored portion was in reverse order. So wouldn't an insulin doctor, if there was one, be in the forward timeline?

He/ Him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 24, 2021, 10:10:19 am »

@Glooble

I can’t pull it because of phone posting, but can you grab the post where I said to kill Joth anyway and to keep WCD alive?

It’s annoying too, because with me out of the picture mis-killing WCD will be easier tomorrow.

It’s possible she is faking it, but she did a town tell for her.

I could be wrong, though.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 24, 2021, 10:10:45 am »

A poison doctor that...poisons. Huh. Interesting claim.

Why would an insulin doctor be in the reverse timeline? In the movie the insulin thing was in the black-and-white portion, which was being told in order. The colored portion was in reverse order. So wouldn't an insulin doctor, if there was one, be in the forward timeline?

What if there's 2?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 24, 2021, 10:12:01 am »

I 100% agree with you. I also shouldn’t have that power, and yet here I am.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 24, 2021, 10:14:23 am »

Hi, MiX! You gunna kill me in a sec?

Uncleeurope Eddie

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Starts Tuesday!
« Reply #895 on: May 24, 2021, 10:14:33 am »

Glooble's case against Eddie is pretty strong IMO. I wanted to reread faust so here are some thoughts on him:

One clear downside of timeline claiming is that it allows scum to target the PRs that can be active that Night with roleblocking, killing etc.

So here is my plan: noone votes. Instead, we use italics to Vote: xy. I agree to do vote count for italic votes. If a majority of living players agrees on an exile, then the people in the active timeline try to exile them. Otherwise, there will be no exile.

Note that scum has been killing exclusively in the inactive timeline. I think the timeline-obscuring plan was always kind of a dead end, it's not even possible to keep a majority of people's timelines secret while exiling. Also as mathdude pointed out later knowing timelines helps town PRs too.

And faust was clearly thinking about town PRs:

Your plan throws away 2 days of voting if we decide on the second day that we want to exile someone of the non-active timeline (and 1 day regardless). By that time, why would it be easier to kill scum? We would just be thinning our numbers.
It would be easier because this is an RMM with supercharged investigative PRs.

The statement about supercharged investigative PRs seemed kind of scummy and so I asked faust about it:

It would be easier because this is an RMM with supercharged investigative PRs.

Also re. faust - what is this? Either it's creating WIFOM for no obvious reason or it's rolefishing bait. Feels scummy to me in any case.
Every investigative role has a QT, i.e. they can share their results without having to claim.

I didn't realize this at the time but this is kind of a contradiction, investigative roles having QTs makes them stronger but not so much in a way that helps exiling scum D2. Anyways, given that the NKs do seem to be trying hard to avoid town PRs (which could easily have been planned out N0, especially if faust is on the team), I think faust's play seems scummy in retrospect.

PPE a bunch
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #896 on: May 24, 2021, 10:16:27 am »

OK, I'm switching my vote to see if this goes anywhere:

Vote: WCD

Scola, this is a bad idea. I know we have been at odds in the last few games, but this isn’t one of them. At the very least, odds would have us on the together this game so trust that even if you don’t trust me.

Okay, I’m willing to trust you.

Didds is town.

Glad we got that sorted early.

At least one productive thing happened today.

I am now happier with Joth’s death than Didds’.

This one?

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 24, 2021, 10:17:56 am »

Lol no, it's like 4 days til EoD.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 24, 2021, 10:19:34 am »

OK, I'm switching my vote to see if this goes anywhere:

Vote: WCD

Scola, this is a bad idea. I know we have been at odds in the last few games, but this isn’t one of them. At the very least, odds would have us on the together this game so trust that even if you don’t trust me.

Okay, I’m willing to trust you.

Didds is town.

Glad we got that sorted early.

At least one productive thing happened today.

I am now happier with Joth’s death than Didds’.

This one?

Lol no, it's like 4 days til EoD.

You guys are the best.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 24, 2021, 10:20:08 am »

What do you guys have to say about Ash and Didds TRing me?

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.