Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130746 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #625 on: May 18, 2021, 09:55:54 am »

Can no one else see him scrambling?

Announcing E-1 is standard practice here, it has been since I started playing here.

I don't buy for one second that ash places a vote without thinking about the size of the wagon, as either alignment.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 18, 2021, 10:24:32 am »

@ash, what's your real reason for tunneling joth? The "he said there are absolutely 2 scum per timeline" argument hasn't made sense to anyone.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 18, 2021, 10:28:13 am »

@ash, what's your real reason for tunneling joth? The "he said there are absolutely 2 scum per timeline" argument hasn't made sense to anyone.

I like this question.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 18, 2021, 10:29:18 am »

unvote while waiting for his answer.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 18, 2021, 10:59:37 am »

So let's see if I understand what's happening...ash and joth are in a 1v1 caused by ash, ash wants joth dead, joth doesn't want to die and is pushing ash as self-pres, EFHW was voting joth, Glooble is chainsaw defending joth by pushing both ash and EFHW, Dylan wants to hammer, scola...something to do with Didds, Uncle is mediating...hmm, pps is scumreading joth? Is that everyone relevant?

When's deadline?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 18, 2021, 11:01:36 am »

So let's see if I understand what's happening...ash and joth are in a 1v1 caused by ash, ash wants joth dead, joth doesn't want to die and is pushing ash as self-pres, EFHW was voting joth, Glooble is chainsaw defending joth by pushing both ash and EFHW, Dylan wants to hammer, scola...something to do with Didds, Uncle is mediating...hmm, pps is scumreading joth? Is that everyone relevant?

When's deadline?

Yes. Deadline is later today at 4:55
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 18, 2021, 11:04:20 am »

When's deadline?

Yes. Deadline is later today at 4:55

In 6 hours? Damn.

Yeah joth should be flipped, a lot of the day has been around him, and not in a townie way.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 18, 2021, 11:11:55 am »

This is essentially asking for a claim, tho, let's drop the pretense. I really prefer to trust our town PRs when they are self evident without forcing obvlaims for scum to work around.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 18, 2021, 11:14:08 am »

This is essentially asking for a claim, tho, let's drop the pretense. I really prefer to trust our town PRs when they are self evident without forcing obvlaims for scum to work around.

It's actually nothing, because ash couldn't do an action N1.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 18, 2021, 11:40:25 am »

OK, I'm switching my vote to see if this goes anywhere:

Vote: WCD

Scola, this is a bad idea. I know we have been at odds in the last few games, but this isn’t one of them. At the very least, odds would have us on the together this game so trust that even if you don’t trust me.

Odds don't really work that way, assuming you mean because we have been on opposite sides the last few games.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 18, 2021, 11:43:40 am »

So all these joth voters - are you committed to vote ash D4 as was the suggested 1v1?

If not, then whatever. If you're going to vote on the manufactured 1v1 you should vote for the one who manufactured it.

I still don't get why ash did that (either as town or scum*), have asked, and gotten no suitable answer.

* unless it's the get joth exiled and swing away from getting voted D4, hence my opening question

I'm currently more inclined to think WCD and EFHW are scum, to be honest.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 18, 2021, 11:45:20 am »

So all these joth voters - are you committed to vote ash D4 as was the suggested 1v1?

If not, then whatever. If you're going to vote on the manufactured 1v1 you should vote for the one who manufactured it.

I still don't get why ash did that (either as town or scum*), have asked, and gotten no suitable answer.

* unless it's the get joth exiled and swing away from getting voted D4, hence my opening question

And for those wondering why, no great reason, which is why I'm not making a case against either of them. Just my gut, which is enough for me for a psuedo D1.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 18, 2021, 12:06:30 pm »

WCD? Nah...

EFHW? Maybe?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 18, 2021, 12:15:40 pm »

Prod request: Galz
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 18, 2021, 12:50:27 pm »

When you say " all these Joth voters", you mean me and Ash, and for awhile EFHW.  There isn't a bevy of people you're talking about.  I voted for Joth in my testing the FT people, but I kept my vote on him because of the way that he responded to Ash, and especially because of Glooble's super-vigorous defense which I think is VERY STRANGE and not at all townie unless Glooble know something he isn't telling us.  I am not at all interested in the 1v1 other than the reaction that it has provoked.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 18, 2021, 12:52:48 pm »

OK, I'm switching my vote to see if this goes anywhere:

Vote: WCD

Scola, this is a bad idea. I know we have been at odds in the last few games, but this isn’t one of them. At the very least, odds would have us on the together this game so trust that even if you don’t trust me.

Odds don't really work that way, assuming you mean because we have been on opposite sides the last few games.

There are more town than scum. It seems like there is a better chance that we are both town than not. But numbers are not my jam. I was really just saying we have lots of reasons to distrust one another since we have each been engaged in active deception for the last 6 weeks, but its not helpful in this game for us to start from that place.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 18, 2021, 12:55:15 pm »

Same as Didds here. The 1:1 is not why I voted joth. I was scumreading him before then. I unvoted to incentivize ash to actually spell out a reason that makes sense, which would help me to townread ash and continue on my way.

Glooble's defense has become so out there that his being partners with joth is seeming less likely.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 18, 2021, 12:56:04 pm »

Well, those 3 and whoever (Dylan?) turns out to be the hammer. My point is if we exile joth and he's town, and then don't follow through with Ash, then scum!ash gets exactly what he wants.

Part of why I decided not to be part of the 1v1 anymore (but if I switch back, will vote for the one who manufactured it)

What is so strange about Gloobie's defense of joth? And why not mine as well. I think both of us have basically said the defense is not based on knowing joth is town, but on the fact that the attacks on him are completely made up BS.

It's like if I said, I'm voting for WCD because on D1 she flat out said "I am scum". So everyone should vote for her, because she said that and this game is so easy. (and yes this is an exaggeration, but not by much)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 18, 2021, 01:16:13 pm »

It's actually nothing, because ash couldn't do an action N1.

Solid argument, can't disagree there. Wish someone had brought that up earlier, haha. I was literally assuming Joth to be scum because ash made a statement suggesting he had results. My brain didn't fill in that blank, though. Was the rest of my analysis deeply colored by that assumption? Yes. Is it thus wrong? Not necessarily.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 18, 2021, 01:27:54 pm »

Huh, interesting unvote there, EFHW.

From BSG season 1:

Also, everyone assuming exactly 3 cylon-aligned, or most likely it's three, or whatever, just stop.

14 players opens up a lot of space.  With third parties and RMM interactions, I'd put the minimum at 4 and maximum at 6.5 non-town players.  How many of those are Cylon-aligned?  Can't know what unless you are cylon-aligned, and maybe not even then.

Using these assumptions only serves to obfuscate.

At least Ash is consistent. In that moment of BSG, no one really made a big deal about this, so it didn't become a main point in the conversation, so I don't think this was something scum!Ash would have thought of to be like, "Hey, I made that comment last game as town, I should go all in on this view to look like my town self."
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 18, 2021, 01:28:45 pm »

What is so strange about Gloobie's defense of joth? And why not mine as well. I think both of us have basically said the defense is not based on knowing joth is town, but on the fact that the attacks on him are completely made up BS.

For me, it's his degree of certainty.  Most of the RT people are about as active as the FT line people were yesterday, with the exception of Glooble who is ALL IN on team Joth. I think it reads much like more like he has a result than he is a partner.  Which maybe is a reason to move my vote, but I wish that Joth was making arguments with the same vigor of Glooble.

I like Ash's idea of a Western-style shoot out in terms of its metaphor, but I don't see that it makes him or Joth necessarily scum. If I am going to switch my vote today...I am willing to vote for Galz, since we wouldn't be losing much if he's he's town and there is at least some chance he is scum.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 18, 2021, 01:32:09 pm »

Huh, interesting unvote there, EFHW.

From BSG season 1:

Also, everyone assuming exactly 3 cylon-aligned, or most likely it's three, or whatever, just stop.

14 players opens up a lot of space.  With third parties and RMM interactions, I'd put the minimum at 4 and maximum at 6.5 non-town players.  How many of those are Cylon-aligned?  Can't know what unless you are cylon-aligned, and maybe not even then.

Using these assumptions only serves to obfuscate.

At least Ash is consistent. In that moment of BSG, no one really made a big deal about this, so it didn't become a main point in the conversation, so I don't think this was something scum!Ash would have thought of to be like, "Hey, I made that comment last game as town, I should go all in on this view to look like my town self."

In that example, it was not only reasonable to assume 3 (as a starting point, which is all we are saying here), it also proved to be correct.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #647 on: May 18, 2021, 01:34:51 pm »

For me, it's his degree of certainty.  Most of the RT people are about as active as the FT line people were yesterday, with the exception of Glooble who is ALL IN on team Joth. I think it reads much like more like he has a result than he is a partner.  Which maybe is a reason to move my vote, but I wish that Joth was making arguments with the same vigor of Glooble.

I like Ash's idea of a Western-style shoot out in terms of its metaphor, but I don't see that it makes him or Joth necessarily scum. If I am going to switch my vote today...I am willing to vote for Galz, since we wouldn't be losing much if he's he's town and there is at least some chance he is scum.

This might just be a twin thing? I'm going to feel very dumb if joth flips scum, but I don't have a "joth is town" result. It's just a really strong gut feeling about a player I know pretty well. It could absolutely be wrong.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 18, 2021, 01:36:01 pm »

Right, so my comment isn't about the accuracy of the comment, but merely that town!Ash made a similar assertion last game as to what he did here.

ppe 1
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 18, 2021, 01:37:48 pm »

I get that.

If we are looking at ash actions from that game though, let's also remember how sold he was on his plan to exile himself and how pr town that would be, only to later find out a) it would not really have been, b) he thought he was recruitable scum.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.