Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130590 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #475 on: May 13, 2021, 06:12:44 pm »

How do we have this little activity in a game where 14 people are alive?

I can't vote, and it doesn't seem like there's anything else I could do that would benefit town at the moment. I guess I could try to play some kind of WIFOM against scum in some way but they have more information than I do, and I have no reason to feel confident I'm that much better at the game than they are. So, as far as I can tell, for the time being it's for the best if I just keep my thoughts to myself.

What's your opinion on ash's plan? Who do you think is scummier between joth and ash? How many scum do you think there are in each timeline?

Is there more to ash's plan than just exiling either him or joth today? I've read the game but it's a bit hard to follow under the side effects of 40 mg of cetirizine, so if someone could summarize it in as few words as possible, that would be nice.

That's how I read the plan; with the addition that if wrong, exile the other tomorrow. Seems like a 1v1 you'd get with two claimed Cops in a gme with only 1. Except it's not really built on any such reasoning. Just reads. (unless I missed something)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 13, 2021, 06:27:36 pm »

EFHW, what are your thoughts on Ash’s Wild West shootout?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #477 on: May 13, 2021, 06:36:46 pm »

That's how I read the plan; with the addition that if wrong, exile the other tomorrow. Seems like a 1v1 you'd get with two claimed Cops in a gme with only 1. Except it's not really built on any such reasoning. Just reads. (unless I missed something)

Okay, then it's an awful plan.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 13, 2021, 07:24:45 pm »

How do we have this little activity in a game where 14 people are alive?

I can't vote, and it doesn't seem like there's anything else I could do that would benefit town at the moment. I guess I could try to play some kind of WIFOM against scum in some way but they have more information than I do, and I have no reason to feel confident I'm that much better at the game than they are. So, as far as I can tell, for the time being it's for the best if I just keep my thoughts to myself.

What's your opinion on ash's plan? Who do you think is scummier between joth and ash? How many scum do you think there are in each timeline?

Is there more to ash's plan than just exiling either him or joth today? I've read the game but it's a bit hard to follow under the side effects of 40 mg of cetirizine, so if someone could summarize it in as few words as possible, that would be nice.

Except it’s not tomorrow. It’s the day after tomorrow. An eternity in mafia time after which everyone will have forgotten the plan.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 13, 2021, 09:02:29 pm »

Ash used some specific terminology that suggests he may have some info on Joth. Maybe he got it from a QT partner? At any rate, he promised some showdown action so I am awaiting his return fire. He definitely acted as if the other play was a diversion so surely he wouldn't be diverting things himself?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 13, 2021, 10:06:30 pm »

You guys can imagine me voting for Joth right now, if it helps.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 13, 2021, 10:07:31 pm »

Vote Count 2.3:

Ashersky (2): Joth, scolapasta
Joth (1): WCD

Not Voting (11): EFHW, Ashersky, Dylan, Galzria, MiX, Eddie, chairs, hypercube, Glooble, PPS, Awaclus

With 7 alive on the ACTIVE TIMELINE, it takes 4 to Exile.
Day 2 starts now and ends Tuesday, May 18th at 4:55pm Forum Time.

Today the active timeline is the FORWARD TIMELINE We will remain in the FORWARD TIMELINE until the start of Day 3.
Only players from the currently active timeline may vote, or be voted for.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 12:11:46 am by Swowl »
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 13, 2021, 11:18:37 pm »

Vote Count 2.3:

scolapasta(1): WCD

Not Voting (11): EFHW, Ashersky, Dylan, Galzria, MiX, Eddie, chairs, hypercube, Glooble, PPS, Awaclus

Today the active timeline is the FORWARD TIMELINE We will remain in the FORWARD TIMELINE until the start of Day 3.

Again, can you double check:

Why me? we already saw I can vote this timeline:

Vote Count 2.1:

Galzria (1): scolapasta

My bad. Vote: Joth
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 13, 2021, 11:38:52 pm »

EFHW, what are your thoughts on Ash’s Wild West shootout?
I think joth is scummy, but the shoot out idea just seems like drama. I don't believe ash answered my question, which is kind of scummy. But I need to double check that.

ashersky being insulted by the 2 non town on each timeline theory is perplexing. I thought Glooble's logic on the subject made sense.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 13, 2021, 11:41:58 pm »

I had the same thought as pps that they might both be scum. Them fighting is a replay of the last game. Maybe they're trying to use that somehow.

OR

@ash and joth, are either of you carrying a grudge from the last gane?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2021, 11:43:41 pm »

vote: joth

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 14, 2021, 12:10:52 am »

Vote Count 2.3:

Joth(1): WCD

VC 2.3 corrected. Don't do VCs at work kids...
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 14, 2021, 01:10:55 am »

I had the same thought as pps that they might both be scum. Them fighting is a replay of the last game. Maybe they're trying to use that somehow.

OR

What was your question?

I don't remember what I would carry a grudge for.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 14, 2021, 01:13:25 am »

What was joth's lie?

How are  you so sure joth is not town?

This one?  I hadn't responded to any posts since you asked this, so it isn't bad that I didn't respond yet.

I'm so sure that I am town.  He threw shade my way first, so I'm responding.  I do think that pressing on with the "exactly two non-town per timeline is the only possible setup that we should consider here and all other thoughts are anti-town" line of thinking is absolutely what mafia does in this situation, and that's what it appears to me that joth (and Glooble) are doing.  MiX is halfheartedly playing that game, which seems less anti-town than normal for him, so I don't know what that means.

So, joth's posts on this matter have be convinced he is non-town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 14, 2021, 01:14:50 am »

I'll put it down officially: that was definitely a terrible use of mathdude's power and it was a complete waste of time.

We know that exactly 0, 1, 3, or 4 of the following set of players is non-town: Glooble, Awaclus, MiX, hypercube, mathdude

We got a mathdude, flip, so now we know that exactly 0, 1, 3, or 4 of the following set of players is non-town: Glooble, Awaclus, MiX, hypercube

I mean...how is that useful in any meaningful way?

The argument for 0 was that we at least removed the single option that was different, in that it assured us of something, a guarantee that mafia was in the set.  We don't even have that.

I guess the argument was betting on 2 was the best chance at a big payout?  Like various odds at the craps table?  Man, that didn't work out.

You can really read this as scum actually being worried about the info we gained from math's power and rushing in first thing in the day to throw smoke up and discredit it.

That's what I was trying to say. Thank you for saying it in a clearer way.

Here's where I specifically see joth and Glooble tied together.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 14, 2021, 01:17:23 am »

Honestly, ash's comment really rubs me the wrong way. In addition to being wrong, it's combative and AtE.

vote: ash

Here's a post in which joth states unequivocally that the 2 non-town per timeline hypothesis is perfect and unquestionable.

Wrong is a binary adjective here (am I using the right descriptor?).  There's only wrong and right, no other options, is what I mean.  As he declares I am wrong, he is declaring also that what I am wrong about is right.  Not probable, not likely, not more reasonable.  Right.  Correct.  Exact.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 14, 2021, 01:19:46 am »

Absolutely no one is saying this is an absolute truth. That's a flimsy strawman and you know it. We're saying this is a reasonable assumption to work off of in the absence of more or better information.

Straight up lie.  I just quoted you saying it is an absolute truth.

Exile All Liars.  I mean, that's never been a thing that anyone follows, but still.

You are NOT saying it is a reasonable assumption to work off of.  You 100% said I was wrong, which can only be predicated on the 2 non-town theory being right.

Or do you plan on walking back your previous statement all of a sudden when you've been caught in a lie of epic proportions?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 14, 2021, 01:24:32 am »

To ensure you can't try to escape this argument, breaking down your language further, you use "in addition to being wrong..."  That phrasing is clearly meant to show that my "wrongness" is self-evident and obvious, without need for further discussion.  Everyone can see he's wrong, but there's also these other things...is what you were writing.

That does not track at all with an argument that what I am arguing against "is a reasonable assumption to work off of in the absence of more or better information."

So, within a very short space of time, you contradicted yourself.  You made one assertion, I called you out on it and drew attention to you, and you immediately tried to back track and paint yourself in a better light.

Note, I am only using your own posts to make this point.  These are your words, not mine.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 14, 2021, 09:14:16 am »

Honestly, ash's comment really rubs me the wrong way. In addition to being wrong, it's combative and AtE.

vote: ash

Here's a post in which joth states unequivocally that the 2 non-town per timeline hypothesis is perfect and unquestionable.

Wrong is a binary adjective here (am I using the right descriptor?).  There's only wrong and right, no other options, is what I mean.  As he declares I am wrong, he is declaring also that what I am wrong about is right.  Not probable, not likely, not more reasonable.  Right.  Correct.  Exact.

woweee what a stretch. Ok. I didn't know this was going to become a debate about what words mean.

You can ACTUALLY use wrong to refer to opinions, i.e.

ash: McDonalds is way better than Burger King
joth: You are so wrong

In that situation no one would ever assume I was making a hard factual assertion about the relative merits of fast food. They would assume I was emphatically stating my differing opinion. Which is the sense in which I was using it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 14, 2021, 09:17:54 am »

To ensure you can't try to escape this argument, breaking down your language further, you use "in addition to being wrong..."  That phrasing is clearly meant to show that my "wrongness" is self-evident and obvious, without need for further discussion.  Everyone can see he's wrong, but there's also these other things...is what you were writing.

That does not track at all with an argument that what I am arguing against "is a reasonable assumption to work off of in the absence of more or better information."

So, within a very short space of time, you contradicted yourself.  You made one assertion, I called you out on it and drew attention to you, and you immediately tried to back track and paint yourself in a better light.

Note, I am only using your own posts to make this point.  These are your words, not mine.

this post basically fall apart once your claim that "wrong = factual assertion" is dismissed. But man, oh man, to read my posts the way you want to read them you kind of have to make up your own whole version of English.

Let me just add that you misunderstanding me and me clarifying is actually not the same as me backtracking.

What's really irking me here is that it is SO OBVIOUS that you are not arguing with me in good faith. You're just trying to gotcha me. It's pathetic and transparent, and it honestly boggles my mind that people are buying it.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 14, 2021, 09:18:36 am »

"exactly two non-town per timeline is the only possible setup that we should consider here and all other thoughts are anti-town"

Another thing that NO ONE BUT YOU HAS SAID.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 14, 2021, 09:19:24 am »

There's no need. I have a fresh nw grudge to carry from this game.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 14, 2021, 09:21:59 am »

Who do you think is scum?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 14, 2021, 09:43:59 am »

Who do you think is scum?

I do think ash is scum simply because this seems so much to me like a bad faith argument, and those come from scum.

I was scumreading Glooble yesterday but now less so.

I need to do a proper reread and do some real scumhunting instead of letting ash distract me with his BS. Perhaps I'll have time today.

He/him

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 14, 2021, 10:31:44 am »

Vote: ash

Bold for emphasis even though I'm a tree stump during this timeline
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.