Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130486 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2021, 12:05:44 am »

It definitely helps prove the point.

We know that one of us is telling the truth and one of us is lying.  We sort that out, and a number of things fall into place.

I mean, I know already, but others may need to be convinced.  So once we show that it was joth lying via exile, we also implicate Glooble, and can up the suspicion on others who supported the mathdude gambit.  I'd put MiX in that pile.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2021, 12:07:53 am »

I'd put some parameters on this, though.

All players agree to only vote for one of the two (joth or me).
All players can and should participate in making and refuting cases on both.
No hammers until whichever player gets to E-1 first has a chance to claim/not claim/etc.

If we choose wrong, we should just agree to exile the other on D4.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2021, 12:10:58 am »

Again, I think we need unanimous consent on this one from active timeline players.

I confirm.

(In addition to exiling non-town joth, I think this helps move the game forward during this awkward repeat of a D1.)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2021, 12:13:10 am »

We know that one of us is telling the truth and one of us is lying.  We sort that out, and a number of things fall into place.

I mean, I know already, but others may need to be convinced.  So once we show that it was joth lying via exile, we also implicate Glooble, and can up the suspicion on others who supported the mathdude gambit.  I'd put MiX in that pile.

Why does this implicate gloobie?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2021, 12:45:47 am »

Joth v Ashersky needs to be a go

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 13, 2021, 12:51:25 am »

What the heck?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 13, 2021, 07:27:34 am »

What was joth's lie?

How are  you so sure joth is not town?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 13, 2021, 07:49:27 am »

Who's lying?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 13, 2021, 08:27:49 am »

This right here is the ash I paid to see. I am still a little hesitant on the we must take out B if A doesn't flip scum. There's a few reasons for that but I will say that I think ash has got a plan, here.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #459 on: May 13, 2021, 08:41:28 am »

I seem to recall ash trying this exact play on me in our first game together, in Imperial Radch mafia. We were both town. I am pretty sure we lost that game.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 13, 2021, 09:39:17 am »

joth and Glooble are the ones that seem scared, flailing, and doing their very best to convince town of a "fact" that is definitely just a random, terrible opinion.

No, you're the dum-dum head!

There is ZERO proof or certainty that there are exactly two non-town players in one or both timelines. None. Only the non-town teams themselves could possibly know that, and even then, they can't know if there are other non-town players.

So continuing to parade around this lie as truth is anti-town at best and malicious at worst.

Absolutely no one is saying this is an absolute truth. That's a flimsy strawman and you know it. We're saying this is a reasonable assumption to work off of in the absence of more or better information.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 13, 2021, 09:46:02 am »

ash keeps using these terms "truth and lie" and it's really manipulative. Show me where I claimed to have any knowledge, ash. All I did was agree with, and offer some support for, a reasonable default hypothesis that many others have put forward. I've taken an incredibly innocuous and non-controversial position and I've taken it in a fairly level-headed, open-minded way.

You, on the other hand, have gone to the mattresses to defend a fairly unlikely assertion, calling anything else "insulting" and "absurd". And now you're trying to make this into something that it isn't to get me exiled.

And no, town absolutely won't actually exile you after I flip. If I thought they would, I might consider embracing your 1v1. But you know you have an entire timeline cycle for people to forget about this and that you'll easily be able to weasel out.

These 1v1s are basically always bad for town. I choose not to take your bait. Though I'm also not moving my vote.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 13, 2021, 10:07:17 am »

I've taken an incredibly innocuous and non-controversial position

And no, town absolutely won't actually exile you after I flip.

If I thought they would, I might consider embracing your 1v1...These 1v1s are basically always bad for town....I'm also not moving my vote.

All things scum says and does.

He drew, he fired, he missed.

Vote: Joth

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 13, 2021, 01:06:54 pm »

I don't agree with everything ash is saying but they seem super town to me.
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #464 on: May 13, 2021, 03:24:50 pm »

How do we have this little activity in a game where 14 people are alive?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 13, 2021, 03:28:05 pm »

Only 7 are really playing, and if you look at the roster, I'm the most active player, and I'm busy for this day.

The joth vs ash """conflict""" is really bad, but I'm not exactly opposed to a joth flip either.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 13, 2021, 03:28:56 pm »

I seem to recall ash trying this exact play on me in our first game together, in Imperial Radch mafia. We were both town. I am pretty sure we lost that game.

Also, I reread this part, and that's just a coincidence, the 1v1 had little to do with the outcome of that game.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #467 on: May 13, 2021, 03:38:42 pm »

Only 7 are really playing, and if you look at the roster, I'm the most active player, and I'm busy for this day.

The joth vs ash """conflict""" is really bad, but I'm not exactly opposed to a joth flip either.

I was finding joth a bit scummy on day 1. He seems more like town joth to me now, but I don't feel strongly enough about that to have my alignment tied to his the way ash is proposing. That being said, gun to my head, if you asked me who is acting scummier right now, I'd say ash. But I also think its totally possible they are both just town with different perspectives.

Like, does scum ash get combative like this? I've seen town ash do it. Seems like a big gamble to me, like what's the benefit? If ash is scum here, what's his ideal outcome? That we reject his plan but still give him townpoints for having it? That we exile joth then don't follow through when he flips town?

He/ Him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 13, 2021, 03:59:56 pm »

The thought occurs to me that they're both scum. If this blows over it's successful distancing. If it doesn't it's super successful distancing.

I was finding joth a bit scummy on day 1. He seems more like town joth to me now, but I don't feel strongly enough about that to have my alignment tied to his the way ash is proposing. That being said, gun to my head, if you asked me who is acting scummier right now, I'd say ash. But I also think its totally possible they are both just town with different perspectives.

Like, does scum ash get combative like this? I've seen town ash do it. Seems like a big gamble to me, like what's the benefit? If ash is scum here, what's his ideal outcome? That we reject his plan but still give him townpoints for having it? That we exile joth then don't follow through when he flips town?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 13, 2021, 04:00:31 pm »

The thought occurs to me that they're both scum. If this blows over it's successful distancing. If it doesn't it's super successful distancing.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #470 on: May 13, 2021, 04:16:04 pm »

That would certainly be ballsy.

He/ Him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 13, 2021, 04:39:29 pm »

This and all the QTs, I imagine.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #472 on: May 13, 2021, 05:36:02 pm »

I can't vote, and it doesn't seem like there's anything else I could do that would benefit town at the moment. I guess I could try to play some kind of WIFOM against scum in some way but they have more information than I do, and I have no reason to feel confident I'm that much better at the game than they are. So, as far as I can tell, for the time being it's for the best if I just keep my thoughts to myself.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #473 on: May 13, 2021, 05:40:00 pm »

I can't vote, and it doesn't seem like there's anything else I could do that would benefit town at the moment. I guess I could try to play some kind of WIFOM against scum in some way but they have more information than I do, and I have no reason to feel confident I'm that much better at the game than they are. So, as far as I can tell, for the time being it's for the best if I just keep my thoughts to myself.

What's your opinion on ash's plan? Who do you think is scummier between joth and ash? How many scum do you think there are in each timeline?

He/ Him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #474 on: May 13, 2021, 06:01:15 pm »

What's your opinion on ash's plan? Who do you think is scummier between joth and ash? How many scum do you think there are in each timeline?

Is there more to ash's plan than just exiling either him or joth today? I've read the game but it's a bit hard to follow under the side effects of 40 mg of cetirizine, so if someone could summarize it in as few words as possible, that would be nice.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.