Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130489 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 1!
« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2021, 12:55:21 pm »

I support the two players one character theory.

It kind of makes me mildly curious about a day one flavor name claim.

But I doubt it’s that important or helpful.

I guess I’ll Vote: Glooble

Another meta-y thing to think about is QT partners, the likelihood that two scum are paired together is low, so everyone claiming their partners is good.

This is countered by previous me’s (quite solid) point that investigative roles can leak their results out through partners without putting.

Well... except to their partner... Who could easily be scum...

Last time Swowl hosted a game with random neighborhoods, the two scum that were in the same QT died very quickly (one of being scummy...the other for being townie. Oops.)

Anyway I don't see the point of outing partners.

Also, can you explain your scumread on Glooble? You can do it, I believe in you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2021, 01:00:48 pm »

Two players one character especially makes sense in light of the fact that our powers are only effective when its the day/night of our timeline. 
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2021, 02:38:39 pm »

Nope, no description for my vote, and I haven’t called it a scumread yet.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2021, 02:52:35 pm »

I support the two players one character theory.

It kind of makes me mildly curious about a day one flavor name claim.

But I doubt it’s that important or helpful.

I guess I’ll Vote: Glooble

Another meta-y thing to think about is QT partners, the likelihood that two scum are paired together is low, so everyone claiming their partners is good.

This is countered by previous me’s (quite solid) point that investigative roles can leak their results out through partners without putting.

Well... except to their partner... Who could easily be scum...

I strongly oppose a day 1 flavour name claim. It seems roles are related to player. Yes, this might help us figure out scum if we can figure out who they might be. But I think more likely, it gives scum, who can collaborate, the ability to work out which probable power roles they want to kill off.

Discussions about partners may not be helpful either. Maybe 2 scum are together. Maybe they are all separate. We have no idea. If you assume no scum are together, but Swowl put 2 scum in each timeline and they are QT partners (and that's their scum chat), then we'd be screwed. Also, some people, like MiX, like to keep their QT secret.

So yes, you are quite different than the previous "you" in this game. But with you wanting so much info out that could potentially harm town, I think I'll
Vote: Eddie
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2021, 03:08:06 pm »

I think it doesn't make sense to reveal (at least D1/2) are flavor names and/or QT partners. But I will say this: I have NO CLUE what my flavor has to do with the theme. I mean it's a name, but when I try to google it, I don't see any (at least immediate) connection to Memento.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2021, 03:09:01 pm »

Yup, I also am against Day 1 flavor claiming, it’s a bad idea, whoever thought of it should be ashamed.

The QT thing is more interesting, but I didn’t know that the QT partners were fully random, which makes it less than more interesting.

So, just interesting.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2021, 03:10:41 pm »

Yeah, I’m trying to not think about the flavor as best I can, I haven’t seen the film and am trying to get out of this game unscathed.

I skipped about 30% of Joth’s post up there, for example.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2021, 04:02:16 pm »

I think it doesn't make sense to reveal (at least D1/2) are flavor names and/or QT partners. But I will say this: I have NO CLUE what my flavor has to do with the theme. I mean it's a name, but when I try to google it, I don't see any (at least immediate) connection to Memento.

I also decided to rewatch Memento after reading Jonah's post and my flavor name also has 0 connection to the film.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2021, 06:56:18 pm »

Vote Count 1.3:

MiX (2): PPS, Awaclus
Eddie (2): chairs, mathdude
mathdude (1): Glooble
Glooble (1): Eddie

Not Voting (10): EFHW, WCD, scolapasta, hypercube, Joth, Galzria, Ashersky, gkrieg, Dylan, MiX

With 8 alive on the ACTIVE TIMELINE, it takes 5 to Exile.
Day 1 starts now and ends Tuesday, May 11th at 3:25pm Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2021, 07:49:01 pm »

Vote Count 1.3:

Not Voting (10): EFHW, WCD, scolapasta, hypercube, Joth, Galzria, Ashersky, gkrieg, Dylan, MiX

For those who haven't tracked, the 8 on the Active Reverse Timeline are pps, Awaclus, chairs, mathdude, Glooble, Eddie, MiX, and hypercube.

Also, Glooble, you can take your vote off me. It's been there long enough and I'm town. If you don't find somewhere else to put it, I may have to take my vote off Eddie and instead vote with him. Because a vote on me is scummy.
he/him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 07, 2021, 08:05:33 pm »

Voting on me is also scummy.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #261 on: May 07, 2021, 08:09:56 pm »

Vote Count 1.3:

For those who haven't tracked, the 8 on the Active Reverse Timeline are pps, Awaclus, chairs, mathdude, Glooble, Eddie, MiX, and hypercube.

Also, Glooble, you can take your vote off me. It's been there long enough and I'm town. If you don't find somewhere else to put it, I may have to take my vote off Eddie and instead vote with him. Because a vote on me is scummy.

This post is scummier than anything I've seen from you so far.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #262 on: May 07, 2021, 08:22:13 pm »

Like, I was probably going to move my vote sooner or later but now I'm definitely not.

He/ Him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2021, 08:22:52 pm »

I also decided to rewatch Memento after reading Jonah's post and my flavor name also has 0 connection to the film.
I guess Jonah is joth?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2021, 08:23:25 pm »

Middle name Theo?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2021, 08:25:52 pm »

I guess Jonah is joth?

oh, yeah sorry.

Like, I was probably going to move my vote sooner or later but now I'm definitely not.

This actually not true, I will definitely move my vote when I see a better place to put it, but your whole " a vote for me is scummy" refrain made that a lot less likely. In my experience scum says that a lot more often than town.

He/ Him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2021, 08:32:36 pm »

I guess Jonah is joth?

oh, yeah sorry.

This actually not true, I will definitely move my vote when I see a better place to put it, but your whole " a vote for me is scummy" refrain made that a lot less likely. In my experience scum says that a lot more often than town.

Yeah, it may not be the kind of thing that makes you keep your vote there, but is definitely not going to make you move your vote away.

"don't vote for me, or I'll vote for you!" - what is this Mafia Mafia, now? :)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2021, 09:03:20 pm »

Vote Count 1.3:

This post is scummier than anything I've seen from you so far.

And yet I'm still town.

Yeah, it may not be the kind of thing that makes you keep your vote there, but is definitely not going to make you move your vote away.

"don't vote for me, or I'll vote for you!" - what is this Mafia Mafia, now? :)

Why is it Mafia Mafia? Because you're scum, you know I'm not, so you're wondering if there's another Mafia faction? I have no idea.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2021, 09:27:53 pm »

Eddie or Glooble, whichever of you are scum...
Does scum have day-chat this game? Are you QT buddies with a scum-mate? Will you be coordinating your votes with them?

(I'd ask scola too, but he's not Active timeline... guess you can still answer the first two questions).
he/him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 07, 2021, 10:39:01 pm »

Does scum have day-chat this game? Are you QT buddies with a scum-mate? Will you be coordinating your votes with them?

(I'd ask scola too, but he's not Active timeline... guess you can still answer the first two questions).

I’m pretty suspicious I have daychat with scum, yes.

Uncleeurope Eddie

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2021, 10:54:13 pm »

So Glooble is your QT partner? Or he's scum with your QT partner?
he/him

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2021, 12:35:58 am »

So Glooble is your QT partner? Or he's scum with your QT partner?

No comment.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2021, 06:36:18 am »

I don't even know what math is doing. I don't...know.

First gut read is he's third-party, since this certainly is new, and we haven't see third-party math, but now I'm thinking he's just town with a plan.

Vote: chairs, I'm townreading Glooble and math, and I don't want uncle dead, so chairs is the best vote right now.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2021, 06:47:16 am »

First gut read is he's third-party, since this certainly is new, and we haven't see third-party math, but now I'm thinking he's just town with a plan.

Vote: chairs, I'm townreading Glooble and math, and I don't want uncle dead, so chairs is the best vote right now.

What about mister PPS? That could be a fun vote, no?

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2021, 06:50:27 am »

What about mister PPS? That could be a fun vote, no?

That works too, a lot more NAI posts than I thought he had. This is actually better, let's do it.

Vote: pps
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.