Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56  All

Author Topic: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 130502 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 58: Memento Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #600 on: May 17, 2021, 01:44:55 pm »

Here we are with the absolutes that only scum can have. Why would we flip ash if Joth flips scum. It'd be a ballsy and unnecessary bus so I don't think we'd wager that chance until some investigative results indicated we should.

If I thought they would, I might consider embracing your 1v1...These 1v1s are basically always bad for town....I'm also not moving my vote.

So basically, if he thought this could work out to his advantage he'd take the bait. Also note the wishy washiness of the "almost" always statement. Instead of saying these are never good for town he's implying that maybe this one right here actually is.

I get what he's trying to say but how he says it seems telling to me. I don't see how anyone reads this as anything but scum. I'd like to see your interpretation of it, though.

I think you're completely misunderstanding this interaction. Joth was saying, "If I flip town, the town won't exile you." He was basically telling ash that he believes that if he accepted the one-on-one and Ash won, ash would find some way to weasel out of actually getting exiled, and given that he wouldn't be eligible to be exiled again until day 4 anyway, he'd have plenty of time to do it. In between we'd had all manner of night actions and things that would present a stronger case, or that scum!ash could spin as reasons not to follow through with town's promise to exile him if joth flipped town.

Well this interpretation is exactly what led me to consider that they might both be scum because it still reeks of knowing Ash's alignment. As town with ash coming in like this the arguments would appear more questioning than diminishing. Also, in the event they are both scum this comes off as a some Ericksonian hypnotism for everyone else.

I see this 1v1 as forcing us to choose at two forks. Fork 1: are either players likely scum? Fork 2: if so which one and why? if not who else is and why?

Call me lazy but I chose yes at Fork 1 and now maybe I am trying to logically rationalize an emotional decision in Fork 2.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 17, 2021, 03:23:48 pm »

I have to take issue with this idea that my not pointing out ash's mistake makes me scummy. I wasn't on during the period in question. Now that you point it out, I think it is quite strange that he posted an incorrect vc like that. No way to know if that was scummy or careless on his part. Why is it my responsibility more than anyone else's to point out his unannounced E-1?

PPE: 11

My initial thought was that you weren't on during the period in question, but then when you responded to me, you said you "didn't notice it". That, to me, implied that you'd seen the vote and just not noticed. Because if you hadn't been online, why wouldn't you have just said "I wasn't online"?

This seemed like kind of a nothing issue, so I didn't nail down the details until today. I did notice ash seeming not to know where I was on the joth issue, which seemed strange. But I figured he'd catch on. And I was probably reading that post after the correct vc had been posted. It wasn't on my radar at all that there was such a low number needed to exile. Should have been, but wasn't.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 17, 2021, 04:05:15 pm »

This ignores the E-1 elephant that's been standing in the room for some time now. Diverting from that is far scummier.
I literally don’t understand what you’re saying here.

Can you tell me why there's been no hammer or intent to hammer if Joth is town? I see a sustained stalled E-1 as indicative of scum. Picking on the town who put him there is what I am calling scummy.

There's been no hammer or intent to hammer because it takes four to exile and there aren't four players who want to exile joth? Because he's town.

Boom! Solved it for ya.

That doesn’t make any sense to me
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 17, 2021, 04:06:44 pm »

Also, though, only half the players in the game can vote and one of them is Galz, who has been MIA. So it's basically 4 out of 6 needed to exile right now, really out of 5, since joth isn't going to self-vote. That would stall literally any wagon. It's NAI.

Would it stall a wagon on town? If we assume 2 scum then that's only 2 town they need to be on wagon.

This is what I’m thinking but having a hard time articulating

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 17, 2021, 04:10:07 pm »

There WCD goes dropping the occasional reason for me to scumread them.

Probably when WCD is town anyway.

Sigh...

I just can’t read her properly.

I know, right? It goes both ways. You and hyper are my original homies, but as opaque to me as when we started. :/

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 17, 2021, 04:14:38 pm »

Here we are with the absolutes that only scum can have.

Also note the wishy washiness of the "almost" always statement. Instead of saying these are never good for town he's implying that maybe this one right here actually is.

So I guess I'm scummy if I deal in absolutes, but I'm also scummy if I'm "wishy washy"? Huh?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 17, 2021, 04:15:43 pm »

Here we are with the absolutes that only scum can have. Why would we flip ash if Joth flips scum. It'd be a ballsy and unnecessary bus so I don't think we'd wager that chance until some investigative results indicated we should.

If I thought they would, I might consider embracing your 1v1...These 1v1s are basically always bad for town....I'm also not moving my vote.

So basically, if he thought this could work out to his advantage he'd take the bait. Also note the wishy washiness of the "almost" always statement. Instead of saying these are never good for town he's implying that maybe this one right here actually is.

I get what he's trying to say but how he says it seems telling to me. I don't see how anyone reads this as anything but scum. I'd like to see your interpretation of it, though.

I think you're completely misunderstanding this interaction. Joth was saying, "If I flip town, the town won't exile you." He was basically telling ash that he believes that if he accepted the one-on-one and Ash won, ash would find some way to weasel out of actually getting exiled, and given that he wouldn't be eligible to be exiled again until day 4 anyway, he'd have plenty of time to do it. In between we'd had all manner of night actions and things that would present a stronger case, or that scum!ash could spin as reasons not to follow through with town's promise to exile him if joth flipped town.

yes, this!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 17, 2021, 04:19:40 pm »

can everyone just vote ash and end this horrible day once and for all?

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 17, 2021, 05:11:57 pm »

Here we are with the absolutes that only scum can have.

Also note the wishy washiness of the "almost" always statement. Instead of saying these are never good for town he's implying that maybe this one right here actually is.

So I guess I'm scummy if I deal in absolutes, but I'm also scummy if I'm "wishy washy"? Huh?

That's disingenuous to what I am saying. I'm saying that the way you are speaking implies hidden knowledge. In the one case you are certain there will be no retaliation if you are flipped. This makes sense if you flip scum. In the other case you could absolutely say that 1v1 is bad for town but here I see slight hedging suggesting that maybe in this case it wouldn't be as bad for town as you would like us to believe.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 17, 2021, 10:54:54 pm »

Vote Count 2.3:

Ashersky (2): Joth, scolapasta
Joth (1): WCD

Not Voting (11): EFHW, Ashersky, Dylan, Galzria, MiX, Eddie, chairs, hypercube, Glooble, PPS, Awaclus

With 7 alive on the ACTIVE TIMELINE, it takes 4 to Exile.
Day 2 starts now and ends Tuesday, May 18th at 4:55pm Forum Time.

Today the active timeline is the FORWARD TIMELINE We will remain in the FORWARD TIMELINE until the start of Day 3.
Only players from the currently active timeline may vote, or be voted for.

Here's the vote count I used to make my vote count that everyone is saying left EFHW off on purpose.  No EFHW voting there.  I just quote the mod's post and delete the formatting.

There was even this post later that I saw to ensure the VC was right:

Vote Count 2.3:

Ashersky (2): Joth, scolapasta
Joth(1): WCD

Not Voting (11): EFHW, Ashersky, Dylan, Galzria, MiX, Eddie, chairs, hypercube, Glooble, PPS, Awaclus

With 7 alive on the ACTIVE TIMELINE, it takes 4 to Exile.
Day 2 starts now and ends Tuesday, May 18th at 4:55pm Forum Time.

Today the active timeline is the FORWARD TIMELINE We will remain in the FORWARD TIMELINE until the start of Day 3.
Only players from the currently active timeline may vote, or be voted for.

VC 2.3 corrected. Don't do VCs at work kids...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 17, 2021, 10:55:34 pm »

I need to do a proper reread and do some real scumhunting instead of letting ash distract me with his BS. Perhaps I'll have time today.

Still hoping to see this!

I should have time tomorrow.

FYI, you are at E-1.  Like a real one, because I'm already voting.

After the next vote count, I posted this.  I was the first player to point out the E-1.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 17, 2021, 10:56:31 pm »

I'd like to invite joth (and any other players who would like) to continue to try to make a case, any case, that I am not town.  It's super hilarious.  I get why many may not understand why, but it is.

I did make a point that everyone ignored, so I’ll say it again- putting joth to E-1 and saying it was E-2 was scummy. What’s your defense of that?

When did I say it was E-2?  You could provide a quote to help me there.  The only post I see is where I say it was E-1.

Also, I just posted the mod posts I quoted to make my VCs.  EFHW's vote wasn't there.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 17, 2021, 10:57:04 pm »

I am Galz's QT partner.  He's been just as inactive there as here.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 17, 2021, 10:57:42 pm »

He's basically given a real life reason for missing D1, said he'd be around today (but hasn't), and that's it.  Very few posts at all.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 17, 2021, 10:59:06 pm »

Galz, Dylan, or scola voting joth is the only way we're getting an exile.  It's up to any of you three at this point.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 17, 2021, 10:59:36 pm »

About 18 hours to go, right?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 17, 2021, 11:10:22 pm »

OK, I'm switching my vote to see if this goes anywhere:

Vote: WCD

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 18, 2021, 01:16:11 am »

Intent to hammer well before the deadline tomorrow unless people want to switch to Didds.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 18, 2021, 08:08:02 am »

Scola, this is a bad idea. I know we have been at odds in the last few games, but this isn’t one of them. At the very least, odds would have us on the together this game so trust that even if you don’t trust me.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 18, 2021, 08:12:01 am »

Scola, this is a bad idea. I know we have been at odds in the last few games, but this isn’t one of them. At the very least, odds would have us on the together this game so trust that even if you don’t trust me.

Okay, I’m willing to trust you.

Didds is town.

Glad we got that sorted early.

At least one productive thing happened today.

I am now happier with Joth’s death than Didds’.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #620 on: May 18, 2021, 09:20:40 am »

I'd like to invite joth (and any other players who would like) to continue to try to make a case, any case, that I am not town.  It's super hilarious.  I get why many may not understand why, but it is.

I did make a point that everyone ignored, so I’ll say it again- putting joth to E-1 and saying it was E-2 was scummy. What’s your defense of that?

When did I say it was E-2?  You could provide a quote to help me there.  The only post I see is where I say it was E-1.

Also, I just posted the mod posts I quoted to make my VCs.  EFHW's vote wasn't there.

You are splitting hairs. Putting joth at E-1 and not announcing that you were doing that is scummy. Posting an outdated vote count before your own vote clearly implies the belief that you were putting him to E-2. You didn't say "that's E-2" but the fact that you didn't say "that's E-1" is just as bad.

And this, by the way, is exactly the kind of bad faith argument you've been making against joth all day. You know full well what I meant, you chose to interpret my accusation overly literally in an attempt to make me look bad.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 18, 2021, 09:41:08 am »

I doubt any scum would post an outdated count as a nefarious plan.

Does that mean Ash it Town? No. But I doubt we can pull that much alignment out of that play.

Maybe that’s just me, though.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 18, 2021, 09:48:05 am »

You are splitting hairs. Putting joth at E-1 and not announcing that you were doing that is scummy. Posting an outdated vote count before your own vote clearly implies the belief that you were putting him to E-2. You didn't say "that's E-2" but the fact that you didn't say "that's E-1" is just as bad.

And this, by the way, is exactly the kind of bad faith argument you've been making against joth all day. You know full well what I meant, you chose to interpret my accusation overly literally in an attempt to make me look bad.

I didn't consciously think about what E my vote was, just that it wasn't the hammer, and that in itself would be out of character for me.  I definitely didn't know it was E-1 or E-2, nor did I particularly care.  Is that the answer you wanted to hear?  I think it hurts your case even more.

Does me making a "bad faith argument" have any impact on my alignment?  I disagree with your characterization, but I think the question is a fair one for you to ask yourself.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 18, 2021, 09:49:17 am »

Also, per Glooble, every vote ever cast by anyone ever is an unspoken "that's E-X!" announcement.  10 to Exile and first voter?

That's E-9 everyone!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 18, 2021, 09:50:37 am »

Okay, maybe that was a little childish.  Just some innocent fun though.  Sorry.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.