Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]  All

Author Topic: M131: Quarantine Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 42068 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M131: Quarantine Mafia (D2)
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2020, 10:22:45 am »

Is anyone else around??
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M131: Quarantine Mafia
« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2020, 10:26:18 am »

Vote Count 2.3

EFHW (2): Awaclus, scolapasta
MiX (1): EFHW

Not Voting (3): cayvie, scolapasta, Straw

With 6 alive it takes 4 to Test.

Day 2 ends at 10:30AM FT on Friday, September 11th. That's in 27 minutes.

I'm listed twice. And No MiX.

Also, where is everyone?? I mean, I kniw I haven't posted much, but at least I got a vote in. cayvie, where's your vote with your plan?

Thanks, fixed.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2020, 10:33:02 am »

Well, I guess No test it is.

Good luck vigs tonight. I hope one of you targets EFHW.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2020, 10:37:05 am »

"Where are cayvie and straw?" mail-mi wondered aloud. "I should probably go check their rooms, they're missing EFHW's birthday cake!"

mail-mi found them lifeless in their beds, having gotten ill from inactivity.

cayvie and Straw have been modkilled due to inactivity. They were both Doctors.

scolapasta and Awaclus have been endgamed. They were also both Doctors.

The Carrier team of MiX and EFHW win!

Thread unlocked forever.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M131: Quarantine Mafia (Game Over)
« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2020, 10:39:41 am »

Oh cmon! That's uncool, I wanted to still try to win.

Sorry for ghosting just now (hi scola, I was watching you), but I couldn't gamble on cayvie being just around the corner and hammering EFHW.

I think if the game had kept going, even with the no exile today, we would've been caught. Although I tried to make the best plan for scum, Swowl dying there meant it was very hard to keep EFHW alive, and then me and Straw were in a soft conflict so there's almost no way I would've lived.

Good game until right now!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2020, 10:40:40 am »

So, I'm sad that it had to end like this, but I prodded cayvie and Straw twice, and in the second prod I told them they would be modkilled if they didn't post within 24 hours (which ended up giving them until deadline). Someone in the Speccy said that the purely mechanical nature of the convos D2 probably killed the game, and I think they're right. I wonder what would have happened if there had been no plan D1 and everyone was allowed to run wild.

Anyway, here's the setup:

1. MiX - Carrier
2. cayvie - Weak Doctor
3. Awaclus - Nurse
4. scolapasta - Paranoid Doctor
5. Swowl - Doctor
6. EFHW - Carrier
7. Dylan32 - Quack Doctor
8. jotheonah - Naive Doctor
9. Straw - CPR Doctor

And N1 actions:

Straw (CPR) vaccinates Dylan
Swowl (Doctor) vaccinates EFHW
Dylan (Quack) vaccinates Swowl
Joth (Naive) vaccinates Awaclus
scolapasta (paranoid) vaccinates cayvie
cayvie (weak) vaccinates MiX

MiX kills joth

Results:
Dylan dies.
EFHW is protected.
Swowl dies.
Cayvie is JK'd
Joth dies.

Awaclus becomes (random.org says:) Quack doctor.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 11, 2020, 10:44:36 am »

There was a slim chance cayvie was Quack from scum's perspective, if Swowl was weak doctor, but I never thought about nurse inheriting it, huh.

I found a probably-better plan than the chain when thinking about the setup, which is just nurse claims, everyone doctors them, since we have more doctors than killers, they're unkillable. This would turn the game away from mechanics and mostly into 7v2 with an immortal IC. That would've probably helped town more than this, although what happened this game also doomed scum, mostly due to the killer doc's position and how Swowl could've been weak doctor.

Also scum QT

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 11, 2020, 10:46:29 am »

Someone in the Speccy said that the purely mechanical nature of the convos D2 probably killed the game, and I think they're right. I wonder what would have happened if there had been no plan D1 and everyone was allowed to run wild.

Hey, I tried to make this game as mechanical as possible, so horray scum!

Can you give the link to Speccy?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 11, 2020, 10:49:19 am »

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 11, 2020, 11:04:37 am »

So, I'm sad that it had to end like this, but I prodded cayvie and Straw twice, and in the second prod I told them they would be modkilled if they didn't post within 24 hours (which ended up giving them until deadline). Someone in the Speccy said that the purely mechanical nature of the convos D2 probably killed the game, and I think they're right. I wonder what would have happened if there had been no plan D1 and everyone was allowed to run wild.

Yeah, bummer. But I get it. I wasn't around as much either, but I at least responded to my prod.

I do think if the game continued, we had a decent chance, with those first night results. I was planning on targeting cayvie N2, which would have protected her. So no weak doctor kill. If Straw had targeting EFHW (or Awaclus) we could have recovered, I think from the no test.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 11, 2020, 11:15:19 am »

I really thought town would test me.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #361 on: September 11, 2020, 11:29:16 am »

The Carrier team of MiX and EFHW

I knew it!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 11, 2020, 12:02:20 pm »

You did!

Straw

• Pawn
    • View Profile
    • 17th Shard
« Reply #363 on: September 11, 2020, 01:23:06 pm »

Wait what I thought it ended later today. Oops. My plan was vote EFHW, but not sure if I would have gone for MiX.
Also, Mail, sorry about that. I had been checking the thread and my QT, but not my messages on the forum so I thought I was fine.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 11, 2020, 01:29:57 pm »

Wait what I thought it ended later today. Oops. My plan was vote EFHW, but not sure if I would have gone for MiX.
Also, Mail, sorry about that. I had been checking the thread and my QT, but not my messages on the forum so I thought I was fine.

That's alright, I realize now I should have posted in your QTs as well. Typically, messages in the forum are also sent to people's emails, so that's my preferred way to prod.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 12, 2020, 12:49:58 am »

So, MiX, what were those secret questions?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 12, 2020, 08:51:37 am »

None. I tried really hard to think of them after I asked for the QT though  :P

It was mostly for the principle of the thing, and if I needed to ask something later it was better to ask for the QT then.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 12, 2020, 09:23:08 am »

None. I tried really hard to think of them after I asked for the QT though  :P

It was mostly for the principle of the thing, and if I needed to ask something later it was better to ask for the QT then.

Haha. We did need qts if we wanted to ask questions during the day.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.