Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15  All

Author Topic: M131: Quarantine Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 41718 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M131: Quarantine Mafia (D1)
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2020, 10:41:00 pm »

4 ways to die: by nk, by quack, as weak targeting scum, by CPR not needed.

4 ways to be protected: by the real dr, weak targets town, CPR needed, jk.

1 way to receive neither protection or attack: by naive.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2020, 10:05:28 am »

vote: scolapasta
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2020, 10:13:30 am »

i don't see any solving in scola's iso, i just see a self-vote and trying to blend in a bit.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2020, 10:50:55 am »

Prod: Awaclus

i don't see any solving in scola's iso, i just see a self-vote and trying to blend in a bit.

Welcome to scola! He doesn't do D1.

Also:

Awesome, what are your reads thus far?

(To Dylan)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2020, 03:35:23 pm »

Sure, but I want to get better at D1!

I think also, especially on D1, I don't post much on weekends.

Anyway, I was obviously kidding about my self vote, interesting that I managed to draw two votes...

Unvote
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2020, 03:41:34 pm »

WCD stretches and yawns and considers a nap. On the way out of the living room she stops by and knocks is on Awaclus’ door. You know, just to see if he’s up or if he’s written any new music.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2020, 03:54:44 pm »

Anyway, I was obviously kidding about my self vote, interesting that I managed to draw two votes...

Unvote

If you want to play D1, then you'll have to embrace The Reads. Read these 5 pages, see what tips you off, question what you need to, even if it looks weak it's better than nothing, and pushing in general leads to better reads.

Direct interaction's best, if you see someone's online when you're not busy, talk to them directly, ask what they think of certain posts or to clarify their reads. You can also call out to people that aren't there but you think are scummy for some reason or another, just to get more interactions with them.

For an example of questions that I think are good: you just had your first scum game. What do you think is different between scumapasta and scolatowna? What did you see as things you needed to change, and things you needed to stick to to look like your town self? What would you change in your town game if you wanted to hurt your scum game?

Also, what are your reads? Who's scummiest? Unvotes are sad.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2020, 04:05:38 pm »

Unvote

If you want to play D1, then you'll have to embrace The Reads. Read these 5 pages, see what tips you off, question what you need to, even if it looks weak it's better than nothing, and pushing in general leads to better reads.

Direct interaction's best, if you see someone's online when you're not busy, talk to them directly, ask what they think of certain posts or to clarify their reads. You can also call out to people that aren't there but you think are scummy for some reason or another, just to get more interactions with them.

For an example of questions that I think are good: you just had your first scum game. What do you think is different between scumapasta and scolatowna? What did you see as things you needed to change, and things you needed to stick to to look like your town self? What would you change in your town game if you wanted to hurt your scum game?

Also, what are your reads? Who's scummiest? Unvotes are sad.

OK, I'll find some time to read and try the above. Probably tomorrow or Monday...

Unvotes may generally be sad, but c'mon, I was voting myself (mostly so you couldn't!). So really, I've just reverted to the norm of not voting early D1.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Straw

• Pawn
    • View Profile
    • 17th Shard
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2020, 06:21:13 pm »

So, let's try to get some actual discussion going.

Re last game, I will try hard not to be so touchy.

It seems like people acting scummy on purpose was a thing for some reason. I don't need to do that, which is good I guess.
First of all, what's the meta on this? I think that last line is saying that they tend to act scummy which I read as suspicious.

Now for actual reads:
-cayvie as mild mafia. Specifically, i find it weird that she forgot about all the non-vig docs when making her plan? I'd think that if she was a doctor she'd be more familiar with the mechanics.
-MiX as village. No major pings from them and seems helpful so far.
-Swowl as null. Haven't seen much from them that made me swing either way.
-EFHW as mild mafia. I found the quote above odd.
-Not enough to say for everyone else so far.

Anyone have thoughts on these reads?

Also, I don't get people jumping on scola. Just seems like typical D1 memeing so far.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2020, 06:31:30 pm »

It seems like people acting scummy on purpose was a thing for some reason. I don't need to do that, which is good I guess.
First of all, what's the meta on this? I think that last line is saying that they tend to act scummy which I read as suspicious.

I think what you need to know is that "last game" had a bunch of PRs, so I guess EFHW means that they were acting scummy on purpose?

I'd love a clarification from her, at least.

Now for actual reads:
-cayvie as mild mafia. Specifically, i find it weird that she forgot about all the non-vig docs when making her plan? I'd think that if she was a doctor she'd be more familiar with the mechanics.

Also, I don't get people jumping on scola. Just seems like typical D1 memeing so far.

- What are you talking about re: cayvie? Forgetting about JK and weak doctor as not just being doctors is a fair mistake. Do you think scum!cayvie would know less than town!cayvie? What do you know of cayvie in general?
- That's weird, most people scumread me. I'll keep this in mind.
- Is this null read better than the non-reads you give of the remaining 4? If so, why?
- Did anything else from her ping you, or just that?

What do you think of scola? Towny, scummy, nully? Anything?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2020, 08:08:47 pm »

Unvote

is it interesting?

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2020, 08:10:22 pm »

Now for actual reads:

why would you expect a doctor to have a better understanding of that?

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2020, 08:14:44 pm »

Unvote

is it interesting?

eh i can be more clear than that.

i didn't vote you for the self-vote alone. i voted you because your engagement at that point consisted of:

a self-vote
a question about mechanics
asking MiX for help

none of these actions scream *curiosity* to me. specifically, asking the mod about mechanics early can often be a way for scum to produce content early that appears helpful, but doesn't actually help advance a town win.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2020, 08:17:14 pm »

also: MiX, i'm so happy you're not a third party this game XD

she/her

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2020, 08:17:38 pm »

Mr. MiX help the slow kid out here.

I wanna say I like the plan you are laying out? So, this isn't me being a pain.. I mean it is, but just trying to poke holes because the woopsie from the last game still kind of fresh in my head...

So like... 1 targets 2, 2 targets 3, etc etc.... 9 targets 1. Do I have that correct?

Assuming I do, here are the issues I have that maybe you can explain what the plan is.

Obviously #1 is the fact that there are no investigation roles, so there is no way to keep skum honest here. The fact is that 2/9 people in the chain will absolutely be inclined to mess with the assigned order, which in hand messes with our results.

I think the issue I am having wrapping my head around this one is that we are GTD to have at least the following deaths, assuming everyone (including skum) targets their assigned player:

CPR Doctor - GTD to kill their target
Quack Doctor - GTD to kill their target
Skum Kill - GTD to kill their target
gap
Weak Doctor - Dies if they are targeting skum

OK, so assuming a mis lynch today, and the weak doctor does not die... what happens and what do we learn?

1. Where would we be?
- We go from Day 1 of 9 alive to a Day 2 start of 5 alive. So just right there, it is some where between a) super lucky insta town win, b) 1 v 4 and c) 2 v 3. So we need to be damn sure this is a +EV plan vs "random selection" because 2 v 3 is the heavy favorite there. Or I guess not heavy, but still favorite.

2. What do we learn?
- K. Plan for the worst. Let's say we wake up 2 v 3, and players 3, 6, and 9 are dead. Who could those players be?
a) 1/ 3 of 2, 5, or 8 could be skum and just carried the kill out where they should for camo
b) so then 2/3 COULD be town killing doctors, assuming all town flips.
c) but also skum could get lucky and choose a non-assigned target, in which case all 3/3 of those players could actually be town. 

That does not sound awesome. Given there is a shit ton of other ways it could pan out, but like... that would suck.

Then OTOH we have the situation of trying to deduce the roles of players that targeted people who woke up alive. That would be players 1, 4, 7. 1/3 of those players would have to be skum and 2/3 would have to be town. That isn't bad... but we don't have time to like gamble that out at that point. We wouldn't know who is the weak doc, niave doc, and/or the skum... so there would be no way to set up a situation to protect the right people and kill the right people based on pools. We would have to isolate it to like... 2 people.... or more specifically I guess 2 people in pools of 1/3... which I will give you is better than standard.. but still.

And then again, there are like a ton of other ways it could pan out.

So I guess my question is... what is the next step to your plan here? What am I not seeing?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Straw

• Pawn
    • View Profile
    • 17th Shard
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2020, 08:29:52 pm »

- What are you talking about re: cayvie? Forgetting about JK and weak doctor as not just being doctors is a fair mistake. Do you think scum!cayvie would know less than town!cayvie? What do you know of cayvie in general?
why would you expect a doctor to have a better understanding of that?
I typically think that someone who has a certain role would have a better understanding of that role. It could just be a difference in play style, but I thought it was worth noting.

- That's weird, most people scumread me. I'll keep this in mind.
- Is this null read better than the non-reads you give of the remaining 4? If so, why?
- Did anything else from her ping you, or just that?

What do you think of scola? Towny, scummy, nully? Anything?
The null read is kind of weird tbh. They had posted enough stuff that I thought it was important to take a look at their posts, but I didn't see much AI stuff. Most of their content has been pretty mechanical so far.

I have scola as null. They've mainly just had some SoD memeing into D1 meta discussion. I don't think there's anything there that indicates either way.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2020, 08:53:45 pm »

you know what mix... ignore me. in my scenario with the three players following the flipped dead town doctors all being alive still... I see my error. we would know that those 3 players were some variation of non-killing doctors... so then based off that we know they would have to be some combo of  Doc, Naive Doc, Paranoid Doc, and/or Weak Doc. That would leave the only renaming docs possible CPR, Quack, and ofc the 1/4 that it wasn't of the 3 flips... and the nurse.

Now one of them would of assumedly been mis lynched today. but still those would be the combos. So the killing roles would in fact know they were killing roles and the proc roles would know they were proc roles.

That makes more sense. Got it. I am in for this plan.

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2020, 08:55:22 pm »

there is the low probability downside of nurse coming after skum or skum coming after skum ofc.

and then the weak doc part.

but all in all, I think I like it.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2020, 09:03:13 pm »

Straw - this game aside... what is your general "skummy vs not skummy" take on players that discuss set up Day 1?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2020, 09:04:08 pm »

Site meta. He MVPd his first ever skum game in the game we just concluded.
real good. That’s how

Straw

• Pawn
    • View Profile
    • 17th Shard
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2020, 09:56:30 pm »

Straw - this game aside... what is your general "skummy vs not skummy" take on players that discuss set up Day 1?
I'd say it heavily depends on the setup and how important mechanics are. I generally don't think it's much of a tell either way, unless it's taking up a huge portion of someone's posts. Essentially, the context is more important than just the fact that they were discussing it, if that makes any sense.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2020, 10:56:07 pm »

I'd say it heavily depends on the setup and how important mechanics are. I generally don't think it's much of a tell either way, unless it's taking up a huge portion of someone's posts. Essentially, the context is more important than just the fact that they were discussing it, if that makes any sense.

groovy bears. makes sense to me.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2020, 11:06:19 pm »

What would be the plan if we successfully binked skum Day 1? Would we still carry out the plan?
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2020, 11:26:30 pm »

Now for actual reads:

I was referring to being read as scummy in the last game, when I definitely was not trying to be. So /rueful and /a bit sarcastic.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2020, 11:34:08 pm »

I'm spending too much time on the puzzle aspect of things.

prod: joth.

@MiX, why did you prod Awaclus and not joth?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.