Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15  All

Author Topic: M131: Quarantine Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 41636 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M131: Quarantine Mafia
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2020, 02:19:27 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

scolapasta (2): scolapasta, jotheonah
Dylan23 (1): MiX
Straw (1): Swowl

No Test (1): cayvie

Not Voting (4): Awaclus, EFHW, Dylan32, Straw

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Test.

Day 1 ends at 11:40 AM FT on Friday, September 4th.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M131: Quarantine Mafia (D1)
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2020, 02:39:26 pm »

I don’t know what to do with my first post without LL here. Vote: MiX I guess. OMGUS a little, but also for making such a strong case on town!me last game that led to shenanigans.  I would vote scola, but I’m never trusting him again, and since his vote seems to suggest he is scum as per Joth’s logic, I don’t believe it.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2020, 02:41:46 pm »

I don’t know what to do with my first post without LL here. Vote: MiX I guess. OMGUS a little, but also for making such a strong case on town!me last game that led to shenanigans.  I would vote scola, but I’m never trusting him again, and since his vote seems to suggest he is scum as per Joth’s logic, I don’t believe it.

I'll make sure to ask for a PR claim before pushing you next time.

Also can you not make your summary of this game "MiX is scum" again? Because that was almost as anti-town as what I was doing :P

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2020, 02:42:52 pm »

I was using my MiX is scum play to get info on others, particularly scola. It was working until you and EFHW started pushing back so hard for a wagon on me lol
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2020, 02:43:38 pm »

But yeah, I can’t imagine that working two games in a row, so if I push you this game, know it will be totally sincere lol

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2020, 02:44:33 pm »

And swowl, let’s not end up in a spot where you are asking yourself your sig question again.

Ok, I’m done referring to last game now.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2020, 02:45:47 pm »

I was using my MiX is scum play to get info on others, particularly scola. It was working until you and EFHW started pushing back so hard for a wagon on me lol

It's a bad play.

No, honestly, pushing me as a play is probably the worst way to sort me. Just interact with me when I'm around, which is always, it's much better.

But yeah, I can’t imagine that working two games in a row, so if I push you this game, know it will be totally sincere lol

I didn't really work last game...or something. You need to make yourself stand out more than what your read on me is.

And swowl, let’s not end up in a spot where you are asking yourself your sig question again.

Quickhammering is fun! And I still think you should've claimed SoD3.

Awesome, what are your reads thus far?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2020, 03:30:21 pm »

Just saying Hi for the moment. More later!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2020, 03:59:49 pm »

I fucked up guys. Didn't realize Galz was not in this game...

MiX - Why are you not skum this game?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2020, 04:01:29 pm »

Just saying Hi for the moment. More later!

Hi efhw!

What difference would it make if galzria were in the game
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2020, 04:17:57 pm »

Because Galz isn't town.

What difference would it make if galzria were in the game

Galz's been asking me that particular question every game now, so if he's not here someone else has to, right?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2020, 05:23:21 pm »

I'm happy to keep discussing the last game. :)

Also, I've decided I need to start to embrace D1. MiX, teach me the ways...
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2020, 05:32:49 pm »

Re last game, I will try hard not to be so touchy.

It seems like people acting scummy on purpose was a thing for some reason. I don't need to do that, which is good I guess.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2020, 05:37:42 pm »

I agree that exile today seems less important than usual.

N1 is so swingy. What if only 1/2 of us use our doctor power, with assigned targets? This avoids the wake up Day 2 with the game over possibility. I haven't mathed out the chances of that, but as we get information on subsequent days, things get less and less swingy.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2020, 05:38:07 pm »

Hi cayvie!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2020, 06:54:06 pm »

N1 is so swingy. What if only 1/2 of us use our doctor power, with assigned targets? This avoids the wake up Day 2 with the game over possibility. I haven't mathed out the chances of that, but as we get information on subsequent days, things get less and less swingy.

I had a similar thought, not exactly but more based around how we can narrow it down as days progress.

The issue I am running into at least... it is the value of a) finding skum vs b) learning what powers we all have.

Because of the skum being in the game bit... if it is actually 50% use and 50% don't use, then it really messes with our chances of finding skum, and also it really allows skum a lot of wiggle room to feed false info (thus making us think we have different powers... thus messing it all up). At least that is what I make of it.

It maybe works if like x-% of people declare target and then x-% of people do not. the people that do not declare targets would then claim after the people that do declare targets? That would at least then keep skum from messing with us... although it would also potentially mess with the results that we are trying to procure.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2020, 06:59:15 pm »

I do agree with you in regards to "things get better as days go on" though.

Maybe the best play here is to go "no plan" until something becomes apparent to 1-2 people and then we take it from there?

or even more so we could try to map out the roles that we realllly don't want to be confused about and just try to figure those out tomorrow.?
that would be to say like...
1. Everyone just does whatever tonight
2. If you targeted someone and they died, claim it.
3. Then everyone else that targeted that player also claims it.

Wait does that actually work out decently? I mean we have no way of knowing how many people target dead-player X and all.. but it would help ID the players in a group of sorts that are either
a) telling the truth and targeted that player
or
b) skum, and the pool would be small (assumption there) which makes it harder for skum to lie
real good. That’s how

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2020, 08:02:38 pm »

uh i think wake up game 2 means town wins, yes? why would you be worried about that?

if both vigs target town and the weak doctor dies, and the nightkill goes thru and none of these kills overlap, we wake up with 3 town and 2 carriers.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2020, 08:05:06 pm »

uh i think wake up Day 2 withe the game over means town wins, yes? why would you be worried about that?

if both vigs target town and the weak doctor dies, and the nightkill goes thru and none of these kills overlap, we wake up with 3 town and 2 carriers.

ebwop

she/her

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2020, 08:27:34 pm »

I was thinking about the wake up and scum has won, but if we go through with no exile, I think that will become even more unlikely. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2020, 08:55:59 pm »

We want to find out which ones of us kill/protect. I don't think scum can mess with that a whole lot. No redirector or bus driver. They can't protect anyone. They can only nk one person. If we assign targets, they could make it seem that one person can kill who actually can't. They definitely add noise, but not to the point where we get no benefit from trying.

I just had another idea, which I have not thought through yet. What if ... never mind.  I was thinking we could pair up in targeting, like pooled testing, but that's probably too messy. It would take too many nights to get good info. The benefit would be that fewer people would die at night.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2020, 09:03:16 pm »

uh i think wake up game 2 means town wins, yes? why would you be worried about that?

Right, with no misexile Day 1. So without misexile, scum win is not unlikely,  it's impossible.

Straw

• Pawn
    • View Profile
    • 17th Shard
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2020, 09:07:53 pm »

Hi everyone!

Vote: cayvie, where did you find Straw?

Straw, who are you? Tell us everything!
Hi! As Cayvie has said, she found me in champs spec chat (never bet against cayvie BTW). I'm from the mafia board on 17th Shard.

so this appears to be a Dethy variant, and most of these are solvable wins for town. specifically, this seems quite similar to 7-player Dethy (2 mafia, 4 cops of varying skill, 1 vig). However, the difference here is that the vig doesn't know they're a vig, so that solution won't work.

My initial thought here is that everyone should target the people we personally find *scummiest* with our abilities; the most valuable thing a doctor can do is to vig a carrier. and two doctors have a chance of doing that (quack, CPR doc).

thoughts?

other considerations: do we announce our intended targets (with the nurse lying)? that would help us in the case that the weak doctor targets a carrier. my instinct is no, that this helps carriers more than it helps town, but idk.

I agree that we should try to pick scum. However, I think the best plan is everyone picking exactly 1 person, most likely in a single chain (we could use setup order, for example, but I hate that). If everyone picks scumreads, then the chances of vigging scum are severely lowered, as the real docs will also pick them. Besides, if we spread out, we make sure the vig is unapposed, and we can learn from the weak doctor.

With this I suggest we all announce our targets, and try to coordinate a chain of 8 people all targeting each other in a circle, with the 9th person replacing whoever we exile. Exiling doesn't break knowing exactly which doctors there are, since the nurse replaces them.

I have a pretty convoluted plan for picking how we setup the chain, but that's not very important right now.
I'll have to think more about the chain, but it does seem to be a good idea. Hopefully we'd be able to figure out several roles from it.

For exiling today, I'd be in favor. I think not exiling would give us too little information, and D1 is particularly important given how short this game will probably be.

For nurse, anyone have thoughts on them claiming or not? I'd be in favor of them claiming near EoD.

Cayvie, I think there's theoretically a situation where scum wins at the start of D2:
-7 v 2 (start of game)
-6 v 2 (mis-exile villager)
-5 v 2 (mafia kill)
-4 v 2 (weak doc hits mafia)
-3 v 2 (CPR doc hits villager)
-2 v 2 (quack doc hits villager)

Not very likely though, since literally everything would have to go wrong.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2020, 09:17:35 pm »

Jk throws another small wrench into our deductions, since their target won't have an effective action.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2020, 10:26:56 pm »

I'm liking my pairing idea a little better.  Deaths yield more info than with solo targeting, but survivors yield less.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.