Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15  All

Author Topic: M131: Quarantine Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 41654 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M131: Quarantine Mafia
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2020, 08:19:49 am »

Good morning, friends!

The quarantine has begun. Everyone has confirmed so N0 starts now and will last until tomorrow (8/28) morning.

Being locked up together affects us all different. Bored, stir crazy, sleepy, restless.... maybe it’s time to start another jigsaw puzzle or work on perfecting your vaccine experiments.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2020, 11:39:40 am »

It was a typical, cozy morning in the apartment of eleven medical students when mail-mi came home with horrible news. Awaclus was enjoying a nice breakfast. jotheonah was in the shower. WestCoastDidds was working on a papaer, and EFHW was studying for exams. None of them knew that their lives were about to change--drastically.

mail-mi burst into the main room. "I have bad news y'all." In his hands he held a sheet of paper with the insignia of the university's hospital. "I tested positive."

One of the dishes that Dylan32 was washing dropped to the floor and shattered. "You're kidding me!" he said. "Does this mean..."

"Yes," mail-mi said. "We have to quarantine for 2 weeks."

"Nooooo" MiX cried. "I hate attending classes online."

"Tell me about it." Straw complained. "I had a date tomorrow too!"

"That's not the worst of it," mail-mi said. "I haven't been outside this apartment for a month now, considering all my classes are online and the dating scene is not very flush for me right now. It means I must have gotten it from one of you."

Swowl came out from one of the many bedrooms, rubbing tired eyes. "What's going on?"

"mail-mi's got the Sickness," cayvie explained, "and he got it from one of us."

"Fortunately," mail-mi said, "the hospital sent me with several take-at-home tests for the Sickness." He laid out ten tests on the large kitchen table. scolapasta picked one up, examining it. It looked a little like the blood prick test that diabetics would take to test their insulin levels.

"So," mail-mi asked, "who wants to go first?"

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (9): MiX, cayvie, Awaclus, scolapasta, Swowl, EFHW, Dylan32, jotheonah, Straw

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Test.

Day 1 starts now and ends at 11:40 AM FT on Friday, September 4th.

Thread Unlocked!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2020, 11:40:04 am »

Vote: scolapasta

After Marvel, someone was going to do it, why not me?

(and now when *you* do it, is it really RVS??)

Also (make sure you watch until the end, Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd, are clearly the scum!):

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2020, 11:48:01 am »

(How does he know...)

Hi everyone!

Vote: cayvie, where did you find Straw?

Straw, who are you? Tell us everything!

PPE: You took my first RVS vote  :'(

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M131: Quarantine Mafia (D1)
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2020, 12:28:20 pm »

Hey. I am taking a half day at work today, so I'll be able to mafia a lot in an hour or two.

in the meantime,

Vote: scolapasta

He's uniquely positioned to know whether or not he's scum and he appears to think that he is based on his use of his vote. So I'm happy to sheep him.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2020, 12:44:07 pm »

(How does he know...)

Hi everyone!

Vote: cayvie, where did you find Straw?

Straw, who are you? Tell us everything!

PPE: You took my first RVS vote  :'(

champs spec chat! i have done well in betting in the semifinals.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2020, 12:50:35 pm »

so this appears to be a Dethy variant, and most of these are solvable wins for town. specifically, this seems quite similar to 7-player Dethy (2 mafia, 4 cops of varying skill, 1 vig). However, the difference here is that the vig doesn't know they're a vig, so that solution won't work.

My initial thought here is that everyone should target the people we personally find *scummiest* with our abilities; the most valuable thing a doctor can do is to vig a carrier. and two doctors have a chance of doing that (quack, CPR doc).

thoughts?

other considerations: do we announce our intended targets (with the nurse lying)? that would help us in the case that the weak doctor targets a carrier. my instinct is no, that this helps carriers more than it helps town, but idk.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2020, 12:55:14 pm »

so this appears to be a Dethy variant, and most of these are solvable wins for town. specifically, this seems quite similar to 7-player Dethy (2 mafia, 4 cops of varying skill, 1 vig). However, the difference here is that the vig doesn't know they're a vig, so that solution won't work.

My initial thought here is that everyone should target the people we personally find *scummiest* with our abilities; the most valuable thing a doctor can do is to vig a carrier. and two doctors have a chance of doing that (quack, CPR doc).

thoughts?

other considerations: do we announce our intended targets (with the nurse lying)? that would help us in the case that the weak doctor targets a carrier. my instinct is no, that this helps carriers more than it helps town, but idk.

I agree that we should try to pick scum. However, I think the best plan is everyone picking exactly 1 person, most likely in a single chain (we could use setup order, for example, but I hate that). If everyone picks scumreads, then the chances of vigging scum are severely lowered, as the real docs will also pick them. Besides, if we spread out, we make sure the vig is unapposed, and we can learn from the weak doctor.

With this I suggest we all announce our targets, and try to coordinate a chain of 8 people all targeting each other in a circle, with the 9th person replacing whoever we exile. Exiling doesn't break knowing exactly which doctors there are, since the nurse replaces them.

I have a pretty convoluted plan for picking how we setup the chain, but that's not very important right now.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2020, 01:00:15 pm »

thoughts?

I agree that we should try to pick scum. However, I think the best plan is everyone picking exactly 1 person, most likely in a single chain (we could use setup order, for example, but I hate that). If everyone picks scumreads, then the chances of vigging scum are severely lowered, as the real docs will also pick them. Besides, if we spread out, we make sure the vig is unapposed, and we can learn from the weak doctor.

With this I suggest we all announce our targets, and try to coordinate a chain of 8 people all targeting each other in a circle, with the 9th person replacing whoever we exile. Exiling doesn't break knowing exactly which doctors there are, since the nurse replaces them.

I have a pretty convoluted plan for picking how we setup the chain, but that's not very important right now.

this seems promising.

i guess another consideration: should we no exile day 1? town have two potential kills, so we theoretically have more killing power than carriers already, so our exile isn't the biggest consideration. i'm kind of leaning toward vote: no exile right now, force the carriers to try to kill our vigs for us, and put it on them to get thru the backup.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2020, 01:03:45 pm »

No exile's fine, but I don't like randomizing what nurse ends up as. Knowing that the nurse isn't dead if they don't flip is good, however.

Oh hey that gives me a good question.

If the nurse turns into a doctor, do they now flip as a doctor, or a nurse?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2020, 01:11:18 pm »

No exile's fine, but I don't like randomizing what nurse ends up as. Knowing that the nurse isn't dead if they don't flip is good, however.

I guess one variation we could do is to have the nurse claim, and then everyone else targets in a circle. This increases the odds of vigging a carrier n1 while we're at it

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2020, 01:13:22 pm »

I guess one variation we could do is to have the nurse claim, and then everyone else targets in a circle. This increases the odds of vigging a carrier n1 while we're at it

Then whoever isn't being protected is NK'd, in this case, the nurse.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2020, 01:16:34 pm »

Is that a bad outcome? I would imagine otherwise it's pretty random whom we lose. Having an ic is nice.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2020, 01:17:58 pm »

Going into day 2 minus the nurse, and with all of us knowing for sure who the vigs are seems like a plus.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2020, 01:18:52 pm »

Is that a bad outcome? I would imagine otherwise it's pretty random whom we lose. Having an ic is nice.

I think it's much better to have an IC tomorrow than today. That's the day where we want information and to definitely catch scum, right? So why have them claim today if they're just going to die at night?

I guess it simplifies who the NK target is, but I think having the IC alive is better.

Going into day 2 minus the nurse, and with all of us knowing for sure who the vigs are seems like a plus.

There is a jailkeeper and a weak doctor, it's not perfect.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2020, 01:21:16 pm »

I think it's much better to have an IC tomorrow than today. That's the day where we want information and to definitely catch scum, right? So why have them claim today if they're just going to die at night?

I guess it simplifies who the NK target is, but I think having the IC alive is better.

There is a jailkeeper and a weak doctor, it's not perfect.

Yeah I wasn't considering the jk, good point.

(I think mix is town)

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2020, 01:23:54 pm »

Likewise.

Vote: Dylan

I prefer exiling D1 than not, since D1's the best day, so I still like my way better, but otherwise yours seems good, and what we should end up going for if the nurse outs themselves D1 most likely.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2020, 01:28:22 pm »

They will flip as doctor.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2020, 01:53:35 pm »

I looked in the setup, but did not see an answer for this:

When Doctors flip, do they flip as the specific flavor or just generic Doctor?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2020, 01:53:47 pm »

Swowl came out from one of the many bedrooms, rubbing tired eyes. "What's going on?"

well MM nailed my persona pretty dead on lol
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2020, 01:57:47 pm »

Am I missing something or are you guys missing something?

Only one vig right?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2020, 01:58:31 pm »

suprise.. its me. mis read CPR doctor. got it.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2020, 01:58:49 pm »

Welcome Straw!

Vote: Straw
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2020, 02:02:06 pm »

It's early and I have not had time to think about it... but announcing targets = bad... except no one knows wtf is gonna happen... still mathing out how that would "for sure" solve us who is who. i mean skum obviously lies to convoluted things... and because they have to claim some target. how would we parse who is who in this situation?
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2020, 02:09:04 pm »

I looked in the setup, but did not see an answer for this:

When Doctors flip, do they flip as the specific flavor or just generic Doctor?

They will flip as generic Doctor.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.