Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15  All

Author Topic: M131: Quarantine Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 41637 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M131: COVID-19 Mafia
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2020, 10:05:27 am »

I'm /in

Welcome! Please be sure to sign the civility pledge (found here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7695.0) and if you don't want the captcha every time, make a post outside the mafia games forum (here is a good topic for that: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18043.0)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:33:33 am by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2020, 10:58:28 am »

I had a publicly-posted resolution order for night actions. I would recommend the same...

Is it really that complicated, though? It looks complicated, but you just have to resolve Paranoid first, then see which players are being killed/protected, right?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2020, 11:06:02 am »

I just know that when I ran it there were a lot a lot a lot of questions for me. Of course, that was the early Wild West days of forum mafia and some of those questions have obvious established answers now (like no, Robz, you can't link out to a Google Sheet :P)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2020, 12:30:10 pm »

18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2020, 02:55:13 pm »

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2020, 04:44:35 pm »

18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2020, 12:07:24 am »

As noted in Post #2, this game will not start until Marvel is over.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2020, 11:46:03 pm »

I'm /out, sorry
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2020, 02:28:39 am »

i'll /in then

she/her

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2020, 06:39:59 pm »

Is it really appropriate to me making a COVID-19 themed game whilst we're still in the pandemic and over 700,000 people have died from it? To me this seems just as insensitive as using the word lynch in these games
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2020, 11:28:10 pm »

Are you against the lynch thing?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2020, 04:54:28 am »

Are you against the lynch thing?
Yes I am because it's insensitive (see my posts on that thread). But I don't see how this isn't insensitive too

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2020, 07:18:25 am »

Is it really appropriate to me making a COVID-19 themed game whilst we're still in the pandemic and over 700,000 people have died from it? To me this seems just as insensitive as using the word lynch in these games

Does anyone who actually signed up for the game think this?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2020, 09:25:34 am »

Does anyone who actually signed up for the game think this?

This is a hard one. The problem with lynch was that it excluded people and represented terrorist actions against a whole group of people based solely on skin color. This seems different, but there is still a lot of emotional pain involved. If anyone feels like their experiences are being trivialized, then I agree it is a problem. I think of mafia as a way to deal with dark things, but maybe I am insulated enough from the virus so far that I don't understand how others might be feeling.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2020, 11:44:27 am »

Here's how I look at it: In the midst of hardship, one of the best things I think we can do is find the humor within it. It is no joke that over 700,000 people have died, but it is funny how everyone freaked out and emptied the stores of toilet paper. So I think having a mafia game themed after it is just harmless fun. After all, mafia itself is themed after real-life mafias that have murdered plenty of people and committed many crimes, and yet we still play with the theme of mafia for fun.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2020, 01:02:09 pm »

i feel like this is a current event, whose legacy hasn't been yet settled

what's okay and what's too insensitive, we don't know yet; this stuff gets decided by trial and error. and now is the best time to explore it. so yea i think we should go forward with this, but keep an eye out to see if any problems arise. and be willing to listen if they do.

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2020, 01:09:00 pm »

I think it could easily be called quarantine mafia of the specific reference is offensive to the players or the community.

I don’t think either yams or I intend to make jokes at anyone’s expense or make light of suffering that would render the game offensive.

But for sure scum has a toilet paper hoarder.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2020, 10:33:45 am »

With marvel mafia over, there are currently no games running on this site. That is just wrong.

This game will start later today, unless there are any objections.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2020, 01:31:39 pm »

/tag :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2020, 01:35:26 pm »

In the interest of the above, I have decided to rename the game to "Quarantine" mafia, in order to be a little more sensitive to those that have lost loved ones to the COVID-19 virus.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M131: Quarantine Mafia
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2020, 02:18:02 pm »

I just went to /in, saw the game was full, got sad, then realized I already joined earlier and forgot. Now I'm happy again.

Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2020, 04:31:07 pm »

The setup is being put together as we speak. PMs will be out shortly. In the meantime, Thread Locked! except for /tags.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2020, 04:50:04 pm »

All PMs have been sent out! Please /confirm in your QTs. Night 0 will start once all players have confirmed and will last ~24 hours.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2020, 05:28:48 pm »

/tag
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2020, 08:12:33 am »

/tag
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.