Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15  All

Author Topic: M131: Quarantine Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 41632 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
M131: Quarantine Mafia (Game Over)
« on: August 13, 2020, 11:09:01 am »

Masks are required to enter this game.

Welcome to M131: Quarantine Mafia!

This game is for 9 players, and is classified as normal. It uses an open setup called Medical Mafia. See post #2

Comod: WestCoastDidds

Players:

1. MiX
2. cayvie
3. Awaclus
4. scolapasta
5. Swowl Killed N1. Doctor.
6. EFHW
7. Dylan32 Killed N1. Doctor.
8. jotheonah Killed N1. Doctor.
9. Straw

Tags:

The Rules:

The Golden Rule:
This is a game. Everyone who signs up to play must be considerate of each other, never get personal, and focus on having fun. Once the game starts, having signed up is a commitment: inactivity is just as inconsiderate as rude comments.

The Standard Rules:
1. No communication between players outside of the game thread or shared QTs at any time. This includes passing references, jokes, or cases in other games or threads, whether in context or not.
2. If the game thread is locked, do not post. If you are unsure if something is locked, ask the mod by PM.
3. Direct or verbatim quoting of mod-provided information (including QT opening and closing times) is strictly forbidden. Paraphrasing is okay.
4. Actions with instructions that do not specify a game state will be resolved in the order they are received.
5. All night actions must be submitted within 36 hours of day ending.
6. Players must post once every 24 hours.
7. Do not edit or delete posts, ever. If you need to clarify or correct something, post again.
8. Invisible text, font size less than 10, and spoiler tags are not allowed.
9. Cryptography is not allowed.
10. The time between an exile being reached and a flip being provided is called twilight. All players may continue posting during this time, including the exiled player.
11. Dead players may not post in thread or QT, except their Role QT. An exiled player is not "dead" until a flip has been provided.
12. Personal multimedia, such as video or audio recordings, are not allowed in the game thread.

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in this format: Vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable, or any string that uniquely identifies a user. Note that the point of voting is, in fact, unambiguity, and attempting to make it unclear to other players (or, of course, mods) which user you are voting for is very ill-advised.
2. Unvotes should be in this format:
unvote or Unvote: Playername.
3. Unvotes are not required if changing your vote from one player to another.
4. You may
vote: no exile.
5. Exiles occur when a simple majority (rounded up) of living players is reached. Once reached, an exile cannot be undone.
6. If a majority lynch is not reached by the Day's deadline, no lynch occurs.

The Rest:
1. Bold, limegreen text is reserved for the mod. Players may not use it.
2. If you have an issue or problem with the game, please PM the Mod. Do not post complaints in the game thread.
3. Mods make mistakes - please point them out gently. If they can be corrected, they will. If irreversible, they will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. If a mod error disadvantages one faction greatly, the game may be called off.
5. Ask all questions and make all requests directly to the Mod via PM. Questions deemed as "universal" (defined as questions for which the answers should be available to all players) will be requested to be re-posted in the Game Thread and answered there.
6. Players may request prods on other players if they have not posted in 24 hours. Players are subject to replacement or modkill after one prod.
7. All rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, as determined by the mod.
8. Each player will receive their own QT, regardless of role. Don't quote from it.
9. If the game goes on for 3 days and 3 nights without a lynch or nightkill, town wins.

Deadlines:
1. Days will last seven IRL days.
2. Nights will last between 36 and 48 hours.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 10:37:18 am by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M131: COVID-19 Mafia
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 11:09:16 am »

This game will use the setup Medical Mafia, with changes adjusted for quarantine flavor.

Flavor: In this game, Mafia will be known as Carriers. Carrier nightkills will be known as "Infecting", and exiles will be known as "Testing."

Setup:

This is a 9 player setup, with the following roles:
- 2 Carriers
- 1 Doctor
- 1 Weak Doctor
- 1 CPR Doctor
- 1 Paranoid Doctor
- 1 Quack Doctor
- 1 Naive Doctor
- 1 Nurse

Mechanics:

- Daystart
- Every player who is a Doctor is not told which version they are, and will be revealed as "Doctor"
- Doctors who protect only stop a single nightkill
- Weak Doctor dies if it targets a Mafia Goon (and isn't protected themself)
- CPR Doctor saves their target from a nightkill, but if the player isn't actually targeted for a nightkill, the CPR Doctor kills them instead.
- Paranoid Doctor is the functional equivalent of a Jailkeeper
- Quack Doctor kills their target instead of protecting them, the functional equivalent of a Vigilante
- Naive Doctor does nothing at all
- Nurse becomes the role of the first Doctor to die.
- Endgame Ruling: Mafia win when they control 50% of the town, regardless of whichever Doctor(s) are still alive.

Role QTs:

Welcome to M131, [playername]! You are a Carrier, along with your partner [playername].

Abilities:
Factional Communication: Each Night, you may talk with your partner here: [link]
Infection: Each night, you or your partner may Infect another player. That player will die.

You win when you control 50% of the town. Please /confirm when you have read and understand your role.

Welcome to M131, [playername]! You are a Town Doctor!

Abilities:
You have an expirimental vaccine that is supposed to protect others from COVID-19. Each night, you may give another player this vaccine. You're not exactly sure what it will do, though...

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least 1 town player alive. Please /confirm when you have read and understand your role.

Welcome to M131, [playername]! You are a Town Nurse!

Abilities:
Upon the death of the first Doctor, you will gain access to their experimental vaccine.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least 1 town player alive. Please /confirm when you have read and understand your role.

Note: This game will not start until after Marvel Mafia has ended.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:34:39 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 11:28:28 am »

/in, I've looked at this setup a bunch and it's pretty interesting.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 11:36:47 am »

I believe we played this setup for Mafia 5! It ended hilariously.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 11:42:27 am »

/in
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 11:45:36 am »

Do kills and protections stack? I.e. if weak doctor targets a goon and is also the target of a nightkill, and they're being targeted by the regular doctor and the CPR doctor, would they live?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 11:48:36 am »

Do kills and protections stack? I.e. if weak doctor targets a goon and is also the target of a nightkill, and they're being targeted by the regular doctor and the CPR doctor, would they live?

Yes, kills and protections stack.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 12:14:57 pm »

/in
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 02:10:43 pm »

/intern
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 02:27:46 pm »

/INfected
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 05:31:01 pm »

I'm /in.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 05:32:40 pm »

/intrigued
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 06:04:59 pm »

If the paranoid doctor targets the weak doctor who is targeting a goon, does the weak doctor's ability trigger?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 06:18:34 pm »

If the paranoid doctor targets the weak doctor who is targeting a goon, does the weak doctor's ability trigger?

No, because the weak doctor never targeted the goon since they were roleblocked.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2020, 06:44:00 pm »

Does a regular doctor protect someone from death who is targeted by the quack or cpr doctor (and not also targeted for infection)?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 07:13:36 pm »

Does a regular doctor protect someone from death who is targeted by the quack or cpr doctor (and not also targeted for infection)?

Yes, doctors who protect from kills protect from all kinds of kills.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 07:27:36 pm »

It’s like a game of try to stump yams!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2020, 07:51:48 pm »

Ah hah, but since you're comod, they're trying to stump you too!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2020, 11:23:56 pm »

Ah hah, but since you're comod, they're trying to stump you too!

Truth! But you know the answers! (whew!)
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 12:09:16 am »

Mafia win con triggers at start of day yeah?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 12:39:24 am »

Mafia win con triggers at start of day yeah?

It triggers whenever mafia have 50% of town, start or end of day  At least, that's what I think it means when it says "regardless of whatever doctors are alive." (Otherwise, a game of 2 mafia, the CPR doctor, and the Quack doctor going into night could result in a town win).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 09:09:05 am »

I ran this as my first ever modding gig. With Dominion flavor.

/in
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 09:11:51 am »

For those of you interested in ancient history: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2893.0
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 09:16:20 am »

I had a publicly-posted resolution order for night actions. I would recommend the same...

He/him

Straw

• Pawn
    • View Profile
    • 17th Shard
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 09:50:42 am »

I'm /in
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 20 queries.