Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: M130: Star Trek: Voyager mafia (Game Over: Maquis Win!)  (Read 18905 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
M130: Star Trek: Voyager mafia (Game Over: Maquis Win!)
« on: July 29, 2020, 02:14:04 pm »

Welcome to Star Trek: Voyager Mafia

I noticed that there are no games in sign-ups right now. Since I ran DS9 a couple of times I thought I would try to run a Voyager-themed setup.

The setup is a re-flavoring of War in the Palace by PokerFace.

It's an open, nightless setup for 7 ofto 9 players. It has very weird rules, including a plurality exile rule.

The Voyager crew has just been stranded in the Delta Quadrant. Starfleet Captain Kathryn Janeway and Maquis Commander Chakotay have decided to work together to get their crews home. OR HAVE THEY? It turns out old habits die hard, and some members of the crew want to see Chakotay in charge. In addition, Seska, a Cardassian spy formerly embedded in the Maquis crew, wants them all dead.

Two players will have the roles of Janeway and Chakotay. They win if the other one dies and Seska dies and they still live. They have no information about other players' identities. They each have a once-per-game daykill which has to be public if the other Captain is alive but can be secret if the other Captain is dead.

One player will have the role of Seska. She wins if Janeway and Chakotay both die -- whether she's alive or not. She has a twice-per-game day kill, but loses a kill every time a Captain dies. This kill can be made secretly and can be used as long as she's alive, including at twilight when she has already been voted up for exile.

The other four or six players will be Voyager crew members loyal to either Janeway or Chakotay. They have no special powers but know the identity of their Captain.

When a Captain dies, all that Captain's loyal crewmembers are thrown in the brig and are out of the game. The game continues until the remaining team either eliminates the assassin or the assassin kills their heir.

It is possible, though unlikely, to end up with the two heirs alive and no one else. In this scenario, the crews have learned to work together as one, just like on the show! It's considered a Happily Ever After victory for everyone except Seska.

Signups:
1. WestCoastDidds
2. MiX
3. shraeye
4. pubby
5. Joseph2302
6. Glooble
7. scolapasta

8?
9?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:50:35 pm by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M130: Star Trek: Voyager mafia
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 02:14:13 pm »

The Rules:

The Golden Rule:
This is a game. Everyone who signs up to play must be considerate of each other, never get personal, and focus on having fun. Once the game starts, having signed up is a commitment: inactivity is just as inconsiderate as rude comments.

The Standard Rules:
1. No communication between players outside of the game thread at any time. This includes passing references, jokes, or cases in other games or threads, whether in context or not.
2. If the game thread is locked, do not post. If you are unsure if something is locked, ask the mod by PM.
3. Direct or verbatim quoting of mod-provided information (including QT opening and closing times) is strictly forbidden. Paraphrasing is okay.
4. Actions with instructions that do not specify a game state will be resolved in the order they are received.
5. Players must post once every 24 hours.
6. Do not edit or delete posts, ever. If you need to clarify or correct something, post again.
7. Invisible text, font size less than 10, and spoiler tags are not allowed.
8. Cryptography is not allowed.
9. The time between an exile being reached and a flip being provided is called twilight. All players may continue posting during this time, including the exiled player.
10. Dead players may not post in thread or QT, except their Role QT. An exiled player is not "dead" until a flip has been provided.
11. Personal multimedia, such as video or audio recordings, are not allowed in the game thread.

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in this format: Vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable, or any string that uniquely identifies a user. Note that the point of voting is, in fact, unambiguity, and attempting to make it unclear to other players (or, of course, mods) which user you are voting for is very ill-advised.
2. Unvotes should be in this format: unvote or Unvote: Playername.
3. Unvotes are not required if changing your vote from one player to another.
4. You may NOT vote: no exile.
5. Exiles occur when a simple majority (rounded up) of living players is reached. Once reached, an exile cannot be undone.
6. If a majority exile is not reached by the Day's deadline, a plurality exile takes place. Ties will be resolved randomly.

The Rest:
1. Bold, purple text is reserved for the mod. Players may not use it.
2. If you have an issue or problem with the game, please PM the Mod. Do not post complaints in the game thread.
3. Mods make mistakes - please point them out gently. If they can be corrected, they will. If irreversible, they will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. If a mod error disadvantages one faction greatly, the game may be called off.
5. Ask all questions and make all requests directly to the Mod via PM. Questions deemed as "universal" (defined as questions for which the answers should be available to all players) will be requested to be re-posted in the Game Thread and answered there.
6. Players may request prods on other players if they have not posted in 24 hours. Players are subject to replacement or modkill after one prod.
7. All rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, as determined by the mod.
8. Each player will receive their own QT, regardless of role. Don't quote from it.

Deadlines:
1. Days will last seven IRL days.
2. At the conclusion of the day, the thread will be briefly locked, flips will be posted, and the next day will begin.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 02:19:46 pm by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 02:19:55 pm »

Role PMs:

Janeway
You are Captain Kathryn Janeway. You win the game if you are alive, Chakotay is dead, and Seska is dead. You have a 1-shot kill you may use at any time. If Chakotay is still alive, then this kill must be done in thread by posting Kill: X. If Chakotay is dead then you may post the same instruction here, in your QT. Use your vote to figure out who is on your side and weed out the rest.

Chakotay
You are Chakotay. You win the game if you are alive, Janeway is dead, and Seska is dead. You have a 1-shot kill you may use at any time. If the Janeway is still alive, then this kill must be done in thread by posting Kill: X. If Janeway is dead then you may post the same instruction here, in your QT. Use your vote to figure out who is on your side and weed out the rest.

Starfleet
You are [Flavor Name] a starfleet officer, loyal to Captain Janeway, aka XXX. She’s the captain of the ship and you’re not going to let Chakotay’s mutiny take her down. You win the game if XXXX is alive, Chakotay is dead, and Seska is dead. If Captain Janeway should die, Chakotay’s thugs would surely throw you in the brig where you wouldn’t be of much use to anyone. When you die you will be revealed to be a crewmember, but not as Starfleet or Maquis. Use your vote to figure out who is on your side and weed out the rest.

Maquis
You are [Flavor Name], a Maquis freedom fighter, loyal to Commander Chakotay, aka XXX. It’s Janeway’s fault we’re stranded out here; she doesn’t deserve to lead the ship. You win the game if XXXX is alive, the Janeway is dead, and Seska is dead. If those Starfleet punks take out Chakotay, they’ll throw all his sympathizers in the brig where you won’t be of much use to anyone. When you die you will be revealed to be a crewmember, but not as Starfleet or Maquis. Use your vote to figure out who is on your side and weed out the rest.

Seska
You are Seska, a Cardassian spy who ended up here by accident. You want Janeway, Chakotay, and all of them to suffer while you start a new life in the Delta Quadrant. You have kill(s) you may use at any time during the game including at the time of your death. The number of kills you have is always equal to the number of Captains currently alive in the game. If one Captain dies, you will lose one of your kills. No player is immune to kills. You win the game if Janeway and Chakotay are both dead.. You don't have to be alive to win. You also win the game if all other crewmembers die and only you and both Captains are alive. Use your vote and kills to take Voyager down.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 02:36:10 pm by jotheonah »

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 02:22:07 pm »

That was fast! You are awesome! /in
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 02:23:11 pm »

More multiball?

I'm /in.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 02:24:11 pm »

It's sort of multiball. Sort of multitown? Idk, it looked interesting. I don't know if we've run any assassin in the palace variants here before.

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 03:01:16 pm »

/in

Two questions:

Will there be an extended twilight?

Are the two teams guaranteed to be even?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 03:09:32 pm »

Will there be an extended twilight?

Depends on who's alive, but generally yes. Twilight will be long enough to give people with shots a reasonable opportunity to take them.

Are the two teams guaranteed to be even?

Yes. Crewmembers will be 2/2 or 3/3. The game will not launch with 8 players.

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 12:54:24 pm »

\in

sounds fun

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 12:59:38 pm »

WHOOOOOAAAAOOOHHH we're halfway there.

He/him

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 01:17:47 am »

WHOOOOOAAAAOOOHHH we're halfway there.
Just remember to hold on to what we've got

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 02:21:51 am »

/in

beam me down scotty

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 04:07:42 am »

WHOAAAAA
we're halfway thereeeee
WHOAAAAA OH!
LIVING ON A PRAYER
take my hand
we'll make it I swear
whoaaaa OH
livin on a PRAYER

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 04:51:16 am »

/in
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 04:56:23 pm »

WHOAAAAA
we're halfway thereeeee
WHOAAAAA OH!
LIVING ON A PRAYER
take my hand
we'll make it I swear
whoaaaa OH
livin on a PRAYER
That formatting is messing me up.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2020, 08:08:44 am »

/out
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 11:55:42 am »

I will /in.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 12:10:19 pm »

somebody recruit one more person please!

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 12:11:49 pm »

F/ine.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2020, 12:33:06 pm »

somebody recruit one more person please!

Aw snap...Scola showed up (hooray!) otherwise it was time for classic Diddsian meddling!! 

I'd have started with e, raerae, and Jimmm.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2020, 12:34:51 pm »

And if pubby is playing maybe he could get Brighty, too.  Cavyie might have time, too.  Skip is another good choice.

Yeah, I like the meddling.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2020, 01:16:42 pm »

Great! I'm fine firing with seven because the setup is su[[osed to be more balanced that way anyway. I'll get PMs out today.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2020, 01:35:49 pm »

Locking the thread and moving it to Mafia Game Threads.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2020, 01:42:46 pm »

Ok! PMs are out. Please confirm participation in your QT.

Since this setup has no shared QTs and no nights, we can start Day 1 as soon as everyone confirms.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 08:01:59 am »

“We're alone in an uncharted part of the galaxy. We have already made some friends here, and some enemies,” Janeway says. “We have no idea of the dangers we're going to face, but one thing is clear. Both crews are going to have to work together if we're to survive. That's why Commander Chakotay and I have agreed that this should be one crew. A Starfleet crew. And as the only Starfleet vessel assigned to the Delta Quadrant, we'll continue to follow our directive to seek out new worlds and explore space. But our primary goal is clear. Even at maximum speeds, it would take seventy five years to reach the Federation, but I'm not willing to settle for that. There's another entity like the Caretaker out there somewhere who has the ability to get us there a lot faster. We'll be looking for her, and we'll be looking for wormholes, spatial rifts, or new technologies to help us. Somewhere along this journey, we'll find a way back. Mister Paris, set a course for home.”

But just days after her little speech, dissatisfaction among the crew is growing. Torres and Neelix don’t like following Starfleet orders and protocol. Tuvok and Kim don’t like having to work with and take orders from former criminals. And Seska... Seska just seems mad at everyone.

It’s gonna be a long journey home.

Day 1 Begins

With seven alive, it takes four or a deadline plurality to exile.

The day ends at 8:00 am forum time on Tuesday, August 11.

THREAD UNLOCKED

He/him
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.