Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Duration next turn effect + Way of the Chameleon  (Read 1023 times)

grep

• Explorer
  • Respect: +457
    • View Profile
Duration next turn effect + Way of the Chameleon
« on: July 29, 2020, 02:41:13 am »

Suppose I play Gatekeeper with Way of the Chameleon. Will Chameleon affect the next turn effect and I get +3 Cards?
What about Chameleoned Hireling, will it give +$1 each subsequent turn?

To my understanding, the answer is yes, and it means that dominion.games has a bug

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1351
    • View Profile
Re: Duration next turn effect + Way of the Chameleon
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 02:49:17 am »
+6

Suppose I play Gatekeeper with Way of the Chameleon. Will Chameleon affect the next turn effect and I get +3 Cards?
What about Chameleoned Hireling, will it give +$1 each subsequent turn?

To my understanding, the answer is yes, and it means that dominion.games has a bug

No.  The text on the Way states "Follow this card's instructions; each time that would give you +Cards this turn, you get +$ instead, and vice-versa." (emphasis mine)  The official FAQ clarifies this, saying "If you play a Duration card using Way of the Chameleon, only the +$ and +Cards you get that turn are affected; for example, if you play Merchant Ship (from Seaside) and use Way of the Chameleon, you will get +2 Cards this turn, but the normal +$2 next turn."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:03:42 am by mxdata »
They/them

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: Duration next turn effect + Way of the Chameleon
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:40:53 am »
+1

Basically the reason for that wording boils boils down to tracking issues IRL. You are supposed to remember what you do/did the current turn, but remembering how many of your Duaration cards you Chameleon'ed last turn may be hard in a 4 player game, for example.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.