Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 189660 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D6)
« Reply #1700 on: August 26, 2020, 11:01:48 am »

Oh my god y'all were sitting in the speccy knowing that EFHW was town? *sigh* that's just mean!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: August 26, 2020, 11:08:12 am »

Oh my god y'all were sitting in the speccy knowing that EFHW was town? *sigh* that's just mean!

You were mean. What the "phew" about?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: August 26, 2020, 11:09:12 am »

Oh my question of "are you scum?" was addressed to scola and I thought you were answering for him.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)
« Reply #1703 on: August 26, 2020, 11:11:07 am »

Dude, Scola. For realz. That was amazeballs.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: August 26, 2020, 11:11:45 am »

You were scummy! What could I do? Your opening vote on D6 made no sense whatsoever, and I think that poisoned everything in my reread.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: August 26, 2020, 11:14:42 am »

You were scummy! What could I do? Your opening vote on D6 made no sense whatsoever, and I think that poisoned everything in my reread.

Can't you see your own townieness? Could you possibly be scum?

From my perspective (before I knew Isis' cop result) scum was either EFHW or scola, so of course they would both vote each other instantly at the start of D6.

It is scummier to vote first, but I think in this scenario it's just NAI.

Your reread was overall biased, but the reasons you pointed out weren't that bad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 26, 2020, 11:31:11 am »

Can't you see your own townieness? Could you possibly be scum?

From my perspective (before I knew Isis' cop result) scum was either EFHW or scola, so of course they would both vote each other instantly at the start of D6.

It is scummier to vote first, but I think in this scenario it's just NAI.

Your reread was overall biased, but the reasons you pointed out weren't that bad.
The opening vote was okay, but then she unvoted which made little sense.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: August 26, 2020, 11:32:33 am »

The opening vote was okay, but then she unvoted which made little sense.

If voting's NAI, unvoting is also NAI. There's so many better things in the game that you can use as a read other than XiLo votes.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: August 26, 2020, 11:47:58 am »

Wow. That was fun.

Now that's there are no other games (I kept having to bite my tongue in the QT), I can finally say this, my first game as scum.

That was stressful. I spent way too much time thinking about this, as you can probably tell from my "journaling".

I am so happy that SpaceAnemone's Gambit was successful. I was a little surprised no one questioned the logic I used when I kept "suspecting" people (MiX, Swowl, EFHW) of trying to get Dylan to X-1 to create the chaos as flawed, that it would have been better to stay away from Dylan and wait until there were 4 left. Which is what I was trying to do since Galz had to ask that question. Argh! (I was very upset when you did that!)

Going to read the speccy now, I'll post some more thoughts some time later. (though you have much of my thinking in the mafia QT, of course).

I have a feeling it's going to be really hard for me to be scum again anytime soon.

Oh, and thank you space for ignoring (or maybe just not seeing?) my idea to no NK on N2. That would have been B-A-D.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: August 26, 2020, 12:26:44 pm »

Some speccy thread observations, typed as I read:

1. I did catch the Donald X reference. Not the specific, but it was familiar in the back of my head, and it just sounded like his writing.

2. Mix's fake confession - yeah, as scum, it was interesting trying to figure out how to fake react (and whether to do it at all)

3. It's interesting about the gambit, as I reread our villain QT and I don't think it was even really something we questioned - space just mentioned sacrificing a point, and the rest of us just accepted that that was doable, naturally

4. "I blame scola for always taking the easy way out" :)

5. Ah, so Isis copped EFHW. I obv knew it wasn't MiX (well, at least not guilty MiX); I thought it was Dylan, actually. I framed Galz N1 (and the only time I used my power).

6. Galz, of course, was right, I was scum - but I wasn't the one to point out daychat - that was Dylan. I agree it would have been risky to do both (though to be honest, I am a setup read / rereading nerd, so not completely out of the question).

7. Also I was annoyed that Robz claimed 11 seconds later! I'm surprised every one other than Galz played it off, though I do hope my push back against it maybe had some effect. Either way, this was was my tell tale heart all game!

8. Oh, and and also I didn't actually hammer Dylan, did I? I mean technically I tried - and yeah, I realized later that was a mistake, but I think it was actually Galz. But then sonehow, faust gave me townie points for the hammer, non hammer, so yay?

9. Thanks all for the complimentary statements. I wish Isis hadn't copped EFHW, because it would've been interesting to read who y'all thought was scum with her still as a candidate. Like, you clearly knew it was me or faust, and realistically it couldn't be faust. But if you hadn't known?

10. Re: who to NK the last night - I still think it had to be swowl. I mean it was obvious, but I don't think I could've won with either other. Swowl and EFHW definitely vote me, and swowl and faust probably? I had to spin it like we would all kill swowl and it was NAI, which I tried (and do believe there's some merit to that argument). I almost tried NO NK too, which frankly could've been interesting to try.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: August 26, 2020, 12:27:32 pm »

Great job, scola! When I was exiled—on my birthday, no less!—I thought we were pretty done for. Doubly so, when Space got vigged. But thanks to the gambit working out so well, and scola playing a super duper sneaky scum game, we pulled out the win. Excellent!

You'll see from our QT that scola and I actually had pretty different philosophies to how to approach things at several points. I favored more confrontational all-out-blitz type play, knowing it was only a matter of time before I was getting exiled anyway. I was worried that scola's strategy of just trying to seem extremely townie wouldn't work because they're be too many ICs and it wouldn't mattered that he looked townie. But in the end, his strategy worked!

I was also not at all sold on taking Role Cop instead of Roleblocker, until Space pointed out the possibility to execute the gambit. Then I was in.

Mafia QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/8ZZG4DZBWpX

We talked a LOT.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: August 26, 2020, 12:29:47 pm »

So, like I said, that was fun.

Frankly, I had no idea how I'd play as scumapasta until I finally got it. It was so hard not to say in the QT (Yay, I'm finally scum!).

And I have no idea how I'll play next time, as clearly I don't think I'll skate by so easily next time.

So, I think I have to retire from forum mafia, as undefeated scum, 1-0!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: August 26, 2020, 12:30:14 pm »

Just kidding. When's the next game? :)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: August 26, 2020, 12:32:14 pm »

Woohoo :-)

Really well played, Scola! I'm in awe of how coolly you handled yourself once Robz and I were out of the picture.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: August 26, 2020, 12:34:54 pm »

I'm also very happy that my gambit suggestion seemed to help us to victory! Apologies to any townies who thought it was underhanded. It was meant to cause confusion of course, but it never occurred to me that it would not seem to be within the rules of the game from a town PoV.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: August 26, 2020, 12:38:02 pm »

Oh, and a few more random observations:

1. I pointed this out in the villain QT (thanks for posting Robz, didn't realize it hadn't been posted yet), but we I thought we all screwed up by all talking about the #s setup in the beginning. Though in the end, that I think was one of the reasons faust cleared me, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

2. It was interesting playing this simultaneously with westworld and mail-mi as mod here, player there. I kept thinking that he's the only one who has knowingly seen scumapasta, I wonder how that affects his reads. Of course, turns out he was scum-mi over there, so it didn't matter.

3. Robz, space, did you follow along in the villain QT as the game kept going? I tried to keep it entertaining.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: August 26, 2020, 12:41:18 pm »

I'm also very happy that my gambit suggestion seemed to help us to victory! Apologies to any townies who thought it was underhanded. It was meant to cause confusion of course, but it never occurred to me that it would not seem to be within the rules of the game from a town PoV.

Right, it didn't even occur for us to ask the mod if it was allowed. I'm still surprised we managed to get a misexile on D4 from it (as I said, I was hoping to make it to D6). And then Dylan suggesting that maybe it was swowl playing us? I Loved that. And tried to use it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: August 26, 2020, 12:54:33 pm »

1. I pointed this out in the villain QT (thanks for posting Robz, didn't realize it hadn't been posted yet), but we I thought we all screwed up by all talking about the #s setup in the beginning. Though in the end, that I think was one of the reasons faust cleared me, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

2. It was interesting playing this simultaneously with westworld and mail-mi as mod here, player there. I kept thinking that he's the only one who has knowingly seen scumapasta, I wonder how that affects his reads. Of course, turns out he was scum-mi over there, so it didn't matter.

3. Robz, space, did you follow along in the villain QT as the game kept going? I tried to keep it entertaining.

Yes, I followed along! All your decisions were very sound.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: August 26, 2020, 12:56:06 pm »

EFHW, in the end, where you still sure it was me? You clearly started to think it might be faust, but I'm really curious how much. I kept trying to figure out how to make a faust case, but a) it was hard! and b) it felt more towny of me not to.

Also, someone pointed out in the the speccy that I kept NKing the people who most suspected me. I knew that was risky, not sure how I pulled that off.

Man, what am I going to do with my mind space that I was reserving for this game now??

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: August 26, 2020, 12:57:23 pm »

If voting first was a scumtell, then lylo wouldn't be a thing. And I voted correctly. There was lots of towniness to see. You didn't want to for some reason. Before the game ending, I thought you had played a masterful scum game in completely sidelining me and convincing scola to vote me. I was surprised scola didn't see through it, but he's new ... Turns out you didn't see through him.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: August 26, 2020, 12:58:18 pm »

EFHW, in the end, where you still sure it was me? You clearly started to think it might be faust, but I'm really curious how much. I kept trying to figure out how to make a faust case, but a) it was hard! and b) it felt more towny of me not to.

Also, someone pointed out in the the speccy that I kept NKing the people who most suspected me. I knew that was risky, not sure how I pulled that off.

Man, what am I going to do with my mind space that I was reserving for this game now??

Play another one, obviously!

Killing who suspects you is how you play the game. Nothing wrong with that.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: August 26, 2020, 01:00:29 pm »

I still wonder how the game would've gone if I hadn't unvoted chairs on D2 and you had hammered. We would've lost you D3 instead, but space would've survived. i.e. I think I made the game much harder for us / myself with that unvote.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: August 26, 2020, 01:00:45 pm »

I was convinced faust was town. Even after I iso'd him and his tunneling me I thought he was town with some gambit in mind. When there was no gambit and he actually voted me, then I had to think he must be scum. You were VERY towny, which is why I unvoted and gave you a chance to talk, in case I had missed something. I hadn't, but then faust supplied it for you.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: August 26, 2020, 01:03:28 pm »

Didn't you see I retired??

I know, but it seemed so obvious. Similar to going back and doing my reread and kept seeing posts of mine and wonering, how did faust (and others) miss this.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: August 26, 2020, 01:04:41 pm »

I still wonder how the game would've gone if I hadn't unvoted chairs on D2 and you had hammered. We would've lost you D3 instead, but space would've survived. i.e. I think I made the game much harder for us / myself with that unvote.

The unvote seems correct, there was no reason for you to get any amount of heat. With the meta you had (past tense, I've got my eyes on you now), as long as you stick to the sidelines you live. Why risk quickhammering town IC and getting caught when you can just win another way?

Didn't you see I retired??

I know, but it seemed so obvious. Similar to going back and doing my reread and kept seeing posts of mine and wonering, how did faust (and others) miss this.

NK analysis is WIFOM and not that good. Everyone could've killed who you killed. It's just that you would always do that, whereas other people could have different opinions.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.