Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 192900 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D4)
« Reply #1450 on: August 17, 2020, 07:57:32 pm »

No hammer yet pretty please.

I have done my defending of MiX. If you’re gonna do it you’re gonna do it. But i wanna read over the shit that happened this weekend.

Just hold off for right now plz. No rush.

Also what changed? (Reminder i haven’t read this weekend yet, so if it’s in there just ignore me)

No point in dragging it out either.

I’ve read your points. I’ve held my own opinions. I’ve read others points as well. There’s only 1 scum left, so a compromise of opinions will need to occur to get an exile. MiX’s play today, his complete defeatism, is more in tune with a scum perspective than town. And finally the points against him are equal to or better than the points against anyone else.

Okay let's think about this for a second. If I'm town, who's scum?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 17, 2020, 08:06:12 pm »

I have done my defending of MiX. If you’re gonna do it you’re gonna do it. But i wanna read over the shit that happened this weekend.

Also what changed? (Reminder i haven’t read this weekend yet, so if it’s in there just ignore me)

I’ve read your points. I’ve held my own opinions. I’ve read others points as well. There’s only 1 scum left, so a compromise of opinions will need to occur to get an exile. MiX’s play today, his complete defeatism, is more in tune with a scum perspective than town. And finally the points against him are equal to or better than the points against anyone else.

Okay let's think about this for a second. If I'm town, who's scum?

I’m not debating this with you, or changing my mind on hammering you. The points that I’ve made on Scola are still valid. Nothing has changed there. You’ve made points against faust, and it’s true that if you’re Town, scum *needed* to draw attention to / get an exile from Isis’s apparent result on you (Yesterday, Scum needed 3 misexiles to win) - which has been Faust’s entire game the past two days. EFHW has done very little to impact the game thusfar, and has come across as trying to just “get by”. Even Swowl could be scum, although that’s ridiculously unlikely.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 17, 2020, 08:20:39 pm »

Okay, so like, everyone can be scum, right?

Now do you understand why I'm being defeatist? I don't want XiLo to be scumsided, but that's what it's going to look like if everyone's in the PoE. So a way for me to help with that is by not getting exiled. So that's pretty much my number 1 focus. I would also like to help find scum, but my scumradar's just wrong this game, as you've seen.

So, here we are. I should get started on your iso before I fall asleep.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 17, 2020, 09:41:20 pm »

not asking you to drag it out... just chill for a sec. finishing making dinner. then sitting down, then reading. there is only like 3 pages, just gimme a few minutes before you do anything.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 17, 2020, 09:43:20 pm »

Okay I don't really wanna do Galz's ISO today but I guess I have to. Posting here so I commit.

It's almost as late now as it was for my Dylan case, so if my takes are just as bad I blame sleepiness.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: August 17, 2020, 10:33:48 pm »

can we lynch efoo instead? pretty please?

Vote: EFHW
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 17, 2020, 10:36:40 pm »

I did the catch up read btw... in case that was not taken as implied.

EFHW is just posting fluff with no like... conclusions. It is just a lot of stuff that looks like towny work but there is no towny aspect of it. Also... it is not something that they normally do.

Also I just don't see MiX still. I get the "oh me oh my" and how that comes off shitty. and yeah... it is eating at me. but like... there are just so many tiny nonsense things that don't make annnyyyy senseeee.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 17, 2020, 10:39:13 pm »

example. they have day chat right.
We are assuming that whichever one was the role cop, copped Isis Night 1.

Then mix just tunnels the balls out of Isis all day? Alone?

I mean I would assume they would just stay away from it all together to then kill them at night and avoid the potential X-1 claim... but like... why would he stick on them?

real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 17, 2020, 11:04:39 pm »

So, Galz is basically the most townread player here, over the claimed PR. Why is that? Let's find out.

As always, I will assume Galz is scum so I have the same bias for all of these, but it's really hard for him, he's my one townread (so most likely scum).

Well uh I think that's actually like x-1 what the hell

Unvote

Oh spare me the faux panicky unvoting when there's little real danger we'd exile MiX.

But also, this.

vote: Chairs

Robz - why did you make this post but not vote for Chairs?

Why does Galz help scum push a wagon in broad daylight? What's the reason for this? It doesn't make sense if they're scum.

As Robz put it via Mcmc: Annoying posting does not equal scummy posting.

(I don’t think it’s annoying at all. ❤️ Hearthstone. Posts make me chuckle).

The point being, there’s nothing in those posts that are alignment indicative. Judge game posts, not fluff posts.

Null, but I went over this post a bunch of times to see if it makes more sense as town or scum. It's a mild way of saying Robz is townie to the thread without saying it himself, but that's about it in terms of not being NAI.

I’m not sold on his explanation for lack of vote against Chairs. At least, he called Chairs post  “annoying but not scummy”, and I disagree - I think it’s scummy. Or at least, I think it’s more in the alignment indicative category than NAI category,

So it it scummy, or just...the opposite of null? This post itself is null as it's factually correct.

Does one of us have to be scum? Why?

Awkward question to Swowl asking pops if Galz or Robz were scum in her eyes. This is just as scummy as the question, however.

I think it’s far easier more likely for scum to hide behind the artifice of false indignation over the existence of off-topic fluff posts than it is for scum to continuously go through the effort of making them. It’s the easiest of ways to appear pro-Town without actually committing to anything game-relevant.

I’m happy with my Chairs vote right now.

Townie post, since it explains his vote on chairs, but I personally don't like it :/

Reading Galz is hard.

Random reads time.

Swowl and I rarely butt heads in games. I also feel like we’re rarely town together - but that’s mostly because he rolled scum 9 games in a row and I feel like I defy the odds on doing so. In any event, he’s not top of my list.

Robz is probably scum. Nothing about his posts suggests this directly, and he’s been super buddy-buddy towards me so it pains me to have this read (especially if he’s in fact town just generally agreeing with me)... but I’m always more suspicious of people agreeing with me than those that disagree with me. Call it Reverse OMGUS.

Pops... I just like her style. Could be scum, but it’s not the vibe I’m getting from her. There was a veiled reference made earlier that pinged me though ... need to do some research before making a conclusion on that.

Chairs is by far the scummiest player. See: Fake reaction to early voting MiX; Fake indignation over fluff posts & vote for Pops; Bad wagoning on Swowl.

EFHW is in this game?

Didds isn’t substance-engaged and it’s weird. But I’m not convinced it makes her scum. I have another reason for being suspicious here, but I’m waiting to see how it develops.

Oh! Dylan is very townie.

MiX is annoying. Probably town because every post he makes leaves me wanting him not to be.

Joth is Joth. Also probably town, but he’s hard for me to read.

Space is slightly scummy, but it’s so mild a lean that it’s probably just a bias I have on reading them.

—-

I think that leaves Scola & LaLight?

Both are pretty neutral for me. Nothing stands out from either. Scola is slightly more memorable in a townie way. LaLight I got nothing on.

Scumreads: Robz/chairs/Space. I have no idea what the read on Swowl is from this, however. Hard to say if it's townie or scummy to scumread scum at this stage of the game.

When did I buddy you???

Lol iso yourself. You’re super agreeable towards me. Not saying I MIND though...

Good breadcrumb of Scarlet Witch, really weird interaction, I can see Galz be scum now, yeah.

what is the chance that this Robz-Galz thing is town v town? what's the chance that it's scum v scum. These are good questions to ask.

The setup and combination of questions is better than what MiX asked regarding Me & Swowl.

Generally speaking, I hate X vs Y questions. They’re setup questions that frame two people in a “one must be scum” light with no real, honest reasoning being it. Town players disagree and debate far more often than town vs scum do. It’s much more townie and reasonable to ask “What’s your read on X”, and “What’s your read on Y”. Asking “What do you think of X vs Y” is just scummy.

Completely destroys any talk about Galz/Robz's alignments. Sure helps if they're both scum.

Points out all the little ways Robz buddied up Galzria. Given Robz' flip on him D2, this seems like a terrible way for Robz to dealwith Galz, right? Unless he was actually bussing instead.

what is the chance that this Robz-Galz thing is town v town? what's the chance that it's scum v scum. These are good questions to ask.

The setup and combination of questions is better than what MiX asked regarding Me & Swowl.

Generally speaking, I hate X vs Y questions. They’re setup questions that frame two people in a “one must be scum” light with no real, honest reasoning being it. Town players disagree and debate far more often than town vs scum do. It’s much more townie and reasonable to ask “What’s your read on X”, and “What’s your read on Y”. Asking “What do you think of X vs Y” is just scummy.

I half agree. It's difficult but not impossible to tell scum vs town apart from town vs town. But it's very worthwhile to look for scum vs scum interactions (outside of multiball) since they're entirely manufactured.

Oh, certainly. Which is why I said that I like the way you put the combinations of questions better than I liked the way MiX phrased his question.

This is just contradictory. He was against what joth said, and then agreed with him?

I half agree. It's difficult but not impossible to tell scum vs town apart from town vs town. But it's very worthwhile to look for scum vs scum interactions (outside of multiball) since they're entirely manufactured.

Oh, certainly. Which is why I said that I like the way you put the combinations of questions better than I liked the way MiX phrased his question.

"Don't worry guys, we're not actually scumreading each other, this is all fake, we're buddies, see?"

I didn't understand this post then, and I don't understand this post now.

Swowl did something legitimately scummy, or at least something I can identify as perhaps scummy, maybe? which is the best I can do for Day 1 at least. It's not buddying you to call this out, just because you happen to be the onus for swowl outing himself (if he is scum).

I'm not saying you don't have a right to make reads - and sure, those reads could be based off interactions that I'm having, that result in you scum reading the person with whom I'm interacting. But they way you've presented it definitely came across as low-key buddying.

Either way, I'm not voting you at this time (and don't plan to anytime soon). It's a low-key gut D1 read. It pinged me, and there's definitely more than one post there to support that suspicion - but I don't think it's anywhere near as scummy as the things that Chairs have done.

Speaking of which, you all should join me on Chairs.

Interact with your partner, vote town, I don't know who's writing the scum textbook but they need to include this there.

I mean really, Galzria hasn't talked to chairs once (feel free to correct me I'm most likely wrong) whereas he's spent almost the entire day going back and forth with Swowl and Robz.

Chairs is by far the scummiest player. See: Fake reaction to early voting MiX; Fake indignation over fluff posts & vote for Pops; Bad wagoning on Swowl.

How...how does Galzria know it's fake? Also why quote this when you can expand on the topic if you want chairs exiled?

Tentative vote: Joth. A number of posts in the last 36 hours or so have pinged me. There’s been an almost... flippancy about his posts that don’t feel like they are genuinely townie.

Debating my feelings towards MiX/Robz/Swowl/LaLight right now. Also way, way, way under the Radar is Space.

This is either townie, or Galzria has decided he should bus for the rest of this game. I can't decide which is true.

I don't believe MiX is scum, and I think we should be exiling Joth instead.

I definitely didn't find Joth as scummy as MiX in my re-read just now.

Do you feel sure that scum!Joth would go after MiX as much as he did for the failed Chairs-hammer, even though MiX was already heavily scumreading Joth?

I do. Consider what could have happened when the Chairs exile didn't go through. People were moving their votes, re-evaluating, etc. From scum!Joth's position, MiX not hammering is an easy sell argument that lets Joth try to prevent the "next up" wagon from landing on him or a scum partner.

Now, in fairness to Joth, his town!self would also push MiX extra hard here, and would see MiX's not hammering and the whole kerfuffle as confirmation bias.

I guess to more clearly answer your question, I think that Joth, as either alignment, does exactly what he did when Chair's exile didn't happen. In considering if he's scum, I don't think he would've done things any differently than he did.

Ugh. This sucks.

MiX is clearly town. Can't we do better?

Scummy. If MiX IS town the only people who know this clearly are scum. You are trying to get out in front of something you know to be a mis-exile?

This post is scummy. I agree with Didds. And while in a world of technicalities you are correct, the fact is town players can have very clear town reads on other players. There is nothing wrong with a player expressing a hard town read on somebody that is on the chopping block. Further, why would scum bother? To get credit for calling a town flip? When has a town (as a whole) gone "wow, that was super townie of them to be so against that town exile!"?

Interacts with partners like they're anyone else. Super townie.

Galz, would you move to chairs to avoid No Exile?

I would move Chairs to avoid a no-exile. I think he's more likely to be scum than MiX is. Joth is still the best choice.

As end of day is approaching, I'll throw this out there:

I think that both you, Robz, and Joth are scum. I read both Chairs and MiX as being mis-exiles waiting to happen.

However, yes, I would still exile Chairs over No-Exile.

Why would scum!Galz commit to scumreading Robz?

And this is the end of D1. Galzria can most definitely be scum...but why? I can sum up his D1 with "Robz is scum", that's not what scum wants to give an impression of. It's clear that with this momentum that Robz is going down D2, why secure it all the way from 4 town wagons, which was D1? What's scum's gameplan here?

I'm not doing more because I'm completely burned out.

Good night everyone.

PPE 3: Listen to Swowl, he knows or is scum, that's my conclusions. Which means, uh, I'm scum, because "I'm town" is the only thing I truly believe in anymore, and that's my current confidence in my reads.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 17, 2020, 11:23:35 pm »

so wait... do you think galz is skum or town?
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 17, 2020, 11:24:28 pm »

I ended that post thinking he was town.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 17, 2020, 11:25:41 pm »

EFHW is just posting fluff with no like... conclusions. It is just a lot of stuff that looks like towny work but there is no towny aspect of it.

This is simply not true. I've laid out my entire thought process re: MiX, including a vote. The fact that I'm trying to help out by posting work I did for my own research should not be held against me! I don't post a lot, but show me some actual fluff, please.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 17, 2020, 11:25:51 pm »

k. so efhw.... or?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 17, 2020, 11:26:41 pm »

EFHW is just posting fluff with no like... conclusions. It is just a lot of stuff that looks like towny work but there is no towny aspect of it.

This is simply not true. I've laid out my entire thought process re: MiX, including a vote. The fact that I'm trying to help out by posting work I did for my own research should not be held against me! I don't post a lot, but show me some actual fluff, please.

RE: every single thing you have posted in a text box ( or whatever those are called)
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 17, 2020, 11:27:28 pm »

I mean I would assume they would just stay away from it all together to then kill them at night and avoid the potential X-1 claim... but like... why would he stick on them?

I don't think this is a good example.

Once D3 started (with Isis the N2 NK), it seemed clear that scum had role copped her. (even if we hadn't known the chairs reveal, I think we would've at least suspected they knew her role, rather than just get wicked lucky).

So having one scum tunnel Isis actually makes sense (*especially* with daychat to coordinate). If you look back at the vote count, you'll see she never got more than 1 vote. i.e. MiX could've always switched gears and left if /when the wagon built up. And MiX is the perfect one of the three to play this role, since his D1 "reads" were so bad, so who's going to follow him (and in fact, no one did).
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 17, 2020, 11:28:36 pm »

Ok, after a lot of thought, I'm back to thinking MiX is the best exile for today. My reasons:

1. He is too upset. Scum!MiX loses the game if he is exiled. Town!MiX would be more pragmatic about the situation. He said he has to stay alive and that is NOT the town wincon. Being so upset is also what's keeping him alive - his Appeals to Emotion are very effective.

2. He has done almost no scumhunting. Town!MiX has a mad method that is surprisingly successful. In this game, he tunneled joth Day 1 and Isis Day 2, with no case for either.

3. He backed off from Robz after a spot-on description of how Robz was being scummy, saying he preferred Isis because she wasn't doing anything.

4. If he is town, yes he would be a prime framing target. But I think the strength of thinking "yes, scum would definitely try to frame town!MiX" has drowned out the possibility that he actually is scum. For scum!MiX, the existence of a framer does not provide any defense.

5. He didn't hammer chairs.

I haven't looked at the Day 3 voting records yet, so I may have more to say later.

vote: MiX

This represents a lot of thinking and reading. I also didn't mention 6. I am reading everyone else as towny. This means I also considered each of the other players in detail.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 17, 2020, 11:29:14 pm »

RE: every single thing you have posted in a text box ( or whatever those are called)

That's not fluff. That's a lot of work and my effort to make it more worthwhile by saving other people the effort.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 17, 2020, 11:29:21 pm »

I don't think this is a good example.

Once D3 started (with Isis the N2 NK), it seemed clear that scum had role copped her. (even if we hadn't known the chairs reveal, I think we would've at least suspected they knew her role, rather than just get wicked lucky).

So having one scum tunnel Isis actually makes sense (*especially* with daychat to coordinate). If you look back at the vote count, you'll see she never got more than 1 vote. i.e. MiX could've always switched gears and left if /when the wagon built up. And MiX is the perfect one of the three to play this role, since his D1 "reads" were so bad, so who's going to follow him (and in fact, no one did).

k fair point! excepppppttt Robz got lynched. What is the point of coordinated day chat and having Mix off if they never go and like... get on a counter wagon?
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 17, 2020, 11:29:49 pm »

Ha! This is towny, of course. But since you knew no one would really buy your scum!galz story, I think it's actually NAI.

ppe 3
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 17, 2020, 11:31:22 pm »

You were pushing MiX for his ISO on Galz, and since I had just isolated all his posts, I put them up for him and anyone else who wants them. I had the scola posts, too, so I put them up. It's not like I clutter the thread with huge walls like some people do!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: August 17, 2020, 11:31:27 pm »

That's not fluff. That's a lot of work and my effort to make it more worthwhile by saving other people the effort.

OK, apologies. I am making a new abbreviation - ICYT (in case your town)...

ICYT - I do not dismiss the amount of work that you put into the boxes. However, as I myself as skum, rely heavily on posting "what I am calling fluff" (i.e. lots of analysis without analysis so that other people can read it) I find it suspicious.

Also you are normally more direct late game. I don't think you can argue with that.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 17, 2020, 11:37:39 pm »

I do argue with that. I've said what I have to say. The ball is in your court (and Galzria's). I'm offended. Both you and Galz dismissed my contributions, which have actually been solid. Just drowned in all the other posting going on.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 17, 2020, 11:45:55 pm »

I do argue with that. I've said what I have to say. The ball is in your court (and Galzria's). I'm offended. Both you and Galz dismissed my contributions, which have actually been solid. Just drowned in all the other posting going on.

I did not mean to offend you.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 17, 2020, 11:46:53 pm »

Ok, thanks. Sorry for the rant.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 17, 2020, 11:47:38 pm »

EFHW - If we were to lynch mix, and then let's say they flip town, then they obviously kill me. who do you look at tomorrow?
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 20 queries.