Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 189653 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D3)
« Reply #1225 on: August 12, 2020, 06:26:14 pm »

Why would Isis say this if they were trying to crumb a result on MiX?

drunk spanish noble woman when you buy a Mill you may gain one of me or i'm also in the supply for 3$
fantastic. Do you think it is possible both mix and chairs are town and we had 3 town wagons?

yes wagons can work that way of course that's possible

Literally drunk is how I took that. Also "wagons can work like that" is true, it's just that she knew it didn't happen. Note the usage of the word "possible". It is possible. It just didn't happen.

In her eyes, anyway, don't take this as saying I'm scum lol.

right I am saying that is she was subtly trying to leave crumbs suggesting she had a result... who would she be "on the fence here"?
If we are to believe all the other crumbs were left to point at you, why would she say it was possible you are town if she actually had a skum result on you?

She was drunk. She answered it pretty vaguely. In her other crumb posts, she was usually talking about more than one thing, notably about crumbing in general, and then how scummy I was. Here she wasn't, so she didn't use her cop result to answer.

I'm coming around to being willing to vote MiX. Is there more we should say today? I'm still working on the vote count record. Could post that before we end the day in case he is town.

PPE several

Aww. It should be X-2 if you were on the wagon before, Dylan put me at X-1 before you moved.

Will re-read and iso tonight. Following Swowl & my camping trip this past Thu-Sun, I went straight to Tahoe (OMG I’m staying in Olympic Village, host to the 1960 Olympics and the place is freaking insane. There’s a private golf course, a waterfall spa, Private tennis courts... all by reservation only due to the times... and holy *^%# the views!!!). I have plenty of service here, but I’m finding myself too busy hiking, swimming, or just relaxing in general. I’m here until Sunday though... so I guess I can force myself to play some forum mafia during this time...

It's weird to say this, but we don't need you today. Feel free to relax! I'm fairly certain I'm being misexiled anyway.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 12, 2020, 06:28:24 pm »

In my mind, the scummiest thing MiX has done is back off of Robz immediately after Robz defended himself. Robz can come across pretty strong, so it's not unthinkable, but I do have a concern that the whole thing was staged. We know now Robz's "shock" is put on here.

PPE: Where?

I agree with you. It's part of why I'm townreading you, picking that up was pretty townie. Then you undo that in EoD2, which is sad, but still townie enough for Dylan to be scum instead.

PPE: Nooooooo now I can't explain it :P

You mean because I said Robz was being townier? I didn't get much response to my voting him and seconding your opinion, and staying strong on Robz is a mistake. He doubles down and I have failed several times at getting him exiled that way. Better to let him think you have weakened in your suspicion and give town some time to think about his scumminess. It came back around.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 12, 2020, 06:30:10 pm »

It would still be X-1, I didn't vote you today.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 12, 2020, 06:30:43 pm »

In my mind, the scummiest thing MiX has done is back off of Robz immediately after Robz defended himself. Robz can come across pretty strong, so it's not unthinkable, but I do have a concern that the whole thing was staged. We know now Robz's "shock" is put on here.

PPE: Where?

I agree with you. It's part of why I'm townreading you, picking that up was pretty townie. Then you undo that in EoD2, which is sad, but still townie enough for Dylan to be scum instead.

PPE: Nooooooo now I can't explain it :P

You mean because I said Robz was being townier? I didn't get much response to my voting him and seconding your opinion, and staying strong on Robz is a mistake. He doubles down and I have failed several times at getting him exiled that way. Better to let him think you have weakened in your suspicion and give town some time to think about his scumminess. It came back around.

Wow, that's...not how I would think. Okay, welcome town!EFHW, nice to meet you. You do have to realize you were my third option after Dylan and scola, but I probably don't need a third option, so I'll just trust you.

It would still be X-1, I didn't vote you today.

Dang. Who's voting me then?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D2)
« Reply #1229 on: August 12, 2020, 06:32:48 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

EFHW (2): Galzria, Swowl
MiX (3): faust, scolapasta, chairs
scolapasta (1): Dylan32
Dylan32 (1): MiX

Not Voting (1): EFHW

With 8 alive it takes 5 to exile.

Day 3 ends at 10:45AM FT on Monday, August 17th.

IC's voting for me? Uncool. Why shoot scum if you're not going to readjust your reads and just exile the other person you could've shot? Am I just way easier to exile so you declare your reads as better than other people and kill both? Because that's not a bad play I need to take it...

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains. But it's still weird.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: August 12, 2020, 06:42:30 pm »

This is unbelievable
The entirety of the 3 card pool MiX narrowed d1 onto with bullish confidence has been confirmed to be town (excepting the outside chance of a chairs fakeclaim, which is unlikely because his role is confirmable, any genuine vigilantes/IronMen should NOT claim -or- kill and chairs should be forced to perform his vig action night to confirm himself town).
In spite of this, no one is voting MiX
Even MiX is acknowledging MiX is the most sensible exile.  Shockingly the threshhold for what it takes for people to want to exile MiX is so high that the point where MiX thinks MiX deserves to be exiled is under it.

Vote: MiX

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 12, 2020, 06:45:20 pm »

This is unbelievable
The entirety of the 3 card pool MiX narrowed d1 onto with bullish confidence has been confirmed to be town (excepting the outside chance of a chairs fakeclaim, which is unlikely because his role is confirmable, any genuine vigilantes/IronMen should NOT claim -or- kill and chairs should be forced to perform his vig action night to confirm himself town).
Even MiX is acknowledging MiX is the most sensible exile.  Shockingly the threshhold for what it takes for people to want to exile MiX is so high that the point where MiX thinks MiX deserves to be exiled is under it.

I acknowledge that I have a guilty result on me. There's a framer. What are you trying to say?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 12, 2020, 06:45:26 pm »

I don’t honestly believe MiX is scum. Haven’t since the end of Day 1. Ya’ll want to lynch him though, that’s fine with me. My reads have been good, but not perfect. I could be wrong here. Just know that MiX won’t vote himself. I’m not voting there (that’s one Town removed). Swowl doesn’t look like he’s voting there (assuming he’s likely Town, that’s two Town removed). That means for MiX to be scum, the other 5 Town will need to vote him here.

I’m currently voting my #1 (EFHW) based largely on gut. She was tied for my #3 yesterday (with Space, who I felt was buddying me a little - something my #1 (Robz) would’ve encouraged as he knows from our history I’m generally susceptible to), and Robz flip didn’t really change that. With Space flipping though, why not pursue my #2? That was faust... who has felt very different than normal since subbing in. He’s had a lighter tone than normal, been more jovial in general, and (horror of horrors) has generally agreed with my thinking/lines of thought... which never happens for us.

And yet, while he’s certainly not in the clear (he was second behind me to Robz when Robz had very little chance of moving. He was in bed during deadline (I think? That’s normally not his available time), and couldn’t move his vote. He could’ve parked it somewhere else with deadline approaching, but why would he? Scum!faust would love to be off a Town!exile if it went off somewhere else, and on the crazy, crazy chance that Robz went, he still looks good), he is certainly moved down the list for me.

Scola has moved back on though. Thought the L-1 vote was unlikely to come from scum, but given daychat and the INSTANT claim by Robz (11 seconds?), that feels extremely coordinated - I don’t think they thought Dylan would throw the hammer there, and in the window of time that took, Scola could’ve been caught off guard in the Mafia QT. Need to look into this.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 12, 2020, 06:48:33 pm »

I don’t honestly believe MiX is scum. Haven’t since the end of Day 1. Ya’ll want to lynch him though, that’s fine with me. My reads have been good, but not perfect. I could be wrong here. Just know that MiX won’t vote himself. I’m not voting there (that’s one Town removed). Swowl doesn’t look like he’s voting there (assuming he’s likely Town, that’s two Town removed). That means for MiX to be scum, the other 5 Town will need to vote him here.

I’m currently voting my #1 (EFHW) based largely on gut. She was tied for my #3 yesterday (with Space, who I felt was buddying me a little - something my #1 (Robz) would’ve encouraged as he knows from our history I’m generally susceptible to), and Robz flip didn’t really change that. With Space flipping though, why not pursue my #2? That was faust... who has felt very different than normal since subbing in. He’s had a lighter tone than normal, been more jovial in general, and (horror of horrors) has generally agreed with my thinking/lines of thought... which never happens for us.

And yet, while he’s certainly not in the clear (he was second behind me to Robz when Robz had very little chance of moving. He was in bed during deadline (I think? That’s normally not his available time), and couldn’t move his vote. He could’ve parked it somewhere else with deadline approaching, but why would he? Scum!faust would love to be off a Town!exile if it went off somewhere else, and on the crazy, crazy chance that Robz went, he still looks good), he is certainly moved down the list for me.

Scola has moved back on though. Thought the L-1 vote was unlikely to come from scum, but given daychat and the INSTANT claim by Robz (11 seconds?), that feels extremely coordinated - I don’t think they thought Dylan would throw the hammer there, and in the window of time that took, Scola could’ve been caught off guard in the Mafia QT. Need to look into this.

What do you think of Dylan?

This is unbelievable

Oh I get it chairs didn't know this when he shot Space so it's perfectly reasonable to vote for me. Okay, fair enough, I forgot about that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 12, 2020, 06:54:14 pm »

Congrats MiX, you’ve made my sig.

Reminds me of this:

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 12, 2020, 06:54:50 pm »

That's exactly what I was thinking about when saying that, so, good job!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 12, 2020, 06:55:09 pm »

Day 2:
Code: [Select]
Vote count at post #730
Isis (1): MiX
Not Voting (12): Dylan, Didds, Space, Swowl, EFHW, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, chairs, Isis, Robz

Vote count at post #733
MiX (1): chairs
Not Voting (11): Dylan, Didds, Space, Swowl, EFHW, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, Isis, Robz

Vote count at post #738
Not Voting (12): Dylan, Didds, Space, Swowl, EFHW, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, Isis, Robz, chairs

Vote count at post #744
Space (1): Robz
Not Voting (11): Dylan, Didds, Space, Swowl, EFHW, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, Isis, chairs

Vote count at post #747
Robz (1): MiX
Not Voting (11): Dylan, Didds, Space, Swowl, EFHW, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, Isis, chairs

Vote count at post #750

Vote count at post #764
MiX (1): Dylan
Not Voting (10): Didds, Space, Swowl, EFHW, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, Isis, chairs

Vote count at post #812
Robz (1): EFHW
Not Voting (9): Didds, Space, Swowl, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, Isis, chairs

Vote count at post #817
Space (2): Robz, Isis
Not Voting (8): Didds, Space, Swowl, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, chairs

Vote count at post #832
MiX (2): Dylan, Space
Not Voting (7): Didds, Swowl, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, chairs

Vote count at post #838
chairs (1): Swowl
Not Voting (6): Didds, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust, chairs

Vote count at post #851
Robz (2): EFHW, chairs
Not Voting (5): Didds, joth, scolapasta, Galzria, faust

Vote count at post #854
Robz (3): EFHW, chairs, scolapasta
Not Voting (4): Didds, joth, Galzria, faust

Vote count at post #864
Robz (2): EFHW, scolapasta
faust (1): chairs

Vote count at post #869
Space (3): Robz, Isis, chairs

Vote count at post #873
Space (3): Robz, Isis, chairs
chairs (2): Swowl, faust
Not Voting (3): Didds, joth, Galzria

Vote count at post #885
Space (2): Isis, chairs
Galzria (1): Robz

Vote count at post #886
Space (1): chairs
Galzria (2): Robz, Isis

Vote count at post #887
MiX (1): Space
Galzria (3): Robz, Isis, Dylan

Vote count at post #888
chairs (3): Swowl, faust, Space
Galzria (3): Robz, Isis, Dylan

Vote count at post #899
chairs (3): Swowl, faust, Space
Galzria (4): Robz, Isis, Dylan, chairs

Vote count at post #909
Robz (3): EFHW, scolapasta, faust
chairs (2): Swowl, Space

Vote count at post #922
Robz (2): scolapasta, faust
Not Voting (4): Didds, joth, Galzria, EFHW

Vote count at post #926
Galzria (3): Robz, Dylan, chairs
MiX (1): Isis
Not Voting (4): Didds, joth, Galzria, EFHW

Vote count at post #934
chairs (3): Swowl, Space, Galzria
Galzria (3): Robz, Dylan, chairs
Not Voting (3): Didds, joth, EFHW

Vote count at post #937
Galzria (2): Robz, Dylan
MiX (2): Isis, chairs

Vote count at post #950
Not Voting (4): Didds, joth, EFHW, chairs

Vote count at post #954
Robz (1): faust
Dylan (1): scolapasta
Not Voting (4): Didds, joth, EFHW, chairs

Vote count at post #963
EFHW (1): chairs

Vote count at post #972
Galzria (3): Robz, Dylan, EFHW
Not Voting (2): Didds, joth

Vote count at post #976
chairs (4): Swowl, Space, Galzria, faust

Vote count at post #979
chairs (5): Swowl, Space, Galzria, faust, scolapasta

Vote count at post #982
Not Voting (3): Didds, joth, scolapasta

Vote count at post #984
scolapasta (1): MiX

Vote count at post #995
chairs (3): Swowl, Space, faust
scolapasta (1): MiX
Robz (1): Galzria

Vote count at post #999
Swowl (1): MiX

Vote count at post #1000
Robz (2): Galzria, MiX

Vote count at post #1001
Swowl (1): MiX

Vote count at post #1003
Swowl (2): MiX, chairs

Vote count at post #1008
Robz (2): Galzria, faust

Vote count at post #1014
MiX (2): Isis, scolapasta

Vote count at post #1016
chairs (1): Space
MiX (2): Isis, scolapasta
Not Voting (3): Didds, joth, Swowl

Vote count at post #1040
MiX (3): Isis, scolapasta, Space

Vote count at post #1047
MiX (4): Isis, scolapasta, Space, Galzria

Vote count at post #1055
Robz (2): faust, Swowl

Vote count at post #1058
Galzria (2): Dylan, EFHW
Robz (2): faust, Swowl
Swowl (3): MiX, chairs, Robz

Vote count at post #1061
Galzria (2): Dylan, EFHW
Robz (3): faust, Swowl, Galzria

Vote count at post #1063
Galzria (1): Dylan
Robz (4): faust, Swowl, Galzria, EFHW

Vote count at post #1065
Galzria (1): Dylan
MiX (2): Isis, Space
Robz (5): faust, Swowl, Galzria, EFHW, scolapasta

Vote count at post #1069
MiX (2): Isis, Space
Robz (6): faust, Swowl, Galzria, EFHW, scolapasta, Dylan

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 12, 2020, 06:55:42 pm »

Sorry, the not votings include dead people.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 12, 2020, 06:57:15 pm »

This is unbelievable

I acknowledge that I have a guilty result on me. There's a framer. What are you trying to say?
Sorry, too hasty. I'm responding to Swowl's evidence that she may not have had a result on you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 12, 2020, 06:57:18 pm »

What do you think of Dylan?

This is unbelievable

Oh I get it chairs didn't know this when he shot Space so it's perfectly reasonable to vote for me. Okay, fair enough, I forgot about that.

There may come a point in time I’m willing to consider Dylan. The criteria for that has not yet been met. Given my current read of things, there’s a 0% chance I’ll be voting him today.

Mafia Record:

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 12, 2020, 07:02:31 pm »

If I'm your #1, then your great scumreading has taken a turn for the worse. I agree with you about faust. He has been different in just the way you describe. But his voting Robz is in his favor. I don't think the scola X-1 is relevant. Robz was probably just waiting for someone to put him to X-1. Actually, I think this is a pretty strange theory you are suggesting here.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 12, 2020, 07:02:59 pm »

Time for dinner. Back later.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 12, 2020, 08:07:12 pm »

If I'm your #1, then your great scumreading has taken a turn for the worse. I agree with you about faust. He has been different in just the way you describe. But his voting Robz is in his favor. I don't think the scola X-1 is relevant. Robz was probably just waiting for someone to put him to X-1. Actually, I think this is a pretty strange theory you are suggesting here.

I mean, I don't think that's totally that strange. Robz would rather be put to X-1 when he is online to be able to claim. How do you make sure that is the case? Have a buddy do it.

Oh, and in the whole Robz was pushing for MiX early and they can't possibly be partners and scum would be screwing themselves, here is a post about 50 minutes before hammertime.

Galz is at this point obv!scum and it's pretty frustrating we can't make this happen. He shows up periodically to push bad wagons and drive us off track, and then goes back to lurking.

I still don't really think MiX is scum. Who was the person saying the joth-chairs-MiX trio was a massive distraction and we should look elsewhere? Because that would be a pretty townie person. Oh that's right, it was me, but as usual NoBoDy LiStEnEd. (I also correctly called Isis as town when a lot of people were saying it was scummy to talk about hearthstone or something equally idiotic.)

Sort of looks like it's swowl or MiX, so Vote: Swowl but I really have no idea about him anymore.

Let's see, who all did I say was set up for mislynches? Robz pretty clearly hoped Swowl (the closest alternative wagon) would happen there after claiming (begged me to go Swowl in the tiny gap between claim and hammer), and Robz had been working for a while to set Galz up for later like I said earlier.

My pool for today is MiX and scola, with a good look at faust later. Don't think we'll get that far though.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 12, 2020, 08:18:02 pm »

here is the thing man... the way day 1 went... I like cannot imagine a more perfect situation in which skum would

a) obviously know that there is a cop in the game because they are told there is a cop in the game
and
b) that cop is gonna choose mix.

The way it all went down with MiX being un-hammerable... that is a pretty good choice for the cop to make, and therefore a pretty good choice for the framer to frame.

c) would be that ok whatever MiX is skum. But I am just having trouble believing that there was zerooooo bussing on Robz. I mean I see how it is possible, I am just going the other way on it.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 12, 2020, 09:42:00 pm »

Dylan reread incoming!

Posting so I commit and don't go to bed before posting this wall.

At the end of this you'll be sorry you crossed me, Dylan! Or something. It's late. Expect drunkness logic.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 12, 2020, 09:48:45 pm »

ok, MiX can hang at X-1 overnight so we get his Dylan reread, in case he is town.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 12, 2020, 10:16:53 pm »

I know this is a bad reason but part of my desire to exile MiX is because if he *is* scum and wins, we'll never live it down! (We'll have had him at X-1 for 2 days (X-2 on days 2), a guilty result and still he beats us??)

Seriously, though, if I had a better vote I would be ok with switching. I'm willing to hear MiX's case on Dylan, but currently don't want to exile. Galz and swowl seem town. I need to read a little more on EFHW, because she was lurking a lot earlier, but she has been posting more recently.

I would consider faust too. He was on Robz early, so I could see him seeing this as a harmless vote before he went to bed, before the wagon on Robz really built up with Swowl and Galz votes.

Then again, I think I suspect Mix and faust *every* game; it's clearly something about there style of play, and so that makes me doubt those reads.

(this is why I said earlier I felt we were grasping at straws)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 12, 2020, 10:20:32 pm »

I'm on vacation now, which is why I am posting more.

I had a question for you scola - why did your hammer come at the -7 sec mark and not sooner?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 12, 2020, 10:36:44 pm »

I'm on vacation now, which is why I am posting more.

I had a question for you scola - why did your hammer come at the -7 sec mark and not sooner?

That feels like ages ago. I think it was a combination of reasons:
•  DL was early afternoon and I usually have meetings around then (11-12, at least), so I got here when I could and was trying to catch up on all the action
• of the 3 D1 wagons my order of preference was Mix > chairs > joth
• eventually, the wagons dissipated with a flurry of joth votes (reading back, at:  12:27:17 (space),  12:27:34  (space), 12:28:11 (chairs)). At that point, it was joth or no exile, so after minimal internal debate, I decided to hammer
• I tried to vote earlier, but kept getting PPE*

* actually had joth been scum, I was ready to wag a FoS at Didds and Swowl for all their posts in the last minute; it felt like maybe they were trying to get to no exile.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 12, 2020, 10:48:47 pm »

Wall of "I don't feel like scumreading Space and Robz this day". Take it as you will.

I'm not sure who's scum, but I have a couple strong townreads and a few other won't-exile-todays.  Most of them don't have any relation to current wagons or anything right now (as far as I can tell pending a vote count), so the one I will share right now is that I don't plan on joining a Robz wagon today. His play seems more similar to his last game where he was town shot N1 than I remember back before my (our?) break(s?) when I vaguely remember it being more of "if I'm scumreading him he's town and I'm incapable of having anything better than a slightly town side of null read on him."

This is a really weaksauce response to a request for reads. Especially the part about "most of my townreads aren't worth mentioning, but for some reason I will mention the one on Robz, who has no votes on him and has taken almost no heat". I mean, if that's a townread worth mentioning, I'd love to hear about the ones that aren't. Are you talking about a townread on yourself? Because that's just about the only thing that would be less noteable.

So I didn't go back and look to see where votes were, and I thought I remembered Robz getting some or a couple votes earlier in the game. I haven't kept up with who's votes had moved or if anyone was still on him, but there has also been at least one person mildly confronting or disagreeing with Robz on something, and he's at least someone who's alignment has been discussed, unlike a couple of my other reads. Like I said, that was 100% from memory and not reading anything before page 9 (on the 25 per page view) in more than 24 hours. So I was actually a bit surprised not seeing any votes on Robz.

Robz Robz Robz Robz Robz, I guess Dylan doesn't like it when his partners get suspicion, and as joth pointed out he's blowing it way out of proportion.

Ok, to be specific, I remembered this interaction.

Well uh I think that's actually like x-1 what the hell

Unvote

Oh spare me the faux panicky unvoting when there's little real danger we'd exile MiX.

But also, this.

vote: Chairs

Robz - why did you make this post but not vote for Chairs?

I appreciate that you asked this. I was about to do so, and then I thought to myself, “okay but is this actually something scum does, or just something that annoys me? Is it actually townie to do something that annoys me, given that avoiding annoying me has to be a priority for scum?” One thing my brother, who is a much bette me town player than I, has taught me is too look for scum inconsistencies rather than just actions than seem unhelpful.

Immediately following this, pops attempted to vote for Robz (no space so not valid vote), and Swowl voted for him right after that.  I thought this sounded more like Dragonborn mafia town!Robz than what I used to remember, and so I disagreed with those votes/scumreads. I couldn't remember who all was involved to know if those votes were still there or not. So of course now I realize my post was less helpful than I thought it was when I said it.

Who else talked about Robz D1? I mean, seriously, I'm not rereading all of D1 again, just things centered around Dylan, but from what I recall, and my SoD2 can confirm, I was thinking Robz wasn't really being talked about, so this is probably the most he's had in terms of others talking about him.

Now, to make a point relating to two conversations: D1 and whether or not scumhunting and hitting scum D1 is very important or not as important for town to win and about fluffy/not helpful posting. I suspect that the most important part of the D1 exile (man that's hard to change that vocab, sorry when I inevitably miss it) is finding a high information exile, regardless of their alignment. I think it would ultimately work out better if you hit scum at equivalent to random chance D1 with high info exiles every time rather than hitting a low info scum D1 every game, whether low info means lurky or fluffy or hearthstony or whatever.  So at least D1, I don't think fluff or whatever label you want to use for not directly game related posts and conversations are a good basis for the day's exile, especially if the fluffy person doesn't have much else in the way of interactions or info that would help either connect them to scum or clear other town. However, on later days, that would be less true as letting scum hide behind that is obviously no good.

I disagree because you're now encouraging players of all alignments to be low information D1 since nobody wants to be the D1 exile.

I'm much more in favor of punishing -not- generating information, to force scum to generate information and not be floofy

Information doesn't solely come from what a person posts, it's also how other people react to them.

But yeah, at this point we are almost at a question of meta (site-wide more than individual). So a nearly universal truth: town wants to close the information gap that gives scum their advantage at the beginning of the game.

With your plan, if we routinely lynch low-info (aka fluffy) players D1, scum would make a habit of being more active/less fluffy. However, town won't be able to capitalize on that info D2 normally because scum wouldn't be the D1 exile very often. The active playstyle would then benefit scum more later in the game as well because it gives scum a chance to control the conversation and flow of info, thus further hurting town's chances.

If we exile high info players D1 and scum does as you say by being fluffy intentionally, they may not be the D1 exile, but they're play is not going to have them in a good position later as town is in a more controlling position of conversations and info flow. If scum then starts trying to be more active later, that inconsistency could be a good scum tell, thus helping town.

So yeah, I mean blanket statements can always be used/abused by good scum players, but I still think as a general principle, if two equally null reads are at X-1 at the deadline and I have to choose, I would choose high info wagon every time.

Wall post about nothing, and at this point the only reads I know from him is Robz's town, and Isis shouldn't be exiled. Feel free to check, he hasn't actually given any other reads, it's very possible I missed them but like...yeah.

This isn't right. Can someone tell me they are scum reading me to restore balance to the world? I don't know what to do when I'm not defending myself from incorrect cases.

He really doesn't know what to do, he's not doing anything. Name one thing Dylan is doing at this phase of the game. Yeah I can't either.

Ok, I'm willing to hammer chairs, but MiX's reaction here to chair's wagon seems scummy, even if they aren't partners, like he's included chairs as part of his 100% scum team, but then on other occasions when someone else called chairs scummy, MiX questioned them on it. It's like he's listing chairs as a scumread but then hedges to A) avoid looking scummy if chairs flips green or B) avoid pushing a partner through to exile.

Read the bold. Now read Dylan's posts. Now read the bold. Now listen to me for a second: why the hell does Dylan want to hammer chairs? You can't answer that question, because he has not answered that question. He has said nothing about his read on chairs. And what's the best way to hammer chairs? Vote me, of course! Like...what? Also, the "willing to hammer" is very casual. Town would see that as potential day ending, but Dylan is clearly not interested in chairs at all, you can see it in the rest of his post.

And you call this man town? No. Not happening.

Sigghhhhhh, his EoD1 sucks, but nothing is downright scummy. His flip on me is so random, and then he spends D2 saying he scumread me forever, and that's just like...a lie. Unless he's incapable of saying what his scumreads are before voting them? Dylan's better than that. Look, just look at D2.

MiX started acting more like town!MiX after people made a big deal about how he wasn't acting like town!MiX and a wagon built on him.

"MiX started acting like town!MiX...

If you believe he's acting like town!MiX, that is. I'm still not sure he is, but it is closer to it than he was D1 at least.

Wait, no, I don't know he's town, I think he's uuuuuh...scum! Scum, that's it."

To an almost absurd degree, we keep having conversations about basically just MiX and chairs. This is partly due to MiX's aggressive and unhelpful self-preservationist style, but we also don't need to keep catering to it.

I mean, there is a surefire way to deal with it and not have to worry about it again this game. Just saying.

I'm not even sure what to say about this. He's as stubborn with his read on me as I was on Isis. Neither of us even attempted to move our vote D2, until we were forced to. But at least my reads have progression and a reason behind them, and most importantly more than 1. He's too sure of his reads for town. He's not me, he doesn't play like me, he doesn't tunnel like this. He never mentioned he was tunneling. He knew it and he was enjoying it. That's scum behavior right there.

We had what is increasingly looking like a trio of town wagons on D1 that just never went away, with an impressive seven seconds until deadline exiling joth.

Then our groot died overnight but I think that was just scum shooting an engaged player not an intentional shot at the tree (who I think was the doc?). Either way it's not great.

Now we're on D2 and most folks agree we need to review new players but there seems to be a low motivation to move forward.

I think we need to XAL, personally. If I were scum and play were this slow I'd be happy to just minimally post and not push the game very hard.

XAL? (I get that XAL may be be replacing LAL, but I wouldn't know what that meant anyway)

exile all lurkers. Which in this game is a majority of the roster, unfortunately self included today.  I've had a tunnel of a scum read on MiX and have been rereading and have just been struggling to get a read on anyone apart from that scumread.  I'll try reading back again, maybe do an iso on a couple different people to figure out what alternatives there are to MiX, although frankly I would still very much be on board with an exile there. I think some of the push away from the D1 wagons could actually be partners pushing us away from that.

Also, I saw this looking over the setup again earlier, but scum has daychat, which could also partially contribute to the lack of in-thread conversations. I've never been scum in a game that had that, so I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to be active in both if a person's time online is limited.

Oh he did say he was tunneling. Mentioning daychat is pretty damn...townie, actually. This post sets me back a bit. Not everything fits, that's the message I'm trying to send.

I think we should be focusing on Dylan/Galz/Space

I'll save you the time. A full summary of my game is as follows:

MiX is scum.

End.

How is everyone?

I have not followed this game at all, so please give me a short breakdown of what happened so far.

The game has been approximately 78.4% wholly directed, in a very distracting way, by MiX, who has fought like bloody hell to not get lynched and evinced a forceful certainty about catching certain people as scum, mostly joth. The wagons yesterday were chairs, joth, and MiX. We X-1'd chairs, but his lack of claim and sort of indifference to being exiled prompted some people, notably me, to back off. Joth became the backup exile instead of MiX, somehow. Joth was town, it would not surprise me if MiX and chairs were as well, in fact I've sort of coming around to assuming that's the case.

Some people, I think basically EFHW and space, have gone after Isis (formerly pops) a whole lot, for "fluff posting", which I think is at least misguided on EFHW's part and actively bad on Space's part.

You (as LL) have lurked hardcore. I'm not sure if Dylan is lurking, they pop in from time to time. Scola is a big ? for me. Galz's play leaves something to be desired here, and over time has come to more closely resemble his scum play from last game.

I tried to get a case going against swowl, it was a fine case, why do we people even complain about my swowl case, that can't all be the best Day 1 case ever.

(Re: bolded portion) That's something I noticed as well going back through.

He shaped his game to be about scumreading me, yes. But that's not his actual entire game, just the latest.

Also his first mention of Galzria, or something. Convenient that he hops onto the wagon Robz is trying to form, right? Just out of nowhere. Watch.

Vote: Galzria

"Look guys I left my tunnel, why? Oh because I ISO'd this person Robz is scumreading and I just so happen to find them scummy". Yeah no. Just like, no.

To answer Galz's question for chairs but really me: No. I've been pretty clear MiX is my biggest scum read, but as people have made it abundantly clear (foolishly so imho), everyone (seemingly except faust) seems to want to look elsewhere. You were as good a target for a wagon as any of my non!MiX reads.

Reads. Not scumreads. Reads. Dylan wanted out of my wagon to push a misexile (if you think you can push me for a misexile, look at this game, lol, not even framer kills me), and quite literally anything worked. Or, you know, any wagon, which Robz conveniently starts for him.

And now, I present to you, the only post where Dylan actually says his reads:

To answer Galz's question for chairs but really me: No. I've been pretty clear MiX is my biggest scum read, but as people have made it abundantly clear (foolishly so imho), everyone (seemingly except faust) seems to want to look elsewhere. You were as good a target for a wagon as any of my non!MiX reads.

What's your current read on me, chairs, galz, Isis, and what's your biggest townread?

Back on my PC (feels great), will do VCAs and a reread with it, surely D1 can be solved, and I don't think Galzria is the answer.

Scum: Mix
null to scum: galz, chairs, Swowl (as a result of recent interactions)
null: Isis, EFHW, scola (legitimately had to look at the vote count to remember they are here)
null to town: Robz < faust (towny start to being here, willing to accept that LL was inactive because IRL busy not scummy) < Space.

The Space townread was a very early gut read. I'm probably going to reread them at some point today to reevaluate that. Robz has been getting townier. Swowl trending down.

ppe a couple

"Scum: Framer target/scumread by all
Null to scum: wagon, widely scumread, secondary wagon
Null: No one wants to exile them, lurker, lurker
Null to town: Scum, faust (what, you expect town to exile replaced-in faust? well, scum doesn't), Scum

Space and Robz look townier, Swowl looks worse, that is, I need to protect my partners, and Swowl is a good second wagon after Galz"

It just reeks of scum. I couldn't had made a better readslist as Dylan were I in his position and scum. Who here could? Raise your hands!

Ok, move scola to a middling town read. Forgot about the T-7 second hammer.  I think it's fairly likely scum just wouldn't hammer there if they weren't already on wagon once it got that close. Aside from that, I think he's been pretty similar to town!scola from a previous game I was in with him.

Why would scum not T-7 hammer...? If you're townreading him for it, how did scum lose with it? The townread's scummy, I can't name a single person that thought scola was scummy D2. But it's more accurate to say it's null.

Ugh.

I'm iron man.

Isis investigates as Town.

The fact you didn't spell it out as "I am Iron Man" makes me a little sad.

Most people, when confronted with "two people are town" have a reaction. Dylan goes "oh hey wouldn't it be cool that Iron man claimed by saying 'I am Iron Man'? Let's try not to NK them just to see it happen" in the scum chat N0 and talks about THAT reaction, as it's the one he's having. He already knows chairs and Isis was town, after all.

Oh shoot, I wasn’t paying attention to the deadline. What is the count and what time is it? I can move to MiX, Swowl, or Robz, generally in that order of preference.

"Quick, shoot, I need to vote, uh, do I have to bus? Tell me I don't have to bus! Order of preference: my stated scumread, the misexile, my buddy". Dylan doesn't lie when it comes to decisions, he pretty explicitly stated who he wanted to vote in order.

Was that hammer? I think so counting back to the Space!count.

Pep 2

PPE 2. So next post should acknowledge they now read the SW claim, right?

Vote: Robz in case it wasn’t

No just hammer anyway. And the reason? "in case it wasn't (hammer)". But that looks bad, right? Let's give another reason:

Vote: Robz in case it wasn’t

I was X-1, this was the hammer.

So do you think Robz? was lying with his claim? Or did you just exile our Rolestopper???

I don’t think we hit Iron man and Scarlet witch back to back.

"Yeah, Robz is scum".

Remember, scum knows the PRs and would absolutely be hunting for a cc at X-1.

"You know, scum would claim a PR".

With groot gone, scum has no reason to use thanos’s snap, so the rolestopper is basically just useful as IC later more than actually protecting anything (assuming it’s in the game since either Robz is telling the truth which I doubt or he chose it as a fake claim to find the real one).

7 minutes later: "I actually calculated that hammer based on PRs and my extensive knowledge of the setup".

That's just...not what happened? It seems like Dylan saw the flip before everyone else.

Yeah I guess so. Looking at how little conversation there has been post X-1 and claim, I probably would have had to hammer either way since it seems like there wasn’t much chance of moving somewhere else anyway

And now he acknowledges why town!Dylan would've hammered there, but that's not why HE hammered. He explained it himself. Dylan did not hammer because he thought Robz was lying, Dylan hammered because Robz was lying. That's what I take away from this.

And that's all for me, good luck town, and I'll answer the PPEs before heading to bed.

PPE idk who cares we'll find out next post
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.