Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190412 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D3)
« Reply #1200 on: August 12, 2020, 03:35:25 pm »

I want to exile MiX today, but I will settle for anyone who refuses to do that.
The existence of a framer isn't relevant to you?

Do you know for sure that MiX was framed?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 12, 2020, 03:36:50 pm »

Right, but you couldn’t have done that in the day chat like you said you would have.

This is true, but why are you saying it? Is there some way you find MiX scummy regarding this point?

Faust pointed out that MiX’s reasons why he isn’t scum are weaker than the reasons other people aren’t. This was one of those points. I pointed two of them out specifically. In light of a guilty result, MiX needs to have good reasons he isn’t scum for us to ignore that guilty result.
The unvote seems scummy? Or just his using the post as a reason is scummy?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 12, 2020, 03:37:49 pm »

No. If I did, I would be scum and I would be voting for him.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 12, 2020, 03:41:39 pm »

Let me lay it out concisely.
  • MiX has a guilty result.
  • MiX might be town because possibly framed.
  • If MiX is town, he should be able to articulate good reasons that support that.
  • The reasons he gave earlier are bad.
  • Conclusion: We still don’t have enough reason to assume MiX was framed.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 12, 2020, 03:48:29 pm »

Right, but you couldn’t have done that in the day chat like you said you would have.

This is true, but why are you saying it? Is there some way you find MiX scummy regarding this point?

Faust pointed out that MiX’s reasons why he isn’t scum are weaker than the reasons other people aren’t. This was one of those points. I pointed two of them out specifically. In light of a guilty result, MiX needs to have good reasons he isn’t scum for us to ignore that guilty result.

I can't realistically defend myself, you know this and you are scum. You have a THREE DAY TUNNEL on me, that's far from town!Dylan. You're not even thinking anymore.

This is not a question town can answer. It's clear I have a guilty result on me reading Isis, however.

• If MiX is town, he should be able to articulate good reasons that support that.

1. Correct.
2. Correct.
3. Wrong.
4. Arguably wrong, but okay whatever.
Conclusion: The result on me is insufficient to read me.

So, why am I scum?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 12, 2020, 04:05:50 pm »

I can't realistically defend myself, you know this and you are scum. You have a THREE DAY TUNNEL on me, that's far from town!Dylan. You're not even thinking anymore.

This is not a question town can answer. It's clear I have a guilty result on me reading Isis, however.

1. Correct.
2. Correct.
3. Wrong.
4. Arguably wrong, but okay whatever.
Conclusion: The result on me is insufficient to read me.

So, why am I scum?

With a guilty result, the burden of proof is on you. So why aren't you scum?

And I was softening on that scum read until that result came up. I even was going to look other places, so to call this a thoughtless tunnel is patently false.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 12, 2020, 04:11:50 pm »

And I was softening on that scum read until that result came up. I even was going to look other places, so to call this a thoughtless tunnel is patently false.

"Going to look" is pretty, but you didn't actually look anywhere. What does "burden of proof" mean anyway? I'm not the secret last PR, if that's what you're asking.

The truth of the matter is, I have a result on me, and it means nothing. So you'll have to find some other excuse to exile me. Given me, and my position in D1, it's very much correct to frame me.

Also, I can't defend myself as much as I can catch scum, as I'm obviously biased. I will instead say why you are scum, Dylan. Later, anyway.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 12, 2020, 04:21:20 pm »

"Going to look" is pretty, but you didn't actually look anywhere. What does "burden of proof" mean anyway? I'm not the secret last PR, if that's what you're asking.

The truth of the matter is, I have a result on me, and it means nothing. So you'll have to find some other excuse to exile me. Given me, and my position in D1, it's very much correct to frame me.

Also, I can't defend myself as much as I can catch scum, as I'm obviously biased. I will instead say why you are scum, Dylan. Later, anyway.

I did. I was starting to look into scola. And of course you aren't. You claimed VT, so if you tried to claim the PR right now, EAL. What do you mean what does burden of proof mean?  You know what that means.

Chairs and isis would have been very viable framing targets too, so you weren't the only person scum might have guessed would be investigated.

I normally don't say stuff like this, but don't waste your time trying to build a case on me. It isn't scummy to follow the results where they point instead of ignoring our cop's results.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 12, 2020, 04:22:51 pm »

Also, I was thinking about waiting for hammer stats, but Vote: MiX. That's X-1.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 12, 2020, 04:26:55 pm »

I did. I was starting to look into scola. And of course you aren't. You claimed VT, so if you tried to claim the PR right now, EAL. What do you mean what does burden of proof mean?  You know what that means.

Chairs and isis would have been very viable framing targets too, so you weren't the only person scum might have guessed would be investigated.

I normally don't say stuff like this, but don't waste your time trying to build a case on me. It isn't scummy to follow the results where they point instead of ignoring our cop's results.

No I don't actually know what you want from me, you are a respectable scumhunter when you are town and you can definitely get your own reads from ISOing Robz and Space, I can't do that work for you, now be town and actually come up with why I'm scum outside of a result.

Isis wasn't a frame target, we know this. In fact that's what I believe would be the other good frame target. But we know it wasn't, so why mention it at all?

It's pretty scummy to do nothing other than scumread 1 person D1 (I scumread 3 people! 300% efficiency!), and then do nothing else D2 (what did you do D2, Dylan?) and go back and say, welp, there's been 2 scum flips, but I think my D1 scumread's the last scum.

Also, I was thinking about waiting for hammer stats, but Vote: MiX. That's X-1.

We're back, ladies and gentlemen.

Whatever you can exile me I did nothing to help town this game except get a successful framer on myself. But I'm town, and if you knew how to read the current state of the game you would know I cannot be scum in this position. Scum would have had to throw the game D2 gambling that Swowl would be exiled. That's not what scum does, and that's not how me, Space nor Robz would think.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 12, 2020, 04:32:05 pm »

How would that have been throwing the game though? They had to think they could get a galz wagon through instead of Robz, and who would have thought Space would be vigged? Scum is in a terrible spot right now largely because of bad luck, not because any specific thing they did threw the game, even if you are the partner.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 12, 2020, 04:36:38 pm »

How would that have been throwing the game though? They had to think they could get a galz wagon through instead of Robz, and who would have thought Space would be vigged? Scum is in a terrible spot right now largely because of bad luck, not because any specific thing they did threw the game, even if you are the partner.

If they wanted a Galz wagon, what was I doing? Me or space were getting vigged, so yes they would know one of them was dropping. Look at the final Robz wagon to find out why.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 12, 2020, 05:50:51 pm »

Also Dylan, Galz wagon doesn't make sense.
1) because MiX went to me and not Galz
and
2) because it would not of been "instead of Robz" at that point, as Robz only had 1 vote on them.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 12, 2020, 05:51:38 pm »

vote: Dylan

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 12, 2020, 05:55:09 pm »

Dylan is clearly not coming from a town mindset, sympathizing with the caught scum and minimizing town's role in finding them, which was significant.

Also, I disagree that MiX should be able to prove he is towny. Who can ever do that? He gave reasons why he was unlikely to be Robz's and Space's partner. Why aren't you considering that a defense?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: August 12, 2020, 06:00:13 pm »

Why would Isis say this if they were trying to crumb a result on MiX?

drunk spanish noble woman when you buy a Mill you may gain one of me or i'm also in the supply for 3$
fantastic. Do you think it is possible both mix and chairs are town and we had 3 town wagons?

yes wagons can work that way of course that's possible
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 12, 2020, 06:01:47 pm »

drunk spanish noble woman when you buy a Mill you may gain one of me or i'm also in the supply for 3$
fantastic. Do you think it is possible both mix and chairs are town and we had 3 town wagons?

Literally drunk is how I took that. Also "wagons can work like that" is true, it's just that she knew it didn't happen. Note the usage of the word "possible". It is possible. It just didn't happen.

In her eyes, anyway, don't take this as saying I'm scum lol.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 12, 2020, 06:14:59 pm »

Something odd about the start of Day two. I don't know what to make of it: Robz voted Space, MiX voted Robz [Isis before and after Robz], Space voted MiX. Then Robz posted this:

It still seems pretty silly and peripheral but maybe you actually have taken interest in such a futile thing.  Do you wanna help me kill MiX? The mod didn't give me a dayvig this time.

Way to patronise someone and then try to get them onto your cause all in one breath :-P

I do think Vote: MiX isn't the silliest move right now, though.

I'm shocked, just shocked that you would go in this direction.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 12, 2020, 06:18:15 pm »

Literally drunk is how I took that. Also "wagons can work like that" is true, it's just that she knew it didn't happen. Note the usage of the word "possible". It is possible. It just didn't happen.

Scum!slip

Vote: MiX

😋
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 12, 2020, 06:19:24 pm »

In my mind, the scummiest thing MiX has done is back off of Robz immediately after Robz defended himself. Robz can come across pretty strong, so it's not unthinkable, but I do have a concern that the whole thing was staged. We know now Robz's "shock" is put on here.

PPE: Where?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 12, 2020, 06:20:10 pm »

oh, ok, I get it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 12, 2020, 06:22:20 pm »

In my mind, the scummiest thing MiX has done is back off of Robz immediately after Robz defended himself. Robz can come across pretty strong, so it's not unthinkable, but I do have a concern that the whole thing was staged. We know now Robz's "shock" is put on here.

PPE: Where?

I agree with you. It's part of why I'm townreading you, picking that up was pretty townie. Then you undo that in EoD2, which is sad, but still townie enough for Dylan to be scum instead.

PPE: Nooooooo now I can't explain it :P

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 12, 2020, 06:22:54 pm »

right I am saying that is she was subtly trying to leave crumbs suggesting she had a result... who would she be "on the fence here"?
If we are to believe all the other crumbs were left to point at you, why would she say it was possible you are town if she actually had a skum result on you?
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 12, 2020, 06:24:01 pm »

I'm coming around to being willing to vote MiX. Is there more we should say today? I'm still working on the vote count record. Could post that before we end the day in case he is town.

PPE several

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 12, 2020, 06:24:34 pm »

Will re-read and iso tonight. Following Swowl & my camping trip this past Thu-Sun, I went straight to Tahoe (OMG I’m staying in Olympic Village, host to the 1960 Olympics and the place is freaking insane. There’s a private golf course, a waterfall spa, Private tennis courts... all by reservation only due to the times... and holy *^%# the views!!!). I have plenty of service here, but I’m finding myself too busy hiking, swimming, or just relaxing in general. I’m here until Sunday though... so I guess I can force myself to play some forum mafia during this time...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.