Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190469 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D2)
« Reply #1025 on: August 07, 2020, 06:50:20 pm »

The Joth wagon is at four people from #445. If Chairs is green, then MiX and Swowl are the only two not-green people on a green wagon.
jotheonah (4): MiX, Chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl
faust (1): Dylan32
Chairs (3): Galzria, scolapasta, Isis
Isis (2): EFHW, SpaceAnemone
Swowl (3): faust, Robz888, jotheonah

Galz joins at #491:
jotheonah (5): MiX, Chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, Galzria
Chairs (2): scolapasta, Isis
MiX (3): Dylan32, faust, jotheonah
Not Voting (1): Robz888

MiX leaves the Joth wagon and moves to Chairs at #511:
jotheonah (4): Chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, Galzria
Chairs (4): scolapasta, Isis, jotheonah, MiX
MiX (3): Dylan32, faust, Robz888

Galz leaves between #540 and #573 to vote MiX for a spell, at which point Swowl is the only non-green on a green wagon, but then Galz comes back and the two of them plus MiX ended up in the first there spaces at the end of the day.

So if Chairs is green, as well as Joth and Didds being green, then the trio of Swowl, Galz and MiX look scummy to me. Maybe not all together, especially since I thought Swowl was townie (time for a re-read, but let's go with that for now) and Galz did that whole push-MiX-and-unvote thing.

PPE 3: oh, right, I did miss something. I'll post the above anyway in case the counts are useful even if you can't appreciate them in all the colours...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 07, 2020, 06:53:51 pm »

The Joth wagon is at four people from #445. If Chairs is green, then MiX and Swowl are the only two not-green people on a green wagon.

When you say this, which of the 3 VCs are you talking about? It's not true for any of them.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 07, 2020, 06:55:39 pm »

When you say this, which of the 3 VCs are you talking about? It's not true for any of them.

I'm not using posted VCs, I have a script that creates all possible VCs in the game, and I'm copy-pasting from that list. I find it useful to look at how the voting states change.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 07, 2020, 06:56:50 pm »

I'm not using posted VCs, I have a script that creates all possible VCs in the game, and I'm copy-pasting from that list. I find it useful to look at how the voting states change.

The 3 VCs you posted, I mean. None of them have only me and Swowl voting for green, assuming chairs is green.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 07, 2020, 07:01:14 pm »

Yes it's almost like I had things to do.

You can't just go for good votes. Look where that got us, chairs is outed. Vote for scum instead.

If you're scumreading me for waiting for chairs to claim then you're just grasping at straws. Just admit it! Just scumread me for things I actually did or said, instead of not hammering.

Looking at what people don't do or say is as important (and sometimes more important as what they do. It's possible you had things to do, of course, we do play asynchronously. But can you admit it's a convenient time for you to have been away?

Like...do you have any idea how annoying this is? It was CORRECT to not hammer. I did the MECHANICALLY correct thing to do as well. I also did the PERSONAL thing, and I did the TOWNY thing to do which is not rush to an exile. And you vote me for it?

So it's do as I say, not as I do?

Vote: scola

What does that even mean? Scola unvotes because town!scola unvotes. I don't understand what your question is.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 07, 2020, 07:02:41 pm »

Also, colouring Isis green mostly just makes MiX look worse... it's kind of funny that he's the one suggesting it :-P

Like, at #366, he had a three-person wagon with only "green" townies:
jotheonah (2): MiX, Chairs
MiX (3): WestCoastDidds, jotheonah, Isis
Chairs (1): Galzria
Galzria (1): Swowl
Swowl (2): faust, Robz888
WestCoastDidds (1): scolapasta

And then that wagon just dispersed, without any scums trying to egg on a mis-exile.

PPE: 2

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 07, 2020, 07:04:34 pm »

Yes it's almost like I had things to do.

You can't just go for good votes. Look where that got us, chairs is outed. Vote for scum instead.

If you're scumreading me for waiting for chairs to claim then you're just grasping at straws. Just admit it! Just scumread me for things I actually did or said, instead of not hammering.

Looking at what people don't do or say is as important (and sometimes more important as what they do. It's possible you had things to do, of course, we do play asynchronously. But can you admit it's a convenient time for you to have been away?

Like...do you have any idea how annoying this is? It was CORRECT to not hammer. I did the MECHANICALLY correct thing to do as well. I also did the PERSONAL thing, and I did the TOWNY thing to do which is not rush to an exile. And you vote me for it?

So it's do as I say, not as I do?

Vote: scola

What does that even mean? Scola unvotes because town!scola unvotes. I don't understand what your question is.

I unvoted you!

Are we back to me being a hypocrite meaning I'm scum? We went over this yesterday. It does not.

Also, colouring Isis green mostly just makes MiX look worse... it's kind of funny that he's the one suggesting it :-P

And then that wagon just dispersed, without any scums trying to egg on a mis-exile.

Thinking about coloring Isis as something I might not point out is pretty scummy. Missing the claim is as well. How did you know chairs had to be colored green if you didn't see his claim?

And yes, it does. The entirety of EoD1 is me and a bunch of confirmed people.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 07, 2020, 07:05:48 pm »

Ha, I was trying to remember when (and why!) I voted for WCD? Turns out that was my "vote from another game leaking into this one" post.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 07, 2020, 07:06:11 pm »

The 3 VCs you posted, I mean. None of them have only me and Swowl voting for green, assuming chairs is green.

I was talking about the one at #445:

The colour pattern is:
Green: black, green, green, black

You and Swowl are the only black-text names on the otherwise green-on-green wagon. I mean, a 4-person wagon on D1 can be all-town. At a five-person wagon it gets rare enough for me to treat it as pretty good evidence of having at least one scum involved, though I know there are some real five-towns-on-town wagons out there in historical games.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 07, 2020, 07:09:54 pm »

I was talking about the one at #445:

The colour pattern is:
Green: black, green, green, black

You and Swowl are the only black-text names on the otherwise green-on-green wagon. I mean, a 4-person wagon on D1 can be all-town. At a five-person wagon it gets rare enough for me to treat it as pretty good evidence of having at least one scum involved, though I know there are some real five-towns-on-town wagons out there in historical games.

Oh, by "on a green wagon", you mean "on a specific green wagon", ok. Well, of course it's possible.

If everyone on the wagon is town, and it dispersed, how is that alignment indicative of me?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: August 07, 2020, 07:15:35 pm »

If everyone on the wagon is town, and it dispersed, how is that alignment indicative of me?

Because a growing town-on-town wagon would be somewhere that scum would be looking to drop a vote.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 07, 2020, 07:18:09 pm »

I'm not voting mix today. If I survive tonight maybe, but given we lost groot probably also not happening

So, trying to reread some to see if I like anyone as much as MiX and I noticed this possible scumslip.

Do we really believe chairs claim? I mean, I thought I did, but this makes me wonder.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 07, 2020, 07:19:14 pm »

Because a growing town-on-town wagon would be somewhere that scum would be looking to drop a vote.

Scum don't drop votes everywhere.

Looking at the vote changes, the only vote between Isis moving to my wagon and them leaving afterwards is scola moving from unvoting to chairs. So, what, scola's scum?

I'm not voting mix today. If I survive tonight maybe, but given we lost groot probably also not happening

So, trying to reread some to see if I like anyone as much as MiX and I noticed this possible scumslip.

Do we really believe chairs claim? I mean, I thought I did, but this makes me wonder.

What scumslip?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 07, 2020, 07:19:47 pm »

The "I'm getting NK'd" scum slip maybe?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 07, 2020, 07:20:50 pm »

Vote: MiX

I think on balance believing Chairs for now is the smart thing to do here, so I won't leave my vote sitting there.

PPE 3

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 07, 2020, 07:21:34 pm »

Like I literally just acknowledged I am almost certainly the night kill and you're trying to scumslip out of that?

I'll refrain from the character attack that came to mind but are you serious?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 07, 2020, 07:22:16 pm »

I'll be on in time to help hammer but I've got to step away before I cross a line

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 07, 2020, 07:24:35 pm »

What scumslip?

Only scum knows our exact PRs. There could well be 2 (up to 4, 3, if chairs is actually Iron Man) Groot*.

* I feel like the plural of Groot should still be Groot.

It's weak, but it pinged my radar.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 07, 2020, 07:26:05 pm »

There's a strongman. We lost one groot. The chances of chairs being killable tonight are exceptionally high.

And it's barely a scumslip, most games only have 1 of each PR, that's what people default to when thinking about setups.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 07, 2020, 07:34:37 pm »

I don't read that as a scumslip

people leave PRs alive for WIFOM sometimes yknow

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 07, 2020, 07:35:38 pm »

There's a strongman. We lost one groot. The chances of chairs being killable tonight are exceptionally high.

And it's barely a scumslip, most games only have 1 of each PR, that's what people default to when thinking about setups.

Yeah, I said it was weak. :)

I just thought it'd be worth pointing it out to those who have played more with chairs and know if they are the kind of person who carefully examines the setup (I mean, I consider myself one of those, and I even then, I missed the day chat aspect until Dylan pointed it out, so I get it).

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 07, 2020, 09:15:12 pm »

vote: MiX

A) Isn’t Me.
B) Other town-reads on him.
C) Chairs & Joth are/were Town.
D) .... There’s no good D. I honestly believe Robz is scum. I have a pretty strong scum read on a second player, but there’s literally no point in pushing their exile right this second. My third highest scum read is a little more fluid - I have preferences, but nothing really solid.

If all 3 of Chairs/MiX/Joth End up being Town... well, it’s not saying a lot but I’ll be really confident in my reads at that point... although it may be too late.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 07, 2020, 09:17:56 pm »

Why is there scum in chairs/mix/joth? Look at EoD, look at wagon movement, look at the fact scum has daychat. What were they doing, and how does that mean there's scum in that pool of players?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 07, 2020, 09:41:52 pm »

Why is there scum in chairs/mix/joth? Look at EoD, look at wagon movement, look at the fact scum has daychat. What were they doing, and how does that mean there's scum in that pool of players?

I don’t think that there has to be. But I think that there was.

To your point:

Chairs ran up to X-1. After his post, a couple of people bailed pretty quickly, but it’s likely that with daychat scum would’ve pumped the brakes a little bit to wait and see how Town responded. If you’re scum, there wasn’t any real reason at that exact moment that you would’ve thought that slowing things down would lead to a wagon on you growing.

However, once that happened it became increasingly difficult to get your exile through. I’m Town & a part of that problem, sure. I generally have read you and your reactions as townie. But if you’re scum it’s also quite reasonable that with daychat & coordination, plus chumps like me, your exile would’ve been particularly difficult. Certainly if you’re Town then my refusal wouldn’t have had as big an impact as if you’re scum.

Then things shifted to Joth (again, yeah, I helped make this happen). Joth flipped Town. So I have to consider what happened and why.

I know 100% I’m Town. Chairs didn’t happen, but as it turns out he’s likely Town. Something scum knew and had to balance reactions to live while he was at X-1. Joth got exiled and flipped Town. So if I’m Town & you’re Town... why didn’t your exile happen? Why was it so difficult? Why did we end up on Town!Joth?

————

I still think Robz has a higher chance of flipping scum than you. But it’s 3 hours to deadline, and I’m going to flip town every time more often than you, so...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 07, 2020, 09:46:14 pm »

If I'm town, after chairs was at X-1, scum wasn't voted for the rest of the day. They had, quite literally, nothing to do. So why would they do anything in particular?

Taking conclusions from the fact the chairs exile, and my exile, were so hard to go through, uses the premise that one of us is scum. If neither are, it's perfectly explained.

I mean, I'm voting for Swowl. Swowl is pretty scummy. Look at space for VCAs that point to me or Swowl being scum, those are good. Why can't we exile him?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.