Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190455 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D2)
« Reply #875 on: August 04, 2020, 01:56:41 pm »

Scum has daychat?? Why didn't anyone mention this before?

Okay, kind of skimmed the thread now. So much DAMA, must be Corona-induced.

I also feel comfortable with the OMGUS now.

Vote: chairs

What, why? Why chairs? Why do you care about who was voting LL?
No, no, chairs has voted for me since I replaced in. It's personal, you see.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 04, 2020, 01:57:26 pm »

That said I think Isis is town, I think MiX is probably Town, I think Robz is mildly Town, I think I forgot LL was in this game which is a bad sign there but you just replaced LL so maybe you'll be able to sort out my concerns on that front.

Vote: spaceanemone

Uh...are you sure, faust?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 04, 2020, 02:06:22 pm »

Quite so.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 04, 2020, 02:09:30 pm »

We had what is increasingly looking like a trio of town wagons on D1 that just never went away, with an impressive seven seconds until deadline exiling joth.

Then our groot died overnight but I think that was just scum shooting an engaged player not an intentional shot at the tree (who I think was the doc?). Either way it's not great.

Now we're on D2 and most folks agree we need to review new players but there seems to be a low motivation to move forward.

I think we need to XAL, personally. If I were scum and play were this slow I'd be happy to just minimally post and not push the game very hard.

XAL? (I get that XAL may be be replacing LAL, but I wouldn't know what that meant anyway)

exile all lurkers. Which in this game is a majority of the roster, unfortunately self included today.  I've had a tunnel of a scum read on MiX and have been rereading and have just been struggling to get a read on anyone apart from that scumread.  I'll try reading back again, maybe do an iso on a couple different people to figure out what alternatives there are to MiX, although frankly I would still very much be on board with an exile there. I think some of the push away from the D1 wagons could actually be partners pushing us away from that.

Also, I saw this looking over the setup again earlier, but scum has daychat, which could also partially contribute to the lack of in-thread conversations. I've never been scum in a game that had that, so I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to be active in both if a person's time online is limited.

Yeah, daychat for scum is interesting.

Normally, I'd say lurking is not the best reason to exile, as I tend to get into "lurking periods" and the one time I did exile a lurker vs not (it was a 3 person Lylo), I was wrong. But, I do agree that the daychat dynamic changes thing some.

Which, WIFOM, but makes me wonder if Dylan bringing it up is an attempt to appear towny.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 04, 2020, 02:59:42 pm »

How is everyone?

I have not followed this game at all, so please give me a short breakdown of what happened so far.

The game has been approximately 78.4% wholly directed, in a very distracting way, by MiX, who has fought like bloody hell to not get lynched and evinced a forceful certainty about catching certain people as scum, mostly joth. The wagons yesterday were chairs, joth, and MiX. We X-1'd chairs, but his lack of claim and sort of indifference to being exiled prompted some people, notably me, to back off. Joth became the backup exile instead of MiX, somehow. Joth was town, it would not surprise me if MiX and chairs were as well, in fact I've sort of coming around to assuming that's the case.

Some people, I think basically EFHW and space, have gone after Isis (formerly pops) a whole lot, for "fluff posting", which I think is at least misguided on EFHW's part and actively bad on Space's part.

You (as LL) have lurked hardcore. I'm not sure if Dylan is lurking, they pop in from time to time. Scola is a big ? for me. Galz's play leaves something to be desired here, and over time has come to more closely resemble his scum play from last game.

I tried to get a case going against swowl, it was a fine case, why do we people even complain about my swowl case, that can't all be the best Day 1 case ever.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 04, 2020, 03:04:26 pm »

Scum day chat does partly explain how quiet things are here, but chairs-MiX-joth all being town also explains it to a very large degree. We should really look elsewhere today.

Might even include Isis in that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 04, 2020, 03:05:12 pm »

Er, include Isis in the chairs-MiX-joth group, not the elsewhere people.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 04, 2020, 03:25:45 pm »

I think we should be focusing on Dylan/Galz/Space

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 04, 2020, 03:40:37 pm »

I think we should be focusing on Dylan/Galz/Space

I'll save you the time. A full summary of my game is as follows:

MiX is scum.

End.

How is everyone?

I have not followed this game at all, so please give me a short breakdown of what happened so far.

The game has been approximately 78.4% wholly directed, in a very distracting way, by MiX, who has fought like bloody hell to not get lynched and evinced a forceful certainty about catching certain people as scum, mostly joth. The wagons yesterday were chairs, joth, and MiX. We X-1'd chairs, but his lack of claim and sort of indifference to being exiled prompted some people, notably me, to back off. Joth became the backup exile instead of MiX, somehow. Joth was town, it would not surprise me if MiX and chairs were as well, in fact I've sort of coming around to assuming that's the case.

Some people, I think basically EFHW and space, have gone after Isis (formerly pops) a whole lot, for "fluff posting", which I think is at least misguided on EFHW's part and actively bad on Space's part.

You (as LL) have lurked hardcore. I'm not sure if Dylan is lurking, they pop in from time to time. Scola is a big ? for me. Galz's play leaves something to be desired here, and over time has come to more closely resemble his scum play from last game.

I tried to get a case going against swowl, it was a fine case, why do we people even complain about my swowl case, that can't all be the best Day 1 case ever.

(Re: bolded portion) That's something I noticed as well going back through.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 04, 2020, 04:09:51 pm »

Yeah.

Vote: Galzria

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: August 04, 2020, 04:35:09 pm »

No one ever wants to vote MiX he's just invincible if there's not vigs.
I feel kind of spaced out of the game but I'm gonna sheep robz because I like his posts

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 04, 2020, 05:04:07 pm »

Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 04, 2020, 06:00:57 pm »

This Galz wagon seems too sudden, and 2/3 of them (Robz and Isis) are the same people who were voting for me not long ago, along with Chairs.

I'm not ready to give up suspicion on the MiX/Chairs pairing.

Vote: Chairs

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 04, 2020, 06:03:28 pm »

Here's a current Space Count:

Isis (1): MiX
Robz888 (2): EFHW, scolapasta
Chairs (3): Swowl, faust, SpaceAnemone
SpaceAnemone (1): Chairs
Galzria (3): Robz888, Isis, Dylan32
Not Voting (1): Galzria
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 04, 2020, 06:07:24 pm »

Is it bad if I feel like I'm doing to Isis the same I was doing to joth, but I still feel just as confident?

When has she...done something this game?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 04, 2020, 06:40:45 pm »

I hadn't realised how absent Galz has been from D2 till I looked at where his posts come in the game timeline just now.

For people complaining that he's lurking, note that right now it looks like he's posted the 4th most game-words in the game (after MiX, me and Isis), and having started my re-read of him, I can confirm that those words are definitely there, because it's taking a while for me to get through him.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 04, 2020, 09:44:44 pm »

Is it bad if I feel like I'm doing to Isis the same I was doing to joth, but I still feel just as confident?

This is a criticism without linkage to my alignment.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 04, 2020, 09:45:25 pm »

I have been a bit busy doing lots of things in some mafia games that have been played from start to finish while we played this one >_>

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 04, 2020, 10:01:32 pm »

Yeah.

considering he has done literally nothing day 2 that is a pretty significant and quick flip for you.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 04, 2020, 10:08:24 pm »

she forced conversation Day 1 when no one was doing anything. I know that seems like one small thing, but as I was skum with her the game a bit back when she was skum.... I am not picking up skum here. Now that is literally the only game I have played with her, but this game and that game are not the same at all.

You don't want to lynch chairs. why is that?
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 04, 2020, 10:13:18 pm »

she forced conversation Day 1 when no one was doing anything. I know that seems like one small thing, but as I was skum with her the game a bit back when she was skum.... I am not picking up skum here. Now that is literally the only game I have played with her, but this game and that game are not the same at all.

You don't want to lynch chairs. why is that?

She's definitely not third-party, I also have that read on her. Doesn't mean she's not scum.

Chairs has been picking up the place, being less lazy and all that. I think the EoD1 wagons suggest chairs is town, given how much of an option he was. I don't think scun was trying very hard that day, although daychat changes everything.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 04, 2020, 10:25:52 pm »

Yeah.

considering he has done literally nothing day 2 that is a pretty significant and quick flip for you.

This is such an unintentionally hilarious statement. "Galz has contributed nothing of value whatsoever this day, how dare you vote for him!"

I mean, really this is the whole problem we are having, people are tending to just vote for the same small cluster of players, scrutinizing them over and over again, while generally little else is said or done.

I don't know if it's scummy to run interference for Galz here, but it's sure anti-town.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 04, 2020, 10:28:26 pm »

We need more people to throw votes around, try out some wagons, shake something loose.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 04, 2020, 10:38:46 pm »

Vote: galzria

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 04, 2020, 10:44:25 pm »

Yeah.

This is such an unintentionally hilarious statement. "Galz has contributed nothing of value whatsoever this day, how dare you vote for him!"

I mean, really this is the whole problem we are having, people are tending to just vote for the same small cluster of players, scrutinizing them over and over again, while generally little else is said or done.

I don't know if it's scummy to run interference for Galz here, but it's sure anti-town.

my point was based on I remember you town reading him yesterday. So now he has done nothing. and now you skum read him. So nothing changed. So why did your read change?
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.