Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190546 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D2)
« Reply #850 on: August 03, 2020, 06:31:21 pm »

FWIW I have only phone web for the appreciable future. I can reply but don't expect me to be able to do ISO reads etc., mostly just gut feel.

That said I think scum is real happy with the focus being on me and mix, or chat would move on. This suggests to me that mix is also town, so I think we need to vote: Robz

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 03, 2020, 07:55:35 pm »

There's variance among how the term is used but I use it to mean either townreading or complimenting or +1ing someone else in a way that makes them have favorable attitudes toward you in general, as scum so they're less likely to vote you, then or later

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 03, 2020, 07:56:20 pm »

I haven't done much this game tbh my motivation is kind of low

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 03, 2020, 10:42:05 pm »

FWIW I have only phone web for the appreciable future. I can reply but don't expect me to be able to do ISO reads etc., mostly just gut feel.

That said I think scum is real happy with the focus being on me and mix, or chat would move on. This suggests to me that mix is also town, so I think we need to vote: Robz

I think I actually agree. My main MiX argument was the unwillingness to hammer. My gut said it was un-MiX like, but the more I think about it, I don't actually recall him wanting to hammer. (one of my early games was MiX vs Ash accusing each other of being the last scum; ash is someone who loved to hammer and I may have mixed them up).

I'm not a big fan if exiling lurkers, as I am sometimes that, as well.  Though I would like to hear from them.

I think I'll join the

vote: Robz

crowd as the anti lurker who does seem to be trying to control the narrative.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 03, 2020, 11:35:56 pm »

whats your "gut read" on LL?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 03, 2020, 11:44:00 pm »

Here's a separate question. How come Galz and Iis were willing to exile MiX the first time he was at X-1 but not the second? Reverse question for Chairs.

Actually, this ain't a bad point. Here are the wagons for reference:

This is the chairs X1 wagon:
Isis (2): EFHW, SpaceAnemone
jotheonah (4): MiX, chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl
LaLight (1): Dylan32
chairs (6): Galzria, scolapasta, Isis, jotheonah, Robz, LaLight (x-1)

This is the first MiX X1 wagon:
Isis (1): EFHW
jotheonah (3): , chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl,
MiX (6): Dylan32, LaLight, Robz, Isis, Galz, Pasta (x-1)
chairs (3):  jotheonah, MiX, Space

Then there is the last MiX X1 wagon:
Isis (2): EFHW, MiX,
jotheonah (4): Swowl, Galzria, WestCoastDidds
MiX (6): Dylan32, LaLight, Robz888, scolapasta, jotheonah, chairs
chairs (2): SpaceAnemone, Isis

While I think the point is good, the direction would be trying to tie one+ of Galz/Isis to one+ of MiX/chairs. Galz/Isis could just be town - I mean Isis wasn't even online for any of that. Still think the best bet is within MiX/Chairs. Lean on Chairs.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 04, 2020, 03:01:35 am »

I'd love to see a rundown of Robz's posts, but first I'd lije others to chip in about this.

1. defending Joth.

vote: joth semi-seriously
Would love to hear this case.

2. votes MiX.

Vote: MiX

3. open door on galz.

Ok, now I'm having a hard time articulating why this is scummy. Basically, I think it's scummy to jump on someone else's case and then sort of softly egg that person on to back it up with a vote. Like he's impatient to get a wagon going.
I don't agree, I think the question was fine.
I do think Galz is behaving quite like he did last game as scum, mostly in terms of relatively being lurky, but it's kind of early to say so for sure.
And then we're getting into WIFOM territory, but doesn't scum!Galz switch it up and go for overactivity here?
[/quote]

4. the weakest case which they refuse to talk about yet insist to push ever made in the history of ever.

not  "vla"... but I will be out for like the next 24 hours.
I thought Galz was getting the better of swowl in their exchange, which culminated in swowl OMGUS voting for Galz, and then declaring a 24 hour partial VLA, which I read as I'm-taking-heat-gotta-get-out-of-here, and THAT is legitimately more likely to be scum behavior.
Vote: Swowl

5. Defending pops/isis.

Not at all convinced by the votes on pops. People who are extremely quiet shouldn't complain about him.

... yadda yadda bunch of posts about how me and galz's (galz'?) thing is skummy on me for going camping...

6. Follow up on the open door on galz.

When did I buddy you???
Lol iso yourself. You’re super agreeable towards me. Not saying I MIND though...
I mean, I haven't like attacked you. You haven't said all that much yet. But we're really defining buddying down if me not having gunned for you from the get-go is an example of buddying!
This sort of matters, since me buddying you is indeed something town!you would think is scummy behavior from me. Falsely claiming I'm buddying you is therefore definitely a line of approach that scum!you could use.

... yadda yadda galz and robz doing galz and robz things ...

7. 5 straw pennies to anyone that is reading close enough to get why this is weird

Swowl did something legitimately scummy, or at least something I can identify as perhaps scummy, maybe? which is the best I can do for Day 1 at least. It's not buddying you to call this out, just because you happen to be the onus for swowl outing himself (if he is scum).

8. There is no case. It was not obvious. And I asked a very specific question, not hard to answer it if you have a case instead of deflecting.
I'd also like Galz to respond to my swowl case.
I would like robz to answer my previous question regarding what your case is?
How about I’ll make it super simple - explain to me exactly what it is that you think i was making an excuse to leave the table from? Like not the general “3 post back and forth” between Galz and I. But what exact part of it do you think i would have enough of an issue with dealing with that i do what you say instead of not?
I think it’s perfectly obvious. There’s not a lot to it, because it’s not like the most major slam dunk case ever.

9. this is stated while they are the solo (or solo +1, can't remember) vote on me. also, while I am all for new robz, def not something they cared about in the past. before it was more "hammer that ish right not to get done with Day 1". so overall, that is weird.

Ugh. Never good for town when we sort of come down to the wire and are forced to do a last minute exile without time to adjudicate claims. It's time for some wagon consolidation, people.

10. then they vote chairs. then they unvote chairs for this reason. both of which is skummy.

Ugh. Never good for town when we sort of come down to the wire and are forced to do a last minute exile without time to adjudicate claims. It's time for some wagon consolidation, people.

and I am tired and getting to the end of day 1 and need more concentration. Someone else can do the rest.

all said and done... I don't think Skum!robz makes that case on me Day 1. I also don't think they interact with galz the way they did if they are skum. The chairs vote timing is suspicious but I will admit to being bias in saying that it was coming off a shitty wagon, so it wouldn't take much.

def not sold on town. But I will not be voting robz over other options today.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 04, 2020, 03:02:12 am »

btw the previous was per mix request because I can't sleep.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 04, 2020, 08:03:55 am »

Thank you Swan!

That's a lot to analyze. Why is point 2. a thing?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 04, 2020, 08:20:03 am »

whats your "gut read" on LL?

LL is in this game?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 04, 2020, 11:06:43 am »

To the extent "I'm trying to control the game," I really make no apologies. This game is so far characterized by intense lurking from a variety of players, and a hyper fixation on MiX and chairs. Yes, I have ben trying to steer us away from that. You can say it's controlling, I just say it's scumhunting, and it's what more people should be doing. Please, try it some time!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 04, 2020, 11:08:01 am »

Insane. Why does this make you think we need to vote for me. I agree with you, I'm against the mixing and the chairsing!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Night 0)
« Reply #862 on: August 04, 2020, 11:28:46 am »

faust has replaced LaLight.

Vote Count 2.1

Isis (1): MiX
MiX (2): Dylan32, SpaceAnemone
SpaceAnemone (2): Robz888, Isis
Robz888 (3): EFHW, chairs, scolapasta
chairs (1): Swowl

Not Voting (2): faust, Galzria

With 11 alive it takes 6 to exile.

Day 2 lasts until 12:30AM FT on Saturday, August 8th, 2020.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 04, 2020, 11:36:01 am »

Insane. Why does this make you think we need to vote for me. I agree with you, I'm against the mixing and the chairsing!

Mostly wanted to see how you'd react.

Vote: Faust

Welcome to the game!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 04, 2020, 12:24:37 pm »

Faust, eh? This will be interesting.

Does no one think Isis is scum other than me?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 04, 2020, 12:42:16 pm »

Faust, eh? This will be interesting.

Does no one think Isis is scum other than me?

She's on my list, but I prefer Robz or chairs.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 04, 2020, 12:59:53 pm »

How is everyone?

I have not followed this game at all, so please give me a short breakdown of what happened so far.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 04, 2020, 01:15:37 pm »

We had what is increasingly looking like a trio of town wagons on D1 that just never went away, with an impressive seven seconds until deadline exiling joth.

Then our groot died overnight but I think that was just scum shooting an engaged player not an intentional shot at the tree (who I think was the doc?). Either way it's not great.

Now we're on D2 and most folks agree we need to review new players but there seems to be a low motivation to move forward.

I think we need to XAL, personally. If I were scum and play were this slow I'd be happy to just minimally post and not push the game very hard.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 04, 2020, 01:17:57 pm »

That said I think Isis is town, I think MiX is probably Town, I think Robz is mildly Town, I think I forgot LL was in this game which is a bad sign there but you just replaced LL so maybe you'll be able to sort out my concerns on that front.

Vote: spaceanemone

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 04, 2020, 01:22:20 pm »

Thank you Swan!

That's a lot to analyze. Why is point 2. a thing?

just interactions. it was late. IDK. It was just bolded text at the start of the iso.
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: August 04, 2020, 01:36:32 pm »

We had what is increasingly looking like a trio of town wagons on D1 that just never went away, with an impressive seven seconds until deadline exiling joth.

Then our groot died overnight but I think that was just scum shooting an engaged player not an intentional shot at the tree (who I think was the doc?). Either way it's not great.

Now we're on D2 and most folks agree we need to review new players but there seems to be a low motivation to move forward.

I think we need to XAL, personally. If I were scum and play were this slow I'd be happy to just minimally post and not push the game very hard.

XAL? (I get that XAL may be be replacing LAL, but I wouldn't know what that meant anyway)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 04, 2020, 01:45:31 pm »

XAL? (I get that XAL may be be replacing LAL, but I wouldn't know what that meant anyway)

exile all lurkers. Which in this game is a majority of the roster, unfortunately self included today.  I've had a tunnel of a scum read on MiX and have been rereading and have just been struggling to get a read on anyone apart from that scumread.  I'll try reading back again, maybe do an iso on a couple different people to figure out what alternatives there are to MiX, although frankly I would still very much be on board with an exile there. I think some of the push away from the D1 wagons could actually be partners pushing us away from that.

Also, I saw this looking over the setup again earlier, but scum has daychat, which could also partially contribute to the lack of in-thread conversations. I've never been scum in a game that had that, so I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to be active in both if a person's time online is limited.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 04, 2020, 01:47:06 pm »

Okay, kind of skimmed the thread now. So much DAMA, must be Corona-induced.

I also feel comfortable with the OMGUS now.

Vote: chairs
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 04, 2020, 01:51:21 pm »

Scum has daychat?? Why didn't anyone mention this before?

Okay, kind of skimmed the thread now. So much DAMA, must be Corona-induced.

I also feel comfortable with the OMGUS now.

Vote: chairs

What, why? Why chairs? Why do you care about who was voting LL?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 04, 2020, 01:54:09 pm »

Whaaaaat, no wonder these days are terrible! I've been playing it all wrong! What the hell, setup. Why does scum have daychat??

Sighhhhhhhh, that means things that look scummy but usually aren't can be scummy again, since scum has more confidence!

That should mean Robz is town, idk about Isis though.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.