Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190477 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D2)
« Reply #825 on: August 02, 2020, 03:07:12 pm »

Breadcrumbing on purpose is not something Didds would do, is the main point. Another one is that even if she did crumb, scum could've not seen it, and NKd her for some other reason. And then if you can determine that scum did see the crumb, it's almost impossible to determine who could've seen it: everyone can theoretically have, right?

I don't think most people would do that because you don't know how likely scum is to be good at catching that kind of thing. Even if they would, I also don't want to speculate on who in the game is good at word games in English and who isn't. Didds was towny but less likely to be protected (as it turned out, unable to be protected), which would make her a good nk choice.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 02, 2020, 03:07:49 pm »

If you are good at crumbing there should be a 0% chance of scum figuring out your crumb.  Lots of people are just lazy though.  Airtight crumbs are trivial.

It sounds like MiX is saying Didds wouldn't crumb at all.

It still seems pretty silly and peripheral but maybe you actually have taken interest in such a futile thing.  Do you wanna help me kill MiX? The mod didn't give me a dayvig this time.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 02, 2020, 03:10:32 pm »

Are you talking to me? I'm not scumreading MiX.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 02, 2020, 03:13:24 pm »

If you are good at crumbing there should be a 0% chance of scum figuring out your crumb.  Lots of people are just lazy though.  Airtight crumbs are trivial.

It still seems pretty silly and peripheral but maybe you actually have taken interest in such a futile thing.  Do you wanna help me kill MiX? The mod didn't give me a dayvig this time.

How the hell did you spin this into thinking I'm scummy? Please explain, as that felt like a huge leap of logic.

I think she's talking to Space...

Girls, if you wanna talk directly to someone without quoting, do so only on the immediate reply, that is, on the post directly afterwards. Space will get confused otherwise, not to mention everyone else.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 02, 2020, 03:22:38 pm »

Hey Space, who's scum? What are your reads from EoD1? Given all those post counts surely you've reread, right? What jumped out?

Erm.. it's not like I'm re-reading people to count their posts.. that's what Matlab is for :-P

Anyway, looking through the D1 wagons in light of the flips:

The early MiX wagon had two known towns and then Robz and Chairs. I think that was the only point in the game where Didds and Joth were voting in the same place, though.

When the Isis wagon first hit 4 people, Chairs was also the one to take it up to 4 votes at #256, though I'm the only green on there.

MiX's wagon had just our two flipped towns from #266 all the way up to #439, with only Isis joining from #366 to #410. MiX can be quite provocative, so I'd expect more scum interest if he's town, which gives me some confidence that we have at least one in {MiX,Isis}, with MiX being higher likelihood.

Joth's wagon started picking up at #445 when Swowl joined. That makes one scum in {MiX, Chairs, Swowl} look pretty likely.

Through the 500s (post numbers), Joth had Chairs, Didds, Swowl and Galz on his tail. That looks a bit bad for Chairs, However, the leading alternative wagon at this point was Chairs, so it's not surprising that he didn't move away. Meanwhile, MiX was on Chairs and then Isis.

So currently the scummiest wagon placements are Chairs and MiX, though Swowl needs a re-read, and Galz definitely needs a first iso.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 02, 2020, 03:27:50 pm »

Girls, if you wanna talk directly to someone without quoting, do so only on the immediate reply, that is, on the post directly afterwards. Space will get confused otherwise, not to mention everyone else.

For the record, while I think you're only calling Isis and EFHW "girls" here, I'd like to make it known that while I'll accept she/her as a pronoun, I will take a super-dim view of anyone trying to group me in any "girls" umbrella.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 02, 2020, 03:29:43 pm »

Way to patronise someone and then try to get them onto your cause all in one breath :-P

I do think Vote: MiX isn't the silliest move right now, though.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 02, 2020, 03:34:55 pm »

Hey Space, who's scum? What are your reads from EoD1? Given all those post counts surely you've reread, right? What jumped out?

Erm.. it's not like I'm re-reading people to count their posts.. that's what Matlab is for :-P

Anyway, looking through the D1 wagons in light of the flips:

The early MiX wagon had two known towns and then Robz and Chairs. I think that was the only point in the game where Didds and Joth were voting in the same place, though.

When the Isis wagon first hit 4 people, Chairs was also the one to take it up to 4 votes at #256, though I'm the only green on there.

MiX's wagon had just our two flipped towns from #266 all the way up to #439, with only Isis joining from #366 to #410. MiX can be quite provocative, so I'd expect more scum interest if he's town, which gives me some confidence that we have at least one in {MiX,Isis}, with MiX being higher likelihood.

Joth's wagon started picking up at #445 when Swowl joined. That makes one scum in {MiX, Chairs, Swowl} look pretty likely.

Through the 500s (post numbers), Joth had Chairs, Didds, Swowl and Galz on his tail. That looks a bit bad for Chairs, However, the leading alternative wagon at this point was Chairs, so it's not surprising that he didn't move away. Meanwhile, MiX was on Chairs and then Isis.

So currently the scummiest wagon placements are Chairs and MiX, though Swowl needs a re-read, and Galz definitely needs a first iso.

That's a good VCA. Your thought on MiX/Isis having 1 scum is also a feeling I had, although I didn't do my VCA yet (and won't for a while, stuck on mobile until wednesday). I also agree with the chairs bit, all the way to "he had to vote for joth".

Way to patronise someone and then try to get them onto your cause all in one breath :-P

If it worked...

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 02, 2020, 03:57:30 pm »

To an almost absurd degree, we keep having conversations about basically just MiX and chairs. This is partly due to MiX's aggressive and unhelpful self-preservationist style, but we also don't need to keep catering to it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 02, 2020, 03:57:54 pm »

I'm shocked, just shocked that you would go in this direction.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 02, 2020, 04:33:00 pm »

To an almost absurd degree, we keep having conversations about basically just MiX and chairs. This is partly due to MiX's aggressive and unhelpful self-preservationist style, but we also don't need to keep catering to it.

I mean, there is a surefire way to deal with it and not have to worry about it again this game. Just saying.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 02, 2020, 04:47:53 pm »

I mean, there is a surefire way to deal with it and not have to worry about it again this game. Just saying.

We can also catch scum and not take the easy way out. Just saying.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 02, 2020, 05:23:05 pm »

OK counter argument to this. Details to follow. But in at least moderate agreement with the Space Analysis - the options revolving around Chairs/MiX are fairly limited. During the heat of Day 1, it was Joth v Chairs v MiX. Chairs gets run up, doesn't happen. MiX gets run up, doesn't happen. Joth gets run up, doesn't happen. MiX gets run up again... doesn't happen. And then Joth get's lynched.

So when I ran VCA I was primarily ISOing out MiX and Chairs and the combinations of alignments they could have.
1. = Town/Town
2. = Skum/Skum
3. = Skum!MiX/Town!Chairs
4. = Skum!Chairs/Town!MiX

Vote Count 1.3 – 1 day out
chairs (4): Galzria, scolapasta, Isis, jotheonah
jotheonah (4): MiX, chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl
Isis (2): EFHW, SpaceAnemone
Swowl (2): LaLight, Robz888,
LaLight (1): Dylan32

- So I believe this is the count that Space was mentioning (MiX, Chairs, Swowl, and WCD on Joth).
- For me, with some bias I suppose... the interesting VC is not a VC, but what happens after the next two moves (Robz and LL move from Swowl to Chairs) is the VC I am looking at. That puts us here:

chairs (6): Galzria, scolapasta, Isis, jotheonah, Robz, LaLight (x-1)
jotheonah (4): MiX, chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl
Isis (2): EFHW, SpaceAnemone
LaLight (1): Dylan32

1. = Could be a thing. Would be weird from my pov, bc I know I am town, so that is no skum on Joth at this point at all. Would probably mean at least 1 skum off wagons, which would explain the multitudes of ups and downs we go through from this point forward.
2. = Could be. Mainly because the next sets of moves is the dismantling of the Chairs wagon. If the case, or if chairs is skum at all, would make Robz/LL very unlikely as partner. Also the whole MiX not wanting to hammer chairs thing comes into play there.
3. = Possible. Though, Dylan, Robz and LL both move over to MiX... and 2/3 of those people are super high on my radar, so that is a fence for me.
4. = Seems most likely for me. Between the above count to the below (next) count, we go from a chairs wagon of [Galzria, scolapasta, Isis, jotheonah, Robz, LaLight] to a chairs wagon of [Pasta, Isis, Joth, MiX, Space]. So, Pasta, Isis, Joth stay where they were on chairs. Galz gets off chairs to Joth, Robz and LL get onto MiX. I guess if anything that FOS's galz more than the others in that set.

-   Dylan votes MiX (LL)
-   Robz unvotes
-   LL votes MiX (Chairs)
-   Joth votes MiX (chairs)
-   Galz votes Joth (chairs)
-   Robz votes MiX (no vote)
-   Joth votes back to chairs (MiX)
-   MiX votes chairs (Joth)
-   Space votes Chairs (Isis)

brings us here:
Isis (1): EFHW
jotheonah (4): , chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, Galzria
MiX (3): Dylan32, LaLight, Robz
chairs (5): , scolapasta, Isis, jotheonah, MiX, Space

-   Isis votes MiX (Chairs)
-   Galz votes MiX (Joth)
-   Pasta votes MiX (Chairs) (X-1)

puts us here:
jotheonah (3): , chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl,
MiX (6): Dylan32, LaLight, Robz, Isis, Galz, Pasta (x-1)
chairs (3):  jotheonah, MiX, Space

-   Isis votes Charis
-   Galz votes Joth (MiX)
-   Joth votes MiX (X-1)
-   MiX votes Isis (Chairs)
-   WCD votes Isis (Joth)

brings us to VC 1.4 - 1.5 hours out of DL
MiX (5): Dylan32, LaLight, Robz888, scolapasta, jotheonah
Isis (3): EFHW, MiX, WestCoastDidds
jotheonah (3): chairs, Swowl, Galzria
chairs (2): SpaceAnemone, Isis

1. = OK possible
2. = Becoming unlikely. As this is immediately followed by Chairs putting MiX at L-1
3. = Starting to not think this is likely at this point either. I would assume that of the 5 players on MiX [Dylan32, LaLight, Robz888, scolapasta, jotheonah] if mix is skum here there has to be like at least 1 bus right? except like no one leaves here after for while...
4. = OK yeah this could be a thing. again. Skum chairs on MiX... probably like another skum on there, and/or 1-2 skum off that want to keep wagons split and not look skummy for hammering or have expressed no interest in mix to this point.

-   WCD votes Joth (Isis)
-   Chairs votes MiX (Joth) (X-1)
-   Mix votes Joth (Isis)

Vote Count 1.5
MiX (6): Dylan32, LaLight, Robz888, scolapasta, jotheonah, chairs {X-1}
jotheonah (4): Swowl, Galzria, WestCoastDidds, MiX
chairs (2): SpaceAnemone, Isis

-   WCD votes Chairs (Joth)
-   Chairs votes Joth (MiX)
-   Robz votes Chairs (MiX)

jotheonah (4): Swowl, Galzria, MiX, chairs
MiX (4): Dylan32, LaLight, , scolapasta, jotheonah,
chairs (4): SpaceAnemone, Isis, WCD, Robz888

-   Space votes Joth (Chairs)
-   WCD moves back to Joth (Chairs)
-   Scola hammers Joth (MiX) *like 7 seconds left*

Vote Count 1.FINAL
jotheonah (7): Swowl, Galzria, MiX, chairs, SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, scolapasta
MiX (3): Dylan32, LaLight, jotheonah
chairs (2): Isis, Robz888

1. = OK, if both town then like almost for sure skum in Galz, Space, Pasta. Would also dictate the on wagon kill to try and give more reason for us not to devatite from looking at MiX/Chairs.
2. = Could be the case, but counter point of #1 here, WCD would be a weird pick. I would expect them to pick a kill that could potentially iso our field down to 3 players off wagon to try and sway us away from MiX/Chairs selection. Also there is the whole Chairs putting mix at L-1 bit countered by the MiX not wanting to hammer chairs. but still... not likely all in all to me.
3. = Obviously possible. But I just don't get why MiX would not hammer chairs in the past when MiX was the the one at risk themselves. Or they could of gone for Joth. But neither, they went for Isis, then Joth died down, then they went for Joth.
4. = Def Possible. They start out on Joth. Joth dies down. They move to MiX. And in the end end up on Joth again.

So I know that is gonna get some scrutinty on focusing so much on Chairs/MiX. But the fact of the matter is that Chairs/MiX/Isis/Joth were kind of the sole focus on the day - Gap on Isis technically I guess, they just got a lot of talk.
But the point is, I don't think given the scenarios listed that it is likely that they are both skum.
I think it is possible that they are both Town.
And if i have to pick one, which I think we should, I pick chairs over MiX.

Vote: Chairs

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 02, 2020, 06:06:17 pm »

How the hell did you spin this into thinking I'm scummy? Please explain, as that felt like a huge leap of logic.

I think she's talking to Space...

Oh don't worry I just always scumread you it was definitely a nonsequitir

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 02, 2020, 06:08:41 pm »

I'm pocketing you is it working

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: August 02, 2020, 06:12:46 pm »

Man as much I want to townread Swowl for putting in effort that's the kind of effort that's not too hard to do as scum.

He's probably just town for other reasons though

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 02, 2020, 06:22:31 pm »

Man as much I want to townread Swowl for putting in effort that's the kind of effort that's not too hard to do as scum.

He's probably just town for other reasons though

hold onto those other reasons. Everyone in this game will confirm I do it regardless of alignment.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 03, 2020, 07:58:36 am »

The one scummy thing MiX has done was backing off of Robz. I was going to post all the examples of Robz trying to control the game,  but I don't want to be obnoxious. I can if people want to see it. But his defense didn't address MiX's observations. So was MiX intimidated? Was it a faked argument?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 03, 2020, 08:17:10 am »

The one scummy thing MiX has done was backing off of Robz. I was going to post all the examples of Robz trying to control the game,  but I don't want to be obnoxious. I can if people want to see it. But his defense didn't address MiX's observations. So was MiX intimidated? Was it a faked argument?

I think it's possible Robz is town and controlling things. It's not the good old Robz we know, but he definitely has the skills to do that. I also think that D1, and Isis' style in general, aligns a lot with her being scum. She's not really doing much? Yet says she is. I think that's precisely what she would do here as scum. The VCA also points to that, as Swowl pointed out.

I'd love to see a rundown of Robz's posts, but first I'd lije others to chip in about this.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 03, 2020, 08:20:11 am »

Here's a separate question. How come Galz and Iis were willing to exile MiX the first time he was at X-1 but not the second? Reverse question for Chairs.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 03, 2020, 08:21:10 am »

I think it's possible Robz is town and controlling things. It's not the good old Robz we know, but he definitely has the skills to do that. I also think that D1, and Isis' style in general, aligns a lot with her being scum. She's not really doing much? Yet says she is. I think that's precisely what she would do here as scum. The VCA also points to that, as Swowl pointed out.

I'd love to see a rundown of Robz's posts, but first I'd lije others to chip in about this.
He does have the skills, but he usually uses them as scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 03, 2020, 09:15:13 am »

Sorry all - I will get caught up this afternoon.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 03, 2020, 04:03:15 pm »

I'm pocketing you is it working

I'm not a number, I'm a free Anemone! Or something like that. Also, Swowl's pocket looks tempting too.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 03, 2020, 05:30:22 pm »

can someone tell me what pocketing is? I had been reading it as "buddying" but I am getting the sense that is incorrect.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 03, 2020, 06:08:06 pm »

can someone tell me what pocketing is? I had been reading it as "buddying" but I am getting the sense that is incorrect.

It's buddying, but more persistant and more permanent? That's probably a good way to explain it.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.