Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190467 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D2)
« Reply #800 on: August 01, 2020, 12:49:32 am »

yes wagons can work that way of course that's possible

k - do you think that is the case?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 01, 2020, 12:53:17 am »

i dont think it's obvious what was going on with the wagons

sometimes none of it makes sense

i just won a game where 6 townies and a scum were voting scum day 1 and 4 townies were voting a townie together, and the third scum was rolling around in the dandelions

sometimes it's better jsut be like
"who is acting scummy"

unless the wagon analysis is super easy

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 01, 2020, 12:53:47 am »

that game the nightkill guessing was super easy and was heavily used

the moral of the story is
be lazy
work smarter not harder

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 01, 2020, 05:24:37 am »

#727 seems like a rather fake response to night since whether Didds crumbed anything is super irrelevant.

Why is it "super irrelevant"? Are all possible scumteams equally good with language? Didds is very strong, but others here aren't so much, either because we're more at home on the technical end of the spectrum and/or because not everyone is a native speaker of English. So if she hid a subtle enough clue, maybe there's a limited number of people who'd get it.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 01, 2020, 05:29:52 am »

I am a little bit behind and I am sorry about that. I have surprisingly shitload of work, so I will probably be replacing soon, sorry about that.

Aw, it's a shame we haven't gotten to interact more this game :-( I didn't even give you an affectionate RVS vote because Dylan claimed you first :-P Hope work isn't too harsh. Stay safe!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 01, 2020, 06:11:00 am »

it doesn't matter whether she crumbed her role or not because she's dead.   it does not help you figure out who the scum are at all to know whether she crumbed her role or not.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 01, 2020, 06:11:30 am »

and she wasn't an investigator so she couldn't sprinkle results in crumbs

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 01, 2020, 06:13:28 am »

so you're talkng about something that has no effect on the game like hearthstone except in this case you're pretending to talk about the game which makes it a concern that it is fake participation whereas talking about hearthstone isn't even an attempt to fake participation really

i rolled maeiv this game and i got some rockpool hunters and those are usually good but i don't htink they vibe iwth maiev

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 01, 2020, 07:18:47 am »

so you're talkng about something that has no effect on the game like hearthstone except in this case you're pretending to talk about the game which makes it a concern that it is fake participation whereas talking about hearthstone isn't even an attempt to fake participation really

i rolled maeiv this game and i got some rockpool hunters and those are usually good but i don't htink they vibe iwth maiev

That's obviously wrong. Space thinks this is important, and you disagree. This argument already generated more value than all of your HS posts combined.

I agree that it's not important, I completely disagree that it's scummy. In fact, it's townie, as it suggests Space didn't find anything, whereas scum has.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 01, 2020, 07:21:05 am »

#727 seems like a rather fake response to night since whether Didds crumbed anything is super irrelevant.

Why is it "super irrelevant"? Are all possible scumteams equally good with language? Didds is very strong, but others here aren't so much, either because we're more at home on the technical end of the spectrum and/or because not everyone is a native speaker of English. So if she hid a subtle enough clue, maybe there's a limited number of people who'd get it.

It's somewhat irrelevant because it could very well be due to her reaction to the wrong-game post scola made, and thus everything about it is NAI. It's not like Didds wanted to claim she was doc.

Don't ask why I needed 2 posts for this.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 01, 2020, 09:24:02 am »

I wondered about the crumb thing, too.  It's true that whether she did or not doesn't help catch scum, but it's natural to be curious.

What does seem strange to me is Space's defense of her comment. Why go on about the relative strengths of f.ds players in English? Didds wouldn't have known how skilled scum were at reading in English. If we found a breadcrumb, would there be any inferences to make based on knowing who has a different first language?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 01, 2020, 09:31:37 am »

Keeping my suspicions to myself is just making me too quiet, so I'll share.  And likely regret it. But I completely agree with MiX's observations about Robz. These were the thoughts I wasn't mentioning.  Why did you back down so quickly, MiX?

Vote: Robz

I will also mention a different possibility other than Robz being scum, which is that he is still riding high after his successful scumreading in the last game.

Vote: Robz

I can't remember a time where he hasn't been trying to control the thread. Between his case on Swowl, defense of joth and now voting Space, it seems Robz is on top of everything that is happening, and always comes out of it better than he should.

Who's been talking about him anyway?

This also works really well in a scum!chairs world, as Robz also defended him a bunch.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 01, 2020, 09:35:40 am »

Robz's defense was good, and I want Isis first.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 01, 2020, 10:07:55 am »

Isis has my not voting her D2 decision because I think if she is scum we'll see a slip

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 01, 2020, 10:55:41 am »

Agree with this, are you voting Space yet? You should join me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 01, 2020, 09:27:34 pm »

[v]SpaceAnemone[/v]

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 01, 2020, 09:28:01 pm »

Vote: SpaceAnemone

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 01, 2020, 09:28:30 pm »

I don't slip, I'm much more proficient at scum than town, even though I enjoy town more

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 01, 2020, 10:41:13 pm »

I'll say more about this tomorrow. Isis was a good Day 1 lynch. What elevates her to being a good Day 2 lynch?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 01, 2020, 11:02:27 pm »

I'll say more about this tomorrow. Isis was a good Day 1 lynch. What elevates her to being a good Day 2 lynch?

The fact that joth was town.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 02, 2020, 01:04:45 am »

You make no sense

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 02, 2020, 02:40:49 pm »

Man, it doesn't feel like I've posted that little. I guess avoiding the off-topic convos sort of hurts that stat.

I've been trying to respond to this post since yesterday morning! The short answer would have been to point out that what you said in one post, some other players would have split into two or three.

The longer answer is that you have the second-highest average number of words per post, which I know because I went and extended my vote-counting script to do word counts as well as post counts for every player.. it was a much messier task than I'd expected, and there may still be some things I'm counting that I shouldn't be, but I'm definitely not counting things like quoted text, the "Quote from.." text that's just outside of quoted text, or bits of punctuation and html spaces that the first iteration thought were words, so it'll do for no:

Average numbers of words per post:
   85.3 SpaceAnemone
   70.2 Dylan32
   47.6 Galzria
   41.6 scolapasta
   32.1 Isis
   30.1 WestCoastDidds
   28.9 MiX
   28.2 jotheonah
   25.7 Robz888
   21.1 Chairs
   20.7 Swowl
   14.4 EFHW
   14.0 LaLight

My count is probably a little inflated from posting vote counts or tabulated stuff like the list above, but not by very much, and I still think it's game-useful content even if it's not just sentences.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 02, 2020, 02:53:51 pm »

Hey Space, who's scum? What are your reads from EoD1? Given all those post counts surely you've reread, right? What jumped out?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 02, 2020, 02:55:34 pm »

I wondered about the crumb thing, too.  It's true that whether she did or not doesn't help catch scum, but it's natural to be curious.

What does seem strange to me is Space's defense of her comment. Why go on about the relative strengths of f.ds players in English? Didds wouldn't have known how skilled scum were at reading in English. If we found a breadcrumb, would there be any inferences to make based on knowing who has a different first language?

I'm really puzzled how you three (EFHW, MiX, Isis) think about breadcrumbs that you're all three agreeing that this is irrelevant. It might not offer anything more than super-weak evidence against some certain configurations of scum-team, but I see a definite distinction between that and "irrelevant". The way I see it, a breadcrumb is something you post early in the game so that when claims come out later, you can point to it and say something along the lines on "see, I'm not just making it up and claiming the most convenient role: I hid this secret message at the start".

For that to work, you need to come up with something that's subtle enough not to be noticed by scum, but clear enough that they can't really argue against it once you've pointed it out. That's a language skill. If there was a breadcrumb, then for scum to spot it, especially since I looked in retrospect and still couldn't see something, I suggest that at least one member of the scumteam is clever enough or familiar enough with Didds's language patterns that they sussed it out.

So.. how is that different from what you three mean?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 02, 2020, 02:58:58 pm »

Breadcrumbing on purpose is not something Didds would do, is the main point. Another one is that even if she did crumb, scum could've not seen it, and NKd her for some other reason. And then if you can determine that scum did see the crumb, it's almost impossible to determine who could've seen it: everyone can theoretically have, right?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.