Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190506 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: July 29, 2020, 12:26:13 am »

Isis isn't even trying to play the game.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 29, 2020, 12:31:13 am »

Alright, that was hyperbole.  But a spoiler wall post completely off topic? Seriously?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 29, 2020, 12:51:28 am »

Re: Galz’s “I pushed him decently hard.”

You didn’t push MiX anywhere near as hard as scum!Ash pushed town!MiX in the aforementioned 1v1, but I don’t remember MiX going to AtE the way he just did. Tired of Ash’s stubbornness or attacks, yeah, but tired of the whole game/not invested, I don’t think so.  In fact it was Ash that dropped a pretty strong AtE in that game that actually convinced me to vote MiX instead. My gut says this is MiX taking a page out of Ash’s book rather than genuinely being tired of this game. He didn’t have a wagon at all when he didn’t hammer chairs, so he wasn’t even really under any pressure at that point at all, so I don’t think there’s been enough pressure to really push MiX to that point. I mean, someone else, possibly. MiX, I don’t think so.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 29, 2020, 01:03:01 am »

Oh btw note how I'm one of the alternatives for TODAY, so not hammering chairs means I can very well die now.

Yeah that's definitely what scum!me likes. An end-of-day wagon coming full swing

vote: MiX

The whole MiX/Chairs thing is icky.

What does this even mean? Say your thoughts, not "icky".

Space & Joth covered them pretty well, thanks.

Fine.

You didn’t push MiX anywhere near as hard as scum!Ash pushed town!MiX in the aforementioned 1v1, but I don’t remember MiX going to AtE the way he just did. Tired of Ash’s stubbornness or attacks, yeah, but tired of the whole game/not invested, I don’t think so.  In fact it was Ash that dropped a pretty strong AtE in that game that actually convinced me to vote MiX instead. My gut says this is MiX taking a page out of Ash’s book rather than genuinely being tired of this game. He didn’t have a wagon at all when he didn’t hammer chairs, so he wasn’t even really under any pressure at that point at all, so I don’t think there’s been enough pressure to really push MiX to that point. I mean, someone else, possibly. MiX, I don’t think so.

Scum!you wouldn’t have had any reason to think you would be the next wagon up if you didn’t hammer chairs. By all accounts, Joth was the next most likely (and if people are bailing on you, he seems to still be), so I don’t think the idea of still being at risk because you didn’t hammer would have had much bearing on your decision making.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 29, 2020, 01:44:14 am »

zzzz

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 29, 2020, 02:19:32 am »

MiX, why are you always saying things about someone's alignment as if your reads are always 100% correct, although you were proven wrong a number of times?

Because I'm been correct and dismissed my own correct reads many more times.

yeah, but you work alone, you never work with town. You say things to discourage people for voting for other people without any argument whatsoever.

This back-and-forth was incredibly townie from LaLight.

As the night has gone on I’ve kept coming back to this in my head. It’s great to have your own individual reads, but sitting here repeating them over and over, while refusing to look/consider any other options does nothing useful for town - even if you’re 100% correct.

Town is coming from a position of a lack of knowledge. They have to figure things out. Together. As a team. Having one person on the team that refuses to cooperate or work together makes the entire project harder for everyone else.

I don’t think this point makes MiX any more likely to be scum, but I do think it’s a valuable lesson for being Town effectively. And I think LaLight’s making it is extremely townie.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 29, 2020, 04:55:43 am »

MiX, why are you always saying things about someone's alignment as if your reads are always 100% correct, although you were proven wrong a number of times?

Because I'm been correct and dismissed my own correct reads many more times.

yeah, but you work alone, you never work with town. You say things to discourage people for voting for other people without any argument whatsoever.

As the night has gone on I’ve kept coming back to this in my head. It’s great to have your own individual reads, but sitting here repeating them over and over, while refusing to look/consider any other options does nothing useful for town - even if you’re 100% correct.

Town is coming from a position of a lack of knowledge. They have to figure things out. Together. As a team. Having one person on the team that refuses to cooperate or work together makes the entire project harder for everyone else.

I don’t think this point makes MiX any more likely to be scum, but I do think it’s a valuable lesson for being Town effectively. And I think LaLight’s making it is extremely townie.

This post is ringing scumbells for me.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 29, 2020, 08:22:44 am »

MiX, assume only 2 of your 3 are correct. What’s your read on Robz?

And then:

Do you think EFHW, Didds, Space and LL are really all Town? I struggle to remember most of them are even in the game (especially Didds!)

Null.

EFHW seems town, although if it's anything like last time, I'm probably overlooking her. Didds is towny enough? Not the day to read her though. Space is a solid null, trying a bit too hard, but I think Space likes to try hard when they can as any alignment. LL seems town with his voting.

Alright, that was hyperbole.  But a spoiler wall post completely off topic? Seriously?

I completely agree. It doesn't mean isis is scum, but it's a very good indicator.

The ash push is something only scum can do. Are you calling Galzria town?

And yes, had there been a wagon on me I would've probably hammered. That doesn't mean scum!me can't see the wagon coming from a distance if I'm scared of it.

Scum!you wouldn’t have had any reason to think you would be the next wagon up if you didn’t hammer chairs. By all accounts, Joth was the next most likely (and if people are bailing on you, he seems to still be), so I don’t think the idea of still being at risk because you didn’t hammer would have had much bearing on your decision making.

Given how the joth wagon's going, I would definitely not rely on it to bail me out.

This post is ringing scumbells for me.

Are you back to scumreading Galz?

I think it's very towny.

How long until deadline?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 29, 2020, 08:26:02 am »

I’d be down to try a Galz wagon. We have 4 hours.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 29, 2020, 08:27:05 am »

I’d be down to try a Galz wagon. We have 4 hours.

No. What's wrong with chairs?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 29, 2020, 08:45:33 am »

Happy birthday, yams!! I hope it has been cake-filled!

Vote Count 1.WCD

Isis (1): EFHW
jotheonah (4): Chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, Galzria
Chairs (3): MiX, SpaceAnemone, isis
MiX (5): Dylan32, LaLight, Robz888, scolapasta, Joth

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Day 1 lasts until 12:30PM FT on Wednesday, July 29th, 2020.
Less than 4 hours
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 29, 2020, 08:51:55 am »

Okay, I've listened to everyone, and I am now re-evaluating my reads. Crazy, right?

EFHW seems scummy, although she's pushing isis correctly, which is to say her vote's on that wagon for ever now.

chairs is town. Unvote

Dylan is town.

Isis is scum. Vote: Isis

Joth will have to be solved later.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 29, 2020, 08:55:40 am »

Okay, I was scanning while doing the diddscount, so now I’ve reread. EFHW had a long run as scum. I think she’s broken the streak.

Vote: Isis

If there is going to be a swerve, I think that is the best direction.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 29, 2020, 08:57:37 am »

Didds and MiX, can you be a little less obvious about being partners?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 29, 2020, 08:58:38 am »

We're always partners. It's like me and chairs now. The powerful bonds of friendship and not going at each other's throats.

So is scum MiX/chairs/Didds/Galzria?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: July 29, 2020, 08:59:19 am »

We're always partners. It's like me and chairs now. The powerful bonds of friendship and not going at each other's throats.

it's that, minus Galz. But also I don't call teams on day 1. Who does that?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 29, 2020, 09:00:06 am »

I have lots of good friends here, but I don't let that stop me from going at their throats.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 29, 2020, 09:01:18 am »

On the other hand, I think you're doing a great job at hiding your partnership with isis.

it's that, minus Galz. But also I don't call teams on day 1. Who does that?

Me?

Also that team's just a team. We don't need to be scum.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 29, 2020, 09:02:37 am »

I’m partners with everyone! It’s the town way to be.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 29, 2020, 09:03:30 am »

Joth, you can be our partner, too. So can everyone!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 29, 2020, 09:05:37 am »

That's not true, unfortunately. There's 3 evil people out there Didds, made to kill us! We can't possibly convert them.

Okay, but seriously, if people want to exile chairs, I'm fine with it, he's doing way less effort than he should and I'm willing to punish it. I don't feel like pushing it, I'd rather catch other scum.

Joth, who do you wanna exile?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 29, 2020, 09:09:28 am »

But less flippantly, when I was was doing the count, I was struck but how little isis is contributing to the conversation about scum, and how much I (and others) have been distracted as a result of her play. Could be a stylistic difference, but EFHWs clear exasperation a few posts back is notable. EFHW is our level headed calm person. For her to get to FFS range is something.

If I’m choosing between you (Joth) and Isis, and I think you both have a reasonable good chance of being scum....I’ll break toward isis mostly because I know you’re game better than I know hers. And also, if you start tracking toward town, we have a proven ability to work together which could be valuable later on.

MiX didn’t really have anything to do with that. It was actually EFHW.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 29, 2020, 09:11:03 am »

That's not true, unfortunately. There's 3 evil people out there Didds, made to kill us! We can't possibly convert them.

True that. But if it’s isis and or chairs, they didn’t want to join anyway.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 29, 2020, 09:16:57 am »

I'd like  to exile MiX and it seems like there's actually a good chance of that happening. I'd also be fine with chairs. I continue to townread Isis and I actually think she's made plenty of contributions to the game.

But let's suppose that we are about the same on chairs and Isis.  chairs is the better exile because he's already checked out and said he won't claim so we can just do it with (I think) very low risk of hitting one of our PRs.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 29, 2020, 09:19:05 am »

I'd like  to exile MiX and it seems like there's actually a good chance of that happening. I'd also be fine with chairs. I continue to townread Isis and I actually think she's made plenty of contributions to the game.

But let's suppose that we are about the same on chairs and Isis.  chairs is the better exile because he's already checked out and said he won't claim so we can just do it with (I think) very low risk of hitting one of our PRs.

That’s a good argument about chairs. A less good argument about isis’ contributions.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 20 queries.