Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190420 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: July 28, 2020, 09:43:31 pm »

I can't remember who observed that it's impossible to lynch MiX, but they were apparently correct.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 28, 2020, 09:43:44 pm »

*exile (sorry)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 28, 2020, 09:44:52 pm »

Galzy! You wound me!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 28, 2020, 09:46:06 pm »

Galzy! You wound me!

Sorry!!! But really, outside all the fun posts, I really struggle to remember much game relevant stuff from you!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 28, 2020, 09:46:42 pm »

Robz is my favourite this game

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 28, 2020, 09:48:48 pm »

I can't remember who observed that it's impossible to lynch MiX, but they were apparently correct.

I wouldn’t have unvoted if MiX didn’t feel genuine to me in that exchange. I feel like I pushed him decently hard.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 28, 2020, 09:50:24 pm »

Galzy! You wound me!

Sorry!!! But really, outside all the fun posts, I really struggle to remember much game relevant stuff from you!

I agree, but I'm willing to give her a pass, as she seems to be in my "struggles with D1" boat.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 28, 2020, 09:54:23 pm »

Galzy! You wound me!

Fair enough. This was the didds/debate wedding anniversary so there has been travel and revelry and even when I’ve been free I’ve been day drinking so sketchy reads.

But I can summarize....I was on MiX all day until early this morning when I decided that although he seems to be in a bit of a funk, he’s not overtly scummy. Things went sideways for him later in the day, but I’m still getting more funk than scum. Whenever I’ve tried to characterize him as being in a funk, though, he’s pushed back against that, so I’m not 100% sold. But that run up and then fizzle? That seemed to be driven by some scummy mofos. Not sure who that is yet, but scummy, still.

It’s never hard to sell me on chairs, but I think Joth has been shadier here than chairs. But I get fooled by chairs ALL THE TIME. If Chris needs to be hammered tomorrow, I’ll do it, but it’s not my favorite idea.

PPE: Scola (yes! Thank you! The d1 struggle is real)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 28, 2020, 09:54:31 pm »

I wouldn’t have unvoted if MiX didn’t feel genuine to me in that exchange. I feel like I pushed him decently hard.

I unvoted chairs because I thought his last post read genuine and I think your comment was that you "disliked" this, so, same!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 28, 2020, 09:55:38 pm »

I don't know, maybe? I know I won't actually do it, but I need to go back and look at games I've played in the past with him. I feel like this is the first time I've seen a "waver" of confidence like this. I mean, maybe his hammering has never come up? I'm fairly certain I've seen more than one "intent to hammer" posts from him.

Another thing is that, especially in D1 he usually jumps votes around a decent amount. I *did* do a quick search in this gamer and he voted early RVS for isis (back when she was pops), then switcged once to joth. And that was it, until this non chairs hammer happened.

I'm really not sure how to interpret that.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 28, 2020, 09:58:09 pm »

It’s never hard to sell me on chairs, but I think Joth has been shadier here than chairs. But I get fooled by chairs ALL THE TIME. If Chris needs to be hammered tomorrow, I’ll do it, but it’s not my favorite idea.

Who is Chris? (chairs?)

Too late this game, but next game I think I may try to figure out a different D1 approach. Well, unless I'm scum, and then I'll have to figure that out.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 28, 2020, 09:59:52 pm »

I don't know, maybe? I know I won't actually do it, but I need to go back and look at games I've played in the past with him. I feel like this is the first time I've seen a "waver" of confidence like this. I mean, maybe his hammering has never come up? I'm fairly certain I've seen more than one "intent to hammer" posts from him.

Another thing is that, especially in D1 he usually jumps votes around a decent amount. I *did* do a quick search in this gamer and he voted early RVS for isis (back when she was pops), then switcged once to joth. And that was it, until this non chairs hammer happened.

I'm really not sure how to interpret that.

He did vote EXTREMELY little as my partner in the most recently concluded game - but it was multiball, so his voting was still looking for scum so... meh.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 28, 2020, 10:02:11 pm »

In terms of exile preference, mine is MiX > chairs > joth. It feels like those are the only three choices right now.

I would love a swowl exile.

A random exile of one of the lurkier people—WCD, LL, Space—would also be essentially fine with me.

I would prefer not to lynch pops, Galz , scola, Dylan, or joth today.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 28, 2020, 10:04:16 pm »

It was me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 28, 2020, 10:05:24 pm »

It’s never hard to sell me on chairs, but I think Joth has been shadier here than chairs. But I get fooled by chairs ALL THE TIME. If Chris Chairs needs to be hammered tomorrow, I’ll do it, but it’s not my favorite idea.

Who is Chris? (chairs?)

Too late this game, but next game I think I may try to figure out a different D1 approach. Well, unless I'm scum, and then I'll have to figure that out.

Yes! Typo...if I need to hammer chairs, I will

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 28, 2020, 10:06:40 pm »

Vote: MiX

I have no memory of hammerphobia as a trait of his. I do have memory of him using dayvig a pretty flippantly. Seems weird to be afraid of hammers but fine with guns.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 28, 2020, 10:07:09 pm »

In terms of exile preference, mine is MiX > chairs > joth. It feels like those are the only three choices right now.

I would love a swowl exile.

A random exile of one of the lurkier people—WCD, LL, Space—would also be essentially fine with me.

I would prefer not to lynch pops, Galz , scola, Dylan, or joth today.

Swowl was on my early list. I’m not opposed.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 28, 2020, 10:08:23 pm »

Although I’m worried that it would be a late hour swerve, and that’s also the always bad

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 28, 2020, 10:09:08 pm »

I have no memory of hammerphobia as a trait of his. I do have memory of him using dayvig a pretty flippantly. Seems weird to be afraid of hammers but fine with guns.

I've never had a dayvig. You're just making things up now.

I had a vengekill, which I used on 1 of my 2 scumreads, and it missed because my third scumread wasn't possible to kill.

If I post any more I'll enter the dangerous drunken state. I've harmed this thread enough.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 28, 2020, 10:10:25 pm »

I've never had a dayvig. You're just making things up now.

I had a vengekill, which I used on 1 of my 2 scumreads, and it missed because my third scumread wasn't possible to kill.

If I post any more I'll enter the dangerous drunken state. I've harmed this thread enough.

I mean, we're not supposed to discuss current games so I won't.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 28, 2020, 10:10:40 pm »

MiX has atoned loudly and often for incinerating me last fall. Bygones. But it was a vengekill.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 28, 2020, 10:12:41 pm »

Scola, what do you think about Joth?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 28, 2020, 10:16:22 pm »

Yams, will do a vote count, please?

I have to go to bed, but I get up before most of you. xoxo

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 28, 2020, 11:15:30 pm »

Ok well
6 Townies
3 Vengeful Mafia
Each day before 50% of the deadline is reached, players must grow a crystal. The player chooses its color, and whether it is townie or scummy inside (town have little reason to choose the latter). There is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. Players can't grow crystals in a color they already have. Crystal color is public but crystal alignment is not.
Players cannot be voted directly, but their crystals can be voted. Majority voting a crystal destroys it and reveals its alignment. When a scummy crystal is destroyed all other crystals with the same owner are destroyed and the crystal's owner flipped and removed from the game.
Crystal growth is mandatory, if a player forgets to grow a crystal, the mafia pick one matching that player's alignment to be grown.
Night zero and each night, instead of a kill, the mafia may choose a town player whose crystal grown that day will be hollow. Hollow crystals aren't counted towards win conditions. If they are destroyed, it isn't shown that they were hollow, just the alignment.
The mafia wins when there is a scummy crystal of each color at the end of a night phase.
The town wins when there are two townie crystals of each color, owned by townies (townie crystals in mafia possession don't count for anyone, just like hollow crystals.) at the end of a night phase. Scum wins ties.

I'm trying to fill the last two spaces for this setup you-know-where, if anyone wants to be shamelessly poached

Spoiler tags are not allowed, as per standard rule 8. Please do not do so again, consider this an official warning.

Yams, will do a vote count, please?

I have to go to bed, but I get up before most of you. xoxo

We are celebrating my birthday tonight so I will try to get one up a little later.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 29, 2020, 12:25:11 am »

I was developing a hard scumread on you until you unvoted. 
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.