Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190530 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #500 on: July 28, 2020, 05:11:47 pm »

Are you admitting to being scum?

*Scum wouldn’t do X*
*Really? You don’t think scum would do X? Ok, I’m doing X*

I get you’re being facetious, but the “Really?” reads weirdly.

I was more going for "really, that worked on you? in that case, I'll do it too because I also don't want to be exiled"
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 28, 2020, 05:13:27 pm »

I think I've hammered once (when it wasn't a win for scum to do so, I've done that once too) and I was scum. I'm usually too scared to hammer, if I'm not on a wagon before X-1 why would I jump to it now?

This is the scummy kind of self-awareness.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 28, 2020, 05:14:44 pm »

*Scum wouldn’t do X*

I was more going for "really, that worked on you? in that case, I'll do it too because I also don't want to be exiled"

That's really not what town!you would be thinking about. Your scumread that you're voting for is at X-2 and was recently at X-1, with everyone scumreading them, including the person that's most pushing you. I'd call that a victory, yet you're playing self-preservation.

I think I've hammered once (when it wasn't a win for scum to do so, I've done that once too) and I was scum. I'm usually too scared to hammer, if I'm not on a wagon before X-1 why would I jump to it now?

This is the scummy kind of self-awareness.

Self-awareness of what? Oh, not hammering when town? I just don't hammer at all. I don't like it. I guess I can say why I don't do it when I'm scum, but it boils down to, well, I'm not usually in a position to do so, as town!me is also not usually in said position.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 28, 2020, 05:14:56 pm »

I.e. what I'm hearing from MiX is "I regret missing my chance to hammer, now let me try to spin that as a reason for you not to vote me."

I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 28, 2020, 05:17:03 pm »

At the moment I thought, wow the chairs wagon blew up, why is that? Let's investigate, and most importantly not end the day immediately. Aka, let's scumhunt, that's the whole point of D1.

Of course if chairs is scum, I should've hammered, but as people voting for me thinking I'm chairs' partner are saying (why didn't YOU guys hammer chairs, huh?), I'm not that sure chairs is scum.

I generally understand the desire to scumhunt, in this case it just seems a bit sketchy - we're already nearing end of day (tomorrow at noon?).

Also MiX saying "I'm usually too scared to hammer" just sounds wrong. That's not the image of MiX I have.

Ppe 4
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 28, 2020, 05:20:42 pm »

Of course if chairs is scum, I should've hammered, but as people voting for me thinking I'm chairs' partner are saying (why didn't YOU guys hammer chairs, huh?), I'm not that sure chairs is scum.

chairs looks scummy, Galz looks scummy, but I haven't given it much thought.

Which probably means they're both town...

I caught scum already. Why do I need to do more?

The scumteam's joth/pops/chairs by the way. Just exile all of them and win!

Birthdays are a social construct designed to artificially inflate capitalistic tendencies among the masses.

And this is why you're scum.

It's the chairs freeze effect, where chairs says a bunch of nonsense and no one can say anything anymore.

Kinda makes me wanna exile him tbh, but he's the least-likely-to-be-scum scumread I have.

Swowl and joth both feel towny to me. @MiX, why aren't you jumping about like usual?

I caught scum. It's joth/pops/chairs. The game's over.

Why do I need to jump?

Chairs is doing really crazy shenanigans which at this point I think is scummy, but he could be town. I feel like he would be saying more meaningful things as town, and the same amount of fluffyness.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 28, 2020, 05:22:04 pm »

I.e. what I'm hearing from MiX is "I regret missing my chance to hammer, now let me try to spin that as a reason for you not to vote me."

This is kinda correct.

At the moment I thought, wow the chairs wagon blew up, why is that? Let's investigate, and most importantly not end the day immediately. Aka, let's scumhunt, that's the whole point of D1.

I generally understand the desire to scumhunt, in this case it just seems a bit sketchy - we're already nearing end of day (tomorrow at noon?).

Also MiX saying "I'm usually too scared to hammer" just sounds wrong. That's not the image of MiX I have.

Ppe 4

Well, you've got me wrong then.

PPE: Yes, I know my own posts. I've been scumreading chairs. Doesn't mean I need to hammer him. He can be town.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 28, 2020, 05:23:24 pm »

*Scum wouldn’t do X*

That's really not what town!you would be thinking about. Your scumread that you're voting for is at X-2 and was recently at X-1, with everyone scumreading them, including the person that's most pushing you. I'd call that a victory, yet you're playing self-preservation.

Ohh FFS (and Galz this goes for you too) I was sarcastically pointing out that Robz's unvote was letting chairs off the hook too easily. That's all I was doing. I guess I did a bad job of making the point. I was not seriously saying that I was going to stop posting and I was not seriously trying to get people to stop voting for me. It was a cute, humorous attempt to convey to Robz that I thought his unvote was weak.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 28, 2020, 05:25:12 pm »

We're all just pointing out the undeniable reality that  all game you have been not only scumreading chairs but expressing absolute certainty that he's scum (without, I might add, ever voting for him) and then, when you were given the opportunity to hammer him, you wouldn't do it. In fact, you're still not voting for him now.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 28, 2020, 05:25:53 pm »

We're all just pointing out the undeniable reality that  all game you have been not only scumreading chairs but expressing absolute certainty that he's scum (without, I might add, ever voting for him) and then, when you were given the opportunity to hammer him, you wouldn't do it. In fact, you're still not voting for him now.

If you do, I will.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 28, 2020, 05:26:37 pm »

Vote: chairs

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 28, 2020, 05:26:53 pm »

Vote: chairs

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 28, 2020, 05:27:38 pm »

Also, I think I've said this 1000 times in 1000 games but self-preservation is not alignment indicative. Unless you're a jester, no one wants to be exiled. So it's not a town tell that chairs doesn't seem invested in saving himself and it's not a scum tell that I do.

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 28, 2020, 05:28:35 pm »

This is kinda correct.

Ppe 4

Well, you've got me wrong then.

PPE: Yes, I know my own posts. I've been scumreading chairs. Doesn't mean I need to hammer him. He can be town.

I mean, maybe? Everything you always post is with such confidence (as exhibited by joth's quote wall), to then hear a timid  "I'm usually too scared to hammer".

ppe several
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 28, 2020, 05:30:05 pm »

Man, now I'm torn - I was about to switch my vote to MiX, and now the chairs vote has quickly grown again.

I still like chairs for scum. so leaving my vote. Let's see if we can get this done.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 28, 2020, 05:32:11 pm »

Also, I completely side with joth on the "that's what'll do then". It's NAI.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 28, 2020, 05:36:35 pm »

There is a scummy side to fluff posting. It's easy to do and making up posts with substance is hard as scum. It also breaks up discussions, making town efforts less effective. Last, it demonstrates a disengagement from town goals, which is very much a scum trait.

Reposting this because it seems like it's been missed by a few people.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 28, 2020, 05:37:30 pm »

Now I discover I've missed a bunch. Catching up.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 28, 2020, 05:43:46 pm »

*Scum wouldn’t do X*

Ohh FFS (and Galz this goes for you too) I was sarcastically pointing out that Robz's unvote was letting chairs off the hook too easily. That's all I was doing. I guess I did a bad job of making the point. I was not seriously saying that I was going to stop posting and I was not seriously trying to get people to stop voting for me. It was a cute, humorous attempt to convey to Robz that I thought his unvote was weak.

Clearly I stated that I knew you were being facetious and not serious. But this hasn’t been the only flippant post that you’ve made. I’m not voting you because you were going to stop posting for the rest of the day - making my vote out to be that is missing the point at best, and scummy at worst.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 28, 2020, 05:52:46 pm »

joth's summary of MiX's stances toward chairs shows the exact mix (haha) of attitudes he is showing now. I was reading MiX as very towny. Until he voted chairs to please joth, his biggest scum read. This chairs wagon feels very scummy to me and I won't be joining it.  I'm thinking the chairs voters are my X-pool.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 28, 2020, 05:59:34 pm »

*Scum wouldn’t do X*

Clearly I stated that I knew you were being facetious and not serious. But this hasn’t been the only flippant post that you’ve made. I’m not voting you because you were going to stop posting for the rest of the day - making my vote out to be that is missing the point at best, and scummy at worst.

Why ARE you voting for me?

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 28, 2020, 07:26:26 pm »

I've iso'd Robz, Chairs and LL now too.. the latter two didn't take long! I think the reads are most relevant in the context of the game stuff that's happened over the past few hours, though.

For Robz, I agree with his MiX vote, given MiX's reaction to being called on his failure to hammer one of his top scumteam. Other than that, my reads are pretty incompatible with Robz's, in that I townread Swowl and Robz seems to scumread him while townreading Joth, whose possible early scumslip I'm still holding as suspicious.

For Chairs, one thing I noticed was that a lot of his early interactions are with MiX and not so much with other people. Coupling that with MiX's unwillingness to be the hammer, and that seems suspicious.

For LL, he almost always just reads as genuine to me, and he was the first one to point out the Joth slip, in his very first post this game, which seems townie. Of course, he's being even more d1-shy than me this game, which doesn't help with making a solid-feeling read.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 28, 2020, 07:29:05 pm »

Vote: Chairs for the time being. Could be persuaded onto MiX, I think, after the no-hammer stuff.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 28, 2020, 07:30:52 pm »

That's X-1 by the way.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 28, 2020, 07:31:40 pm »

Here's a Space Count:

Isis (1): EFHW
jotheonah (4): Chairs, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, Galzria
Chairs (5): scolapasta, Isis, jotheonah, MiX, SpaceAnemone
MiX (3): Dylan32, LaLight, Robz888

Looks like my vote put Chairs to X-2 again.

PPE 1: what did I miss?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.