Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190476 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2020, 04:33:46 pm »

Ooo, the claws come out. Finally.

I'm Town and I'm not changing my vote. Also, exile me if you must but don't expect me to claim or anything, I spent a few hours in the ER last night and so now I'm staying with family a few days while we see how much my new medicine jacks me up (gall stone, nothing "serious") but I don't have a phone charger so this is probably my last post of the Day.

I don't really think scum would risk leaving it at that and signing off here, so this is more likely coming from town.

Unvote
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2020, 04:34:57 pm »

I'm Town and I'm not changing my vote. Also, exile me if you must but don't expect me to claim or anything, I spent a few hours in the ER last night and so now I'm staying with family a few days while we see how much my new medicine jacks me up (gall stone, nothing "serious") but I don't have a phone charger so this is probably my last post of the Day.

I don't really think scum would risk leaving it at that and signing off here, so this is more likely coming from town.

Unvote

really? ok in that case I'm signing off for the rest of the day too.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2020, 04:35:27 pm »

Unvote

Well I already didn't think you were scum.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2020, 04:36:10 pm »

Ok, I'm willing to hammer chairs, but MiX's reaction here to chair's wagon seems scummy, even if they aren't partners, like he's included chairs as part of his 100% scum team, but then on other occasions when someone else called chairs scummy, MiX questioned them on it. It's like he's listing chairs as a scumread but then hedges to A) avoid looking scummy if chairs flips green or B) avoid pushing a partner through to exile.

Vote: MiX

what you think of Joth?

Early game slight townread, more recently pushed back to null, but I saw and agree with his observation on MiX, which pushes slightly town, so I would prefer MiX or chairs to joth.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2020, 04:36:30 pm »

Ok, I'm willing to hammer chairs, but MiX's reaction here to chair's wagon seems scummy, even if they aren't partners, like he's included chairs as part of his 100% scum team, but then on other occasions when someone else called chairs scummy, MiX questioned them on it. It's like he's listing chairs as a scumread but then hedges to A) avoid looking scummy if chairs flips green or B) avoid pushing a partner through to exile.

Good instinct but it won't work. MiX is unexilable day 1.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2020, 04:37:01 pm »

vote: MiX
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2020, 04:39:14 pm »

I'm down with vote: MiX

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2020, 04:39:21 pm »

Why is this the case?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 28, 2020, 04:40:24 pm »

Unvote

I guess, 2 things

(1)  all you know is that chairs said he was leaving it there. that could have been a bluff.
(2)  why wouldn't scum do that if it worked this well to get you to change your vote?

He/him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2020, 04:40:52 pm »

It only takes 5 more votes to prove that wrong.

ppe: 4 votes to prove it wrong
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 28, 2020, 04:41:55 pm »

I like this reasoning.

Unvote

I don’t like this reasoning (although it may not be wrong... I just don’t like it).

Unvote

Are you admitting to being scum?

*Scum wouldn’t do X*
*Really? You don’t think scum would do X? Ok, I’m doing X*

I get you’re being facetious, but the “Really?” reads weirdly.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 28, 2020, 04:43:38 pm »

Unvote

I guess, 2 things

(1)  all you know is that chairs said he was leaving it there. that could have been a bluff.
(2)  why wouldn't scum do that if it worked this well to get you to change your vote?

Well, scum!chairs would have had to know that this post would have such a reaction on me, which is possibly and would be very very impressive play on his part, but seems less likely. It's more likely that I'm just wrong, then he's scum and gamed this out specifically with this in mind.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 28, 2020, 04:44:49 pm »

Except he doesn't need you specifically to have that reaction - just anyone who was voting for him.

Unvote

I guess, 2 things

Well, scum!chairs would have had to know that this post would have such a reaction on me, which is possibly and would be very very impressive play on his part, but seems less likely. It's more likely that I'm just wrong, then he's scum and gamed this out specifically with this in mind.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 28, 2020, 04:45:21 pm »

Except he doesn't need you specifically to have that reaction - just anyone who was voting for him.

Unvote

I guess, 2 things

Yay, my first quote fail!

I'll try that again:

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 28, 2020, 04:45:24 pm »

Unvote

I guess, 2 things

Edit to the above: It's more likely that I'm just wrong, THAN that he's scum and gamed this out specifically with this in mind.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 28, 2020, 04:47:02 pm »

Unvote

I guess, 2 things

Yay, my first quote fail!

I'll try that again:

It's going to be WIFOM but I think consigning one's self to death and then disappearing is a likely way to get killed. My memory can be off, but it seems to me that in the past when I've tried this, it's resulted in my exile.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 28, 2020, 04:49:18 pm »

Tentative vote: Joth. A number of posts in the last 36 hours or so have pinged me. There’s been an almost... flippancy about his posts that don’t feel like they are genuinely townie.

Debating my feelings towards MiX/Robz/Swowl/LaLight right now. Also way, way, way under the Radar is Space.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 28, 2020, 04:52:18 pm »

Tentative vote: Joth. A number of posts in the last 36 hours or so have pinged me. There’s been an almost... flippancy about his posts that don’t feel like they are genuinely townie.

Debating my feelings towards MiX/Robz/Swowl/LaLight right now. Also way, way, way under the Radar is Space.

Space's sole contribution, in my head at least, has been to complain about the Isis fluff—which still makes Space vastly more active and distinguishable than, say, LL and WCD.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2020, 04:53:38 pm »

I prefer MiX to Joth, so Vote: MiX

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 28, 2020, 04:58:38 pm »

I guess this is why hammering is pro town?

I'd rather get scum 100% than someone that can flip town.

My read on chairs hasn't changed in a while, and his latest post is pretty null to me, which is to say it's scummy but also what chairs does, but not what town!chairs would like to do.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 28, 2020, 05:01:12 pm »

Did you know that this is joth claiming to be scum? Because I do.

You're not even trying, right? 3 minutes apart. You're not part of town. You're on a completely different level.

I like this reasoning.

That's parroting what joth said, yet joth is scum and dylan is town? What gives?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 28, 2020, 05:03:01 pm »

My read on chairs hasn't changed in a while, and his latest post is pretty null to me, which is to say it's scummy but also what chairs does, but not what town!chairs would like to do.

I don't get this - you think chairs is scum, you'd 100% rather get scum, but when you had the chance to hammer you didn't.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 28, 2020, 05:03:18 pm »

I don't get this - you think chairs is scum, you'd 100% rather get scum, but when you had the chance to hammer you didn't.

I don't like hammering.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 28, 2020, 05:05:39 pm »

I think I've hammered once (when it wasn't a win for scum to do so, I've done that once too) and I was scum. I'm usually too scared to hammer, if I'm not on a wagon before X-1 why would I jump to it now?

At the moment I thought, wow the chairs wagon blew up, why is that? Let's investigate, and most importantly not end the day immediately. Aka, let's scumhunt, that's the whole point of D1.

Of course if chairs is scum, I should've hammered, but as people voting for me thinking I'm chairs' partner are saying (why didn't YOU guys hammer chairs, huh?), I'm not that sure chairs is scum.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 28, 2020, 05:08:44 pm »

Unvote

I prefer MiX to Joth, so Vote: MiX

Who do you prefer, like, at all?

vote: MiX

Lol? Why? Weren't you voting chairs?

You won't take any of my questions seriously, but isn't chairs infinitely easier to exile than me? Why vote me if we're both scum? chairs has a much bigger wagon!

Unvote

Are you admitting to being scum?

*Scum wouldn’t do X*
*Really? You don’t think scum would do X? Ok, I’m doing X*

I get you’re being facetious, but the “Really?” reads weirdly.

Wooooah. Galzria caught the scumslip too. Well done.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.