Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190552 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: July 27, 2020, 04:31:52 pm »

Join us on Isis.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 27, 2020, 04:58:29 pm »

My disdain for the wordsoupy look of "popsofctown" has been overpowering the consistency benefits of using it, and I've been moving away from it over time and started using non-ugly usernames for accounts.  I've been using "Isis" as my main account on MS for the past 4 months.  It doesn't take very much criticism to want to switch to the name I like better anyways.

My favorite video game Puzzles and Dragons has a character modeled after the Egyptian goddess who is both weak and endearing, so the name has a "Scout" feel to it that I like.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 27, 2020, 05:04:38 pm »

Some of my MiX voting is OMGUS for sure. Which is weird because those of you who know me know that I'm not really prone to OMGUS. But it really bugs me when MiX gets this cocksure about something that I know for a fact is wrong.

At the same time, I think there is something scummy about MiX's confidence. In most games with MiX, he is 100% sure he's found the scum team until he's not, and then he moves on to something else and acts as though his old case never existed. Here, he's not budging. He's just drawn three names out of a hat and parked there. I expect town!MiX to exhibit a bit of humility and willingness to reassess, and I'm not seeing that here.
This feels off to me.  Like, MiX is probably going to get one of the exiles he wants voted up and might shift melodies at that point.  This seems a little overly willing to inject observer bias into sorting to the slot, especially since joth sounds confident he'd know what to look for?

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 27, 2020, 05:08:16 pm »

354 is probably a townpost
does that require explaining

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 27, 2020, 07:44:59 pm »

Pops' posting is completely different from what town!pops would be doing, which is to use his skills to solve the game. Instead he's not doing that.

have you played with town!pops/isis?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 27, 2020, 07:45:17 pm »

also I just realized I am still omgus voting galz.

Unvote
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 27, 2020, 07:45:52 pm »

Pops' posting is completely different from what town!pops would be doing, which is to use his skills to solve the game. Instead he's not doing that.

No.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 27, 2020, 07:47:26 pm »

No.

so just reverse engineering then, or what is the basis of your statement?
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 27, 2020, 07:49:55 pm »

I'm going from what I know of Isis, from generally talking about mafia. They do that a lot.

This is not how town!isis would play this game. It's close, but it's not...it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 27, 2020, 07:51:07 pm »

I was going to post a giant wall of re-read notes, but maybe just a summary is going to be less unwelcome, because it really was going to be a big wall, and I've only gotten as far as scolapasta in the sign-up order.

Anyway, summaries are:

1. Swowl -- townie. Worth remembering that later because he was even one of the players propagating the hearthstone content, so I guess I don't scumread that too badly.
2. Dylan32 -- solid meh. I know that MiX and some people I haven't yet re-read put him in the town camp, but I didn't get that vibe from him. I feel like a bunch of his posts seem to agree specifically with one side of an argument, and then another subsequent post goes back to agree a bit with the other side.
3. EFHW -- I think we ended up talking at cross-purposes bit in the thing where she disagreed with me at #156. I don't see how she gets to "I don't see how Joth is scummy" when an actual d1-case got made earlier, but I guess it's shorthand for just not buying into the case? She asks about the joth case at #351 so maybe she just missed it. Townier side of meh.
4. MiX -- 71 game posts, so this one was a slog. The game started at #28, and he already had a serious vote down in #45, which is early. I have to say, I strongly disagree with his criticism about quoting, because there are several occasions where even reading up and down a few posts, it's really hard to piece together what he's on about. See for example post #192, where I think it's just referring to the post above, but it's trying to be clever and twist the meaning by taking something Joth said about himself and pretending it was applied to himself, so there's quite a bit degree of uncertainty/deniability around what he really means to say, which I guess I don't like, in the sense of disliking things that are unclear, rather than in the sense of definitely thinking it's scummy. he's got a weird query to me at #280 about Swowl's vote, after I'd made a comment about Pops/Isis's vote. I feel like he's reading a parallel-but-different version of the thread I'm in sometimes.
5. Scolapasta -- seems a bit like a quieter version of MiX. He jumps in with a comment on Joth right off the bat, though it's after MiX originally dropped his vote there. Swings to Galz for no reason I saw coming. I think #268 is agreeing that off-topic-posting is often scummy, but the phrasing leaves room for misinterpretation like some of MiX's stuff too. Unclear why he moves to Chairs rather than Joth if he's actually following along with MiX, though.

That's still quite a wall, even in abstracted form. Anyway, not sure I'm seeing any obvscum here, though I'm not sure I expect to on a d1, especially if even Isis is resigning to the fact that MiX may get his way with his proposed exile-pool (expool? spool?), none of whom is in that top group of people anyway. I'll try to iso the rest tomorrow, since I've just noticed that the day after that is the d1 deadline.

PPE ~4-9, depending on how I count it.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 27, 2020, 07:59:40 pm »

"Proposed name of Jimmmmm's site" is the correct term.

You'll see when we start playing in joth/isis/chairs. Then we can ditch this forum!

By the way, what's your read on me? It feels like you gave up? Same for scola.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 27, 2020, 08:11:17 pm »

I'd also like Galz to respond to my swowl case.

I would like robz to answer my previous question regarding what your case is?

How about I’ll make it super simple - explain to me exactly what it is that you think i was making an excuse to leave the table from? Like not the general “3 post back and forth” between Galz and I. But what exact part of it do you think i would have enough of an issue with dealing with that i do what you say instead of not?

I think it’s perfectly obvious. There’s not a lot to it, because it’s not like the most major slam dunk case ever.

It is not obvious to me. At the very least I think I have a certain "right" to request the case being made on me to be explained in full.
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 28, 2020, 04:56:26 am »

It took me a while to realise this was in response to me. I have no idea what the proposed name of Jimmmmm's site is -- would you care to elaborate?

You'll see when we start playing in joth/isis/chairs. Then we can ditch this forum!

That first sentence doesn't make sense to me. The second sentence makes grammatical sense, but I'm not someone who jumps to the new cool thing too often, so I'm more likely to stay here than to jump ship to something that looks different.

By the way, what's your read on me? It feels like you gave up? Same for scola.

Hey, you're in the same timezone as me, and it was almost 1am, which is my hard stop time. I guess my read on you is that I'm trying hard not to give into bias and just think you're scummy for being so indirect in what you're saying the same time as being super-assertive that you're right about your eventual conclusions. Like, I'm pretty sure I see where you were coming from way back in the opening posts about Joth's possible scumslip, and your vote backs you up on it. But then when other people asked about it, you just kind of left the topic there waiting for other people to talk, which seems like not being committed, in spite of the vote. So that makes me wary that you're trying to leave too much wiggle room.

Scola is a more diluted version of you because he makes fewer posts, but I still feel a bit like he's not fully making sense to me (see the integers thing), and also he seems to have sheeped one of your exile options, hence being mildly in the MiX camp too.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 28, 2020, 07:46:54 am »

It took me a while to realise this was in response to me. I have no idea what the proposed name of Jimmmmm's site is -- would you care to elaborate?

That first sentence doesn't make sense to me. The second sentence makes grammatical sense, but I'm not someone who jumps to the new cool thing too often, so I'm more likely to stay here than to jump ship to something that looks different.

MiX may get his way with his proposed exile-pool (expool? spool?)

It's a very complicated joke that doesn't belong in a game. You see, Jimmmm's site is called "Lynchpool", and he wants a new name for it. So "proposed name of Jimmmmm's site" is simultaneously a way to say lynchpool without saying lynch, and a thing in itself: if I'm "proposing a name for Jimmmmm's site", and that is "joth/isis/chairs" (my lynchpool), then if it would get approved, we would be playing in a site called "joth/isis/chairs".

I'll see myself out. Call me when one of these flip town.

By the way, I'm being incredibly stubborn because I still remember macguffin mafia where 2 obv!town for me were exiled, and so I had to misexile someone that I actually thought was scum, but since we had already killed too many town, I was left with zero error margin, and so when I made a mistake I caused town to be endgamed. That was incredibly frustrating so I'm doing everything I can to stop it from happening, the easiest way is to push my scumreads a ton so I can correct myself before town's endgamed.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 28, 2020, 08:56:29 am »

MiX, I find this post about your introspection process really illuminating. I have often said I feel like you and I have come so far in terms of how we read/treat each other, but the truth is that you have really come so far and I’ve just come a little but. I admire the way that you actively seek improvement in your game.

This perhaps also explains some of why I have found you off this game, because it’s really this lack of pushing that Space articulates.

So, let’s see how well you’re reading Joth. I’ve been fairly null on him, but I’m willing to stand next to you for awhile.

Vote: Joth
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 28, 2020, 09:42:00 am »

Vote: Swowl
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 28, 2020, 11:58:07 am »

I'm scumreading Didds's people pleasing tone.

Joth, why are you voting Swowl?  Why not vote me instead?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 28, 2020, 12:01:56 pm »

Yeah, good question!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 28, 2020, 12:06:31 pm »

Ha! I’m an approval seeker from way back. I blame growing up in Texas.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 28, 2020, 12:16:40 pm »

Because I'm townreading you.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 28, 2020, 12:33:31 pm »

Vote: Joth

is good with me. was struggling on deciding between the other wagons.
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 28, 2020, 01:44:43 pm »

I guess I need to do a re-read in the next 24 hours to prevent myself from being the deadline panic exile. Stand by for wall posts and airtight cases that will break this game wide open.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 28, 2020, 01:50:13 pm »

Ugh. Never good for town when we sort of come down to the wire and are forced to do a last minute exile without time to adjudicate claims. It's time for some wagon consolidation, people.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 28, 2020, 01:52:51 pm »

I guess I need to do a re-read in the next 24 hours to prevent myself from being the deadline panic exile. Stand by for wall posts and airtight cases that will break this game wide open.

I too would prefer a non-joth exile, given that I have a pretty strong town read on joth.

Vote Count 1.2

Isis (2): EFHW, SpaceAnemone
Swowl (2): LaLight, Robz888
jotheonah (2): MiX, chairs
MiX (3): WestCoastDidds, jotheonah, Isis
LaLight (1): Dylan32
chairs (2): Galzria, scolapasta
Galzria (1): Swowl

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Day 1 lasts until 12:30PM FT on Wednesday, July 29th, 2020. That is in ~48 hours.

NOTE: Isis is popsofctown's new name.

As obnoxious and wrong as MiX has been, I don't actually think he's scum, and don't see myself voting there.

Swowl would probably be my first choice, still.

What is the chairs case?

Don't want to lynch isis.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 28, 2020, 02:03:47 pm »

Well, it seems like in the absence of folks uninterested or unable to scumhunt, that voting for the anti-town folks is a pretty good fall back.

This is both a wrong and scummy thing to say. Town should never normalize voting for someone for any reason other than "I think their name is more likely than not  to flip red". If we do, we give scum a free pass to participate in a misexile and not be held accountable for it.

I think we should be looking at everyone who jumped on the "distracting fluff" is scummy argument, including Didds, Space, and Swowl.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.