Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190718 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: July 27, 2020, 02:04:31 am »

Good news, I'm back home! Bad news, I sunburnt my arm because my car's AC is out so I had to have the windows open to drive across the three hours across the state with any chance of not passing out in the 90+ degree weather :(

Need to go back and read but I think we've gone on long enough that I can make some proper opinions of the day :)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 27, 2020, 11:45:23 am »

Good morning, friends. I am shaking off the mental cobwebs after a weekend of delightful nothingness. 

It doesn't seem like I've missed much in terms of progress, but I will have a chance to read more carefully later.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 27, 2020, 11:57:55 am »

Swowl and joth both feel towny to me. @MiX, why aren't you jumping about like usual?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 27, 2020, 11:59:15 am »

Swowl and joth both feel towny to me. @MiX, why aren't you jumping about like usual?

I caught scum. It's joth/pops/chairs. The game's over.

Why do I need to jump?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 27, 2020, 12:01:13 pm »

Vote: MiX
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 27, 2020, 12:04:10 pm »

Vote: Mix

I think you genuinely had a gut feeling you wanted to state a townread on Didds and noticed a feature of her towngame, but I think you are more likely to follow that process where the new info doesn't change your overall read if you are scum.

Probably actually efoo

Should you still be voting for me?

Vote: MiX

You were already voting for me.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 27, 2020, 12:07:23 pm »

Why do I need to jump?

Why are you so sure of those three? I'm still wary of pops and the whole fluff posting, but she has added some actual content more recently.

I think I agree on:

Vote: chairs
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 27, 2020, 12:09:30 pm »

Joth is not acting town. It's hard to explain...but I think it's impossible for joth to do what he's doing here if he's town.

Pops' posting is completely different from what town!pops would be doing, which is to use his skills to solve the game. Instead he's not doing that.

Chairs is doing really crazy shenanigans which at this point I think is scummy, but he could be town. I feel like he would be saying more meaningful things as town, and the same amount of fluffyness.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 27, 2020, 12:10:33 pm »

Her skills. She's not doing that.

It's hard to call "pops" female, okay?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Night 0)
« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2020, 12:43:54 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

Isis (2): EFHW, SpaceAnemone
Swowl (2): LaLight, Robz888
jotheonah (2): MiX, chairs
MiX (3): WestCoastDidds, jotheonah, Isis
LaLight (1): Dylan32
chairs (2): Galzria, scolapasta
Galzria (1): Swowl

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Day 1 lasts until 12:30PM FT on Wednesday, July 29th, 2020. That is in ~48 hours.

NOTE: Isis is popsofctown's new name.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 27, 2020, 12:58:32 pm »

I kind of feel like chairs and MiX are both flavored water level scummy, but MiX impresses me with his analysis and kind of is a player I'd want to leave alive.  An active gamestate can be valuable, and sometimes it doesn't even matter if the most active players are town aligned.

A chairs flip is kind of a win/win because MiX seems to be tumbling into some muleish confidence and a bad flip will get him re-assessing.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 27, 2020, 12:59:20 pm »

Look at that incredible space bar smash I did after the colon, do you all know where to find the tip jar?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2020, 01:15:05 pm »

Some of my MiX voting is OMGUS for sure. Which is weird because those of you who know me know that I'm not really prone to OMGUS. But it really bugs me when MiX gets this cocksure about something that I know for a fact is wrong.

At the same time, I think there is something scummy about MiX's confidence. In most games with MiX, he is 100% sure he's found the scum team until he's not, and then he moves on to something else and acts as though his old case never existed. Here, he's not budging. He's just drawn three names out of a hat and parked there. I expect town!MiX to exhibit a bit of humility and willingness to reassess, and I'm not seeing that here.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2020, 01:53:28 pm »

I kind of feel like chairs and MiX are both flavored water level scummy, but MiX impresses me with his analysis and kind of is a player I'd want to leave alive.  An active gamestate can be valuable, and sometimes it doesn't even matter if the most active players are town aligned.

A chairs flip is kind of a win/win because MiX seems to be tumbling into some muleish confidence and a bad flip will get him re-assessing.

As y'all know I still have my eye on Isis - i.e. reading her posts as if it were scum!isis. This one fits that bill - if she sees that partner chairs is going to exiled, it gets her some town cred, and if he's not, it's already laying a framework to suspect MiX.

it is something town!isis would do as well, though, but wouldn't there then be a vote for chairs here? I could go back to voting here.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 27, 2020, 02:08:15 pm »

I'm actually not a big  fan of "I don't want to exile X because they're a good player and I want to keep them alive."

For one thing, it's kind of mean since it implies that the rest of us are not good players so we might as well die. For another thing, as an argument for (not) exiling that doesn't allude to alignment, it's just a safe thing for scum to hide behind when trying to stay off their partners. And for a third thing, good players who are scum are just as dangerous as good players who are town are helpful.

So yeah. If you think someone is good at the game that's swell and feel free to pay them a compliment, but vote for the person you think is scum.

He/him

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 27, 2020, 02:19:20 pm »

I'm actually not a big  fan of "I don't want to exile X because they're a good player and I want to keep them alive."

For one thing, it's kind of mean since it implies that the rest of us are not good players so we might as well die. For another thing, as an argument for (not) exiling that doesn't allude to alignment, it's just a safe thing for scum to hide behind when trying to stay off their partners. And for a third thing, good players who are scum are just as dangerous as good players who are town are helpful.

So yeah. If you think someone is good at the game that's swell and feel free to pay them a compliment, but vote for the person you think is scum.
The likelihood someone is scum is the largest factors, but there are other factors to consider, there's a tiebreaker here.  I'm not using this as a means to totally avoid discussing alignment reasoning, I've already explained why I thought MiX was scummy previously.

I like, am sorry if it hurts your feelings to hear opinions about the relative strengths of players.  Mafia would be less fun to me if I had to pretend I didn't notice it or had to lie about factoring it into my decisions.  It's commonplace in other games like basketball with pass play strategy.  I avoid commenting on people's apparent abilities when it's irrelevant to my chances of winning, but when I can't represent my actions transparently without mentioning I do because I think being a glass puzzle box is the best way to win as town.  I don't mind being booted from the game if I contradict site culture here too much.

Isis

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2020, 02:20:49 pm »

I used the word "like" when I was uncertain how to phrase

it can be read sarcastic but wasn't meant that way

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 27, 2020, 02:38:39 pm »

Some of my MiX voting is OMGUS for sure. Which is weird because those of you who know me know that I'm not really prone to OMGUS. But it really bugs me when MiX gets this cocksure about something that I know for a fact is wrong.

At the same time, I think there is something scummy about MiX's confidence. In most games with MiX, he is 100% sure he's found the scum team until he's not, and then he moves on to something else and acts as though his old case never existed. Here, he's not budging. He's just drawn three names out of a hat and parked there. I expect town!MiX to exhibit a bit of humility and willingness to reassess, and I'm not seeing that here.

In M128, scum!MiX didn’t really do the whole I’m 100% sure on anything other than Didds being town (at least through D3), so I’m not sure this is completely accurate.  There hasn’t been a ton of new content or arguments that would change reads a great deal from the initial reads, so he hasn’t had much of a reason to change his mind yet.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2020, 02:43:59 pm »

In M128, scum!MiX didn’t really do the whole I’m 100% sure on anything other than Didds being town (at least through D3), so I’m not sure this is completely accurate.  There hasn’t been a ton of new content or arguments that would change reads a great deal from the initial reads, so he hasn’t had much of a reason to change his mind yet.

M128 was multiball, though, so that's already different enough.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2020, 02:56:06 pm »

What there has been reinforces my theory. Joth acts scummier, isis is (wow, that's just...perfect) still scum, and chairs...well. Lol.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: July 27, 2020, 03:10:29 pm »

Ok fair. Town!mix in the last game Ash played, if I remember correctly, was pretty locked in on scum!Ash for at least a couple days straight. I could be wrong on that.  MiX did flip back and forth on a couple other people too, but I don’t remember him flipping on Ash once he settled there, even though he had opportunity to do so.

Although I guess some of that was Ash going after MiX, so might have been more out of self-pres that anything, idk.

Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 27, 2020, 03:11:59 pm »

Oh man big time quote fail.

Fixed:

Ok fair. Town!mix in the last game Ash played, if I remember correctly, was pretty locked in on scum!Ash for at least a couple days straight. I could be wrong on that.  MiX did flip back and forth on a couple other people too, but I don’t remember him flipping on Ash once he settled there, even though he had opportunity to do so.

Although I guess some of that was Ash going after MiX, so might have been more out of self-pres that anything, idk.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 27, 2020, 03:17:03 pm »

Well in that game when I locked onto scum, I never let them go IIRC. The ash thing was...well, he had to be scum after that, for reasons that are incredibly hard to explain.

But not all games are the same.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 27, 2020, 04:22:18 pm »

Why the name change, isis?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 27, 2020, 04:27:01 pm »

Why do I need to jump?

It has seemed to me that that is how you scumhunt. Thinking you found the scum team Day 1 is kind of farfetched, don't you think?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.